BY MAYBELLINE #29 in Finishing & Translucent Powders

Microfine translucent powder sets, mattifies, blurs and smoothes for an undetectable finish. Creates soft-focus effect as it sets makeup.

• Talc
  • Silica
  • Dimethicone F.I.L. D177986/1

• Does anyone know if this powder is really any good? I really want ...3 Answers
  • I've never baked before but I've been wanting to try. I've heard so...1 Answers
  • Is this good to mattify makeup on oily skin?1 Answers
Jennifer S.
Jennifer S.
This powder is so great! The first setting powder I tried using was e.l.f.'s under eye setting powder, and I absolutely HATED it - it was white, not translucent, and was very glittery and cakey and wasn't effective at all at not making my concealer crease. This powder is the total opposite. I was hesitant to pay a few more bucks to try it, but it was well worth it. This powder is not noticeable at all under my eyes and it sets my concealer perfectly throughout an entire eight-hour workday. I don't even need to touch up once! A little goes a long way; I use a tiny amount but that's really all you need to make it work. I don't use it for anything other than setting my concealer, but based on others' reviews it sounds like it would be good for setting overall face makeup too. This is a great product, I was surprised and I am definitely going to stock up.
Brooke B.
Brooke B.
Chatham, VA
If you're looking for a good translucent powder to set your under-eyes, set your primer for eye shadow (I use concealer like the great Bella Fiori), and easy on the wallet... this is the powder for you.

I tried a sample of makeup forevers once and NYX and while I felt good after applications, a few hours down the road I felt like it didn't make a difference at all. This was the first powder I felt worked well with MY skin. ((Which is oil prone!))

The only reason I left it with three stars is because I felt like even with the price point you're left with less product then you should. That's my only complaint though, other wise I enjoy the product a lot!!
Alexandria S.
Alexandria S.
Tallahassee, FL
This is my go-to drug store setting powder! I have oily skin (mostly in my tzone) and I use this for baking and setting my whole face. The powder is so soft and finely milled, you wouldn't expect it to be an affordable brand. The packaging is slim and basic, nothing spectacular but it fits just about everywhere. There is no scent, which is so great and it keeps my skin matte for about 8 hours if I'm out and about during the day time or all night if I'm out to dinner and on the town. If you don't want to spring for the Laura Mercier powder or haven't had good luck with the RCMA or airspun, this is a great powder to give a try!
Kari V.
Kari V.
Potosi, MO
I am loving this powder! I tend to get super shiny and my makeup starts to smear in the heat, so I picked up a container of this to see if it would help, and it definitely has! I press this onto my skin all over my face when I've finished my face makeup, and then I let it set while I do my eyes. When I'm done I take a soft, fluffy brush and sweep the excess away, and I'm left with silky smooth, matte, flawless skin that lasts and lasts! And you can't beat the price! I will absolutely continue purchasing this, and I already have recommended it to my mom and some friends! It's a keeper!
amy z.
amy z.
This is my go to setting powder! I use this in combo with the Master Fix setting spray and the outcome is amazing! I use this to bake under my eyes and i apply it to the rest of my face with a kabuki brush! I been under a flash with this and theres been no white residue. The only draw back is the price for the amount you get. You get a very small container for what i feel is a high price for a drug store brand. Depending on how much powder you use every day this may not be the most economical choice for you.
Anna W.
Anna W.
Don't think I will be repurchasing and wish I could return this tbh. I wanted to give it a fair chance but just could not make myself like it. I usually love Maybelline products, but just not this one. It doesn't set my makeup well and actually just makes me look cakey. I swear instead of keeping my makeup from setting into my fine lines, it helps it to settle into my fine lines. Maybe it will work for someone more oily but as someone who already has super dry skin, it just didn't work for me
Natalie S.
Natalie S.
Syracuse, NY
This is a very nice and fine powder. It kept my face matte and didn't make my pores stand out. The only thing I do not like about it is the flashback it gives on camera. If you are planning on taking pictures with flash do no use this powder. It will make you look like a ghost. I took a bunch of pictures with my friends and I noticed that the areas I set with this powder were way lighter than the rest of my face. It's a great powder if you are not going to be taking pictures with flash.
Lisa Z.
Lisa Z.
This is a really great setting powder. I use a damp beauty sponge to apply it. Then, I let it sit for a bit and I dust it off with a brush. Although it is more than $10, it's a good product worth having. And if the price is discouraging, many times drugstores such as Walgreens or Rite Aid and even Ulta will have BOGO sales and it's something worth waiting for. I don't think it's meant to replace the high end setting powders but I feel that it gets the job done and it works for me.
Lisa M.
Lisa M.
So far, so good! I needed a new powder, I was using the Laura Mercier translucent loose powder and it done what it was supposed to do, loved it. However, it had a yellow tint and when I would bake with it I would be left with yellow tinted skin. Not my thing. I also needed a powder to set my under eyes (every mascara I use rubs off throughout the day and I'm left with raccoon eyes. hot, lol) This is a great product to bake with and to set your under eye area with! Love it!
Kat S.
Kat S.
Charleston, SC
For it's effectiveness in relation to price, this stuff is bomb! I work 9 hour shifts every day (walking a lot and sometimes getting pretty sweaty) and I've noticed a HUGE difference in the longevity of my makeup since using this product. The only con I have is that my undereye concealer sometimes seems to slide down my face - and for the benefit of the doubt, it could just be my concealer. I would still highly recommend this powder. Works wonders.
Kaitlynn A.
Kaitlynn A.
Livingston, Tx
Is this good for "baking"?
Anyelin C.
Anyelin C.
Is this worth purchasing?
Lindsey S.
Lindsey S.
Does this work well for setting under eye concealer and foundation?
Samantha B.
Samantha B.
Does anyone know if this powder is really any good? I really want to get it.
Yanira F.
Yanira F.
Glendale, CA
Does this leave a white cast on the face when you take a picture with flash?