BY MAYBELLINE #55 in Bronzer

It’s bronzer reinvented. Bronze and highlight for a dimensional, sun-kissed glow.

• Talc

• Do you like these? Are they pigmented?3 Answers
Tiffany T.
Minford, OH
Beauty Junkie Expert
To my surprise I really fell in love with this bronzing palette. Very pleasing aesthetically, convenient to have for Shades and one compact, and the colors apply well. The bronzing shades are the perfect colors, not orange or muddy, which has been hard for me to find in a bronzer. I use the palette to contour as well, and the highlight shade is perfect for a subtle controlled glow, when I don't want to go full glam. The formula is very soft and silky, not chalky at all. The bronzers are pigmented so make sure to tap of the excess and start light to avoid applying to much. I have to admit, I didn't expect to love this palette as much as I do, but It's a keeper.
Blanca B.
Deer Park, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
For my birthday earlier this month my mom bought me a whole bag full of drug store products , and in the bunch Maybelline's Master Bronze by Face Studio. First think that came to mind was " Yeah this product will suck" but once i gave it a try I fell in love with it it has just enough pigmentation and the colors sure to give you nice bronze look. Now look at the cheap price that this product is I fosure think its worth it . Youc an never go wrong with a cheap good quality makeup kit .
Chantelle W.
Lucerne Vly, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I am not a big bronzer and I'm new to highlighting and contouring. I decided to give this Maybelline Master Bronze and Highlight kit a shot. And I'm very surprised at how much I like it. The colors work very well together and with my skin tone. They are a light material so it makes it easy for me to start light and build ontop of each other. The highlight is so pretty. Easy to use and affordable for anyone. Very happy with this kit.
Gianna G.
Rocklin, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love this palette! I wish they would expand the shade range though. Every shade in the palette has some sort of sheen / shimmer which is fine since it’s a bronzer palette not a contour palette. The shades are very buildable and easy to work with. if you have a light to medium skin tone this will work on you. I don’t reach for it as much as I should so hopefully this will remind me to! You get a nice selection of shades for a very reasonable price. Definitely recommend trying!!
Brittany B.
Rochester Hls, MI
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received two of the new Maybelline Master Bronze and Highlight Pallette in a VoxBox and had the opportunity to try the shades out and review them. Even though the product was complimentary, my opinions on the product are honest.

The pallets contains .47 oz or 13.5 grams of product. There are four shades, two clearly deeper bronzer type shades, a clear highlighter shade, and an in-between shade which is best suited as a highlighter on deeper skin tones. One plus is that there are a range of shades so it could work on deeper skin tones.

The product has a decent amount of kick back. This means when you rub your brush in the pans, there will be some amount of powder lingering around. So make sure to tap off your brush before you apply the bronzers. Also, this means the formula is quite powdery.

The pigmentation is also quite weak compared to other bronzers/highlighters I have tried. I finger switched it, switched it over foundation/primer/powder/ and brush switched it (pictures attached). They were most visible over a the foundation, so I wouldn't recommend this product on bare skin because it is less visible. I was unimpressed with the level on pigment in the bronzers and highlighter. However, this could be a pro for those who prefer to really work with their products and prefer to build up the bronzer as they go. This product was definitely buildable into am more opaque color. The highlighters were also not very blinding, I had to wet my brush with a setting spray to get them up to the level of pigment I usually aim for. However, if you are someone who is just starting out with make up and want a highlight you can apply without worrying about going over-board, this could be for you.

Keep in mind the bronzers pull extremely warm toned. They are definitely more of a bronzer and not a contour since they are so warm/orange. One of the bronzers appears to have glitter and one appears matte, but they both apply with a sheen. If you like matte bronzers, you will probably not reach for these.
Yaradi r.
Tifton, GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have this product and it’s amazing the highlight is Great and The bronzers/contouring is awesome! It’s price is affordable and I would want anyone to get it! It’s blendable and gives you a great highlight!
Rachel K.
Fairfax , VA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I shamefully admit I am a brandsnob and this was my first time using Maybeline in 16 years! However, this palette single handedly proved my idea of Maybeline was VERY wrong...

This palette features 4 shades to bronze & highlight. The four colors easily appeal to all skin tones. Having your 4 colors together in a cute compact is a perk!

My take aways...

* the lightest shade makes for a great highlighter. I love that it highlights with a soft natural sheen, not a blinding shimmer or strobe effect. Great highlighter for day time looks, especially in an office or corporate setting
* The darkest shade may be intimidating but I used a pop of that at the back under portion of each cheek bone to add a little drama to my contour.
* The 3rd darkest is great for a natural contour look under the cheek bones, around the hair line, sides of nose, and jaw/neck. I also enjoyed using this color to contour my décolletage area, giving my new "freshly back from vacation" glow an added boost for a night out!
* The 2nd lightest color is great when used with a soft extra large powder brush to just dust the color over the face, blending your highlight and contour for a seamless airbrushed finish
* SIDENOTE: I have LOVED using these 4 colors together to create a very on trend light bronze take on a smokey eye!

I was impressed with the design of this palette as well as the quality of the product itself. Will say this had more fall out while applying than what I am used to. I recommend being sure to use a primer or facial oil before applying. reconsider if you are using an appropriate brush if you are having any application troubles, as mine did just great with my basic Real Techniques brushes used.

OVERALL: best for teens or those that prefer a softer "no make up" look.

Thank you Maybeline and Influenster. I can't wait to try more Maybeline products now that I've seen just what their products can do!

*disclaimer: I was given this product to sample in exchange for a review. All words and thoughts in this review are my own*
Heather H.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Fabulous quality, great pigment, and amazing for most skin tones the only problem is I wish the highlight was a little more blinding but other then that I have no complaints I would absolutely buy it again if they came out with more Maybelline Facestudio® Master Bronze® Kit
Desiray S.
Fort thomas, KY
Beauty Junkie Expert
There are so many options with this palette. That's the best part of this palette is the range of shades. There is something for almost every skin tone. The shades are beautiful and blend well. My complaint is I don't like shimmer bronzer. And some of these are shimmer. It would have been. Ice if they bright out two palettes. This one and an all matte palette.
Megan S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
4 Stars, only because you do have to build these up. But I’m super fair skinned, so it’s ok for me. If your skin tone is deeper, you probably won’t like it. This is one of the few bronze/contour kits that don’t look muddy on me, and I love that there’s several options! I often mix the mattes and shimmers/highlighters for an all over glow! And it’s only $10!!
ashley r.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I need this in my life!!! How well does it work ?
Cindy C.
I'm in love 😱😍 I need this in my life
Anna G.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Do you like these? Are they pigmented?
Katelyn V.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is this too warm for fair skin?
I really want to try this out......