MakeupMaybelline

Maybelline’s first soft-matte hydrating foundation. Dream Velvet gives skin a smooth matte finish without any drying or roughness. This luxurious, gel-whipped formula is infused with water and feels fresh as it covers. Wet and towel dry for less...

No one has asked a question yet! Be the first!
+ Ask a question
Start your review of Maybelline Dream Velvet Soft Matte Hydrating Foundation, Pure Beige #70 (Pack of 2) + Eyebrow Ruler!
Roxanne D.
Clermont
Purchased at: Walgreens
Review for: Maybelline Dream Velvet Soft-Matte Hydrating Foundation, #90 Honey Beige (Pack of 2) + Eyebrow Ruler
Today I am going to review Maybellines Dream Velvet Soft Matte Hydrating Foundation. It claims that it does not dry, it does not leave your face rough, and that it feels fresh as it covers. It also says that it hydrates the skin for 12 hours and delivers a soft matte finish for a velvety smooth finish. I do have to say that it gives you great coverage but it felt very pasty on my skin and when it dried it dried like hard cement and, it felt like I had layers and layers of make up on and, it also looked that way. Now, maybe I put too much on but I’ve used other products and I’ve put more than normal for more coverage and they have never dried like hard cement, God for bid if I had an itch on my face or rubbed my face because it would’ve left the foundation on my face very scaly, with a big hole. After about two hours of having it on, when I got home my face was extremely oily and I do not have oily skin...EVER! And let’s talk a minute about pours, the make up foundation left my pores look like they were huge and I really didn’t like that. Also Maybelline says that it is a matte product and the way it left my skin it is far from matte. I’m going to admit that I did not buy the correct color, the color that I bought was very dark for my skin so it left me looking like the rest of me was white and my face was tan so at some point I may give this another try with a color that is closer to my skin. What I do love is that Maybelline has put out a very nice selection of different shades of this foundation so I’m going to have to be more careful in matching it with my face skin. The reason I’m giving it another try is because I usually like Maybelline products and I don’t want to do it an injustice.
Ara J.
This foundation is so smooth on the skin and has such a matte and dewy finish it makes my skin looks so good and is light weight with good coverage

Looking for your answer?