BY MAYBELLINE #46 in Mascara

• I need to know where they carry this blue one5 Answers
Buy on Walmart
Jay S.
ALISO VIEJO
It’s the OG mascara with a fun twist! I will always love this product. It’s easy to use, does the job, is reliable and sooooo affordable. Is it my favorite mascara? No, but I always have a bottle in hand, because it’s still a great classic and it doesn’t let me down.... and now it comes in blue!!! I don’t wear this daily, but when I want a pop of color, this is perfection!
Alana C.
This mascara is actually pretty nice... It really does a good job with coating your lashes and making them look a lot fuller. What I really like it how the brush it shaped so it kinda wings out your lashes and makes them look really pretty! Definitely not a waste to buy, especially for how cheap it is! I would recommend
Ann B.
Charleston, WV
I have used this mascara since I was about 16yrs old.  I absolutely love it. It stays on all day without smudging and gives my lashes a longer, fuller affect. My eyes are green so I like using the back to make them pop.  I would recommend this product to all make up gurus.  Not only is it far,  but also affordable.  😍
Kayla L.
Collinsville
I love this mascara! I love how it makes my lashes look. Plus is doesn’t cost that much maybe $5 to $8 dollars. I always buy the mascara  u can find it at wAlmArt. My eyes are brown and the mascara helps that color pop. I recommend everyone to use this product
Megan K.
Pepperell
This was my ride or die mascara in high school. It’s been around for forever and I think it’s fantastic. It doesn’t clump like other mascaras can and it gets the job done. Would recommend to a friend who isn’t obsessed with makeup but wants a good inexpensive mascara.
Vanessa G.
I love the unique shades of mascara. I will say that at first I really did not think that it was that noticeable. However, I did have more than one person comment on how awesome the color looked so it must seem more noticeable to others. I would definitely recommend to someone looking for something a bit fun to add to the makeup collection.
Ravan A.
Pittsburgh, PA
The original holy grail of mascara - even this variation is stellar. I have no idea how this mascara has been incredible forever - even my mom used it in the 90s. So impressed.
Amber M.
Zanesville, OH
This is one of my favorite mascara's. It has been around forever. Although it does not add much volume, it is waterproof to the max! It's really affordable and is great for beauty beginners. I have green eyes and it looks great on me. Will continue to buy.
Molly H.
I love this mascara so freaking much. I'm not going to lie it is a messy mascara. For me whenever I would put it in it would get on my eyelid. But it's worth the mess because it makes your lashes 110% longer. It also adds thickness which makes them almost look like fake eyelashes. I really love this product overall.
Nicole M.
wausau, WI
When I received Maybelline Great Lash in Royal Blue, I ws confused. What decade is this? Colored mascaras haven't really been a thing for a couple decades -- not since I stole my aunt's navy mascara in middle school, at least. I took a while to try this mascara because I wasn't sure how well it would work with my green eyes, either. It's definitely a brighter shade than I have ever tried. But, what the hell. I got it for free. What's the worst that can happen, right?

i'm not familiar with other Maybelline mascaras, so while the tube looks the same, green and pink, I can't speak for the wand. It's short and straight, but the bristles are arranged in a spiral pattern on the brush. I don't really like this. It took quite a few strokes to cover my lashes, especially those corner lashes. A longer brush might help with that.

But I did like the blue more than I figured I would. It's noticeable but not super dramatic. This is probably due to the fact that the formula doesn't add anything in terms of length or volume -- or lift for that matter. My lashes were straight out. While this wasn't clumpy, it didn't perform well exactly. From a mascara, I expect more. As a colored paint, which is what the formula feels like, it's okay.

I wish I could tell you how this mascara held up over time (I had greasy lids and only ever wear tubing mascara because of this), but it only took a minute or so before my eyes felt dry and my lashed felt stabby. I quickly had to remove it because of the discomfort. The mascara removed easily, but I'm pretty hesitant to try it again because of this.

Even without that, it does nothing at all for my lashes and would probably give me blue raccoon eyes over the day. If you're looking for a colored mascara, this one is probably cheap, but you'll want to layer it over mascara that does something for your lashes or perhaps over a base and under a top coat.

unless you can justify throwing your money away, however, I'd skip this one.

I received this product review in exchange for my review.
Victoria F.
Spring Valley, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've never tried Maybelline mascara. Is it good?
Nicky B.
Ursa, IL
Has anyone else had the issue of the blue just not showing up?
Melissa S.
Poughkeepsie, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does it show up on dark lashes without a primer?
Carolina G.
London
Does it volumize?
Buffy M.
Tell City, IN
Beauty Junkie Expert
Did anyone else have any problems putting it on? Like it was to thin?