BY MAYBELLINE

Maybelline's first soft-matte hydrating foundation: no drying, no roughness. Feels fresh as it covers.

• Aqua / Water / Eau

• Is it good for dry skin?? And does it cover imperfections?3 Answers
  • Does this foundation dry out your skin/cling to dry areas?6 Answers
Josephine B.
Lawrence, KS
I started using this when my favorite foundation was discontinued (the Maybelline Fluid Touch foundation- AMAZING :() because i’m a fab of light weight and light coverage foundation to just even out redness and under eye bags. I like this foundation a lot and it blends really easily along the skin the only issue I find is that it struggles to blend with some concealers and the pale shades come off more pink, I wish they had a more yellow undertone.
tiani_shaw S.
Virginia Beach
Purchased at: Walmart
Review for: Coconut more...
This foundation I bought when I first got into makeup and it’s good but not buying again anytime soon. The foundation is good for light coverage but I wish it had more shade ranges. Maybelline Dream Velvet™ Foundation
Makeup F.
This blended out like a dream and has been the closest to my skin tone that I've ever come across in a foundation. My biggest problem with this product (other than the small shade range of course) Maybelline Dream Velvet™ Foundation is the wear time. It's absolutely horrendous! No matter what I use this stuff won't last more than two hours on me (and that's pushing it!) I quicky turn into a greasy, cakey MESS. But the intitial application is to die for. I really wish I could make it work, but there's just no use. I had to toss it.
Abbey N.
Scotia, NY
Review for: Classic Ivory more...
Ok SO, I'm definitely not one to spend a lot of money on foundation. I never know what my skin will be doing that day so I am constantly needing variety of what I can put on my face. That being said, Dream Velvet is one of my favorite foundations for when my skin is behaving and not being too oily and annoying.

It's a little bit on the more expensive end for drug store foundation, but it comes out in like a lotion-y mousse texture, so you only need a liiiiiiittle bit to cover your whole face. These tubes can last me a few months easy.

I always have the pale-est of pale skin so I always find myself having ot purchase the lightest of all foundations, and then they give me a weird ghosty-white look. This foundation isn't just light, it also has natural skin tones to it that blend well with my skin and don't leave me looking like the dracula that I am in real life.

I would highly recommend this foundation to someone with skin more on the dry end of the spectrum. If used with a good setting spray, this foundation will easily give you great coverage all day.
Corinalicia G.
Provo, UT
Review for: Caramel more...
I went to Walmart today and I picked this up it's made from Maybelline New York it's dream velvet it's a soft matte hydrating foundation and 92 caramel and believe it or not I got it for a dollar and I tried it okay I opened it I tried it in Walmart and I like it so her a Walmart I was going to pick up another one but they didn't have another one so I picked up another brand and I'm going to do a review on that one too but I really like it you know I've been using the fit by Maybelline and this is good I do have to say thank you Walmart
Sarah C.
Douglasville , GA
Purchased at: CVS
Review for: Maybelline Dream Velvet Soft Matte Hydrating Foundation, Natural Beige #75 (Pack of 4) + Makeup Blender Stick, 12 Pcs more...
I’m not sure if I just could never get the hang of this foundation and the best way to apply it, but this is so incredibly thick and a touch hard to blend. Coverage seems patchy because of it.
Mary Katherine P.
State Univ, AR
This is one of my favorite store brand foundations... I have used it several times throughout the years and it has always been good to me. I do prefer high end foundation the best and always think that expensive foundation looks better... but this works well for a store brand. It has a smooth texture and blends very well to give you full coverage. It lasts a while, but not as long as I would like... I start to get oily by the end of the day.
Nicole Z.
Morning View, KY
I think the reason why I keep using this is that it blends really well and was an affordable foundation from the drugstore. I feel like after using it for several months, it's a problematic fave.

I used a blending brush to blend it for a while, but I now prefer using my Real Techniques Miracle complexion sponge to blend it. I recommend using a blending sponge for this product because it looks beautiful when blended with a sponge.

The product also lives up to its name, as it is a velvet matte finish. If you have dry skin, you might like this. I wear the shade "05: Warm Porcelain."

However, after a while, it sinks into my smile lines. Also, as someone with oily/combination skin, this foundation doesn't help keep my oil away because my face becomes really oily & shiny after only about 2 hours of wearing it.

You have to build it up to get medium to full coverage. Although it says in its description that it's medium to full coverage, I think that it's more light to medium coverage.

I'll keep using it because it was affordable and it matches my pale skin and blends well, but I'm also going to keep an eye out for a better option at the drugstore.
Elizabeth B.
Chapel Hill, NC
Review for: Porcelain Ivory more...
I actually love the odd, thick texture of this foundation. You've got to work quickly though because it does stick and dry fast. It does leave a super soft, smooth appearance (and even touch). However, shade range is awful. Porcelain ivory was pure pink, and the next one up was pure orange on me. Some lighter neutrals would be great (and I'm sure the shades could be expanded on the other end of the spectrum as well).
Amy M.
Jermyn, PA
I had high hopes for this product but it didn't live up to my expectations. I tried applying it several different ways (with a sponge and with a brush). No matter what way I used the product it seemed to always break up on me half way trough the day and looked terrible. I guess if you are looking for a foundation that you only have to wear for a few hours this is a good one for you.
Alana L.
What’s the WORST makeup product you’ve ever used? For me it’s Maybelline Dream Velvet™ Foundation
M J.
Magnetawan, ON
Is it better to apply this foundation with a beauty blender or a brush?
Kara K.
Airdrie, AB
Is this foundation good for dry skin? is it hydrating?
So I've been debating wether or not I should get this. I've seen good reviews and bad reviews about it. I just want to know does it last all day? Is it comfortable on the skin?
Jenni S.
Bridgeport, NY
Does this foundation dry out your skin/cling to dry areas?

Amazon