12 colors available

BY MAYBELLINE NEW YORK

Maybelline's first soft-matte hydrating foundation: no drying, no roughness. Feels fresh as it covers.

• Aqua / Water / Eau

• CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide
  • CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides

• Is it good for dry skin?? And does it cover imperfections?3 Answers
  • Does this foundation dry out your skin/cling to dry areas?6 Answers
  • For anyone who has tried this is it cakey at all? Does it come off ...4 Answers
Kai H.
Kai H.
Review for: Coconut
So I have a really oily t-zone and I was super excited to try this foundation because of the moisturizing aspect of it.

Pros:
-The finish: my goodness the finish is amazing! When you finish applying it and let it sit its definitely my favorite finish of all of my foundations (Lancome, Mac, Clinque, etc.) It really is a soft matte and really makes you look airbrushed without being fake
-The texture: the whipped mouse texture is amazing! Its light on the skin and you really don't feel it at all
-The color: I really believe this is their darkest 95 coconut. I usually just barely fit the coconut colors (which are usually the darkest they have), putting this on matched me reaallllyyyyy well

Cons:
-What killed me with this foundation is that it reallyyyyyy breaks down at the end of the day. Like I van't wear this foundation for more than a few hours. After about 4-5 hours it started to break down and separate on my face leaving a whiteish cast on my lower face. The best way I can describe it is like when you melt butter and the fat separates from it. That's what it looked like on my face. It completely killed this foundation for me. What really surprised me is that it broke down in my dry spots, so that confused me even more.
Allie V.
Allie V.
Zeeland, MI
This foundation just wasn't for me. I had heard a lot of things about it, so I decided to try it. I purchased mine at Target, but I can't remember how much I paid. $10 maybe. It definitely was not overly priced for a drugstore foundation.

The packaging is good. I like when foundations come in a squeeze tube so you can get as much of the product out as possible.

The formula is very mousse-y, so a little bit can go a long way. I didn't find it nearly as easy to blend into my skin as other drugstore foundations I own. The specific shade I purchased had a very strong red undertone, which I wasn't really expecting from "classic ivory". There are just so many other drugstore foundations I prefer. I have combination skin, and it just didn't work for me.

I think for people who really desire a matte look, you could give this a try and see if it works for you. Overall, I think there are better Maybelline foundations out there (like the Fit Me line) that I would recommend over this product.
Ashley C.
Ashley C.
Review for: Sandy Beige
So many long descriptive reviews on this foundation already I will try to keep mine short, sweet, and to the point.

The packaging on this foundation is great, I love squeeze tube or pump foundations, however that is the only great thing about this foundation.

The texture of this foundation reminded me of the dream matte mousse foundation that comes in a jar, and just like that foundation I do not care for this. In fact it may even be the same product.

This foundation sits on the skin and leaves behind a very oily residue. I have normal/oily skin and when wearing this foundation the oil just intensified. There also was not a lot of staying power. I noticed this foundation breaking up and separating within a few hours of wear. The biggest concern for me regarding this foundation is how it doesn't set, even with powder, if you touch your face at all it will just come off onto your hands. It was a big mess. Having thrown this product away, I would definitely not repurchase it.
Jennifer S.
Jennifer S.
Review for: Porcelain Ivory
I finally purchased this foundation after debating about it for a few weeks. Initially I was unsure of which shade to buy since there are two Porcelain shades, but I ended up with Porcelain Ivory, which turned out to be absolutely perfect. I have been using Maybelline's Fit Me foundation in Porcelain for the past few years but it wasn't a total match to my skin, a tad too yellow, so I'm glad I finally switched it up and tried this Dream Velvet foundation because it's fair enough without being too orange or yellow like some other light shades. I really like the coverage of this more than the Fit Me; I only need a thin layer of this foundation and it literally covers everything. I'm always wary of using matte foundations because I have dry skin and I worry about them looking cakey, but as long as I moisturize and prime my skin first, this foundation looks great and doesn't accentuate the dryness. This has become my new daily foundation from now on!
Adrien M.
Adrien M.
Arlington, TX
Review for: Nude
Still testing this foundation but so far I am super impressed! I've always liked Maybelline and it was the first brand of makeup I started wearing. I took a break for awhile but as soon as this foundation came out I knew I had to get my hands on it! I live in Texas and with the approaching summer heat I was also looking for a foundation that would hold up throughout the day (as well as for a wedding I am in). I have combination/oily skin and am not a fan of the completely matte look. This foundation gives a satin matte finish and so far I have only used it with an E.L.F. Buffing brush but I LOVE the application with it and the finish. It is a mousse-y consistency but in my opinion is easily blendable. After 6 hours of wear I only noticed some oil peeking through around my nose but that is normal for me. This is an affordable foundation that gives a beautiful finish so yes I would definitely recommend.
Yennifer R.
Yennifer R.
Okay so I had high hopes for this product,mostly because maybelline fit me mat was so great. When I first applied the product it felt incredible i had my primer on and then set it with powder and settings stray. When I first applied it it had been full coverage and my perfect skin tone. After about 4 hours of wearing it my sister tells me how I had gotten some breakout and the foundation looked terrible so I went to the bathroom to check. The foundation had become extremely cakey, It creased, and made me get three not one but three new breakouts that I didn't have before applying. It also came off extremely easy, I pat my face with my hand and it was as if my face had just been wiped away with one hand. Even tho the foundation we very light weight and was fairly full coverage it do not wear well throughout the day so I do not recommend this product.
Lorey B.
Lorey B.
Clemson, SC
When I first heard about this foundation, I immediately wondered how it would compare to my current high end foundation (Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation). I need a full coverage foundation to smooth out my various imperfections and find it difficult to use a lot of different consistencies of foundation due to it either breaking me out, breaking down due to the natural skin oils, oxidizing, or just wearing off too soon. Luckily, this foundation does none of those things! The shade is a perfect match for my skin and lasts throughout my day. I don't even need to set it with a powder as I typically do with my makeup, it actually gives me that dewey glow without looking oily or greasy. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone looking to save a little money but still look fabulous wit a trusted makeup brand.
Kelly C.
Kelly C.
Review for: Porcelain Ivory
I don’t have a ton of experience with Maybelline’s foundations, I’ve only ever tried the BB cream but this new released foundation from Maybelline is quite good. It’s a medium to full coverage foundation that makes my skin look almost flawless. It’s a whipped foundation that accompanied with the beauty blender that they made, cool, creamy and hydrated but has a nice soft matte finish. Not super drying but it does get drier with powder. It also comes in twelve different shades both warm and cool although the darker shades are unfortunately lacking. The blender tool that they sell with it is designed more to smear the foundation onto your skin but while that doesn’t sound like it would work I find that it actually works fantastically. I think this a very good foundation and I would definitely recommended it.
Reni C.
Reni C.
Encino, CA
Review for: Natural Beige
The packaging of the product is nothing special, just a regular tube like many foundations. The price point is good, seems smaller than L'Oreal Visible Lift Foundation tube though. They have several colors but seems off from actual description. I bought 75 (natural beige) but it is lighter than my skin, however, I made it work by using a darker powder. It has a mousse texture which feels nice and soft. This product is a FAIL for me. I tried it for a good two weeks and almost every time, the product moves or slips on my face as the day goes on. I use a setting spray and I do not have oily skin, but it still gets patchy. I have tried it with a matte primer and I still get the same results. I also find it harder to blend using a Beauty Blender. I have to blend it for a while to achieve an even application.
Ciara B.
Ciara B.
Little Town On The Boarder, USA
I cannot write enough good things about this product! I'm a red head with very fair pink skin, and their warm porcelain is perfect! This is the first time I haven't looked white or had a problem blending it down to my neck. It went on super easy, and my skin is feeling good. I have rosacea and combination skin, and this takes care of all my problems. I did apply it using a brush, and compared to using my fingers it does go on easier. I find that as long as I keep my brushes clean and I don't use my fingers to touch the opening the product comes out, I dont have any issues with acne. It has buildable coverage which makes it my holy Grail of foundation, and I have already recommended this to my family and friends who have similar results. I included my results with a before and after picture.
Kara K.
Kara K.
Canada
Is this foundation good for dry skin? is it hydrating?
So I've been debating wether or not I should get this. I've seen good reviews and bad reviews about it. I just want to know does it last all day? Is it comfortable on the skin?
Jenni S.
Jenni S.
Bridgeport, NY
Does this foundation dry out your skin/cling to dry areas?
Maria C.
Maria C.
Bellport, NY
Does this foundation work good with dry skin?
Jenna C.
Jenna C.
Dandridge, TN
I'm looking for a good coverage but natural looking. I have dry skin with some large pores. Would this be good for me to try?