Add a Photo
Photos (334)
Jamie J.
Jamie J.
I have a lot of problems with eye makeup getting into my eyes and making my contacts hurt or cause blurry vision. These shadows are great especially when I am getting ready in a hurry because they apply so easily (you can use a brush but I prefer to use my ring finger to put it all over the lid and then clean up/blend before it sets with a brush. Once they set they're not moving and running into my eyes. They constitute a base for any other shadow you may want to add. I haven't really worn a very involved eye look with this but so far I've had no problems with running into my eyes or fading when I used one of these as the allover lid color. You can also leave it as is without any other shadow or liner and just put mascara. This color especially makes you look more awake and brightens up your face.
Actually I was not sure this color would work on me. The pink is not as bright as the stock image here. It's a bit lighter. I wouldn't have bought it but I saw swatches online that led me to give it a chance. I am fair (about an NW15 in Mac) with dark hair and dark green eyes and sometimes pinks look weird on me. This shade is pink but not overly so and I can wear it without looking frosty and weird on my cool tone skin.
Rebecca S.
Rebecca S.
New London, CT
I have this in silver.

It's not mushy like the picture here would suggest--at least mine isn't. I've used it a handful of times, but you wouldn't be able to tell by looking at the top of the shadow. Maybe that's a good thing, or maybe that's a negative because it makes the shadow more difficult to apply.

I like the color. I was in the market for a silvery, glittery eyeshadow, and this does better than most. Others were overwhelming, but this is subtle, and gives me the angelic look I was going for. Not sparkly in a gaudy way, either.

my main qualm: how on earth is one intended to apply this?! I've tried brushes and eye applicators. My finger works best, but not very well. It takes a while to get the shadow to be even. Then it takes a while for me to remove the shadow from the places I didn't want it to go, like the crease of my lid. Is there a method I'm missing?
Jamie Rose S.
Jamie Rose S.
I am in LOVE with this stuff! Prior to cream eyeshadow trend, this was pretty much the only makeup brand marketing this type of eyeshadow. Needless
to say maybelline color tattoo was my first cream eyeshadow purchase and there would be many more after. I love the formula on these cream/pomade shadows, it's not too wet, it's in between and it's goes on perfectly with just applying it using your fingers. I like that you can use these for a variety of things, such as a base for bolder eye looks or in addition to powder shadows. And last but not least, the shade range is so wide that there are options to create that one of a kind unique look, whether it be bold, neutral or a mixture, maybelline provides the tools and your the canvas. I highly recommend maybelline color tattoo cream shadows, they are highly affordable and great quality, you won't be disappointed!
Julia L.
Julia L.
Bloomington , IL
I really, really like these cream eyeshadows. I use them as a base for my powder eyeshadows in order to add warmth, dimension, and stronger color. They help the powder shadows last all day! My only complaint is the packaging--the glass is very bulky and can be a bit difficult to store. Once you use more product, it becomes increasingly difficult to dip a finger or brush in the product in order to apply it correctly. Additionally, I would not recommend purchasing several colors of this product. Unless if you're using them everyday, you won't get much use out of the product because the cream shadows can dry up and do not revive easily. Maybelline recently released the Color Tattoo cream eyeshadow in a stick formula, and I find that it is the exact same product just in better packaging. Ultimately, it's a great product, but the packaging has some drawbacks.
Rachelle B.
Rachelle B.
La Mirada, CA
Barely Branded is the only color I own, but if you buy one, you have to get that shade because it's perfect! I love using this underneath powder eyeshadow and for highlighting my inner corners of my eyes. It lasts very well on it's own but it really brings out the vibrancy of shimmer eyeshadows, especially in a color similar to it. I warm it up a little on the back of my hand to help with the consistency because it's pretty firm. You will lose product if you do this, but a little goes a long way and it goes on more smoothly that way. I would work fast with it (maybe one eye at a time) because it dries very quickly. Great formula and staying power. I have never had a more long lasting cream eyeshadow!
Isabelle C.
Isabelle C.
Jackson, MI
Let's talk about HOLY GRAIL, put it in your top drawer, pull it out every day and use it type of glorious finds, because this right here is awesome. I have three shades from this, the painted purple, tenacious teal and bad to the bronze and I love them all. They're incredibly layerable and you can go softer or more intense. I'm so in love with these it's not even funny. Put some powder eyeshadow over them or wear them alone, whatever floats your boat, I think these will work for you. Applying them with your fingers will probably work better than a brush, but I've done both and enjoyed them seriously well. If you're trying to make up your mind here, I say with all seriousness - JUST DO IT.
Joanita Y.
Joanita Y.
Haverhill, MA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love these Color Tattoos. I find some of them are not as creamy as others, therefore a bit difficult to apply. But once you get it on, it stays on all day. Most shades are creamy and apply easily with either your finger or a brush. These can be worn as a base or by themselves. As a base, they really do help your eye shadow to POP! Especially, with bright colors. My favorite colors are Nude Pink, Bad to the Bronze, Vintage Plum, Matte Brown and Tenacious Teal. I purchased these as an alternative to MAC's Paint Pot. I'll admit, I've never actually used MAC's Paint Pot but these work and they work well. The Color Tattoos are definitely my go to for eye shadow bases.
Christine H.
Christine H.
Sacramento, CA
These are great eyeshadows! They're so pigmented, you practically don't even need an eyeshadow primer (unless your eyelids tend to be oily - in which case, do use a primer to keep the eyeshadow from slipping)! I like using Creamy Beige and Tough in Taupe, either by themselves or together, to contour my eyes. To do this, I take a crease eyeshadow brush (like Revlon's) and sweep some of the color onto my crease (keep your eyes open for this so you can see where your crease is). Because these eyeshadows are so pigmented, you only need a little bit, and the color lasts all day! Great for light eye contouring or more dramatic looks. I definitely recommend these shadows!
Christina C.
Christina C.
Smyrna, TN
I have not used this particular color, but i do have the one in purple, and let me say, i didn't like this cream shadow at all. It takes many applications of this just to make the color pop like its supposed to. After an hour or two of wear, it starts to fade and then you have lines of darker pigment and lighter pigments. It does not last long at all, and i am definitely not a fan of this at all. Oh yea, and for the humane conscious people out there..bet you didn't know Maybelline tests their products on animals did you? Yep, they sure do, so next time you think of buying a Maybelline product, think about all the innocent animals they test these products on.
caroline b.
caroline b.
These shadows are super creamy although I have a tough time blending some. In particular, Dramatic Black was sticker than the other shades, and wasn't really blendable at all. I found it was easier to apply a light wash with my fingers, rather than a brush. Once these dry, they are super set in place. The colors are gorgeous, and they're super cheap at around $5.50. I have Inked in Pink, a shimmery light pink, Barely Branded, a shimmer champagne, Bad to the Bronze, a shimmery darker brown and Dramatic Black which is a matte black. Swatches are Dramatic Black, Barely Branded, and Inked in Pink from left to right in natural light and flash.
Nicole K.
Nicole K.
Deland, FL
Should you wet your brush ten apply? I've tried it but i don't know?
Candace S.
Candace S.
Barton , VT
Can you use this and powdered eye shadow togeteher???
Victoria G.
Victoria G.
Annandale, NJ
Favorite color?
Tati C.
Tati C.
I haven't purchased any of these, but I would like to. What color would you recommend since I'm just getting into these?
Danielle D.
Danielle D.
I really really really want this but I'm scared that this will make I sensitive skin breakout... Anybody with sensitive skin tried this???