Maybelline Fit Me® Matte + Poreless FoundationInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2017

BY MAYBELLINE #8 in Liquid Foundation

Want the perfect foundation fit? It's all about matching skin tone and texture. Mattifying liquid formula ideal for normal to oily skin.

• Aqua / Water / Eau

• CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide
  • CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides

Cherry 🍒.
Bronx, NY
Review for: Warm Honey more...
I use Warm Honey (322). I like my foundations to be a shade darker than my actual skin color because my setting powder and concealer evens out my complexion once it is all put on. So this review is based on 2 months of wear. Since it has been 2 months so far, I feel like my review will be fair. I switch between drug store and high end foundations and wanted to give this foundation a try due to the hype it is given as well as it catering to give a matte and poreless finish, which is what I look for in my foundations. I am extremely oily with large pores.

Shade range-Good enough for a drug store brand. I usually do not have issues finding foundations catering to my skin tone (yellow,medium, tan, olive skin). Since I cant swatch appropriately with drug store makeup, I went with my usual choices of warm honey,tan beige types.

Coverage-This foundation is liquid based, which I find for me not the best for oily skin. It is VERY similar to Revlon colorstay foundation. Same consistency. The coverage is buildable to full coverage. You do not need much also which is why it lasts for a long time. 2 months and still not close to being done and I wear makeup almost everyday.

Price-I bought this at Target for $8, very inexpensive, so it is worth the buy.

End Review: When I run out of this foundation, I would most likely purchase this again. For me though, this will not be a holy grail product. I do think it is a really good drugstore foundation that can give off high end benefits. For its matte and pore-less statements, if you wear this foundation with primer, setting powder, setting spray, concealer, powder, it will give a matte and pore-less look, but without it is a no. I still become oily and with pores in the end. This is a drugstore dupe for Estee Lauder Doublewear!!!
Sierra S.
Manhattan
Review for: 112 Natural Ivory more...
I have a love-hate relationship with this foundation. I like the shade variety, coverage, and matteness but hate the way it looks on my skin.

Shade variety: The shade variety of this product is AMAZING. I always seem to a be shade in between the palest and the next one up, and I always have to mix my foundations or buy expensive luxury beauty foundation that has more variety. I was able to find my shade in this foundation, which is almost a miracle.

Coverage and consistency: The coverage of this foundation is medium to light. It does an okay job of covering up my acne and redness without making my skin look completely flat. I also think it does help minimize pores and most definitely is matte. However, because this is a liquid foundation (and a rather thin one) , I feel like my beauty blender sucks up a lot of the product and I use more than I actually need to.

How it looks on my skin: I have combination skin, with my most oily areas being my T-zone. This foundation makes that area look GREAT, however it emphasizes dryness on other areas of my face, like my cheeks and around my noses and makes my face look rough and patchy. I do understand that this is an issue with most matte foundations, so I don't necessarily hold it against this foundation, it's just something to be aware of! I can fix this issue by using a hydrating primer, so not a completely bad thing.

Overall: Good coverage and I love the shade range. Recommend if you have oily skin, however if you have combination skin with dry areas, might want to avoid or use a hydrating primer.
Victoria J.
Las Vegas, NV
Review for: Other more...
I picked 3 because I’m still indecisive if I like this or not. I finally decided to try it because it’s popular among the beauty community and I thought being poreless might be nice. I use two colors because it’s hard to find my shade as I am half asian so I’m in between being light and having a yellowish undertone. My skins also super dry because of all the face washes/acne stuff I use. But I can also be VERY oily. I’m not really keen on the no pump packaging. I’ve never used a foundation that didn’t have one! So this feels a bit wasteful but luckily this foundation is CHEAP. About $5-6
So it goes on pretty weird, if you stamp it on, you’ll get medium-full coverage but if you bounce too much or smear it, you lose that coverage? I find that odd. It can accentuate your fine lines, mainly, it does that with my smile wrinkles. Also, it’s not the best for my dry skin but it’s still pretty decent. I know they have a dewy version but I don’t trust it and I know the colors are different from reviews I read? My biggest problem is my beauty blender soaks this up way too much and oddly? Almost like it’s always soaked with this foundation and won’t come off. I don’t necessarily like that and I’ve tried it with a few beauty blenders. What I do like is the coverage the most. I don’t think I look poreless though but I don’t really care too much about that.
Christy M.
Birmingham
Review for: Other more...
I have super Oily/acne prone skin and this stuff is amazing!!! I used EL Double Wear since I was a teen and this is soooo much better. It took a few bottles to get the shade right but 210 Sand is perfect. Makes sense because that is the same color in EL. I love the way this photographs ... no filter required. I’m guessing but the 100’s are cool, 200’s for yellow, 300’s for dark/tans. There is an online tool to better help pick the shade so use that prior to going to the store... the pictures at the display don’t really help. It lasts forever and there is no transfer on my white pillows or Black husband. I definitely recommend primer, Fit Me loose/pressed powder, Fit Me concealer, and setting spray (all matte). It makes a big difference if you don’t go through those steps. That is when I noticed more oil but it wasn’t blotchy. My pores aren’t so bad right now so I can’t really speak to that. No pump makes for a mess at first but I’ve adjusted by not putting it on my hand first but directly to the sponge. It is watery but for a full coverage that is not so big of a deal because it doesn’t feel heavy like EL. For less than $10 it’s worth trying. This pic is with the darker 230 and no filter. I was so shocked and am so happy with this drugstore holy moly grail!!!
Rhonda R.
Hastings, MN
Review for: Classic Ivory more...
I tried the Maybelline Fit Me Matte and Poreless Foundation in the shade 120 Classic Ivory. I went through a whole bottle of this foundation, and although I liked it, I have not repurchased it again so far.
As a little background, I have oily skin with acne, blackheads/whiteheads, large pores, acne scarring, and a few sun spots/freckles. I usually get very oily by the end of the day, so I am always on the hunt for a foundation that keeps my oil at bay and minimizes my pores while also having great coverage but still looking natural.
I have a fair/light complexion and a neutral skin tone. I often find many foundations to look too orange on me, but I also think cool toned foundations look too pink/grey on me, so I try to find more neutral shades. The shade Cassic Ivory seemed to blend pretty well into the skin tone on my neck. I applied this product with both a beauty blender sponge and a brush, and I prefer the finish produced with the sponge.
I did not find that this foundation minimized my pores to a large extent, but it did give a nice natural finish with medium to buildable coverage. I would often wear this foundation to work and it did not look so unnatural and cake-facey. However, I would notice that by the end of the day I would still look oily even if I set the foundation with powder and setting spray, and it would start looking cakey on my nose, around my nose, and on my chin by the end of the day.
All in all, this was a pretty good foundation, but I don't think it does wonders for oily skin like it suggests. I think this would better suit individuals with normal to combination skin very well.

Grace K.
Las Vegas, NV
Review for: Natural Tan, Soft Tan more...
The five-stars I am giving this product should not make you think this is up there with high-end products. I'm comparing  cost + amount + volume + longevity + overall performance compared to its competition within its price range and retail channel. It's silly to compare a $7.00 foundation to $100 foundations.

BUT -- I have both, and I still choose Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless once in awhile! I tend to be someone who doesn't wear the same foundation daily. It depends on multiple factors -- like where I'm going, how long I'll be out, how hot/cold it is outside, how much sun will I be getting, how my skin is doing, and whether I need to cover disgusting eruptions on my face, or if it's smooth as a baby's butt. I imagine this is how you choose your foundation too -- but if not, well. this is how I do it.

First, this foundation dries FAST. This is really not the right foundation to dab all over your face and then go back and blend in. No, if you put it on your face, immediately blend it in or it ain't blending, so do a portion at a time.

Second, oily-skin ladies -- well, this is for you. As I have dry skin now, I need to do a lot of prep work to be able to wear this well, but for those of you who have oily skin and need to constantly powder your face -- this should be your holy grail if you can find your shade. I fluctuate between soft and natural tan on this, most often just mixing them up 1:1.

Lastly, dry skin ladies -- I use about 3-4 moisturizers before I apply this one. I like it, so I continue to use it on occasion, but when I do, I am doing the entire toner + serums + moisturizers + more moisturizers routine, and then also sitting around for 30 minutes to let it absorb before putting this one. It's not the application that's the problem -- in fact, it looks beautiful when applied. It's that 30 minutes later, I feel like I'm getting a facelift without anesthesia as my skin begins to tighten and then dry like a prune. If I wear this amount of moisturizer, I can make it a good 3-5 hours, but this is not the foundation I choose when I'll be at work all day long, or if I have a long night out for this reason.

The coverage is actually quite nice. It's a medium coverage, in my mind, and buildable up to two layers at best. It's not going to cover up everything, but it will even out your skin tone. The one ding is that it doesn't really "fill" your pores as some foundations will do to some degree, and on some occasions, especially if I am using it without a primer, I feel my pores look more emphasized than minimized. I'm not sure what causes that, so I won't ding the foundation specifically for it.

Oh, and for shades -- while I have only tried 2-3 shades of this, be forewarned that the colors seem to default to an undertone of yellow and/or orange (the darker you go). For instance, "Soft Tan" is probably too yellow for any of you who have really pink undertones unless that is what you're looking for. At "Natural Tan," a slight orange hue begins to show, but because the foundation is so matte, it doesn't look bad.

But for the price, for the quantity, for the quality, and for doing what it claims, I can't help but give this 5-stars. I think it's a great offering  to the budget-conscious line, and in many ways, performs like a high end foundation. It doesn't "last" as long as many others, but for most average occasions -- the Fit Me is pretty outstanding -- especially if you have oily skin!
Katy F.
West Palm Beach
Review for: Natural Buff more...
This Foundation was surprisingly impressive! Especially for a drugstore brand. It's a great option if you're looking for a medium to full coverage buildable Foundation that won't break the bank! I first tried the Dewy version of the foundation and I really like that one as well definitely not full coverage but a good medium coverage that is buildable. Then I saw that there were multiple YouTube Beauty bloggers that were using the matte version and so I decided to pick it up. Just so you know what I like in a foundation and what I'm used to for comparison, my favorites are Clinique Beyond perfecting foundation and concealer, Estee Lauder Double Wear, Make Up forever HD Foundation stick, and one of my others it's more comparable or more of a medium coverage would probably be the Too Faced Born This Way Foundation. So if you know your foundations you know that I am a full coverage lover! So I was pleasantly surprised when I tried this one. It is not full coverage when you first apply it but it definitely is buildable I was able to build it up to the amount of coverage I wanted very easily. I applied it with a damp Beauty blender or beauty sponge as opposed to a stippling brush just because this is the way I prefer to apply my Foundation. I always make sure that my face is cleansed toned and moisturised and of course primed with a good primer before I apply my Foundation. As with any foundation I think that the base is key. The formula is not very thick it's a little bit liquidy or more liquidy than I had expected initially and I think the best way to apply it would be just to use your finger to cover the top of the bottle and just flip it over and then flip it back and then remove your finger and what's left on there just dot that on your face I probably applied a few dots with just my finger on my forehead maybe two on each cheek one of my nose and one of my chin and Blended that out to start with and that would have been nice medium to full coverage after adding another layer is when I really liked it. After the rest of my makeup routine was complete my face was pretty flawless definitely not shiny or cakey. I always use a setting spray but it wore very nicely throughout the day and about 8 hours later after a full day it was still in pretty good shape. I had to touch it up a little bit before dinner but again this is after a full day of running around with three kids! Not bad not bad at all! I read it this Foundation a four out of five and the only reason why if you had a 5 has to be like mind blowing for me! Like has to top everything or anything I've ever tried and I've tried a lot! I would definitely recommend this to my friends and family it's a good basic everyday buildable Foundation I have no complaints I actually even reached for it over my others this past weekend. Maybelline did a great job 😘
Jaydah S.
Miami
Review for: Classic Tan 335 more...
This product it probably the cheapest foundation i have ever bought! I tend to have really oily skin that gets shiny after maybe 2 hours which i hate. Those oil blotting sheets are literally my best friend. So I’m always looking a for a matte foundation that is good for oily skin and i have heard nothing but good reviews for this product. I like to watch a lot of YouTube videos and was shocked by how many beauty gurus use this product, so i had to give this product a try. The shade 335 classic tan matches my skin tone perfectly which i love. I wish this product had a pump to dispense since it is a liquid foundation, but I’m still fine with how it comes out. After my first day of wearing the foundation i noticed my skin was slightly less oily than usual but it didn’t completely help. I also love how it’s not a heavy matte foundation that applies so much coverage you can tell I’m wearing it. I recently mixed this foundation with my nars radiant in the shade Tahoe and loved how the two look together! This product has pros that outweigh the cons so i would definitely keep using this.
Amber M.
Bellefonte, PA
Review for: Buff Beige more...
I bought this foundation because everyone was raving about it on YouTube and was so disappointed. It may be a good foundation for a lot of people, but it really did not work for me. I have combination skin and found that this became dry and patchy on certain areas of my face and caked up around my nose. It made me look like I was wearing an excessive, unnatural amount of makeup.

It was slightly better applied with a damp beauty sponge than a foundation brush. The sponge applied like medium coverage, but I got pretty full coverage from brush application. Both were applied over a Maybelline primer.

It also oxidized a TON so the Buff Beige I bought, which is normally in the range of colors that work for me, ended up about 2 shades too dark after I applied it. If you are going to try this foundation, buy it lighter than you normally do!

This is NOT a good foundation for people with really dry skin.

It gets amazing reviews, so I think for most skin types, and at such an affordable price, it's worth a try, but it wasn't a good fit for me at all. I gave it to a friend and she also found that it darkened significantly after it was applied, but she did like the formula.
Taryne R.
Review for: 112 Natural Ivory more...
This is a great product for anyone looking for coverage on a budget. It's perfect for anyone with oily skin, which I know I have an issue with, and has the staying power to last all day. The coverage is build-able which makes it great for anyone who may not know exactly what they are doing in their makeup yet.
I honestly found this product looking for something that would give me coverage to simply balance my skin and as a good entry level foundation, as I am not great with makeup. I found this product on many bloggers "best drugstore foundations" lists and I was not let down.
I was initially worried to use this product as I have sensitive skin, but it did great things for my skin and I haven't noticed any extra breakouts since I've started using it. I was also concerned because I have a very light colored skin. I normally find myself looking like a ghost, or looking orange, because I have a hard time finding matching shades. This color was the perfect match and blends into the skin wonderfully!
Really I am in love with this foundation now! I'm almost through my first bottle and will be going back for more as this seems to be the best bang for my buck!
carla t.
Tallahassee, FL
Does this work for oily skin
Jessica M.
Kissimmee, FL
Was it hard to match your color?
Elizabeth R.
Is the matte foundation really matte?
Jossna M.
Lynwood, CA
I've been wanting to try this out but am i getting my money's worth? I feel like I would run out of that foundation in less then a month.
Jessica H.
Aberdeen, Mannofield
Does this product have a smell?