BY MAYBELLINE #19 in Setting Spray

Lock in makeup for a long-lasting finish with our translucent wear-boosting setting spray. Prevents color fading and makeup from melting.

• Aqua / Water / Eau

• Is this setting spray good?2 Answers
  • How does it work/set throughout the day? ☺️2 Answers
  • I have been looking to get more into makeup & to impr...2 Answers
Maybelline Facestudio® Master Fix Wear-Boosting Setting Spray
  • "i've always wondered if most setting sprays really worked but this really proves it right. it keeps your makeup set and for a long time. one of the things that i found as con was how it doesn't have a matte finish." in 222 reviews
Gina C.
Long Beach, CA
I really love this setting spray, it is super cheap and is just as good as any high end setting sprays that I have tried from URBAN DECAY All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray and other brands. This setting spray stops your skin from getting too dry or oily, which is perfect for me because I have combination skin. It also really does make your makeup last for about seven to eight hours, which I love. And even after those hours, you can apply it again to make your makeup keep lasting. It keeps my highlight, my blush, and concealer looking fresh all day and keeps it from fading or coming off. All you need is a good two or three sprays and spray it pretty far from your face so that your makeup doesn't smear or crack. It smells really good and gives your face such a nice refreshing feel. I spray it and then blend it in w my beauty blender to make sure my makeup will be lasting all day long. This stuff does everything it claims it will do, and is definitely worth the money. I will for sure keep buying this spray, and save money at the same time. I recommend this setting spray highly!! Super nice :)
L.Rhodes R.
Taylorsville
I used the whole bottle of this product so that I could get a fair and honest opinion. To be completely honest I did like it for a setting spray underneath my makeup..I would apply primer and then a light dusting of translucent powder, spray this and then go in with my foundation and then I would apply another thin layer of the setting spray. It worked for a short period of time but I didn't like the sprayer. I felt like it didn't cover as much area with one spray as I wanted and the mist wasn't very fine; it was more of a thick droplet spray. Like I said, it did work for short amounts of time but the sprayer was what did it in for me. I won't repurchase unless the sprayer is changed.
Jennifer S.
Flat Rock, MI
My normal setting spray that I use is the Urban Decay All-Nighter but I decided to try this out, because it was more budget friendly.  I definitely think it does everything it claims, prevents makeup melting and color fading.  The biggest difference I have noticed is that my blush and highlight will stay on my face all day long.  Before those two things would wear off by the time I got home from work.  I also think this product helps me blot and powder my skin less, since I have combo skin.  This will definitely be the setting spray I contine to buy, since it is wayyyy less expensive than the UD setting spray.
Vanessa J.
Clintwood, VA
I've been using this Master Fix by Maybelline until my Luminess wear boosting stay comes in, it's been ok, I hold about 8 to 10 inches away, and I give about 3 to 4 quick spritz's with eyes closed of course. It does a pretty good job, you have to be carefully about applying to much or to close!! But it does get the job done when your in a pinch. I don't think I'll be re-purchasing, it's just my opinion I've used better and once I found Luminess airbrush make-up I've become a Luminess Air addict!! I love every product I order from them! To me if your even starting to show signs of aging there's just no other makeup that can touch Luminess, I applied to my teenager and she was just stunning!! What i would have give to had Luminess Air air brush system when I was young! Their setting spray is the absolute best so I might be a bit spoiled, lol!!!
Diana C.
South Carolina
I have been using this setting spray for a while and it's great at locking in your makeup for almost the whole day! This setting spray lasts about 8 hrs and sometimes longer depending on what your doing that day. I even spray my brushes with it to intensify my eyeshadow and it does a great job! It never makes my makeup crack up or setting in my fine lines. If you need a good drugstore setting spray I feel this is one of the better ones!
Adelaide D.
The first time i used this product I was blown away. It was the best setting spray I had used, keeping all my makeup on and in tact without being to heavy on my skin. I was in love with it. However the second time I went to buy it, the product still worked fine, but the spray pump on the bottle kept getting stuck causing either no product to come out at all, or random heavy squirts shooting at my face rather than a nice soft mist.
Jessica A.
This setting spray is comparable to some higher end brands. I love it. A few sprays after your done applying makeup (I do it before my mascara) and your left with a long lasting finish. Plus it makes your skin feel silky smooth! Doesn't have a scent that I've noticed. I love it!
Kristy G.
Greenacres, FL
I was using L'Oréal Paris Infallible® Pro-Spray & Set Makeup Extender Setting Spray and it worked okay at first, but now that summer in Florida is approaching I noticed my makeup getting splotchy & melting through out the day.... So I switched over to Maybelline MasterFix and it sets my makeup like nothing I've ever used before. When I apply it it instantly locks my make up in place as soon as it dries, which only takes two seconds With trips to the park with my son where I am literally dripping sweat, to naps with him afterwards (there is literally ZERO transfer on to the pillow) my makeup stays put through it all. I have oily acne-prone skin, and I haven't had an issue with either of those ailments with this product because it is so lightweight. I can't believe how well it works for a drug store setting spray!
Leah P.
Dundee
I have had such good luck with this setting spray.  I noticed my foundation has been lasting longer than usual, and it must be because of this because I haven't really changed up my makeup routine.  The spray on this is such a perfect fine mist that isn't too direct on the face. It smells just like the Urban Decay all Nighter, and i would say this is the perfect dupe for that.
Alyssa S.
Alpharetta
Great product if you aren’t bothered by strong smells! It smells very chemical like and perfumy. The spray bottle is a little harsh so I end up with a dripping face. However I use this for dance competitions and it dries down fast and keeps my makeup on through sweat and heat. It is a dewy finish and continues to look more oily if that’s your skin type though. Long lasting!
Natalie M.
Auburn, WA
Does this setting spray leave a matte or dewey finish?
leslie v.
I'm not sure what a setting spray does can someone explain the purpose of a setting spray? Also is this a good brand? Does it actually do what it's suppose to?
Ale D.
Is this a good dupe for the Urban Decay one?
Laura M.
Niagara Falls, NY
I've never used a setting spray before - what does it do for me that would make me want to use it?
jenn l.
grand prairie, tx
I've always wanted to use a setting spray but never knew where to start. I was going to start with drugstore Brands and saw this product. I don't wear makeup often, only when I usually have an event to go to. would this be good for going to a summer wedding with a long day and night of drinking and dancing?

back