Tati C.
Tati C.

I have never used a bb cream before, but I have been looking into the Garnier one. Are bb creams meant for people with oily/acne prone skin? Are you supposed to use a powder over this? What is the difference between this bb cream and the Garnier bb cream?
Hunter J.
Hunter J.
Sept. 25, 2016, 3:34 p.m.
With almost all foundation you should apply a powder over it just to help set it and absorb excess oils. I didn't find this to really help my skin or make it worse. So not a bad thing, but also not helpful per se
Natalie C.
Natalie C.
June 25, 2016, 6:39 p.m.
I've previously used the Garnier bb cream but stopped because it felt to greasy for me. This one was my next try, and it's perfect for my skin.
Brandy T.
Brandy T.
June 29, 2013, 4:11 p.m.
I have used this one and didn't really care for it that much...to me it was invisible. I have used the garnier one yet. I'm currently using the cover girl bb cream which has the spf15 my skin looks flawless. I have a combination skin and the cover girl bb cream works great.
Taylor N.
Taylor N.
March 11, 2013, 7:40 p.m.
This bb cream is extremely moisturizing. I don't even use moisturizer when I'm wearing this. I tend to have dry skin so I love it, but if your skin is on the oily side you might not like it.
Alicia T.
Alicia T.
Feb. 5, 2013, 2:55 p.m.
Make sure that whatever product you use on your face is non comedogenic (meaning it won't clog your pores). Most of them are
Ashley F.
Ashley F.
Dec. 5, 2012, 5:08 p.m.
Although BB Cream stands for Blemish Balm in Asia, the western BB creams (called Beauty Balms) are a lot different. They are not as beneficial for your skin and aren't an "All-in-1" product. Now when I say they aren't as beneficial for your skin I don't mean they are bad for your skin. I think this is a great product even if it is not really like its Asian counterpart. However, I would not recommend this one for you. If you have oily skin this could make your face look and feel even oilier due to the fact that it has a moisturizer AND an SPF. The Garnier BB Cream would be better than this one for you because it does not have an SPF which cuts the shiny/oilyness considerable. So you could try that one but overall I wouldn't really recommend a BB cream to you at all. I think you'll just find yourself blotting your face after 3-4 hours because it's gotten too shiny/greasy. Good luck. :)
Melissa L.
Melissa L.
Nov. 23, 2012, 6:49 a.m.
This one made me breakout like crazy especially on my chin, had to stop using it because of this!!
Catherine D.
Catherine D.
Nov. 18, 2012, 2:36 p.m.
Hi tati! You should probabbly go for the Garnier one cause the Maybelline one make my skin more oily. And I think you should put powder over it, especially if you have an oily skin.
Dan F.
Dan F.
Oct. 31, 2012, 10:03 a.m.
I recommend you the Garnier one because they have a special one for oily skin. Yes, it's better to use a powder over it. The Garnier smell better and i like it more:)
Erica M.
Erica M.
Oct. 28, 2012, 3:57 p.m.
I would recommend the Loreal BB cream which is the one I use. Much less greasy than the Covergirl and Garnier BB creams with a bit more coverage. I use a powder for oil control on top.
Lauren M.
Lauren M.
Oct. 27, 2012, 12:19 p.m.
The BB cream is highly moisturizing, therefore I don't think it would be good if you have oily skin. And when It comes to the powder over it, I do. It helps to set it and cut down on the oil.
Carla P.
Carla P.
Oct. 26, 2012, 12:25 p.m.
I actually purchased this BBcream and may I say I've only used it a couple times. I rather prefer foundation. This made me break out. At first I didn't know why I was breaking out and now I do. So if you do have acne you might not want to try this one. Their are better ones out there.
Brianna A.
Brianna A.
Oct. 25, 2012, 11:10 p.m.
Bb creams are fine for acne prone skin but just know that the bb creams in america are basically just tinted moisturizers, if you want to try a real one get an asian one.
Gabrielle U.
Gabrielle U.
Oct. 24, 2012, 5:23 p.m.
If you have oily skin (like I do) I would highly recommend not getting this BB cream and going for the Garnier one instead. This one is way too greasy. Also, really oily skin will get greasy no matter what, so you should always use a powder (like Bare Minerals) over it. Also, carry around blotting sheets- they help SO MUCH!
Brianna M.
Brianna M.
Oct. 23, 2012, 9:32 p.m.
BB creams are great for acne-prone skin, because the ingredients actually help it and don't clog your pores. I have never tried the Garnier BB cream, but I absolutely LOVE this one. I don't have super bad skin, so I just use this and some concealer to get a nice, light coverage. I personally set it with powder (Maybelline Dream Matte Pressed Powder), but it's really up to the individual.
Elizabeth B.
Elizabeth B.
Oct. 23, 2012, 7:23 p.m.
I have acne prone skin and I love this BB cream because I can get coverage without it making me breakout. I saw some serious improvement in my skin tone. I usually would put powder over it just to set it.
Felicia B.
Felicia B.
Oct. 23, 2012, 1:16 p.m.
You can use this and other BB creams if you have acne prone skin. The BB stands for blemish balm so they are usually safe. You can wear it alone or set it a bit with some powder, I usually set with a powder. I feel that the garnier one gives my skin a more even tone than this one and is less oily.

Join Now