BY MAYBELLINE

Microfine translucent powder sets, mattifies, blurs and smoothes for an undetectable finish. Creates soft-focus effect as it sets makeup.

• Talc
  • Silica
  • Dimethicone F.I.L. D177986/1

• What are some good drug store setting powders for oily sk...3 Answers
  • I’m looking for a drugstore powder and I would like to kn...2 Answers
  • Does this product have flashback? I saw that there was si...2 Answers
Hailey S.
Orlando, FL
Back when I was a little naive beauty guru wannabe (let’s be real, still am 💁🏽‍♀️) I thought this stuff was the bees knees... I was so wrong. I didn’t understand what a “flash test” was and therefore had no idea how bad I would look in pictures after using this so often. I would bake under my eyes and then set my whole face using this powder and the superfine grain made my face SO SOFTTTT but in pics, I was like a ghost 😩😭 maybe it could work well for someone of super fair skin tone but for me, I’ll need to stick to silica-free nude toned setting powders from now on.
Jessica T.
Let me start by saying I have dry/sensitive skin. I use setting powders very lightly and I don’t bake.
First, this setting powder goes on nicely and does set the face, however, it has major flashback so beware of using it if you are going to be taking flash photos.

Secondly, there is something in this powder that makes my eyes water and my nose run like crazy! Every time I have used this powder this happens, my face also starts to feel itchy. I’m not sure what ingredient I’m sensitive to, so I don’t recommend this if you have sensitivities.

The powder doesn’t lighten anything so it is translucent but I do not like this powder at all for myself. I gave it 2 stars because it does set the face and it is translucent.

I definitely don’t recommend this powder.

An alternative I recommend is the Milani Prep Set and Go powder, it does a wonderful job at setting my face. The best part about it is no itching/running/watering.
Tonya W.
NORCROSS, GA
One of the best mattifying setting powders for the price. I actually mix this with the Maybelline Fit Me Loose Powder to get my perfect shade when wearing foundation or just apply the Master Fix when going without makeup to keep the shine away. This is the only translucent powder I'm using at the moment. I only wish the container was larger. I Highly recommend this, it's definitely budget friendly and is the same quality as some of the higher end setting powders.
Miranda K.
Spring, TX
HOT MESS of a product. It clogs my pores, it cakes my face, it leaves this white I dont want to say film but maybe a cast (?) on my face. It honestly looks chunky in the container, it's finely milled yet it likes to ball up together. It also loves to go all over the place. I can hardly use it to bake as it sinks into my skin or flies off, it's all over my phone, my clothes, everywhere. It doesn't even extend my makeup wear. It kind of works if I don't use a primer but not really. It makes my skin soft and I do like that. It's just not for me.
Mery B.
Glendale, CA
Does this set your makeup? Yes. Does it do a pretty good job? Yes. Is it a product I would ever purchase again? Probably not. It's super white and fine which is okay, it does a fine job with setting makeup. The one and only problem I have is it has a big flash back so be careful when taking flash photos. I think Maybelline has better powders out there so this really doesn't cut it for me.
Dorie G.
Duncansville, PA
I was able to try this in a set I got at Ulta. It is a super fine setting powder. I love how soft it is. I get very little to no flash back with it and it keeps my makeup wearing all day. I bought it in the set but it is also sold alone. It works great and feels good to the skin its only drawback is that it does flow out of the container easily and so I like to give it a few shakes and then just take my brush to what is sticking to the lid so that I don't get too much product on at once.
Paula P.
Bridge City
I don’t love this product but I don’t hate it either. It is finely milled and feels somewhat silky on the skin and it is easy to apply. After a few hours of wear, I just don’t feel like it keeps my face as matte as I would like. Maybelline Facestudio® Master Fix™ Setting + Perfecting Loose Powder
Tarlan E.
Orlando, FL
I’ve gone through four of these. It’s the only setting powder I’ve ever used. I loved it so much the first time I purchased it, I committed! The price is great, it does the job, and it’s small enough to fit in a purse. The reason I give it a 4 and not 5 star is because the packaging isn’t the great. If you open it the wrong way, or don’t make sure it’s completely locked right when you close it, the powder spills everywhere.
Emily S.
United States
This powder has a beautiful finish. It is microfine, so it really does work to smooth, blur, and perfect the skin. It is honestly one of the most beautiful finishing powders I've tried in my life. However, the reason I only give it 3 stars is because the flashback is INSANE with this product. I guess I should've expected it because it's a stark white powder, but I used this powder to set my undereyes and bake before an important function once, and I looked like a straight up ghost in all flash photos taken that night. So embarrassing. Granted I definitely used the powder in the wrong way, but it was still quite a ridiculous amount of flashback. So if you're not planning on taking a lot of flash photography while wearing this product, it is a beautiful choice. Just beware of the flashback and use with a light hand.
Sayde F.
One of the best drug store setting powders I've used. Keeps that soft supple skin look in place with out creasing. It doesnt always keep up with my combo skin type which is an issue I have with alot of products not just setting powders. But I learned to deal with it and accept that it's always going to be an issue. But this powder is very light weight, easy to apply and so much product for a cheap price
Samantha B.
Does anyone know if this powder is really any good? I really want to get it.
Jonna K.
I’ve been looking for a translucent powder for baking ( drugstore ) that won’t flash back. If you know some please suggest! I’ve tried a few like the Maybelline loose powder and it just left white spots all over my face and the flashback oh honey noMaybelline Facestudio® Master Fix™ Setting + Perfecting Loose Powder
Kaitlynn A.
Livingston, Tx
Is this good for "baking"?
Lindsey S.
Does this work well for setting under eye concealer and foundation?
Hannah W.
I don't like to spend a lot on products like this, and I usually like Maybelline, but I've had problems with setting powders. My skin is classic combination, can be very oily and very dry. Is this the best option for me or should I try a bit of a better quality brand?