BY MAYBELLINE #12 in Liquid Foundation

Fit Me® Dewy + Smooth Foundation face makeup. Maybelline's smoothing concentrate hydrates rough patches leaving skin with a naturally luminous finish. Ideal for normal to dry skin, this foundation hydrates and smoothes skin texture and leaves a naturally luminous finish. Protects with SPF 18. Dermatologist tested.

HOW TO USE/APPLY:

Apply foundation onto skin and blend with fingertips or an applicator and blend.

• I've been hearing/seeing so much good about this, us it really a...6 Answers
  • I like the foundations that hydrate and give a nice luminous fini...5 Answers
  • Okay, can we talk about the maybelline fit me foundation? Do you ...8 Answers
Buy on Maybelline
Eleanor V.
Sudbury, MA
Review for: Nude Beige more...
Thank you Influenster for sending me the Maybelline Fit Me Dewy + Smooth Foundation for free to test out! I have oily/combo skin and I am surprised at how well this foundation looked on my skin! It blended very easily using a sponge and didn't settle into any lines or dry patches that I had on my face. It did a pretty good job at covering my redness, though some of my acne scars and pimples were peeking through. Overall I would say that this has medium coverage. It really does a good job at smoothing your skin and making it look dewy. I also love that it has SPF 18 in it as well. This foundation also looks great with whatever else you put on your face. I set it with powder and added some bronzer and blush and it stayed put and didn't mix with anything else. Throughout the day, the foundation stayed put very nicely and didn't crack or pill. I did look a little oily on my t zone and around my nose though. At the end of the day, the foundation still looked great except for those oily spots that I usually get. The only cons to this foundation that I found was that it had pretty good coverage, but not enough to cover acne scars or pimples. It also has no pump so you have to pour it out onto your hand, which I find messy and inconvenient. I also was sent 125 (Nude Beige) which is a little too dark for my skin tone so I will have to use this in the summer when I am a little tanner. Overall though this is a great affordable drugstore foundation if you have dry skin and want medium coverage. I think for my skin type the Fit Me Matte and Poreless would be better for me, but this one was pretty good. I would definitely recommend this for people with dry, sensitive skin.
Christy V.
Livermore, CA
Review for: Natural Beige more...
This is a great foundation if you’re in the drug store. I love the dewy/flawless finish of this foundation.

I found that if I applied this with a damp beauty blender, the foundation started to look cakey and broke apart really easily. However, when my beauty blender was drier, it went on like such a dream. It smoothed out pores and covered blemishes so beautifully. I noticed a substantial different in the appearance of any pores with this foundation on. However, since it does have a medium coverage, I still needed to go back and apply some concealer on my really bad trouble areas.

This foundation plays well with nearly all the products in my daily routine. Every concealer, blush, bronzer, highlighter, etc has applied seamlessly on this foundation. The foundation never dragged. It truly does provide a base where you can complete your makeup.

This foundation is very buildable! However, I did find that no matter how much you build it up, it will still stay on the medium coverage side. This may or may not be a problem, that’s up to you. But you can really control the coverage you get with this foundation.

It is so unfortunate that there is no pump. Every application is very messy and you have to use a very steady hand when you’re pouring foundation out.

To conclude, this a beautiful drug store foundation with a dewy and fresh natural finish. It’s a lightweight/breathable foundation meant for everyday wear. You will love the way your skin looks with Fit Me! Dewy. And with the extremely wide and diverse shade range, you’re definitely going to have no trouble finding your shade.
Becca L.
Pulaski , TN
Review for: Porcelain more...
I finally had the chance to try out the Fit Me, Dewy and Smooth foundation and the Facestudio Master Prime moisturizing primer from Maybelline. I was super excited when I was sent the pair for free from Influenster to review and I’d thought several times about just putting it on even if I wasn’t going anywhere just because I was so excited to see how it worked. I really wanted to put them through their paces though and I wanted to see the makeup in REAL lighting, not just the yellow tungsten lighting at home. I also wanted to see if it would break up around my nose and my smile lines. These things you can’t really get a true sense of by lounging around watching Netflix. I’m currently binge watching Dexter if you’re interested. I highly recommend it.
So, Sunday, I went to a Bridal Expo! I wanted to make sure my makeup looked flawless and I thought, “This would be a great chance to see what the Maybelline Fit Me, Dewy and Smooth foundation is really made of!”
The coverage was really great. I had no idea until a few months ago that I really appreciate a full coverage foundation but I don’t want to LOOK like I’m wearing a TON of makeup. Also, as I’ve been aging, my skin type and texture is changing, so it’s almost like learning everything all over again as far as what works and what doesn’t.
I did set my foundation with powder and a regular setting spray at the end of my routine and while I didn’t look super matte, I don’t know that this fit my thoughts of what a ‘dewy’ foundation would look like. I also kind of expected it to sort of melt into my skin a bit and maybe be a bit shiny by the end of the day but that didn’t happen either. However, that isn’t actually a BAD thing! At the end of the day, my makeup looked pretty much like it did when I had left the house HOURS AGO!! To me, THAT is the best determining factor in the quality of a product. I don’t want to spend my time and money to apply products that look great when I leave but look like I went to the gym by the time I come home. Now, if I’ve gone to the gym...that’s a total different story. I’m not a total slave master. I just want my makeup to stay in place and look great!
I have to say, that I am a true fan of this product and I will definitely be using it in the future! The primer is very light weight and applies really nicely and works better than anything I’ve used so far in regards to helping my foundation stay locked in place! It doesn’t have a heavy smell or feel greasy in any way.
The foundation is also a win! Unfortunately, the bottle does not have a pump. I mean, who doesn’t have a pump these days?? Even the $2 foundation at the dollar store has a pump...but anyway, go easy with the amount you pour out to use. It goes farther than you think. I unfortunately poured too much and wasn’t able to use it all. I used a dampened Beauty Blender sponge to apply the foundation and had NO issue whatsoever as far as spreading it out or blending it into the skin.
I had been planning on trying out the Fit Me Matte and Poreless, but I may not need to. This is a pretty great foundation!!
Thank you again to Influenster and Maybelline for allowing me to try this product for free in return for my honest opinion. I am happy to give these products two thumbs up and a place in my every day makeup bag! Maybelline Fit Me® Dewy + Smooth FoundationMaybelline FaceStudio® Master Prime Primer
Jade M.
Portland, OR
Review for: Natural Beige more...
Truthfully, I was not expecting to like this so much. Let me first state that I only marked it down to 3 stars because I can't stand how it smells! Below is my full review.

The Maybelline New York Fit Me Foundation makes your skin luminous and smooth. It is formulated to be super hydrating while still giving you great coverage and a natural, dewy finish. Because it is so hydrating it is meant to work best on normal to dry skin and doesn’t cause peeling or flaking. It comes in 16 beautiful shades that leave the skin radiant. I chose 220 Natural Beige that I thought was going to be too light but once it was on my skin it looked perfect.In true testing form, I tried applying it with a brush, a beauty blender, and my fingers just to see how it performed. Everyone has their own way of applying foundation and some swear by their way but there really is no right or wrong way, it’s whatever works for you. I got the most even coverage with my beauty blender but it also gave me the lightest coverage. This is my preferred method of applying foundation because I like a lighter look that’s really natural. The brush gave me a nice look that was a little heavier than the sponged look but still looked natural. I was expecting to hate how it looked when I applied it with my fingers but it looked amazing. The formula is really hydrating and so lightweight. It’s pretty thin and not very viscous which is pretty different from a lot of other foundations I’ve tried. It made it really easy to distribute evenly over my face.I love that it contains SPF! It contains Octinoxate which is a chemical sunscreen agent which, to me, is not the best option they could’ve gone for and feels like a cheap way to add in SPF. If you are unfamiliar with sunscreens there are basically two types on the market: chemical and physical. Physical sunscreens use natural agents that deposit minerals on the top of your skin which creates a protective barrier and reflect UV rays. The issue with these is that they can be rubbed off and sometimes leave a white film on the skin. Chemical sunscreens are absorbed in by the skin and change the electromagnetic radiation effects of UV rays to infrared. The issue with these is that the UV rays still enter the skin and it can cause blocked pores, irritation, and is harmful to wildlife (it comes off in the water when you swim).Now for the big CON. It’s supposed to be fragrance-free but it smells like baby lotion to urinal cakes to me, I can’t decide. Fragrance-free means no fragrances were added to the product even to cover up other smells. Unscented means there is no scent to it but they sometimes add fragrance to counter out a smell, it’s misleading and can cause skin irritation. Smell is really important to me in products so this was a huge turn-off, I do have a sensitive nose so it might not bother you. It did wear off after a few hours but I spent the first half of the day being very conscious of how my skin smelled.
amanda K.
denton, NC
Review for: Classic Ivory more...
I have been wearing this foundation for months, but recently received it in the mail. Everyone has everything good to say about it. It's for sure the best "drugstore foundation" I've tried. Literally all the other drugstore foundations got returned because they were shear and always I had trouble finding my shade. I got my shade right the first time with this surprisingly. I prefer matte foundations over dewy ones but the past year my skin has been unusually very dry and peeling on my nose. It's unlike most dewy foundations. It doesn't appear oily, but it has a Sheen to it. That's not a bad thing. The coverage is pretty great but I wish that it was extremely full coverage. I've had problems finding a good primer I've tried a couple high-end ones and a few drugstore ones. All of the primers that I've tried especially with his foundation seem to make it separate in my T-Zone area. So often I just use my best moisturizer and wear it and they will look fine. But the Maybelline primer that was sent with this Foundation is awesome it goes very well together. It has no separation and makes the foundation last longer and not settle in my fine lines. Settling is usually unavoidable for me in my laugh lines and forehead. So I was pretty happy about that. And the foundation is really affordable even for a drugstore foundation. It has become my everyday Holy Grail Foundation. I also recommend the Maybelline Fit Me concealer it is also very good quality. Maybelline all together as a brand is number one in the drugstore Department and is just as good as or better than some high-end brands. Every time I go to a store I check them out for I look at anything else
Mallory M.
Hopkinsville, KY
Review for: Classic Ivory more...
So I have only used this for 3 days so far, but my overall consensus is that I like it. I like the smooth feel it has going on, and the dewy afterglow it gives across the face. It blends really easily, and honestly they gave me a pretty perfect match for my skin tone.
However, I would say that it isn't the best on coverage, as acne/scarring spots tend to come through towards the latter part of the day. Also, because I am dry skin, my forehead tends to become patchy looking at the end of the day and this foundation didn't help with covering that after half the day was over or any other dry spots I have on my face. I will say though that it tends to hold up pretty well from sweat as I did a full workout yesterday fully faced and my makeup was still in place afterwards. Points for that!
Trying this, I would love to try the matte + porcelain version as well and see if I like its's coverage better. Overall, I really like this foundation, I just wish it had a little bit more coverage and wear to it for a longer makeup wearing day. Also I wish that it came with a pump as it tends to be runny and get messy quick on the fingers/hands.
I would recommend finding your fit and giving it a try for sure! Definitely better than the Velvet Dream Foundation I was using before!

Kate G.
Hebbronville, TX
Review for: Soft Honey more...
The Maybelline Fit Me Foundation comes in two varieties, Matte & Poreless and a Dewy Finish. I have tried both in hopes to find a holy grail drugstore foundation. The first finish that I tried was the dewy finish, I love the dewy look since it looks natural and I find that foundations that have the dewy look are often times very hydrating for the skin which is great because I usually have dry and oily skin. Hydrating foundations keep my t-zones very tame. So when I saw the dewy finish for this foundation I jumped on the opportunity. The first time I tried it I applied with my fingers and found that this 'dewy' finish wasn't dewy, it just looked oily! Like I had rubbed Vaseline all over my face, not good. The next time I applied it was with my beauty blender to try and get a more sheer application, again my face looked like I had rubbed Vaseline or grease all over it. Not only that but this foundation seeped into my pores and made them stand out! This foundation went in the trash. The next time I decided to give Maybelline Fit Me a try I thought I'd go ahead and grab the Matte & Poreless. I should have learned from my first experience that this foundation was going to be a big no for me, but I'm a sucker for a great price. (Only about 5 dollars at my local Target) This foundation will make you matte, this will not make you poreless, instead it will make your pores extremely noticeable. I tried to build up the foundation for more coverage, but it became very cakey. After an hour of wearing this foundation my t-zone went crazy and my face became oily that I decided to just take it off and moisturize because my skin felt super dry. I wanted to love this foundation, but it just doesn't work for me. The only good things I can say about this product are its price, availability, and the selection of tones they have. It's convenient, but this was a thumbs down for me.
Elisa T.
Boston, MA
Review for: Nude Beige more...
I was so excited to receive the Maybelline fit me dewy + smooth foundation because I’ve always enjoyed other Maybelline foundations, especially the Dream cushion.
At first I was skeptical at the color of this foundation (nude beige), because when swatched it seemed to a hair too dark for my skin tone, but after applying and powdering it was workable. I would definitely hold off on this shade until I was bit tanner in the summer, when it would be absolutely perfect.
The foundation itself lives up to its claim of being dewy and smooth, before I even tried it on my face I put a bit on my hand and it completely smoothed it out, like it had primer built into it.
It claims that it “hydrates and smoothed skin texture” and gives a “natural luminous finish,” which I think it definitely lives up to its name. I enjoy a more natural finish so this was perfect in comparison to their matte variation of this product.
I find that a little bit of this goes a really long way, but I definitely wish they had a pump on the bottle. It’s hard to control how much comes out and it makes everything so much messier. That’s part of the reason I took off 1 Star. Another reason is that the staying power isn’t as long as I need it to be. This product doesn’t claim to be long lasting, so it’s not necessarily the product’s “fault,” so to speak. However, so many people need their makeup to look good all day - students, people with office jobs, etc. It definitely wears nicely and doesn’t become splotchy as I wore it, but it was definitely gone by the time I came home, even though I used primer and a setting spray. I’ll still continue to use it, but maybe not on days where I know I’m going to be out for at least 10 hours. Finally...the scent. It’s not that the scent is too strong or smells bad...it almost smells like a lotion. But I feel as if it lingers longer than I would like it too, and it smells like a drugstore foundation, if that makes sense. It has a slight chemically lotiony smell that may go away over time, but stays longer than you would expect. And as with any drugstore product and this price point, the ingredients aren’t always the best.
Because it’s a dewy foundation, it also left my skin a little shiny at the end of the day, which wasn’t a bad thing because it just looked like a healthy glow, but when they say normal to dry skin on the bottle, they mean it.
Overall, I really enjoy this product and will continue to use it in the summer; Maybelline just does a good job with getting foundations right.
Joie F.
San Marino, CA
Review for: Classic Ivory more...
Thanks @Influenster for sending me my Maybelline Fit Me® Dewy + Smooth Foundation ! I’ve been trying this product for a week now and so far it’s been working well for me. I received this item complimentary but my review is as if I bought it myself. This foundation is definitely more sheer/lightweight and not as full coverage, but it can be build-able. I find that applying it with my fingers or beauty blender comes out with pretty much the same result. Some people may not like the pour style bottle but I find that it’s pretty easy for me because I can put more on my finger and distribute/dab it on all sections on my face.  The formula doesn’t dry fast so you definitely have time to slowly blend it out. One thing to note is that the foundation does have a fragrance to it, but it smells kind of nice and doesn’t bother me and you get used to it the longer you wear it.  Since I have combination skin and get oily very easily, I do find that I get oily pretty fast in this foundation, so I try to have some oil sheets on hand if I know I’ll be wearing this foundation for a while. I usually try to stay away from dewy because of my oily skin but I do like the fresh-faced glowy look the dewy effect gives. I tested this foundation for longer wear (8 hrs) and found that it stayed better when I used setting powder or a matte setting spray.  I definitely do know I would repurchase this item since it is about a 10th of how much I pay for my higher end foundations like my Dior Forever Perfect. Thanks again @Maybelline & @Influenster!
✧・゚: *.
Elm Grove, WV
Review for: Porcelain more...
The very first thing I noticed is the foundation has vitamin E and sunscreen in it, so it's a pretty good hydrator.
I received shade 110 Porcelain in the foundation, which is actually a little dark for my liking- which makes my contour look dirty- and it is just a touch yellow for my skintone (I saw there's a shade 105 which looks a little more pink toned, so that may be better). the next thing I noticed was it has a very strong floral fragrance- if your skin or sense of smell are sensitive to fragrance, I'd steer clear of this one.
But the texture of the foundation was actually great! It blended very well, and while it's a sheer to medium coverage, it was very buildable. The product was thick enough that I didn't feel like it settled into my pores or creases and I didn't have to over-set it with powder. It's very soft, lightweight, and hydrating! The only issue was that the product moved a bit when I did my contour. It held up all day and didn't break up on my face. I'm usually skeptical of most drugstore foundations, but i was pleasantly surprised. I only wish they had more shades in the line- there are 16, which will leave a lot of people without a match, if they can even find something close.
Overall, this foundation has potential! If they kick the fragrance and roll out more shades, they'd have a pretty solid, accessible product!
Lindsay S.
I like me a dewy look. Is this worth a try? What is the coverage?
Mónica C.
Isabela
Does this foundation have a heavy, cakey finish??
Kameron L.
Magna
Okay, can we talk about the maybelline fit me foundation? Do you love it! Or hate it? Im on the fence about it, definitely has its pros and cons. What do you think ?Maybelline Fit Me® Dewy + Smooth Foundation
Candace T.
What primer would work best with this foundation?
Alisha D.
Battle Creek, MI
I've been hearing/seeing so much good about this, us it really all that?