BY MAYBELLINE NEW YORK #32 in Mascara

Back by popular demand, Great Lash Royal Blue gives your lashes a subtle pop of color that is universally flattering for all eyes.This cult-classic mascara is a wearable shade that conditions lashes and spices up your everyday eye look with a pretty blue hue. See for yourself why we had to bring it back!

• I saw influenster sending boxes of th...I was a little unsure, but lov... 1 Answers
  • I would love to try the royal blueGive it a go! It's very natura... 3 Answers
  • I need to know where they carry this ...Some drugstores have it, like ... 5 Answers
Photos (1506)
Paula Z.
Paula Z.
Moreno Valley, CA
I'm pleased to say, "WELCOME BACK Great Lash Royal Blue We missed you!!" Thanks for the volume and the beautiful blue color you brought back for spring and summer!! Changing that everyday look by switching your regular mascara with the Great Lash Royal Blue and adding a pop of color to your eyes letting them be the center of attention. Going along my day by putting on my BBcream, doing my eyebrows, adding lip gloss, and switching out my basic black mascara to the Great Lash Royal Blueūüíôperfect to get ppl talking about your eyes @influenster @maybelline #free #complimentary #contest
Cassie K.
Cassie K.
I received Maybelline Great Lash Blue free for testing purposes, but all opinions are my own. This is the same great mascara, just in a fun new color. It goes on well, really costs lashes, and lasts all day. The color payoff is high and you can noticeably see the blue color. It isn't too much though and compliments my look well without being overpowering. I highly recommend this mascara. It's a simple, yet powerful way to subtly switch up your look. Maybelline Great Lash Royal Blue Mascara
Alana M.
Alana M.
Murfreesboro, TN
I love love love this mascara! It doesn't smudge or come off through out the day for me. It goes on very smoothly and doesn't look clumpy, either! I would definitely recommend this mascara to my friends!
Nicole M.
Nicole M.
wausau, wi
When I received Maybelline Great Lash in Royal Blue, I ws confused. What decade is this? Colored mascaras haven't really been a thing for a couple decades -- not since I stole my aunt's navy mascara in middle school, at least. I took a while to try this mascara because I wasn't sure how well it would work with my green eyes, either. It's definitely a brighter shade than I have ever tried. But, what the hell. I got it for free. What's the worst that can happen, right?

i'm not familiar with other Maybelline mascaras, so while the tube looks the same, green and pink, I can't speak for the wand. It's short and straight, but the bristles are arranged in a spiral pattern on the brush. I don't really like this. It took quite a few strokes to cover my lashes, especially those corner lashes. A longer brush might help with that.

But I did like the blue more than I figured I would. It's noticeable but not super dramatic. This is probably due to the fact that the formula doesn't add anything in terms of length or volume -- or lift for that matter. My lashes were straight out. While this wasn't clumpy, it didn't perform well exactly. From a mascara, I expect more. As a colored paint, which is what the formula feels like, it's okay.

I wish I could tell you how this mascara held up over time (I had greasy lids and only ever wear tubing mascara because of this), but it only took a minute or so before my eyes felt dry and my lashed felt stabby. I quickly had to remove it because of the discomfort. The mascara removed easily, but I'm pretty hesitant to try it again because of this.

Even without that, it does nothing at all for my lashes and would probably give me blue raccoon eyes over the day. If you're looking for a colored mascara, this one is probably cheap, but you'll want to layer it over mascara that does something for your lashes or perhaps over a base and under a top coat.

unless you can justify throwing your money away, however, I'd skip this one.

I received this product review in exchange for my review.
Alicia S.
Alicia S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
MAYBELLINE BLUE VOXBOX @influenster @maybelline @InfluensterVox #GreatLashBlue #contest: I received my complimentary products for testing purposes, of the contents of the Maybelline Blue VoxBox. Though products were free, all opinions and reviews found below are of my own and independent from any party. VoxBox contents included the iconic green and pink bottled mascara in Blue and an Infallible line crayon eyeliner in Onyx. I believe the legendary green and pink Great Lash mascara packaging dates back to 1971! Amazing. I also went researching and found indication that Maybelline is still believed to be the #1 used mascara in the U.S. I think these stats speak for themselves as far as formula greatness and brand longevity!

The eyeliner (as I do prefer a crayon) was self sharpened and a creamy, smooth application. I would undoubtedly buy this again, and tell others my positive experience. The Infallible line is known for its performance and lasting power throughout the wear and tear of the day. Great for a busy mother of 3 !

The mascara's biggest attributes were its non-clump formula and lengthening capabilities. You cannot let it dry too long in between coats, of which I found two necessary to achieve full blue color coverage. The mascara does harden quickly. Bad for reapplication, but good for drying when flying out the door.

The blue mascara look was fun and brought back memories to my days in the 80s when high school and life was just easier. At 46, this is not a look I would wear regularly, but I would use it for fun days. Having blue eyes, it was pretty. I used a very soft pinkish base on lid, minimal highlight on brow, winged the crayon on upper lid, then put a complimentary blue shadow on top of the wide wing (in another blue) for more drama (wanting that blue lash to steal the stage). I only applied shadow and minimal mascara on bottom lashes and lash line. Using very minimal blush and a nude lip, the mascara took the lead. Again, it was very pretty and I was pleased with the results.

Nice product....but can only wear at certain times.
Vera N.
Vera N.
Newark, CA
I’m kinda on the fence about this mascara. First, I really REALLY like the color. It’s a beautiful bright electric blue that can add special vibes to your everyday look. Second, I love the fact that it’s very affordable. It’s always nice to have an option to try something new and fun without damaging your budget :) Even though I received this product complimentary for testing purposes from Influenster, I can imagine myself buying mascaras from Maybelline in other bright colors. I’m personally dreaming about vivid red :3
Now, to the drawbacks. First of all, it won’t really show this beautiful royal blue color on your eyes if you have dark eyelashes, so you will have to build the color up which this mascara doesn’t allow you to do perfectly. I feel that the best way is to wait several minutes between the applications otherwise you’ll find yourself brushing your eyelashes over and over without any result. But be ready for some clumps and moderate spider legs if you decide layering it up. I guess that white primer could help but I don’t have any, sorrynotsorry. Also because of its poor construction brush doesn’t pick much of the product, so I couldn’t even transfer it close enough to my lashline (not very noticeable in real life though).
My second complaint is that this mascara does almost nothing in terms of volumizing, lengthening, lifting (I always use my curler before applying mascara) or separating the lashes. I mean yeap it gives teeny tiny bit of volume and length, but do not expect much.
Nevertheless I still will use this mascara when I‚Äôm in the mood for something fun and different, ‚Äėcause as I already said I absolutely love the color.
To end this review on a positive note I can say that this mascara wears nice throughout the day with almost no fallout or smudging.
I can recommend this product to someone who want to experiment with bright makeup in affordable way (and probably has eyelash primer :)).
Melody C.
Melody C.
Cheyenne, WY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I must say I was very excited about receving my first #voxbox though a little less excited about the contents of it, it's been a great many years since I've used #Greatlashmascara #maybellinegreatlash #greatlashroyalblue I can remember as a teen growing up in the 80's the iconic pink tube with the green top, listening to Blondie's "Call me" while sitting in front of the mirror applying the very popular blue mascara from Maybelline Great lash It seems it was a staple in every girls cosmetic bag.
As I have matured I have become set in my ways and the look of makeup, I was very worried how this review of the complimentary products I received for testing/reviewing purposes would come out.

I used the mascara for 3 days. On the first day the first thing I noticed was the wand seemed short and the brush was very small (I do not remember it being this small as a teen) the color did pop on the brush but not so much on my lashes I applied 4 coats to my lashes before I was able to see any color BUT when the light hit my lashes just right there was a subtle blue hue to my lashes. The product did not give me any length to my lashes nor did it claim to (I do like to have my lashes stand out) the mascara did not clump it went on smoothly,did wear well throughout the day and removed well with makeup remover.

On the second day I again used lite makeup but this time I used an eyelash primer again the mascara went on smoothly no clumps it did take about three costs for a good coverage with the primer, the blue did pop with the added primer but once it set the color was not as bright, once you got in to sun light yes the blue popped. It did wear well throughout the day and was easily removed with makeup remover.

On the third day I repeated the first days makeup routine.

I would say that this mascara is not something I would use every day but it would be fun to have around for weekend or a summer vacation.

These options are my own.
Karen P.
Karen P.
Lexington, KY
 Influncster rencently sent the Maybelline Great Lash Mascara in Royal Blue to me for free in a VoxBox for testing. I was really happy to find out that I was receiving this Mascara. I actually had been wanting to try a blue mascara
and was about to go purchase one, so it was certainly convenient timing. It arrived it super cute packaging. It was
certainly the cutest packaging out of all of the voxboxes I have ever had. And seriously, who isn't a sucker for cute
packaging?I will say up front that overall I just don't think this product works for me. That's not saying its a bad product or
that it won't work for someone else, but it didn't work well for me. It did have some good points, but they were outweighed
by the bad.
Here is what I liked about it:
  I loved the rubber brush and its shorter bristles.
  I also really loved the brilliant blue color of the product.
Here is what I didn't like:
  The formula was extremely runny. It was so runny that several times I ended up getting it in my eye.
  It isn't not water proof. This is not normally a big deal for me. One of my favorite mascaras is not water proof, but this
only took a tiny drop of water and I had runny blue mascara everywhere.
  While I loved the color that was in the bottle, it did not show on my own lashes even with several coats. I tried it several
different ways, and even with primers the best I could hope for is that you would catch a hint of blue. I did see pictures of other people who had vibrant blue on their lashes. Most of them had lighter hair color than me, so I have to wonder if that played a part in it even with the primers. I also saw some who had vibrant blue eyelashes, but their eyelashes looked horrific and cakey. You just knew that in order to achieve that look they did 10+ coats.
I can speculate as to why this didn't work for me and did for others all I want, but at the end of the day all I can do is go on how it worked for me. And honestly I would never feel comfortable recommending this to someone else.
Dianne R.
Dianne R.
Louisville, KY
May 23, 2017, 8:45 a.m.
Review for: Maybelline Great Lash Royal Blue Mascara
Maybelline Great Lash Mascara is always at the top of the list of favorite mascaras by beauty magazines and beauty bloggers so I was excited to try it. I remember seeing it on my sister's dresser when I was growing up but had never tried it until now.

It's a fun color and I love the bright royal blue. I wish the color popped even more on my lashes. I thought about adding another coat (I used three) but was afraid it would become too sticky or look too spidery. As you can see, I have dark eyes and dark hair so maybe the color doesn't show up well on people with similar features as me. Perhaps it works better on people with lighter hair color such as blonde, red, or gray.

The mascara dried too quickly so I had mere seconds to separate my lashes before the flakes fell.. (That spot on the side of my nose is a mascara flake.)  The formula and brush separated my lashes in a way that wasn't very agreeable. I'd like to see that improved as well as higher pigmentation to help the color stand out more.

I fell asleep with my makeup on (I know. I know. Bad Dianne.) and the next morning, my eyes itched and burned. As I'd fallen asleep in the other products I'd used before as I used when testing this mascara - the same eyeshadow, eyeliner, foundation, powder and brow tinter, it may have caused the symptoms in my eyes. It may not have, but if you have sensitive eyes, that's something you definitely want to watch out for.
Always remove this makeup before going to bed.

It's super fun, though. I'd love to see it in purple, pretty please?

I received a #free product for testing and review purposes but the opinions are my own.@influenster #contest
Amie M.
Amie M.
Dracut, MA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received Maybelline's Great Lash Blue voxbox for testing purposes from Influenster. All opinions are my own!!
I used both the Great Lash Blue mascara along with the Maybelline Unstoppable black eyeliner that were both in the box, I first applied a cool tone champagne and bronze eyeshadow, lined my top and lower lids with the unstoppable eyeliner and then generously applied the Great Blue Mascara to get the most color payoff. First off, applying more then one coat wasn't really needed as I immediately noticed the beautiful royal blue color with just the first swipe of the wand. I'm not usually one to wear blue on my eyes but even I have to admit that this mascara has a really glamorous look once applied. The formula is really amazing too, it made my eyelashes appear thick and long and definitely exceeded my expectations. Curling my eyelashes without even the use of a curler (which I forgot to use). Being a mom of 3 I'm not sure if I would wear this again on my day to day as my look has to be more on the conventional side but I would totally wear it again for a night out with the girls. The unstoppable eyeliner was equally satisfying. It went on smooth and straight without any smudging. Again, I don't usually wear black (I was more of a brown eyeliner girl) but I actually really loved the look of it on me. So much so that I've replaced my current eyeliner with this one. I gave four stars for all of the positives listed above, I subtracted one due to the mascara not lasting the entire day and leaving a bit of blue under my eye when my day was done. To be fare though, it was an unseasonably hot day when I tested this out. Overall I would definitely recommend both the mascara and eyeliner, they both impressed me immensely and gave me a whole new appreciation for drugstore makeup.
Victoria F.
Victoria F.
Spring Valley, CA
I've never tried Maybelline mascara. Is it good?
Melissa S.
Melissa S.
Poughkeepsie, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does it show up on dark lashes without a primer?
Buffy M.
Buffy M.
Tell City, IN
Did anyone else have any problems putting it on? Like it was to thin?
Nicky B.
Nicky B.
Ursa, IL
Has anyone else had the issue of the blue just not showing up?
Megan P.
Megan P.
Does it take a few coats to be noticed?