BY MAYBELLINE NEW YORK #39 in Highlighter

Fall under the spell of the Fairy effect. Create the perfect rainbow glow, everywhere you go.

• Talc

• CI77000 / Aluminum Powder
  • CI77510 / Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide
  • CI16035 / Red 40 Lake
  • CI77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide

• Y'all I am loving this Maybelline Facestudio® Mas...Be the first to answer!
  • I would like to see how bright this highlighter is. I haven't seen ...2 Answers
  • Will I turn into a mermaid if I use this? I feel like I would...2 Answers
Brooke B.
Brooke B.
Chisholm, MN
Review for: The Original Rainbow
I was so excited to receive this highlighter from Maybelline through Influenster! I absolutely LOVE it!!! It has a beautiful shimmer & glow when applied to the skin, & it blends gorgeously. I like that it comes with a sponge applicator, because it glides perfectly onto the skin with the sponge, & is extremely pigmented. I had previously purchased a cheaper brand of rainbow highlighter, but I must say that Maybelline's is much better & has greater pigmentation. This highlighter can be used so many ways! Applied with the sponge in a smooth swipe, it truly does give you a very distinct rainbow look on the skin, which can be wonderful for those summer events & music festivals where a bold look is desired! But this little baby doesn't stop there!! If you find yourself not having need for a bold rainbow look, this highlighter blends marvelously... especially with the use of a blush or fan brush. The resulting shimmer is a magical, golden glow. Perfect for highlighting the tops of cheekbones, cupid's bow on the lips, tip of the nose &/or down the center bridge of the nose, brow bone, inner corner of the eyes (or outer corner, if you wish), & even the collar bones below the neck! You can place this gorgeous powder on virtually any area of your face & body where you'd wish to create a sparkling, shining glow!! The shimmer will last all day! Very buildable, & a little will go a long way, so I recommend applying with a light touch if you don't wish for a very intensely pigmented glow. Thank you @maybellinenewyork & @influenster for this amazing product!! I will most definitely be purchasing this  Maybelline Facestudio® Master Fairy Highlight™ Rainbow Highlighter in the future!
Ashley T.
Ashley T.
Brooklyn, NY
Review for: The Original Rainbow
I love the idea of an Rainbow highlighter. It's really unique, and this product could give you a variety of unique looks. You could use all 4 colors or any amount, & the outcome will look magical. I used this highlighter on my eyes, I used blue & then I used purple for the crease. I loved the metallic eye shadow look the highlighter gave. I also used the yellow color as a highlight alone & it looks amazing on brown skin. The rainbow highlight looks great on the cheeks; the only thing I dislike about this product is how the formula can make brown or dark skin look ashy. Other than that, this is a great product, you can use it for multiple parts of your face, you get alot of product, and at the bottom of the compact there's a mirror & a sponge there perfect when you're on the go.  I received this product complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes, but all opinions are my own. :)
Tabetha M.
Tabetha M.
Review for: The Original Rainbow
I am in love. For starters the packaging is awesome! Love the fact it comes with a mirror and applicator! However I love it best with a fan brush and applied in natural light! The pigmentation is perfect, it's build-able which makes it easy to apply how you much like! For me it illuminated my complexion flawlessly! I can't get over how easy the application is! Love mixing the colors together but the yellow tone is my favorite! When on my skin it looks like a light gold!! It's even creamy enough to be a beautiful eye shadow accent color! My tip is start small and build up! A little goes a long way, which makes the product even better! Thank you for the chance to review and love a product that I will be purchasing again for myself and as future birthday gifts! I highly recommend to highlighter lovers and those who want to try for the first time!
#gotitfree #voxbox #review
Amy C.
Amy C.
Buffalo, NY
Review for: The Original Rainbow
Is this rainbow highlighter worth the hype? Maybe. First off I would like to mention how nice the packaging is for drugstore, it has a nice weight to it, has a nice mirror and has a nice closure. They included a sponge with the product which is a little confusing for a highlighter, I used it for searching but not for face application. The highlight is finely milled and feels silky, I love that there is no glitter! If you are looking to recreate the rainbow stripe effect I don't think you will be able to with a swipe from a brush, the colors are faint but you can see the different tones. I would recommend applying each color individually and building it up. Now, how I really recommend using it is by swirling all of the colors together! The swirling creates a beautiful golden champagne color that would be great for light to medium skin tones, I would also wear it on the body, highlighting my collarbone and shoulders.

*I was provided this product gratis in exchange for my honest opinion and review.
Violet V.
Violet V.
Edinburg, TX
Review for: The Original Rainbow
I'm a huge fan of highlighting and I will say that I usually go for more of a simple look when it comes to highlighting. This master fairy highlight however really blew me away, if you're looking to try something new and bold this is definitely the way to go. The packaging was amazing for a drugstore product although I wouldn't use the applicator that it came with because I personally prefer to use a brush, but it came with a mirror compact as well. The product is creamy and soft so even though the colors really pop there isn't any grainy or glittery texture from this highlight. When used alone the colors individually pop and when used blended all together on the skin it gives you such an iridescent glow. That's what blew me away the most about this highlight, it surprised me in an amazing way! Since receiving it complimentary from Influenster for reviewing purposes and wearing it out I've gotten so many compliments and friends that can't wait to get their hands on it as well!
Sarah B.
Sarah B.
Lumberton, NC
Review for: The Original Rainbow
The consistency of the powder is smooth - but I would not label it as creamy, nor would I label it as dry. When applied, the product can easily be swept away with a hand, brush, on beauty blender, so I doubt this product would last long on the skin -- I did not wear it long enough to test the product for multiple hours, btw, so this is just my theory. Regarding the colors: the blue pulls more green (as far as how it reflects in light, camera or natural); the pink is very much a deep blush color with a subtle sheen; the yellow has more of a light gold sheen and is one of the prettiest colors in the bunch; the purple is the prettiest color in the bunch and is very cool-toned BUT the pigmentation is almost non-existent, which is frustrating because it has the potential to be gorgeous and "blinding" as a highlight color on its own. Overall, I removed a star because this product lacked the staying powered needed for a product of this sort, and another star because of poor pigmentation for some colors.
Britny H.
Britny H.
Lakeview, MI
Review for: The Original Rainbow
I received the Maybelline Master Fairy Highlight free from Influenster to test--so let me start off by saying just how BEAUTIFUL this on the skin. This shouldn't affect your skin if you have oily skin, dry skin or combination skin. It applies well with your finger or a brush, not too impressed with the sponge that it comes with. If you want a subtle look it leaves this beautiful iridescent look or you can build it up and make it really POP and even then it is still just as beautiful. THe thing I love is you can use all colors or just one AND you can even use them as eyeshadows. The pigment is great, the texture is great(little chalky but not bad), I am not one to talk about formula so I can say much on that, but it does lay on and down smoothly easy to blend. I will say it does look a lot like the baked rainbow highlighter that was being showed around last year all over Instagram and that people were trying to recreate.
Rebekah L.
Rebekah L.
Pittsburgh, PA
Review for: The Original Rainbow
I have mixed feelings about this product.
I received it for free in the mail and was very excited to try it.

My opinion of the product boils down to this:
The product is a well made, vibrant highlighter. However, it is too vibrant for my personal taste.

I tend to err on the side of more natural makeup, and this is a little too elaborate for me. But it does a great job of highlighting the cheekbone and other areas. I believe that I will continue to use it, but most likely just the low hue on the palette. The red, blue and purple kept causing me to double take when I looked in the mirror. It almost looked like I had a large bruise on my face.

If you are looking for a more daring look, this is a great product. It truly lives up to its "fairy" name. Maybelline Facestudio® Master Fairy Highlight™ Rainbow Highlighter
Megan P.
Megan P.
Review for: The Original Rainbow
I received this product courtesy of Influenster and Maybelline. I was nervous to try this product because I don't usually go bold with any of my makeup. But I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome since I could control the depth of the pigmentation. I preferred to use my own highlight brush with it. The product is great quality and I was so happy that there was no glitter effect added to the powder. I like that the intention of the product is to use all the colors together, but I like that you can use them separately. The packaging is nice and lightweight. There is a sponge applicator and mirror included, which is great for on the go use. This would be fun to wear to a festival or to Vegas. If you want to switch up your every day highlight routine, this would be a great product to try!
Marissa A.
Marissa A.
sylvester, GA
Review for: The Original Rainbow
I snatched this up as soon as I saw it at walmart. I've never played with a rainbow highlighter before. I enjoy the packaging, it's a nice compact with a sponge and mirror under the pan. I've been enjoying this more than the molten gold highlighter. You have to use a dense brush to apply if you want the affect of all the colors of this highlighter. It blends nicely and is long lasting even on bare skin (tho it will show some texture on bareskin). I have been experiencing a lot of the powder crumbling apart so I suggest not traveling with this compact.
Brittany K.
Brittany K.
Malvern, AR
Beauty Junkie Expert
Can you get this at Walmart?
Rita S.
Rita S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Where can I get it from?
Courtney R.
Courtney R.
San Antonio, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Where have you been able to find this? I don't want to order online
Laura C.
Laura C.
burien
Where can I find it?
abbie m.
abbie m.
Rhode island
Beauty Junkie Expert
has anyone tried this highlighter? if so let me know how the pigmentation is and also if it shows up good and sleek looking on a pale skin tone