BY MAYBELLINE

!Sorry, this product has been discontinued.

Maybelline Great Lash Real Impact Mascara Brownish Black

• How well does this mascara work? I have tried 3 different great l...1 Answers
  • I'd like to try this. Does it clump up? Which Maybelline mascara ...2 Answers
  • I bought this at Winners and wasn't impressed. Is it the same as ...1 Answers
Krystal H.
Choctaw, OK
Beauty Junkie Expert
To start off, my everyday mascara is Benefit's They're Real, and I've gone through several high-end mascaras, so my standards are fairly high.

This first thing I noticed about this mascara was the smell. It smells very strongly of paint. This made me slightly less comfortable putting it near my eyes, but the smell fades as the mascara dries.

This mascara doesn't do much for your bottom lashes. It's not a very dark black color, and it doesn't make my lower eyelashes stand out the way I like for that eye-widening effect.

For the upper lashes, however, it volumized and lengthening them pretty well. Again though, it's not a dark black mascara so it still looks fairly natural. It's kind of clumpy, especially when you apply several coats. And this mascara doesn't curl your lashes whatsoever so you should probably do that beforehand.

Up close, the mascara tends to look clumpy but from a distance you can't tell and it looks really nice on natural days, which is the only time I wear it.
Sarah C.
Bogart, GA
I had heard that this mascara was amazing so I decided to try it. After using it, I was slightly disappointed. The product does not do much to my lashes: it does not lengthen or add volume. The mascara only makes my eyelashes slightly darker than they already are. Within a few hours, the product starts flaking and ends up all under the eyes. I would recommend this to makeup beginners or people who only want a slight/minimal enhancement to their lashes.
Morgan R.
Burbank, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Has to be one of the greatest classic mascaras ever. The pink tube is great to have at home and in yur back for long black eyelashes day or night. The advise my mother always gave me on makeup is no matter what brand your are using you can always fall back on Mayballine's pink tube.
Savanna P.
Madison, MS
Beauty Junkie Expert
I tried this out and I personally do not like this mascara. It's too natural for me and doesn't give me much volume or length. There is some curl but not much. I would not repurchase this product and I would only recommend if you are looking for a natural mascara.
Emma T.
Camden, NJ
Beauty Junkie Expert
Great quality for the price, you cant go wrong with a classic like this, it is easy to use non clumping but gives an awesome length and volume boost, i think for the generic lash lines this product does wonder i will def buy again as well as recommend!
Margalo P.
This mascara is okay, but I wouldn't recommend it. I got it because it was on clearance. It all flaked off of my lashes and I had tiny black flakes all over my face the entire day. Wouldn't recommend :/
Shanejah L.
Peoria, IL
Beauty Junkie Expert
This mascara was a big no for me. I don't know if I got a bad tube but this was extremely dry and almost no product would come on my lashes
Sata S.
This is an ok mascara it really Dosent do that much to my lashes. And it flakes off during the day. So I don't recomend this mascara.
Daniela M.
Medley, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
Me encanta este producto, es uno de mis favoritos sin duda alguna, no tengo casi pestañas, pero esto logra resaltarlas!
Mia L.
It's an ok mascara. Like that it's buildable. Needed to touch up several hours after application.
Emma N.
Is this color more towards brown or black???
Daisy Y.
I'd like to try this. Does it clump up? Which Maybelline mascara is best?
Becca T.
Lepreau, NB
Beauty Junkie Expert
I bought this at Winners and wasn't impressed. Is it the same as the ones you buy at stores that sell the full Maybelline line? Or is it a cheaper version
Zahra A.
Towson, MD
Beauty Junkie Expert
How well does this mascara work? I have tried 3 different great lash mascaras but never came across this one.