BY MAYBELLINE NEW YORK #21 in Face Primer

Blur away skin concerns with this weightless primer!

• Aqua / Water / Eau

May Contain:

• CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide
  • CI 77491, CI 77492 / Iron Oxides
  • CI 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens

• I see a lot of beauty gurus using this product and there makeup lok...7 Answers
  • Has anyone tried this as well as Maybelline's Baby Skin Instant Por...2 Answers
  • Does this works for oily skin ?3 Answers
Erika T.
Erika T.
Lewis Center, OH
Review for: Blur + Smooth
I have combination skin (oily in the t-zone area) and have not had any problems with this primer. I have seen several people say they have broken out after using it but my skin has stayed clear and I have been using this primer for several weeks.

I like that this primer is very hydrating and goes onto the skin smooth. The formula is thin so you are able to build on it if you want. Usually I mix it with my BB cream or foundation before even applying it to my skin. This helps my foundation and cream go on very smooth. If you have a lot of acne or acne scars this may not be heavy duty enough for you. It is definitely not as good as some of the expensive brands but it gets the job done!

I purchased mine at Ulta and will most likely repurchase again in the future!
Ashley D.
Ashley D.
Columbus, GA
Review for: Blur + Smooth
This is the second primer I've ever tried and it's definitely a fav. It has a lotion-y look/consistency and a super light scent. The product itself claims to smooth the skin and blur the pores & I must say it did just that. The moment I rubbed it into my skin the small pored on my nose and super tiny pores on cheeks weren't as visible. The areas were really smooth and soft. I applied the Maybelline Fit Me (dewy smooth) foundation on top and it gave me a sleek finish I've always wanted. Most importantly the product actually moisturized my face as well which is a plus. Also when you rub the product into your face, you can actually see it blurring out the skin. In the picture my pores ate less noticeable.
Caitlin D.
Caitlin D.
Holland , MI
Review for: Blur + Smooth
I have the redness correcting version of this primer and I'm not impressed. I bought this after running out of my Smashbox color correcting primer and the 1st thing I noticed was the color. It was barely green(the color you need to counteract red), more of the a light mint green then a dark green. As you can imagine, this means that it did almost nothing to cover the redness on my face. The 2nd thing I noticed was the consistency, was more watery and thin down. While I feel like it does help prime my make up a little bit, I don't feel like it helps my make up last all day. I will not be repurchasing this again and I do not recommend it to others.
Krista M.
Krista M.
Review for: Blur + Smooth
This is my favorite drugstore primer, but it might actually be my favorite primer of all time. Some primers don't sit well on my skin, ball up, and my my foundation look awful. So far, this primer has done none of those things. It smooths my skin and my foundation always looks better when I use it. It does not have a super silicon feel, and it does dry down to a powder. It's more like a moisturizer but with fill in pores and blurs imperfections. Sometimes, I just mix a little bit of the primer with illuminating drops and conceal, I love the way it makes me skin look so I don't even use foundation. I really want to try the illuminating one next.
Robyn D.
Robyn D.
Review for: Blur + Smooth
I got this product based on recommendation from a celebrity make up artists featured on you tube. This was everything she suggested it was. I was previously using another drug store brand, that felt lie lotion. Master Prime is totally different. I can really tell my foundation has something to grip on to. I really feel when I use master prime my foundation performs as promised, and even stick foundation glides across like butter! Just a little of this goes along way, so I would give 5 stars for value and performance. Also when u get this on your face you can literally tell your smooth. This product actually does everything it says it does.
Krissy R.
Krissy R.
Loves Park, IL
Review for: Blur + Smooth
This is ok if you're looking for a basic primer. It will help with the longevity of your foundation. However I do not feel it helps with the appearance of my pores at all. If I just apply the primer and no foundation it does blue my pores... But once I add foundation the primer settles down into my pores and they are still very visible and not blurred at all. My skin is also very sensitive and my chin did break out quite a bit after using this for a week to check it out. I rated it a 3 because it does pro long the wear of my foundation but as for blurring I can not see a single difference with it on or off once foundation is applied.
Olivia C.
Olivia C.
Beltsville, MD
Review for: Blur + Smooth
This is my favorite drugstore primer I've tried so far. I have both the illuminator and the blur and smooth colors. I prefer the blur and smooth one at the moment because I have some redness from blemishes. It is lightweight and doesn't make my face overly greasy during the day. I've found that it really hold my makeup in the places where I tend to get blotchy. It blends into your skin leaving a light weight and soft feeling. It also has a great smell to it. The illuminator one gives more of a sheen and glitter undertone to it. Better for a more full face of makeup and night out.
Emily B.
Emily B.
Durham, NC
Review for: Blur + Smooth
This primer works great for keeping makeup in place for an 8-10 hour work day. I work in a hot office building. I live where the humidity is very high. This is the only primer that does not make my makeup look like it's melting off of my face. It's a white consistency and I use a pea sized amount. I blend it into my face after I apply a Cerave moisturizer. I love the way that it is not greasy or streaky. It has no smell. It has a "slick" feel, but is not a silicone base.

It is very reasonable for the amount you get. I always look forward to using it in the morning.
Connie R.
Connie R.
Wilmington, MA
Review for: Blur + Smooth
Nice light weight primer. I tend to use this more often then others because it doesn't feel sticky or greasy. I don't feel as though I am clogging my pores. I add a little extra when I have a blemish and it helps with liquid foundation application. By far my go to most of the time. I just like trying out others on the marker so indont use it everyday but if I feel it important form o error on my makeup due to an event or something I will always use this. I have gone through many bottle already and would recommend this to others to try. I believe it is only $10.
Cassie H.
Cassie H.
Review for: Blur + Smooth
I bought this after using Hard Candy'a version of a blurring primer, and I wasn't impressed. I loved how my Hard Candy primer stayed almost wet on my face because it helped my liquid foundation to blend in even better. With THIS primer, it goes on like a lotion and dries pretty fast, leaving me to blend in my liquid foundation as if my face were dry, and that makes me cringe just thinking about it! I loved having a slick canvas to work with, and I didn't get that with this primer. It also does nothing to blur, but none of the primers actually do!!
Chasity M.
Chasity M.
Winston Salem, NC
How is this product at improving the look of pores and fine lines?
Candice J.
Candice J.
Salt Lake City, UT
Does this help minimize pores?
Athena M.
Athena M.
Fremont, CA
I see a lot of beauty gurus using this product and there makeup lokks good when there done but i was wondering if its worth $12 and if it makes your makeup stay?
Does the redness corrected primer work?
Jacky C.
Jacky C.
How does this primer sit? Does it help makeup look flawless and not cakey?