Maybelline FaceStudio® Master Prime Primer
Maybelline's FaceStudio Master Prime Hydrate + Smooth Primer is formulated with a water-soluble base and active ingredients that refine the look and feel of skin and keep makeup in place from morning to night.
- Helps smooth and even out skin tone and prolong the look and wear of makeup
- Weightless and non-oily makeup primer
- Formulated to target a range of specific skin concerns
- Wear alone or under foundation
How To Use
Apply all over face before foundation or wear alone for a luminous effect.
Top Questions See all 604 Q&A
- "as an oily/combo skinned girl, i wouldn't have thought to try this primer. after receiving this product from influenster, i decided to only try it on the drier areas of my face, which are my cheeks and the area around my eyes. i stuck with my usual matte primer on my t-zone. this primer feels really nice and smooth without feeling or looking greasy. it felt hydrating and smooth on the dry areas of my face and helped prevent any flakiness that usually goes on if i use a matte primer with a matte foundation. it didn't seem to do too much to increase the longevity of my foundation, but i just like using primers to have one more layer of product between my skin and my foundation. there's no noticeable smell, and it comes out looking and feeling like a white lotion. i probably won't get much use out of it in the summer when my entire complexion gets oily, but i'll certainly bring it out again in the colder, drier months!" in 1224 reviews
- "i really liked this primer. i’m not usually impressed with drugstore primers but this really smoothed out my dry patches and prevented foundation from clinging to them. it felt really similar to smashboxes hydrating primer!" in 654 reviews
I was excited to see that I was getting a primer. I currently use the benefit POREfessional primer which works well for me. When I got the product, it claimed to be hydrating and will smooth your skin tone and will prolong the makeup. It also claimed to be non-oily and can be worn with or without foundation. The only thing about the packaging that I'm not a huge fan of is the small hole. It is hard to get a lot out at a time, but I did find that you really do not need that much anyway. It felt nice on the skin. I personally wouldn't wear it by itself as it made my skin look oily without being oily if that makes any sense. It looked very shiny, which I don't really like, but after putting on a matte foundation it was fine. I was honestly really surprised by how well the primer withstood the day. I touch my face a lot, so I was surprised that at the end of the day it still made my foundation look nice. I have combo skin so I was worried that I would be oily at the end of the day, but I was surprised that I was not oily at all. It also didn't dry out my skin. The primer kept my foundation looking matte the entire day.
I tested it out for a couple days to see if the results were consistent, and they were. One day I decided to try half my face with the Maybelline primer and the other have with my benefit one. They claim to do slightly different things, so I'll give it that, but as it is my regular primer I thought what better one to compare it to. The one difference I noticed was that I felt like on the Maybelline side, my foundation creased a bit more under the eye, but that was the only noticeable difference, and for a fraction of the price, I'll just deal with the extra creasing.
As far as what it claims to do, I feel like it did actually keep me hydrated throughout the day. My foundation didn't have any dry patches to cling to while using the primer. As far as the smoothing part, I didn't really notice a difference. I don't feel like my skin looked or felt any smoother. I could still see some pores, but nothing major. It did feel very light on the skin which I liked. It definitely helped prolong my makeup. It held up against my high end primer at a fraction of the cost. This is a product that I would purchase myself.
The texture of this primer is very smooth and creamy. It does not leave a very sticky or dewy feel to my skin. As for extending the life of your makeup, I feel like you should probably use another primer underneath this one to extend the wear of your foundation. Overall, this really makes my skin beautiful and gives it a very natural and healthy glow. Even if I am not wearing makeup, I will throw some of this on my face and it looks great. The finish is really subtle and I love it. Plus it has spf 30, which is always a plus!
Overall, a really great primer for an even better price! I got mine on sale for only $2!! Best $2 I've spent on a makeup product!
The first foundation I tried it with was the [product:maybelline-fit-me-dewy-+-smooth-foundation]. Somehow my face became a bit too shiny, and creased a bunch. I didn't set the foundation first so it may be my fault. However it is winter and usually my face is super dry.
The next foundation I tried was the [product:huda-beauty-#fauxfilter-foundation] and it worked out much nicer than the maybelline. My skin was smooth and it didn't crease until about 6 hours in. I did set my face that day though.
The last foundation I tried was [product:l'oréal-paris-infallible-pro-matte-foundation] since it's my go to drugstore foundation. I must say this primer works best with more of the "matte" foundations since it does give moisture to the skin. The matte formulas seems to balance it out. Overall this product is nice. I do recommend it with a matte foundation. However if used with a dewy, make sure to set the foundation with powder ( a good setting powder would be either the Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder or IT Cosmetics® Bye Bye Pores Pressed.
When I first saw I was getting the hydrate + smooth primer from @maybelline I was worried, because I'm an oily girl. But I decided to give it a try, and I was pleasantly surprised.
I have tried it with two different foundations, Loreal Pro Matte and Urban Decay Naked Weightless Foundations, a tinted moisturizer from NARS, and alone, and the only one I was disappointed with was when I wore it alone, as it peeled on my cheeks. But I think if I play around with a different moisturizer or the application method, I may end up enjoying that as well, as it was only a minor issue to begin with.
I surprisingly do not get super oily with this primer. It doesn't seem to block my oils, but it doesn't seem to make them worse either. I also feel like my foundation wears well over this primer. I have managed to get all day wear out of both foundations and the tinted moisturizer that I have tried this with. Overall, I would recommend this primer and I'm so happy I was sent this primer complimentary from Influenster.
#free #honestreview #review #maybelline #hydrateandsmooth #primer #influenster #recommend #happysurprise #oilyskin #oily
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos