Maybelline Eye Studio Color Tattoo Eyeshadow
Maybelline Eye Studio Color Tattoo Eyeshadow
Photos (326)
Jamie J.
Jamie J.

I have a lot of problems with eye makeup getting into my eyes and making my contacts hurt or cause blurry vision. These shadows are great especially when I am getting ready in a hurry because they apply so easily (you can use a brush but I prefer to use my ring finger to put it all over the lid and then clean up/blend before it sets with a brush. Once they set they're not moving and running into my eyes. They constitute a base for any other shadow you may want to add. I haven't really worn a very involved eye look with this but so far I've had no problems with running into my eyes or fading when I used one of these as the allover lid color. You can also leave it as is without any other shadow or liner and just put mascara. This color especially makes you look more awake and brightens up your face.
Actually I was not sure this color would work on me. The pink is not as bright as the stock image here. It's a bit lighter. I wouldn't have bought it but I saw swatches online that led me to give it a chance. I am fair (about an NW15 in Mac) with dark hair and dark green eyes and sometimes pinks look weird on me. This shade is pink but not overly so and I can wear it without looking frosty and weird on my cool tone skin.
Rebecca S.
Rebecca S.
New London, CT

I have this in silver.

It's not mushy like the picture here would suggest--at least mine isn't. I've used it a handful of times, but you wouldn't be able to tell by looking at the top of the shadow. Maybe that's a good thing, or maybe that's a negative because it makes the shadow more difficult to apply.

I like the color. I was in the market for a silvery, glittery eyeshadow, and this does better than most. Others were overwhelming, but this is subtle, and gives me the angelic look I was going for. Not sparkly in a gaudy way, either.

my main qualm: how on earth is one intended to apply this?! I've tried brushes and eye applicators. My finger works best, but not very well. It takes a while to get the shadow to be even. Then it takes a while for me to remove the shadow from the places I didn't want it to go, like the crease of my lid. Is there a method I'm missing?
Jamie Rose S.
Jamie Rose S.

Nathaly A.
Nathaly A.

I am in LOVE with this stuff! Prior to cream eyeshadow trend, this was pretty much the only makeup brand marketing this type of eyeshadow. Needlessto say maybelline color tattoo was my first cream eyeshadow purchase and there would be many more after. I love the formula on these cream/pomade shadows, it's not too wet, it's in between and it's goes on perfectly with just applying it using your fingers. I like that you can use these for a variety of things, such as a base for bolder eye looks or in addition to powder shadows. And last but not least, the shade range is so wide that there are options to create that one of a kind unique look, whether it be bold, neutral or a mixture, maybelline provides the tools and your the canvas. I highly recommend maybelline color tattoo cream shadows, they are highly affordable and great quality, you won't be disappointed!
Julia L.
Julia L.
Bloomington, IL

I really, really like these cream eyeshadows. I use them as a base for my powder eyeshadows in order to add warmth, dimension, and stronger color. They help the powder shadows last all day! My only complaint is the packaging--the glass is very bulky and can be a bit difficult to store. Once you use more product, it becomes increasingly difficult to dip a finger or brush in the product in order to apply it correctly. Additionally, I would not recommend purchasing several colors of this product. Unless if you're using them everyday, you won't get much use out of the product because the cream shadows can dry up and do not revive easily. Maybelline recently released the Color Tattoo cream eyeshadow in a stick formula, and I find that it is the exact same product just in better packaging. Ultimately, it's a great product, but the packaging has some drawbacks.
Victoria S.
Victoria S.

I've been using bad to the bronze since it first came out! It is the most perfect taupey bronze color. I use it as an everyday look but, I just recently picked up a cranberry color (I can't think of the name right now) and it is GORGEOUS!!! I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about it but I actually really love the way it looks on the lid and a little below the eye. The formula of this product is one of my favorite! It's so creamy and pigmented the moment it touches the lid! USE WITH A PRIMER. It Will crease if you don't. But it's very very long wear and they have a pretty good collection of colors! I have heard from friends that they have a tendency to dry up in the pot but that's never happened to me personally. Awesome drugstore eye shadow and a lot of product for cheap!
Jakyria G.
Jakyria G.
Port Allen, LA

What I like the most of this product is the pigmentation and the long lasting power. For me, the easiest way to apply these is with fingers because if you use a brush even if it's a synthetic one it will retain most of the product turning out in waist, and I personally find that to be a con, if I'm doing my own makeup is ok but if I'm doing someone else's makeup... As a makeup artist you don't always want to touch your client, or at least you want to avoid as much as possible, that's the point of using brushes. I have tried two shades; tenacious teal and painted purple and I have found that they don't work the same, tenacious teal is way more pigmented and painted purple creases a little bit on me, that's why I give it four out of five.
Angelica R.
Angelica R.

I have two of these eyeshadow. I have Bad to the Bronze and Inked in Pink. For my skin tone, Bad to the Bronze is a perfect everyday shade because it is the perfect bronze without it being overly dark. Some days I wear this alone and it adds an effortless makeup look. On days when I want a little extra, I pair it with some neutral shadows in the crease. With Inked in Pink, I wear for looks when I want to look more fresh faced and colorful. It's a beautiful subtle pop of color that can easily be paired with anything. The best part about these shadows is that they last all day and are even waterproof which can work out great for the summer time. I 100% recommend to try at least one of te shadows from this line.
Claire S.
Claire S.
Chehalis, WA

Barely Branded is the only color I own, but if you buy one, you have to get that shade because it's perfect! I love using this underneath powder eyeshadow and for highlighting my inner corners of my eyes. It lasts very well on it's own but it really brings out the vibrancy of shimmer eyeshadows, especially in a color similar to it. I warm it up a little on the back of my hand to help with the consistency because it's pretty firm. You will lose product if you do this, but a little goes a long way and it goes on more smoothly that way. I would work fast with it (maybe one eye at a time) because it dries very quickly. Great formula and staying power. I have never had a more long lasting cream eyeshadow!
Ashley S.
Ashley S.

These eye shadows rock!  I use them as a nice sticky base every day.  I use Barely Branded most days when I use my more neutral palettes or when I just don't feel like or have the to choose one for a specific look or effect I might want.  Too Cool is great to use to enhance really really bright eye shadows, similar to Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil in "Milk."  So if you can't find the Nyx then Too Cool works just as great.  I also love to use Bold Gold and Bad to the Bronze under shades from the bareMinerals Nude Beach palette.  They really seem to amp up those colors.  These cream eye shadows are just awesome overall and I really wish Maybelline would come out with some new shades.  My collection isn't big enough lol.
Nicole K.
Nicole K.
Deland, FL

Should you wet your brush ten apply? I've tried it but i don't know?
Candace S.
Candace S.
Barton , VT

Can you use this and powdered eye shadow togeteher???
Victoria G.
Victoria G.
Annandale, NJ

Favorite color?
Tati C.
Tati C.

I haven't purchased any of these, but I would like to. What color would you recommend since I'm just getting into these?
Danielle D.
Danielle D.

I really really really want this but I'm scared that this will make I sensitive skin breakout... Anybody with sensitive skin tried this???

Join Now