Maybelline Great Lash® Clear Mascara
Tame unruly eyelashes and brows with the classic Great Lash® brush, now in a clear gel formula.
Water, Alcohol Denat., Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Panthenol, Disodium EDTA. F.I.L.see more...
Top Questions See all 140 Q&A
- "I use Maybelline's Great Clear Mascar primarily for my eyebrows and it keeps them in place throughout the day. It doesn't smell and it's cheap. I also use it for my eyebrows when creating a natural look. " in 122 reviews
R&F LashBoost for the last 7 months. My eyelashes are long and dark
and amazing now, which brings me to my desire to buy some clear mascara.
I wanted something clear to hold my current lashes in place when I curl
them, but with a natural look instead of thick colored mascara.
Considering the Great Lash reputation, I was expecting something great,
but instead got something mediocre.
First, the brush is way, way too
small. It's very skinny and the bristles don't have a ton of definition.
Secondly, the formula is very wet/watery. This in combination makes the
application difficult, and ends up weighing down my eyelashes. I can curl them to the high heavens, but after applying this, they go flat and it's like I didn't do anything except dip them in water.
for this to kind of work for me, I have to wipe the brush off on the mouth of
the tube, then wipe some more off with a cloth or napkin if I have one
on hand. At that point, it's easier to apply and doesn't weigh them down as much, but they still barely look like I did anything, even after I curl them once they've dried. I will say that they do not become crunchy at any point, which is the one upside to this product.
If you're looking for a clear mascara, save your money for something else. It works better for keeping brows in place, but only if you wipe off the excess and don't mind waiting for them to dry.
1. If you use brow gel and don't want to buy a setting gel for your pencils then swipe this over to set them in place.
2. This is a mascara alternative for those who don't like wearing much makeup but want definition in their lashes or for someone who has false lashes or uses Latisse and wants a setting gel.
3. It can double as a primer for your other mascaras.
4. If you have an eyeshadow pigment that you'd love to try as a mascara then take some of the powder and put it in the clear tube, mixing it a little but withoutnpumping lots of air bubbles in to it. It is an instant coloured mascara!
I saw a review here that said they use this mascara before applying black mascara to their lashes, kind of like a primer, and I have to say that is GENIUS. I will definitely be trying that out.
I have used it as a mascara when I had eyelash extensions. When I had them, I did not want to use regular mascara. This was a great substitute and worked perfect for the situation.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos