BY MAYBELLINE #22 in Contouring Kits

Contour in a New York minute. Three blendable and buildable shades help shape, define, and highlight the face for foolproof contouring.

• Talc

• lets all add each other on social media to improve our impact sco...1 Answers
  • I never tried this contour palette but my friend did. I hear good...1 Answers
  • Hey everyone! Add me ! ❤️ Instagram: iamaly_ Snapchat: ashley...1 Answers
Yusbreili G.
I've been itching to learn how to contour for, like, ever. I spotted an ad for this Maybelline Master Contour kit and thought this would be the ticket to easy, effortless contouring. Honestly: I really like the shades in this kit. The bronze is a nice shade, though it might be a bit dark for my rather pale complexion. The blush is a very faint cotton candy-esque shade, which looks gorgeous on. It's the kind of shade that would look good on any skin tone since it has a slight shimmer to it. The real MVP here: the highlighter. Wow. I love the way this looks alone, with the rest of the master kit, and with my other makeup products when I'm not feeling a complete contour look. Subtle, but still noticeable for a dewy look. As a review fiend, I read everything I could get my hands on about this before I committed. I gave it 4/5 because of the supplied brush, not the product itself. The brush was a bit stiff and went on about a subtle as a sharpie on a sheet of paper. I used my own brushes and made this work very well. If you want a good beginners contour kit, this is definitely it. Simple, easy...just make sure you have your own brushes.
Anna P.
I really love the blush and highlighter in this palette. The blush is a really beautiful bright pink color and it's super pigmented. Almost too pigmented, be careful about how much you use, otherwise it WILL look clowny, so just be careful. The highlighter is absolutely perfect. It's just pigmented enough to really do its job, but not so bright that it looks silly. I really love it, it has a great subtle glow. The real problem with this palette comes from the contour color; it's just far too warm and orangey to really be a contour. A contour should look like a shadow, thus, it shouldn't be orange and bright. Overall, considering I love 2/3 of this, I'd say it's a good palette. If you need a new blush/highlight duo, I'd recommend it, but if you need a good contour color, look elsewhere.
Christine H.
Roseville, CA
Review for: Light to Medium
Very nice palette - probably the best drugstore contour set out there right now! It's great because the contour shade looks beautiful on pale skin, it's easy to apply and blend (and the brush that's included works pretty well), and it looks very natural. This powder is also very forgiving, so you can layer as much or as little as you want to get your shade just right. The fact that it comes with a pretty rosey pink blush is a plus too, because it completes the look. My one complaint is that I wish the highlighter wasn't so shimmery - if it were more matte, I think I would've given this palette five stars. However, if you're going to buy a drugstore palette over a high-end one, make sure it's this one!
Colleen M.
I love this product. The powders are soft, finely killed, and very blendable. I tend to use this when I am running late, and I don't have to think about which products to grab next. Three excellent powders are all contained in one nice package. The contour is a good contour shade for my fair skin, and it also works to work warm up my face as a bronzer. The blush is a beautiful pink color that is easy to apply and just looks nice. The powder highlight is great too. It isn't the most in-your-face, but it draws attention to the cheekbones nicely. The only bad part about the palette is the brush that comes with it.
Holly S.
Byhalia, MS
My initial thoughts on this were pretty bad. I got this for a Christmas gift and I immediately assumed I would ONLY use the blush, because I have a nice contour and highlight palette already. I thought there was no way a cheap palette like this could go up against my big palette! I thought the highlight would be dull and the contour would be mediocre. I recently said 'what the heck?!' and went ahead and gave them a try. Boy was I wrong! The highlight isn't BLINDING, but it's fantastic for a more natural look. The contour was also the perfect color for me! 5 stars and definitely recommend.
Lucy S.
South Gate, CA
Review for: Light to Medium
The product I'm reviewing is the Maybelline Master Contour by Face Studio in the shade 10 which is Light to Medium. It is a powder formula which essentially is to contour the face. It includes the contour, blush, and highlight for the face. One of the issues I've encountered is the brush it comes with. The tiny brush does not work unless you plan to use it to highlight and contour the nose. The brush I ended up using it with is the E.L.F. Face Contour Brush. I would rate the product 8 out of 10 due to the fact that the little brush is useless and you end up using a lot of product.
Alyssa E.
Review for: Light to Medium
This palette was my intro to contouring. It makes it so easy to learn how to contour your face without looking like you're crazy. Now that I've been using this for a few months and I've ventured into cream contours, I still pull this little palette out to gently intensify my contour before setting my face. The blush shade is super pretty. The only thing I don't really love is the highlight shade. It's a little weak and needs more pigmentation but that could just be how the product shows up on my skin. I reach for my NYX Strobe of Genius palette when I need a nice highlight shade.
Alyssa M.
Review for: Light to Medium
I really like this Maybelline Contour pallet. It is so convenient to have all you need to contour in one little pallet, even the brush. I have fair skin and was worried this wouldn't look natural, but I found that it blends very nicely. It gives me a nice light glow that still looks natural and healthy. Plus I thought that the price was great for something that really works. It is also easy to use and has a guide on the back if you're not sure. Great contour pallet for such an affordable price!
Carrie K.
Indianapolis, IN
Maybelline is my favorite drugstore brand. I consistently buy their mascara and other products that I know work for me. However, I think it's really hard to find good, quality products sometimes at the drugstore. I just have to say that this palette blew my mind and is SO good. I was so impressed with the quality of the formulas. The contour shade isn't orange at all, the blush is a perfect natural brush shade, and the highlighter is a great champagne color. Great job, Maybelline!
Loralye J.
YPSILANTI, MI
I went into Ulta a few days ago to look for a contour set. I found some really nice one's but they were pretty expensive and I didn't want to spend that much. This set was very reasonably priced and came with a couple of different tone options. I opted for the medium tone pallet and it works great. The powder is light weight and all three colors go super well together. The box also shows step by step images for how to properly contour if you need help which I found pretty useful!
Bani S.
I've heard that the bronzer isn't that great..what do you think ?
Rebecca H.
Rochester, NY
Does this work well on fair skin? I would love to try this but don't want it to look too intense on my skin tone
Jenni E.
Anaheim, CA
I been wanting to explore more on blushes and new products. How does this product for you guys?
Rachael M.
Is this worth the buy . I love the pink shade . Pros?
Amber C.
Clintwood, VA
I have never contoured before and have wanted to try it. Is this a good first-time kit?