BY MAYBELLINE #25 in Face Primer

Blur away skin concerns with this weightless primer!

• Aqua / Water / Eau

• I see a lot of beauty gurus using this product and there makeup l...7 Answers
Kaitlyn M.
Austin, TX
Review for: Blur + Redness Control
I have oily/acne-prone skin and this is one of my favorite primers. I usually go for a cheaper (<$5) matte primer since I'm on a college budget, but if I am feeling a little big for my britches, I go for this primer, which I can usually find for around $9. I believe that all of the primers in this line have a matte-ish finish ("blur") which is essential for my oily skin. I don't have SUPER red skin, but it does get pink and irritated sometimes. This product is a light green that blends into the skin very thoroughly, so I am not sure how effective it would be on truly red skin. The very last of the product gets stuck just inside the tube packaging, which is super unfortunate, but if you are persistent, you can get 3-4 extra applications' worth out before the tube is truly empty.
Tessa M.
Mount Olive, IL
Review for: Blur + Illuminate
This is my go-to drugstore primer. I have repurchased this twice now because it is just that good. The formula is thin with a shimmery finish. I wouldn't recommend wearing it alone because it is very shimmery, unless you use a powder on top of it.

I don't notice a blurring effect with this primer because it isn't a thick primer nor does it have a silicon type of feel to it. It has more of a light lotion feel. I love wearing it under foundation because it gives a shimmery undertone to it.
Kayla P.
Medina
Beauty Junkie Expert
I really love the Maybelline Facestudio® Master Prime® it works really well! It is very mattifying on the face and makes it look less oily. Also after applying my foundation, it makes it look less oily after applying foundation also. It also just makes my face look brighter and sometimes if I’m running low on time and don’t have time to apply makeup in the morning before school, I will apply the Maybelline Facestudio® Master Prime® and it makes my skin look just sooo much better!
Kristen C.
Fullerton, CA
Review for: Blur + Smooth, Blur + Redness Control
I used to use Milani primer and hated every second of it. I found this after searching for a good primer for oily skin and I definitely think this controls the oil for a good amount of time. However, it does not smooth my skin out as much as I hoped, but my problems areas definitely don't seem as out of control. I have decent sized pores so unfortunately it's not my favorite. It's only $6-7 which is awesome, it controls my oil and prolongs my makeup so it does what it's supposed to. This is definitely a great drugstore primer and good pick up if you forgot your others at home on a trip or something!

I use the white one more than the green, but for bad pimples sometimes I'll squeeze a little green on there.
Stephanie T.
Bozeman, MT
Review for: Blur + Smooth
I absolutely love this primer! At first I was a little reluctant, due to my sensitive skin issue with other primers that I tried. However, it works well and I have just purchased a second tube (since my first ran out). This one was around $7.99 and purchased at my local Walmart. I use it for special occasions and when I am heading out for a long day and I want my face to stay fresh longer. Just a small amount works wonders! I apply it after prepping my skin and let it settle for at least ten minutes before putting on foundation. I prefer using liquid foundation and use a sponge or oval brush to apply it over the primer. It looks matte...but for oily areas you can add a fix powder. This stays! Dance the night away. Or run errands without fear of running into old high school friends lol
Fallon H.
Hummelstown , PA
This was the first primer I ever used. I liked it enough to continue using primer but I no longer use this one. It’s very watery so I don’t feel like it’s doing a great job of filling in my pores. Also because it’s so watery I don’t feel like the green pigment is really cancelling out any redness. However, as I said I did like it enough to make primer a part of my daily routine.
Hannah L.
Review for: Blur + Smooth
I had never owned a face primer before this one. It is an amazing product and I don't regret buying it. It's inexpensive and definitely worth the money. I a lot of face products make me oily throughout the day but this stays matte. I would give it five stars but it doesn't completely blur and smooth my pores as much as I had hoped. Although it does keep my makeup looking fresh all day. It is pretty comparable to the elf face primers.
Gabrielle E.
spring lake
Review for: Blur + Redness Control
I LOVE THIS PRODUCT SO MUCH!!! There is honestly only one this I do not care for that much and it is just the smell. The smell is not even that bad it's just weird. I have a very very red skin tone and this helps so much! I sometimes just wear this to take the redness out and do not even wear foundation or anything else. This is an amazing product and a holy grail for me!!!
Samira R.
Columbia, SC
Review for: Blur + Smooth
This is my favorite primer! I rebuy it quite often. It always works very well for me. It leaves my makeup with a smooth finish. It is more like a lotion primer. It does not leave the face feeling extremely matte. There is a good amount of product for the price! Totally worth it!! Would highly recommend!
Jen M.
Dover
Review for: Blur + Smooth, Blur + Illuminate
This product works really well for my skin, it keeps my make-up set all day which I appreciate, my only issue is it makes my skin a little oily compared to other primers. So I would definitely continue to use this on days when I’m not needing my make-up on all day but probably not for longer wear.
Chasity M.
Winston Salem, NC
How is this product at improving the look of pores and fine lines?
Candice J.
Salt Lake City, UT
Does this help minimize pores?
Does the redness corrected primer work?
Athena M.
Fremont, CA
I see a lot of beauty gurus using this product and there makeup lokks good when there done but i was wondering if its worth $12 and if it makes your makeup stay?
Kathy M.
Los Angeles, CA
What drugstore foundation goes well with this primer?