BY MAYBELLINE #24 in Eyeshadow

Dare to wear our longest-lasting eye shadow! This waterproof cream gel formula delivers 24-hour intensity paired with tattoo tenacity.

Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Ceresin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Caprylyl Methicone, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Alumina, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cyclomethicone, Propylene Carbonate, Candelilla Cera/Candelilla Wax/Cire De Candelilla, Caprylyl Glycol, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Tin Oxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Paraffin.

May Contain:

Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 19140/Yellow 5 Lake, CI 16035/Red 40 Lake, CI 77000/Aluminum Powder, CI 77510/Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 75470/Carmine, CI 42090/Blue 1 Lake, CI 77400/Bronze Powder, CI 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289/Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77742/Manganese Violet, CI 77400/Copper Powder, CI 77163/Bismuth Oxychloride, CI 77510/Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide.

Sara L.
Imperial Beach, CA
Review for: Permanent Taupe
Although I have used and loved many of the colors they offer, Maybelline Color Tattoo concocts a really pretty pearlescent pink called Inked in Pink. I swear by it. Compared to some alternatives, this one has a much better staying power and pigment. For how much you get in correlation to how much you need to apply, the value is unbeatable. It will last you forever. You'll need to throw it away due to sanitary reasons long before you run out of it. I picked mine up from Ulta's website for only $6.99! What I like to do is use my finger to apply a thin layer, using a dabbing technique. These colors can be worn alone for a subtle look (depending on the shade you choose), but I usually first apply a cream eyeshadow primer, let that set and then blend two shadow colors that are 3 shades and 2 shades darker than Inked in Pink on my lid and crease. I then blend Color Tattoo on the entire lid, using whatever is left on my finger to highlight the brow bone. This creates an elegant smoky eye.👍🏻
Rebecca S.
New London, CT
I have this in silver.

It's not mushy like the picture here would suggest--at least mine isn't. I've used it a handful of times, but you wouldn't be able to tell by looking at the top of the shadow. Maybe that's a good thing, or maybe that's a negative because it makes the shadow more difficult to apply.

I like the color. I was in the market for a silvery, glittery eyeshadow, and this does better than most. Others were overwhelming, but this is subtle, and gives me the angelic look I was going for. Not sparkly in a gaudy way, either.

my main qualm: how on earth is one intended to apply this?! I've tried brushes and eye applicators. My finger works best, but not very well. It takes a while to get the shadow to be even. Then it takes a while for me to remove the shadow from the places I didn't want it to go, like the crease of my lid. Is there a method I'm missing?
Jamie Rose S.
I am in LOVE with this stuff! Prior to cream eyeshadow trend, this was pretty much the only makeup brand marketing this type of eyeshadow. Needless
to say maybelline color tattoo was my first cream eyeshadow purchase and there would be many more after. I love the formula on these cream/pomade shadows, it's not too wet, it's in between and it's goes on perfectly with just applying it using your fingers. I like that you can use these for a variety of things, such as a base for bolder eye looks or in addition to powder shadows. And last but not least, the shade range is so wide that there are options to create that one of a kind unique look, whether it be bold, neutral or a mixture, maybelline provides the tools and your the canvas. I highly recommend maybelline color tattoo cream shadows, they are highly affordable and great quality, you won't be disappointed!
Julia L.
Bloomington , IL
Beauty Junkie Expert
I really, really like these cream eyeshadows. I use them as a base for my powder eyeshadows in order to add warmth, dimension, and stronger color. They help the powder shadows last all day! My only complaint is the packaging--the glass is very bulky and can be a bit difficult to store. Once you use more product, it becomes increasingly difficult to dip a finger or brush in the product in order to apply it correctly. Additionally, I would not recommend purchasing several colors of this product. Unless if you're using them everyday, you won't get much use out of the product because the cream shadows can dry up and do not revive easily. Maybelline recently released the Color Tattoo cream eyeshadow in a stick formula, and I find that it is the exact same product just in better packaging. Ultimately, it's a great product, but the packaging has some drawbacks.
Rachelle B.
La Mirada, CA
Barely Branded is the only color I own, but if you buy one, you have to get that shade because it's perfect! I love using this underneath powder eyeshadow and for highlighting my inner corners of my eyes. It lasts very well on it's own but it really brings out the vibrancy of shimmer eyeshadows, especially in a color similar to it. I warm it up a little on the back of my hand to help with the consistency because it's pretty firm. You will lose product if you do this, but a little goes a long way and it goes on more smoothly that way. I would work fast with it (maybe one eye at a time) because it dries very quickly. Great formula and staying power. I have never had a more long lasting cream eyeshadow!
Christina C.
Smyrna, TN
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have not used this particular color, but i do have the one in purple, and let me say, i didn't like this cream shadow at all. It takes many applications of this just to make the color pop like its supposed to. After an hour or two of wear, it starts to fade and then you have lines of darker pigment and lighter pigments. It does not last long at all, and i am definitely not a fan of this at all. Oh yea, and for the humane conscious people out there..bet you didn't know Maybelline tests their products on animals did you? Yep, they sure do, so next time you think of buying a Maybelline product, think about all the innocent animals they test these products on.
caroline b.
Beauty Junkie Expert
These shadows are super creamy although I have a tough time blending some. In particular, Dramatic Black was sticker than the other shades, and wasn't really blendable at all. I found it was easier to apply a light wash with my fingers, rather than a brush. Once these dry, they are super set in place. The colors are gorgeous, and they're super cheap at around $5.50. I have Inked in Pink, a shimmery light pink, Barely Branded, a shimmer champagne, Bad to the Bronze, a shimmery darker brown and Dramatic Black which is a matte black. Swatches are Dramatic Black, Barely Branded, and Inked in Pink from left to right in natural light and flash.
Larri J.
Prestonsburg, KY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love this eyeshadow! It has to be one of the best products Maybelline has ever invented! I know it's my favorite from Maybelline. I have several different colors of this product, this one isn't my favorite! My sister in law uses this one as an eyeshadow primer since it's the color it is! It goes on smoothly and give a perfect look. I usually apply it with a eyeshadow brush but I've found that using your finger works better! I only gave it a 4 star because sometimes it does get a little lumpy, but it usually lasts all day and removal of it does require makeup eye remover. It's a strong durable eyeshadow!
Theresa M.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have been purchasing these color tattoo eye shadows from Maybelline for years. They are my summer must have. Being from the south eye shadow longevity is not easy to achieve which is why I love these. I just swipe them on with my finger, blend a little and I am good to go. The color lasts all day! Some colors crease more than others after many hours, but it is not very noticeable. Considering it lasts all day... all around it's just great. I don't use them as primers or under other eye shadows because it can cake up and not blend well, however on their own they are fantastic!
Me encantan estas sombras, son super pigmentadas y se trabajan muy bien, pero recomiendo si eres de piel muy grasa como yo, utilizar un buen primer de ojos, porque por su textura cremosa hace que mi piel genere mas grasa, y el parpado me queda todo corrido, ademas que su empaque es muy bueno pero algo pesado // I love these shadows are super pigmented and work very well, but I recommend if you are very fat as skin, use a good first eye, because its creamy texture makes my skin generate more fat, and the eyelid is me all run, its packaging is also very good but something heavy
Nicole K.
Deland, FL
Should you wet your brush ten apply? I've tried it but i don't know?
Candace S.
Barnet, VT
Can you use this and powdered eye shadow togeteher???
Victoria G.
Annandale, NJ
Favorite color?
Tati C.
I haven't purchased any of these, but I would like to. What color would you recommend since I'm just getting into these?
Danielle D.
I really really really want this but I'm scared that this will make I sensitive skin breakout... Anybody with sensitive skin tried this???