BY MAYBELLINE

Buy now on ULTA
and get 2.5% CASH BACK with
powered by

Tame unruly eyelashes and brows with the classic Great Lash® brush, now in a clear gel formula.

Water, Alcohol Denat., Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Panthenol, Disodium EDTA. F.I.L.

• How much of a difference does a clear mascara make on you...5 Answers
  • What do you think of this basic eye? Would you try out th...2 Answers
  • How well does this mascara work? I have tried 3 different...6 Answers
Maybelline Great Lash® Clear Mascara
  • "I use Maybelline's Great Clear Mascar primarily for my eyebrows and it keeps them in place throughout the day. It doesn't smell and it's cheap. I also use it for my eyebrows when creating a natural look. " in 122 reviews
Chassy T.
I naturally have pretty pale, not super long lashes, so I've been using
R&F LashBoost for the last 7 months. My eyelashes are long and dark
and amazing now, which brings me to my desire to buy some clear mascara.
I wanted something clear to hold my current lashes in place when I curl
them, but with a natural look instead of thick colored mascara.
Considering the Great Lash reputation, I was expecting something great,
but instead got something mediocre.

First, the brush is way, way too
small. It's very skinny and the bristles don't have a ton of definition.
Secondly, the formula is very wet/watery. This in combination makes the
application difficult, and ends up weighing down my eyelashes. I can curl them to the high heavens, but after applying this, they go flat and it's like I didn't do anything except dip them in water.

In order
for this to kind of work for me, I have to wipe the brush off on the mouth of
the tube, then wipe some more off with a cloth or napkin if I have one
on hand. At that point, it's easier to apply and doesn't weigh them down as much, but they still barely look like I did anything, even after I curl them once they've dried. I will say that they do not become crunchy at any point, which is the one upside to this product.

If you're looking for a clear mascara, save your money for something else. It works better for keeping brows in place, but only if you wipe off the excess and don't mind waiting for them to dry.
Lisa M.
You get a lot of product at a low price. The formula is very wet and can be heavy. An issue is that the brush picks up a ridiculous amount of product, way too much. This can cause the lashes to clump and stick together. How I counteract this is by scraping off excess product using the edge of the tube. The brush is okay. It would have been better if it had more bristles to capture each lash individually. I usually apply the amount of product I would like on my lashes, wait about 1-2 minutes for the mascara to get a bit tacky and then take an eyelash brush to separate and achieve the shape I want. These are a lot of steps opposed to just swiping on and being finished. This would not be ideal for someone pressed for time. However, on most days I just do not want to wear regular mascara since it is a pain to remove. I hope they improve the product in the future. These changes would really elevate it as a product. But I still use it. I like it, not love it. Maybelline Great Lash® Clear Mascara
Teri B.
I use this to set my eyebrows and I love it. It not only keeps them in place, it also does not leave my eyebrows feeling crunchy. This is a great alternative if you are on a budget or don't want to spend a lot of money on an actual brow gel. Also it's great for the ones who don't like the feeling that an actual eyebrow gel gives. They tend to feel like you used hairspray on your eyebrows, whereas this doe not have that feeling at all and keeps your brows in place as well. A downside to this is that it starts to look disgusting after a fair amount of uses since it is clear. But also a tube of this lasts such a long time and is well worth it for the price point. I will continue to repurchase this product.
Evelyn S.
This product is not bad. I use it since it’s great at keeping your lashes looking natural. The only thing I dislike is that the formula id pretty watery and won’t keep my lashes up. if you plan on using this, the thing I recommend is that you apply VERY LITTLE product on your eyelashes and let it sit for at least five minutes and then you curl them cause one it’s dry, they stay curled for a pretty long time. one good thing though is that when I use this on my eyebrows, it doesn’t harden them like the elf clear mascara does. Overall, this isn’t as bad as it seems.
Angie G.
I was obsessed with this clear mascara in high school. I took a zero period, so I wasn't up to doing my makeup every morning and this was a life saver. It's amazing for natural looks, it doesn't change the color of your lashes, but gives them volume and a little bit of length. It'll trick people into thinking your natural lashes are full. I haven't owned this product in years, but if the formula is the same it won't clump or flake. I do want to purchase this again and give it another try. I think it's a great product for young girls who are just starting to wear makeup -- it's easy to use and gives a natural look.
Angela D.
naples FL
 I love this clear mascara because it gives my lashes a pick me up and doesn’t over do it, clump up or I don’t have to worry about it running or disrupting my sight since I’m a daily contact wearer. It also doubles as a primer for your lashes and brows and is super cheap! I recommend everyone to use this product you wont regret it.
Jamie T.
Like everyone else I’m super busy all the time and have reduced the amount of facial products and make up I use over the last year in an effort to save time. I love this clear mascara because it gives my lashes a pick me up and doesn’t over do it, clump up or I don’t have to worry about it running or disrupting my sight since I’m a daily contact wearer. It also doubles as a primer for your lashes and brows and is super cheap!
Kim T.
Corvallis, OR
Just like every youtuber I watch, I use this on my brows after applying my brow powder and it is AMAZING. I have really long eyebrow hairs that curl inwards and this keeps the hairs up and in place where I want them to go.

I saw a review here that said they use this mascara before applying black mascara to their lashes, kind of like a primer, and I have to say that is GENIUS. I will definitely be trying that out.
sydney m.
This was one of my first loves. When I first realized that my eyebrows needed to be controlled, this is what I bought. I used this for years before I discovered stronger brow gel. The small wand worked perfectly for what I needed. It didn't take too much product out ever. I personally didn't really use it as a mascara, but it did work great if you wanted a longer, cleaner look without adding any color to the lashes.
Becky S.
I think this clear mascara from Maybelline is a great multi-tasking product! I don't really like the regular black or brown Great Lash Mascara because it doesn't do anything for myblashes but I've found some cool uses for the clear stuff!
1. If you use brow gel and don't want to buy a setting gel for your pencils then swipe this over to set them in place.
2. This is a mascara alternative for those who don't like wearing much makeup but want definition in their lashes or for someone who has false lashes or uses Latisse and wants a setting gel.
3. It can double as a primer for your other mascaras.
4. If you have an eyeshadow pigment that you'd love to try as a mascara then take some of the powder and put it in the clear tube, mixing it a little but withoutnpumping lots of air bubbles in to it. It is an instant coloured mascara!
Christina S.
Lenexa, KS
Does this leave your brows wet looking?
Jessica R.
I've used this product before! And i honestly love it but i wonder if it works as a eyebrow gel? Because i need something for my eyebrows!!
isabela s.
Stockton, CA
I hear this product does miracle to eyebrow but does it work on eyelashes as well??
Melissa H.
Do you find it loads a lot of product on the wand?
Zahra A.
DICKERSON, MD
How well does this mascara work? I have tried 3 different great lash mascaras but never came across this one. Does it lengthen? What's the point of a clear mascara?

back