Maybelline Dream Matte® Mousse Foundation
Stay matte for 16 hours with this lightweight, medium-to-full coverage formula. Features a shine-free finish that doesn’t feel heavy.
- Dimethicone Crosspolymer
- Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer
- Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil
- Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer
- Silica Dimethyl Silylate
- Phenyl Trimethicone
- Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate
- Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer
- Aluminum Hydroxide
- CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide
- CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides
- CI 77163 / Bismuth Oxychloride
Top Questions See all 236 Q&A
- "- I honestly have great skin: I rarely breakout, get greasy, and have an even skin tone - When I wear this I always get compliments because it covers so well and doesn't look thick." in 57 reviews
- "Generally great coverage, however, if you don't have a great skincare regimen, acne prone skin will most likely see an increase of acne." in 56 reviews
- "I use to wear this foundation when I was in junior high and I gotta say it was something That always go with me, is my favorite leaves my skin soft, but gives me that full coverage and with not looking so dramatic, definetly recommend it" in 46 reviews
- "i do not like the sandy feeling it gives as you rub it on your face and i do not like the fact it doesnt stay very long but it gives you really good coverage! " in 45 reviews
- "I have done so much research trying to find the right drugstore foundation (at the right price) for oily/combination skin." in 29 reviews
MY TAKE 💋
In the photos below I am wearing Maybelline New York Dream Matte Mousse Foundation, in Cocoa, or Dark 3.
I have relatively even skin with spots of discoloration and black spots from acne scars. The Dream Matte Mousse gives me the freedom of attaining that "I woke up like this" look with minimal effort. The makeup is soft, and breathable. I can downplay this makeup with an everyday wear, and I can doll it up for a full coverage slay.
As a young black woman, I'm always searching for a foundation that refrains from leaving my skin looking ashy, or grey. I find this foundation caters to whatever skin tone lies beneath.
Maybelline Dream Nude Airfoam Foundation For less than $20, and yes, now less than $10, this foundation is a steal! This makeup has been a staple in my minimal makeup collection since I graduated high school; I am now a college grad, so I'll let that sink in! I am always looking for a way to maximize my dollars, and this product has done just that!
PRODUCT: Foundation-Maybelline New York Dream Matte Mousse Foundation, in a 0.64 Ounce.
COLOR: Cocoa 130, or Dark 3.
Millennial Finesser: APPROVED
Cons: I dont think this product offers a matte finish. I typically would put a powder over it to make my face not as shiny. Its hard to apply with a beauty blender or brush, so you have to use your hand. Once i put some foundation on my skin, theres still some residue that falls onto my lap, so i wouldnt reccomend putting on the clothes you wanna wear out until after makeup is applied to avoid stains.
Overall: I love this foundation. It can be messy but its super affordable and has great coverage.
Cons: Contains Parabens (cancer chemicals). It made me sick.
I used to use this product a lot in college, and it always did a great job of blending everything perfectly. However, I kept getting sick (mostly tired) and so I stopped using this product, made a big difference. I really think it's something in the ingredients.
Overall if you use it, would definitely recommend using is sparingly, not every day. I've had way better luck with L'Oreal products. :)
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos