BY MAYBELLINE NEW YORK #13 in Highlighter

Heat up your look with a warm metallic sheen. Features reflective pigments for an eye-catching chrome effect.

• Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride

• Mica
  • CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide
  • CI 77491, CI 77492 / Iron Oxides

• Does it have glitter on it?2 Answers
  • So I just found this baby at CVS! So excited what are your thoughts...2 Answers
  • Has anyone tried this. Is it any good for highlighting?2 Answers
Karla K.
Karla K.
Rch Cucamonga, CA
Review for: Molten Gold
Wowie, talk about PIGMENT. This highlight will get you glowing to the G O D S. This golden, ULTRA metallic highlight from Maybelline in Molten Gold has a super buttery feel, glides on nicely, and can be used as your primary highlight, or to give your other highlighting products an extra pop at the high points. They call this thing Master CHROME, and they mean it.

Lets talk about the pros: this highlight is Instagram worthy. You into that high-beam, "my highlight is disrespectful" glow? You need to check this one out. The texture on this baby is beautiful, and has no large chunks of glitter (though the product itself can come off in the pan somewhat chunky, so use a light hand). You can blend it down to be pretty subtle, or just pop it on for blinding glow. The choice is yours.

Now I got a con or two. To start, the packaging leaves something to be desired. I get that this is drugstore, but plenty of other drugstore powders have better compacts than this. I need a divot or something to get my fingernail into, and this doesn't have one, which makes me nervous. My second con is that this color, on my light-medium in the winter, straight medium in the summer skin is pretty dark (especially when not as blending in), so it might not work for lighter skin tones, and might be too light for darker skin tones. I could be wrong, but hopefully there are other shades, or will be other shades, in this range, so that EVERYBODY can get their glow on.

As always, I received this product free to try from Influenster, but my opinions are completely my own.
Ashley D.
Ashley D.
West Salem, WI
Review for: Molten Gold
As we get further into the Spring/Summer seasons, my love for highlighters and anything that glows gets stronger. Highlighters are my absolute favorite cosmetic.
Personally, I prefer a highlighter that can give me multiple looks: subtle, natural, glistening, blinding, and that "wet" look. So far, this product has performed well with all of my applications.
The product itself is pretty creamy in texture; not chalky or powdery. It blends out easily as well. The imprint in the pan is very pretty and appears to be holding up well as I use it. It applies nice to the skin without emphasising my pores or blemishes. I have a light complexion and this highlight compliments my skin tone nicely.
For the price, you get a very generous amount of product. The pan is bigger than most high-end highlighters.
I do wish it had a mirror on the inside of the lid. There is space for one and I feel that this space is being wasted. I also believe the packaging could be a tad bit better in quality. It is a bit hard to open and I'm afraid of snapping the top portion off.
Overall, I'm very pleased with this product and would recommend it to anyone. I'm really hoping they come out with more colors too!
I recieved this complimentary from Influenster and Maybelline for testing purposes.
Martha W.
Martha W.
Review for: Molten Gold
HOLY HIGHLIGHT! This highlighter is beautiful!

I just got this Highlighter in the mail in my VoxBox complimentary of Influenster. I love highlighters and own a lot of high end brands. I would have to say that this is almost equivalent to my favorite $40 highlighter. I normally use the Becca Pressed Highlighter in Opal, however, this is a quarter of the price and still has this beautiful, highly pigmented shimmer. Just as a side note, I have medium warm skin and the photo is my swatch with flash on my arm!

One complaint about this product is the packaging. As you can see in the photo the compact is already messy. I ruined the palette the first week I got it because the compact is hard to open. It also leaves a mess as the little pigments run throughout the compact. However, for $10 I would say that I will definitely be repurchasing. I just wish they made it so that there was a grip on the compact to make it easier to open.
Alora Y.
Alora Y.
Malibu, CA
Review for: Molten Gold
Alright, let's talk about this highlight. The color is really beautiful. I don't traditionally go for the super gold highlights on my face, but I put this on my cheeks and was really feeling myself haha. It is a perfect glow for summer. The texture of the highlight in the pan is very soft like almost between a powder and a cream. Although it feels really nice and soft to the touch, the formula isn't my favorite. When I first swatched it on my finger I was VERY skeptical because it came up kinda chunky so it took a little longer to blend than maybe a more powdery highlight. The creamy consistency also makes it harder to pick up with my brushes and so it takes a couple dips into the product to achieve the level of shine I like, but I do have better success if I apply it with my finger and then blend it out with a brush. It lasts really well on my skin. I put some on this morning, went to crossfit in the afternoon, and my face was still golden and glowing AFTER the workout. I also feel like it doesn't emphasize the texture of my skin like other highlights I have - maybe I'm just having better skin days, but maybe not! All this being said, I think it is a good highlight for the price, and I'm happy to have received this product complimentary for testing purposes! If you are wanting a beautiful golden glow this summer definitely check this one out!
Brooke C.
Brooke C.
Rockingham, NC
Review for: Molten Gold
This is bomb!!! You have to be into intense highlights and the metallic blinding look to your highlight to get use out of this because it is bright!! It's a gold medium toned shade and it may be too dark alone for someone with fair to light skin tones to wear alone on the tops of the cheekbones without it casting a deeper shadow to that area when it's not reflecting light and therefore won't give that light lifting look to your cheekbones but it can totally be mixed with a lighter highlight to make it work on those lighter skin tones, if you're medium to tan skin tones this is the perfect highlight for you and it's so creamy and smooth and just glides on the skin and becomes one with the skin instead of just sitting on top of the skin and being that it's so intense it can pick up on texture or enhance pores but buffed into the skin and not overdoing the product application will prevent that and I highly recommend this
Lily W.
Lily W.
Fresh Meadows, NY
Review for: Molten Gold
First things first I freaking hate the packaging, it's an abomination. I had so much trouble opening it that when I finally pried it open, I accidentally dug my nails into the product. HOWEVER, that is when I discovered how buttery and pigmented this product was. I was honestly so impressed. It has glow, and glitter too but it wasn't a glittery mess! When I put it on my face with a highlight brush after a few spritzes of setting spray, it looked like I was touched by King Midas!!!! The color 100 Gold that I got for free in my VoxBox was very flattering on my warm skin tone. It was easy to blend and honestly the quality of the product itself is not that much worse than my Becca highlighter for less than 1/3 the price. I really recommend this highlighter, I would actually buy it again if I ran out. Nice job Maybelline!!!
Meesha K.
Meesha K.
Eden Prairie, MN
Review for: Molten Gold
Spoiler alert... I am so pleased with the new Maybelline Master Chrome Metallic Highlighter! But let me tell you that it wasn't love at first sight. When I first applied this highlighter, I didn't like it. I noticed that it was a hard to blend, chunky shimmery, powder despite it feeling very soft and smooth and transferring easily onto my brush without pressing too much into the compact. I first applied it on my bare, moisturized face because I don't wear foundation on a regular basis, but still like to apply blush and highlight when going out and about with my Hubby. Anyway, after I tested this highlighter with other brushes and with a lighter hand, I fell in love and have only been reaching for this highlighter since I began using it. My favorite highlighter brush is Morphe's Y10. This highlighter reminds me of a couple of my favorite high-end highlighters - MAC Oh Darling, ABH So Hollywood, and Becca Champagne Pop. If you're looking for a light yellow gold champagne blend highlight that can either be applied very intense and shimmery or subtle and glowy and affordable highlight, then this is definitely worth a shot.
Brittani G.
Brittani G.
Montgomery, TX
Review for: Molten Gold
I was super excited about this coming in my voxbox. Maybelline has been KILLING it lately with cosmetics. I use their Matte and Poreless almost daily ( I am on my 5th-6th bottle) and I swear its better than almost any high end foundation I have ever tried. Let me me start by saying, the color of this highlight is  beautiful, however it is chunky. I will definitely be getting use out of this as an eye shadow on repeat all summer long. As for face highlighters, I usually tend to go for more natural toned highlights. I want my glow to look like it's coming from within but poppin' at the same time if that makes sense. So for a face highlight, even on darker skin tones ( gold looks amazing on darker skin- Heart eyes), I feel its a little heavy on the glitter. I also want to note that the formula is a little hard to pick up on a brush. For my eyes I will most likely use my fingers as this picks up the product better than the brushes I have tried. But I think it will look great down the centers of my legs with my summer tan as well as on my shoulders and clavicle. It's at a great price point to be used as a body product.
Hunter B.
Hunter B.
Kansas City, MO
Review for: Molten Gold
I was super excited to try this product when I found out I was going to be recieving it in my VoxBox this month. I even rain in the rain to my mailbox to get it when I found out it had been delivered. When I got home and opened it my "safety seal" as most call it was already broken. It made me sketched out to try it but I did any way because well I was excited. I wasn't too fond of the packaging but to get the price to $10 with such a nice product inside I'd rather have the low quality in the packaging. The swatch was amazing, full pigmentation, such a soft and buttery feel to it and it seemed to last on my hand for quite some time. When I applied it to my cheekbones and what not with a brush, when I did my make up the next day it didn't have the same pigmentation. I was a little disappointed because I don't like applying powder makeup with my fingers. Once I did though it changed my mind about the product. It's a good quality product (especially for the inexpensive price) it feels high quality, has a semi high quality illumination to the face, and it had great pigmentation. I would repurchase, I would recommend to a friend, and I'm glad I recieved this product complimentary from Influenster and Maybelline to try out for review purposes! I really like this product overall.
Jenny M.
Jenny M.
Queensbury , NY
Review for: Molten Gold
This is perfect for the summer. The golden shade works really well on bronzed skin. (Too dark to use as a highlight for lighter skin.) it seems build-able and it's pretty intense. More on the glittery highlight side so if you prefer very natural you may not want this. It's pretty tho and the swatch was beautiful. Thanks influenster for this free gift. (A little upset mine came in broken in the mail so try and pick it up at a store)

So I switched my review after experiencing this product a little more. Mine came broken in the mail and I figured it was just a mistake but this product gives you a lot of kick up when you dip the brush in it and it's just a mess to work with once it's already opened. since mine came broken I found that additional chunks kept breaking off and it was honestly just a mess to open up in the first place. So I decided to just throw it out. I didn't want to give this product less than three stars because I figured it might work really well with other people who didn't have a broken product to start. It's a really pretty color and it swatches nicely
Sandra S.
Sandra S.
Bloomington, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
where do they sell this? I cant find it anywhere. Help
Bree G.
Bree G.
Henderson, NV
Beauty Junkie Expert
What do you think of this highlighter? Should I get it.
Shelesea R.
Shelesea R.
Calgary, AB
Beauty Junkie Expert
Asking all the beautiful WOC on here, how do you feel about the new Maybelline Facestudio® Master Chrome™ Metallic Highlighter
Sherisse P.
Sherisse P.
Do anyone know where I can buy this in store ?? (Besides ulta)
Dominique R.
Dominique R.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is it pigmented? It looks sooo pretty but I won't purchase it if it's not pigmented!