Add a Photo
Photos (309)
Jamie J.
Jamie J.

I have a lot of problems with eye makeup getting into my eyes and making my contacts hurt or cause blurry vision. These shadows are great especially when I am getting ready in a hurry because they apply so easily (you can use a brush but I prefer to use my ring finger to put it all over the lid and then clean up/blend before it sets with a brush. Once they set they're not moving and running into my eyes. They constitute a base for any other shadow you may want to add. I haven't really worn a very involved eye look with this but so far I've had no problems with running into my eyes or fading when I used one of these as the allover lid color. You can also leave it as is without any other shadow or liner and just put mascara. This color especially makes you look more awake and brightens up your face.
Actually I was not sure this color would work on me. The pink is not as bright as the stock image here. It's a bit lighter. I wouldn't have bought it but I saw swatches online that led me to give it a chance. I am fair (about an NW15 in Mac) with dark hair and dark green eyes and sometimes pinks look weird on me. This shade is pink but not overly so and I can wear it without looking frosty and weird on my cool tone skin.
Rebecca S.
Rebecca S.
North Haven , Ct

I have this in silver.

It's not mushy like the picture here would suggest--at least mine isn't. I've used it a handful of times, but you wouldn't be able to tell by looking at the top of the shadow. Maybe that's a good thing, or maybe that's a negative because it makes the shadow more difficult to apply.

I like the color. I was in the market for a silvery, glittery eyeshadow, and this does better than most. Others were overwhelming, but this is subtle, and gives me the angelic look I was going for. Not sparkly in a gaudy way, either.

my main qualm: how on earth is one intended to apply this?! I've tried brushes and eye applicators. My finger works best, but not very well. It takes a while to get the shadow to be even. Then it takes a while for me to remove the shadow from the places I didn't want it to go, like the crease of my lid. Is there a method I'm missing?
Jamie Rose S.
Jamie Rose S.

Nathaly A.
Nathaly A.

I am in LOVE with this stuff! Prior to cream eyeshadow trend, this was pretty much the only makeup brand marketing this type of eyeshadow. Needlessto say maybelline color tattoo was my first cream eyeshadow purchase and there would be many more after. I love the formula on these cream/pomade shadows, it's not too wet, it's in between and it's goes on perfectly with just applying it using your fingers. I like that you can use these for a variety of things, such as a base for bolder eye looks or in addition to powder shadows. And last but not least, the shade range is so wide that there are options to create that one of a kind unique look, whether it be bold, neutral or a mixture, maybelline provides the tools and your the canvas. I highly recommend maybelline color tattoo cream shadows, they are highly affordable and great quality, you won't be disappointed!
Julia L.
Julia L.
Bloomington, IL

I really, really like these cream eyeshadows. I use them as a base for my powder eyeshadows in order to add warmth, dimension, and stronger color. They help the powder shadows last all day! My only complaint is the packaging--the glass is very bulky and can be a bit difficult to store. Once you use more product, it becomes increasingly difficult to dip a finger or brush in the product in order to apply it correctly. Additionally, I would not recommend purchasing several colors of this product. Unless if you're using them everyday, you won't get much use out of the product because the cream shadows can dry up and do not revive easily. Maybelline recently released the Color Tattoo cream eyeshadow in a stick formula, and I find that it is the exact same product just in better packaging. Ultimately, it's a great product, but the packaging has some drawbacks.
Caitlin G.
Caitlin G.
Winnipeg, Manitoba

Oh my goodness. I cannot tell you how much I seriously love every single one of these colors! I have them all. They are soooo long lasting, so the name "Color Tattoo" is so fitting. They are waterproof, to get these off your eyes use an oil based makeup remover. These are sooo pigmented, every single color is phenomenal. So beautiful. They're great to use on its own or putting a powder shadow on top and it helps intensify everything! You do not have to reapply at all! Itll last, trust me. If these dry out, put 1-2 drops of beauty oil and mix it and BOOM, good as new. Not only are these long wearing and pigmented, they are so easy to blend out. The formula is not crumbly, its very creamy and doesn't crease or clump on the eyes! You can easily build up the color to make it even more intense too. WHAT MORE CAN I SAY??? 10000% RECOMMEND TO EVERYONE.
Amanda L.
Amanda L.

I usually don't wear cream eyeshadows but these cream eyeshadows are amazing! They blend out really easily and I always get compliments on my makeup when I have these on. I usually wear the shade "Bad to the Bronze" and it is the perfect bronzey eyeshadow for everyday. I own 4 different shades and they are all so pigmented and easy to blend. They last all day on the lids and they don't crease on me.

I love using these cream eyeshadows for an easy effortless eye look. It is so easy to just swipe these onto my eyelids for a effortless everyday look, and if I feel like wearing a smokey eye I will usually just go in with a matte chocolate brown in my crease and apply "Bad to the Bronze" on the lid. I recommend applying these with your fingers because they eyeshadow can look a little patchy when you use a brush. Will repurchase this when I run out.
Vanja C.
Vanja C.
Mellieha, Santa Maria state

Hm, my toughts of this product are twisted. I have it in shade 20 - Turquoise Forever and I am amzed with the shade. At first I was really happy with it, it was soft and easy to apply and really really long lasting. I could apply it with my finger or with a bush and blend it nicely. Then, after a short time, it became a little bit more firm and I could only apply it with a strong brush and use it as an eye-liner. I could not blend it at all. And now, it it so strong that I can not use it at all, and I haven't used even a 20% of it and I can throw it away. So sad. :( Anyways, I used to wear it on the beach, swimm with it and would allways stay in place. I didn't even used my mascara, but it gave my eyes a nice shape and made them pop out. It was my favorite, but can not use it anymore.
Victoria S.
Victoria S.

I've been using bad to the bronze since it first came out! It is the most perfect taupey bronze color. I use it as an everyday look but, I just recently picked up a cranberry color (I can't think of the name right now) and it is GORGEOUS!!! I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about it but I actually really love the way it looks on the lid and a little below the eye. The formula of this product is one of my favorite! It's so creamy and pigmented the moment it touches the lid! USE WITH A PRIMER. It Will crease if you don't. But it's very very long wear and they have a pretty good collection of colors! I have heard from friends that they have a tendency to dry up in the pot but that's never happened to me personally. Awesome drugstore eye shadow and a lot of product for cheap!
Enmanuel G.
Enmanuel G.
Carabobo

What I like the most of this product is the pigmentation and the long lasting power. For me, the easiest way to apply these is with fingers because if you use a brush even if it's a synthetic one it will retain most of the product turning out in waist, and I personally find that to be a con, if I'm doing my own makeup is ok but if I'm doing someone else's makeup... As a makeup artist you don't always want to touch your client, or at least you want to avoid as much as possible, that's the point of using brushes. I have tried two shades; tenacious teal and painted purple and I have found that they don't work the same, tenacious teal is way more pigmented and painted purple creases a little bit on me, that's why I give it four out of five.
Nicole K.
Nicole K.
Deland, FL

Should you wet your brush ten apply? I've tried it but i don't know?
Candace S.
Candace S.
Barton, VT

Can you use this and powdered eye shadow togeteher???
Victoria G.
Victoria G.
Annandale, NJ

Favorite color?
Tati C.
Tati C.

I haven't purchased any of these, but I would like to. What color would you recommend since I'm just getting into these?
Danielle D.
Danielle D.

I really really really want this but I'm scared that this will make I sensitive skin breakout... Anybody with sensitive skin tried this???

Join Now