Maybelline Eyestudio® Lasting Drama® Gel EyelinerInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2017

BY MAYBELLINE #13 in Eyeliner

Achieve winged drama with Maybelline's oil-free gel eyeliner.

Cyclopentasiloxane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Ceresin, Isododecane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Caprylyl Methicone, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Propylene Carbonate, Candelilla Cera/Candelilla Wax/Cire De Candelilla, Caprylyl Glycol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica, Tin Oxide

May Contain:

CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77510/Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289/Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77742/Manganese Violet, CI 42090/Blue 1 Lake, CI 19140/Yellow 5 Lake, CI 77510/Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide

• Does this apply easily?225 Answers
  • Girls, what is your makeup today? Today my is very classy and sim...1 Answers
  • What shade is your favorite? I thought about trying eggplant.2 Answers
Maybelline Eyestudio® Lasting Drama® Gel Eyeliner
  • "i used this for a reallllly long time and its a good liner, its super long lasting the only problem i have is that if you dont constantly clean the brush it does get very hard and my liner did actually dry out very quickly but a nice trick for it is to put the little jar in the microwave for about 3 seconds and it should go back to its original texture." in 5 reviews
  • "i hate the brush its so bulky i prefer a thiner liner brush or an angled one ,now the gel liner works very well super pigmented but not as pigmented as ingot eyeliner which is my holllyygrailll but this works very well not as smith as i would like it to be but alwell" in 4 reviews
  • "If you are just starting out using eye pencils, I would definitely recommend this one!" in 3 reviews
Connie R.
Wilmington, MA
By far my favorite liner. I haven't found another yet that compares. I am a black eyeliner fan and didn't learn about gel liner until a few years ago. I had no idea what I was missing until I tried some out. Then I decided to give this gem a try and have been in love ever since. It also comes with the best brush. Makes it so easy to apply especially when in a rush. No other brand has even come close to giving a brush as good and I always end up using this brush even when trying another brand. (Best to keep brush clean, I just swipe it with my makeup towel when done.) this liner stays on I till I wash it off, doesn't matter how many hrs I been wearing it. It last forever although I can say I never have used a whole tube up prior to buying a new one. It does dry out over time but not fast. I can easily get two-three months out of it and I'm talking everyday use sometime twice a day if I feel like completely redoing my make up from my morn to night.
Alastasha N.
Colchester, VT
I have nothing bad to say about this product! It really lasts on my lids, and doesn't budge! When using this product, it's best to have a primer underneath, eye shadow optional. I use that black color for bold winged liner, and it stays in place all day, no need to touch up! The gel formula is really great over all, I've even used it once or twice as a black lipstick and woaaaahhhh it was so amazing! Not to mention that for how small of a pot of product there is, it really lasts for a long time, and you don't need to dig at it, because the product is so creamy and soft before it dries down, that you only need to gently dip your brush into it to get reaaally good pigment. ALSO! I don't know if they sell the eyeliner pots individually without the brush, but if you see one with the eyeliner brush in the packaging it, BUY IT! The brush is actually really good for eyeliner, and it's super precise! I LOVE this product so much!
Jen C.
Combs, KY
This is 'hands down' the best eyeliner I have ever used. I think I began using this gel eyeliner when it was introduced, around 2010 (If I'm wrong on that, someone please correct me, lol 🙂). Anyway, it's been a long time. It completely changed my entire makeup platform for me and for that, I am thankful. Anyway, I have severe allergies. Even on prescription medications, my eyes drip. Especially when I begin putting anything around my eyes and when I wear makeup all day. Any other brand, if it be high dollar brand or pharmacy priced makeup brands, my eyeliner runs or smears and is gone by the end of the day. This brand STAYS. It still takes work to even remove with my baby oil at night. I've been a very happy customer for many years. The only negative thing about this product is the brush. Throw it away and buy the elf slanted eyeliner brush. Both eyeliner and brush stays perfect with daily use for a year.
Maisy L.
If you have oily eyelids this is a NO NO NO.... firstly, the brush it comes with is useless, it's too big to do fine lines or wing it out. I bought a cheap elf pointed tip brush to do details with, God bless y'all.

the formula is cheap and thin, it IS dark though and stays pretty matte looking throughout the day. but I have like Jennifer Lawrence eyelids... small and hooded :-( so the transfer happens almost immediately, it never really dries because it's gel.

the formula makes it kind of hard to control and extremely messy.

I recommend using a primer beforehand (didn't help with the transfer onto my lids but did prevent it from fading throughout the day) and setting it with dark eyeshadow(which still didn't work for me)

unless you have large sunken lids, this is definitely not worth $8 down the drain.
Michelle S.
Eu particularmente amo delineador , e saio experimentando diversas marcas, e quando usei pela primeira vez o em gel da Maybelline me apaixonei primeiro por ser livre de óleo pois minha pele já é oleosa, segundo porque a pigmentação é bem forte e eu costumo usar o preto e goste que fique bem marcante, ela me encantou muito, o pincel é macio e a ponta fina facilita a plicação até para as que tem dificuldade consegue usar com facilidade, o preço é acessível e ele dura alguns meses , sendo favorável para o nosso bolso , eu indiquei a todas as minhas amigas e elas gostaram muito, inclusive uma amiga maquiadora que não deixa mais de usar , com certeza assim que o meu acabar comprarei outra e quem tiver com dúvida não se arrependerá .
Brianne R.
Love, love love these! Hands down, one of the best drugstore eyeliners out there! More colors, please! They glide like buttah and wear well, even though I wear contacts. I have a bunch of these and Smashbox, and the quality of the Maybelline is equally good. (The only real difference, IMO, is that Smashbox has a much larger selection of colors.)There's also a ton of product for the money; like all gel pot liners they tend to dry out and need to be replaced before using the entire pot of product. The little brush these come with is fantastic (and is a great lipstick brush if you have extra). Don't tell Smashbox, but I prefer Maybelline's brush and even use it with my Smashbox gel liners.
Alexandria R.
I love this eyeliner and how long lasting it is! Sometimes it can get annoying though when i try to wash my face at the end of the day and the darn thing won't come off!
Normally i like a glossy look more, but i'm definitely digging this matte-blacker than my soul look.
My only concern(s) is the dryness. Not the eyeliner itself- but the brush that comes with it. If you aren't cleaning it after literally every time you use it, it gets hard and then you can't apply it well.
Overall though, this eyeliner is DEFINITELY worth it if you're into a sharp eyeliner look that won't smudge if you're crying or its raining or even if you're trying to shower and rise the darn this off.
Tamara W.
Swannanoa, NC
I tried gel eyeliner in the past and never figured out how to make it look nice. My hand shakes and I'm not terribly artistic. But a long time love of Maybelline products, reading the reviews here on Influenster, and watching a bunch of YouTube videos inspired me to take a risk and try Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner. Totally a game changer! Even though on the first try I managed clean lines with the enclosed brush. On the second try I actually got a wing! As other reviewers mentioned, I found I have to clean the brush after every use or it makes a mess and it becomes impossible to get clean lines. Other than that I adore this product and hope to get it in every color!
Julie T.
I absolutely love this liner. It is very easy to apply, it's a very rich, pigmented black color, and it lasts the whole day. I have taken naps with this liner on and it stays practically flawless.

I don't use the brush that comes with it as I am unable to get a sharp wing with it. Instead, I use a typical thin liner brush. It takes almost no time at all to get the perfect winged look.

It's waterproof but not impossible to take off. I use a cleansing oil to remove the liner and then a regular cleanser to get off every last trace.

I don't see myself using any other gel liner any time soon, because the formula and wear of this one is just perfect.
Samantha S.
Federal Way, WA
I might be a little biased because I have never really used any other kind of gel liner, when I first started doing my makeup in high school about 4-5 years ago, this was the very first gel liner I purchased and I was not disappointed, of course my makeup skills were not as up to par as they are now, it glided on, even using the brush it came with, and it didn't smudge or move throughout my school day. Now I use it with a Sigma E06 brush which I also love, and I am able to get my perfect winged liner. It's sharp and clean, and I could basically cut someone with my wing LOL. Handsdown the best drugstore gel liner, will ALWAYS repurchase,
Sydney B.
Port St Lucie, FL
Does this apply easily?
Dyvon O.
Rialto, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does it stay on all day? Does it smear
Jessica K.
Has it ever dried out on you? As in have you ever opened it and it was dry ?
Natalie S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does this liner crack or dry up quickly?
jess p.
Is using this s good as using the liquid eyeliner in a bottle?