BY MAYBELLINE #84 in Liquid Foundation

Complete luminous coverage for fresh-faced perfection.

• Aqua / Water / Eau

Raven T.
Raven T.
Marietta, GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I was initially very hesitant to try this new foundation trend that seems to be going around. I just did not think that the cushion foundation would do the justice of my bottle & brush- tried & true- ones. Was I wrong? Yes.

When I first opened the compact, I was surprised! I did not expect for the cushion and the actual foundation to be separated. The way that the packaging is designed is great, because it allows the product to be in a container of its own. You don't have to worry about it soaking up into the sponge unintentionally. All in this little lightweight compact that can fit in my purse!

I was also concerned about blending the foundation out with a sponge. I was surprised again with how well the dabbing motions works with this product. It is definitely buildable while being lightweight.

Now, I will say that I thought that I mat have gotten the wrong color. Then, I thought that maybe my undertones just did not work will with this foundation. However, I continued to apply all over my face, and after oxidation occurred, it fit my skin perfectly! I have 55 Caramel. I alway set my face with a powder and bronze it up to add color back.

I defiantly would make this a purse staple, so that you can touch up your foundation when you are on the go. At the current price point (plus coupons) at the drugstore, this is easily an affordable product!

Oh, and if you are worried about it being a very small container... don't! A little goes a long way. You just need a light dab to start building up to the coverage you want!

I did received Maybelline Dream Cushion complimentary for testing purposes, but all opinions are my own.

This isn't the first Maybelline product that I've fallen in love with! I love another foundation and the concealers in that line too!
Shelby R.
Shelby R.
Williamstown, KY
I have been very hesitant to try this due to the cushion and it not being in a bottle. I was concerned about bacteria growing in it since it is a different container. If you keep it closed after use I don’t see it posing TOO MUCH of a problem. Just make sure to throw it out within 6 months of it being opened just like any other liquid foundation.

The container is compact and very easy to store in a purse or bag on-the-go.
It comes with a sponge that is dense and spongy; for lack of a better term!

The sponge inside is doused in liquid foundation and you press on it to get the product out and onto the sponge, it is simple and easy to use.

The foundation consistency is not too thick but not to thin either, when it applies, it applies dewy. It is buildable and a medium coverage foundation. It covered up blemishes but didn’t do well covering my under eye area. I used the sponge that came with it and was surprised by how well it applied to my skin.

The foundation went on smoothly and did not oxidize, it wasn’t patchy or bumpy and it went over my pores well. It didn’t enlarge them or make them stand out. I was surprised! Since I didn’t use any primer, only moisturizer, I was expecting my pores to be enlarged looking or have attention brought to them.
After I had applied the foundation, I used my NYX concealer and it blended easily with the foundation, it didn’t patch up at all or oxidize together like some foundations do. Then I set my face with some loose-powder.

I would recommend this foundation to any skin-types due to it’s consistency and blendability. It is a great product for a good price!
I was sent Maybelline Dream Cushion Foundation from influenster.com to review and test out but all opinions are 100% my own!!
Ashley S.
Ashley S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
These types of cushion foundations were super popular overseas. I'm happy to see that American brands have adapted to this type of foundation application.

Travel is a breeze with this compact. It allows you to carry your foundation and an applicator in your purse/makeup bag, without overcrowding.

The coverage of this particular foundation is wonderful, but I find in my dryer spots. it can accentuate them more than my usual foundation does. When wearing this foundation, I find exfoliating and applying my normal skincare routine before applying this foundation to suit me the best.

The only thing I don't like about these cushion foundations are the applicators. I find that they soak up way too much product and don't spread the product evenly on my skin. I ended up having to grab my Beauty Blender to apply and blend this foundation out. It's not as soft as I had hoped it would be, but for on the go touch ups, the applicator is much needed.

If Maybelline were to bottle this foundation, even if that means taking away from the cushion aspect, I would certainly repurchase.

I received the Maybelline Dream Cushion Foundation complementary from Influenster, but all opinions are my own.
Arianna C.
Arianna C.
Maybelline is a little late to the cushion trend as L’Oreal True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation launched for Spring 2016 in drugstores but hey, I don’t mind the wait because the formula is incredible.

As with all cushion foundations, Maybelline Dream Cushion Fresh Face Liquid Foundation comes housed in a double lid chunky compact that contains a mirror. When you open the compact you’ll find a secondary lid that keeps the cushion fresh and secure. I’ve had plenty experience with cushion makeup and I’ve never had issues with them drying out. I find the double lid keeps the cushion fresh. If you’ve never tried cushion makeup before it’s fairly simple. You’ll find a cushion that has a sponge-like feel that’s fit into the compact. This cushion is saturated with foundation and you can press down on it with a brush, a finger, or a the included sponge to release color for application. It’s pretty much a creamy foundation just in a new and different packaging than what you might be used to.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received this from Influenster for free/complimentary for testing purposes, but all opinions are my own. So far so good! I want to continue testing it out, but I'll never forget the first time trying it on. I was amazed because it has full coverage, but felt like I had nothing on my skin! I couldn't get over the feeling. It also covered up anything I wanted covered, but still looked like skin. I've never used a cushion foundation before and am not really a fan of the applicator, so I'm experimenting with a beauty blender and brushes, but I really do love this product so far!!

Update: in love with this for mostly everyday wear! It is buildable so I can build it up for if I go out at night (I even put it in my clutch for touch ups!) I love it for everyday wear because it makes it look like my skin, but better and is so lightweight! As I've used it, I've gotten used to the applicator and think that it is the best way to apply the product for a day look. Love this!!
A2Cosmetics
A2Cosmetics
Review for: Porcelain
I have oily skin, so I was super nervous to try this foundation. I have tried other cushion foundations in the past and they were too oily. This foundation was beautiful! I primed with the Benefit Porefessional Primer and the Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer, and set the foundation with Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Natural 03, as always. It was easy to apply with a Real Techniques Miracle Sponge and it gave medium/full coverage. With a brush you get fuller coverage. You can use the pad to apply it but it's too much work for me. The finish is a demi matte at first and it looked stunning. It touched up with powder okay after 5 hours, it looked a little cakey around my nose. After 9 hours, it broke up around my nose and didn't layer powder very well. If you have oily skin, only wear this foundation for a few hours and it would look great! If you have dry skin, I definitely recommend this foundation. Overall, I was super impressed with the coverage and finish.
Sara P.
Sara P.
I've always wanted to fall in love with cushion foundations, but they always seem to be too sheer and dewy. I love the innovative concept of a cushion foundation! When I first applied the Maybelline Dream Cushion foundation I was pleasantly surprised. I was sent shade 45 and it was SPOT ON...like second skin spot on. It blended beautifully, covered all the imperfections, and was just the right amount of luminous on my dry skin. I of course did a wear test and wore it for 10 hours with a light dusting of RCMA no color powder to set. It didn't break up on me nor did it get shiny. I pretty much looked the same for the first 6 hours. After the 8 hour mark it did start looking a tad bit dark on me, but nothing noticeable to a second person. Overall I give this foundation 2 thumbs up! I will definitely be purchasing a replenishment! This product was sent to me complimentary by Influenster for testing purposes. All opinions are my own.
Selena B.
Selena B.
Beauty Junkie Expert
The color that I received, Medium Beige did not match my skin tone but the foundation itself is of good quality and did liven my skin. The dream cushion does grab hold of the product but if I was seriously using the on-the-go, it would take some time to really properly blend the product into my face and then apply a quick mascara and lip gloss. I think the idea is clever and cute but for my lifestyle, not realistic. I like to do my makeup at home, set it, and just use a little powder on the go if necessary for shine. The dream cushion does move around a lot as well when using the circular motions as instructed on the compact. Overall, the actual foundation is good but the concept fall off for me. However, give it a try on-the-go, as it's marketed and see how it works into your daily life.

I received the Maybelline Dream Cushion complimentary for testing purposes in my Influenster Voxbox, but all opinions are your own.
Caitlyn B.
Caitlyn B.
Wheatfield, IN
The only problem I had with this was the smell was kind of different but not horrible! Other then that I love the dream cushion foundation from Maybelline! It's cute and compact and has a medium coverage that is very workable and you can build on! It's great for on the go and I used Maybellines master prime primer that blurs and smooths!
I was worried that their applicator wouldn't work but I was pleasantly surprised that it blended wonderfully! Thank you Influenster for sending me the product free to review! All these opinions are my own however 😌
I am wearing the Maybelline Master prime primer/base the blue + smooth 100, The maybelline dream cushion in classic ivory, The RCMA setting powder And Mary Kay blush!
❤️😘☺️@Influenster @Maybelline #DreamCushion #ad #voxbox #loveit #influenster #maybelline
Bree R.
Bree R.
Beauty Junkie Expert
So here's my review: I was happy to try this because I love liquid foundation. So liquid foundation on the go made me so happy. No mess and easy to take with you. I normally don't use maybelline foundations. I hate the fit me ones. So I was hoping I would like this. Overall I hate this product. They sent me the color true beige and it matched pretty close. When I put it on my face looked super oily. I was so shiny. The coverage isn't great. I like a full coverage foundation so I wouldn't want to use this anyways. Also there's only 8 shades for this specific product. So there's not many options for you ladies. I swear I used it only twice and my face broke out more than it already has. So I would probably rate it a 1. I received this product to testing purposes. #Dreamcushion was not a hit.
Kylie L.
Kylie L.
Olin, IA
How is this foundation for dry skin? It's a liquid so I would think it would be good but I want to make sure it doesn't clump on dry spots and make it look bad, as my skin it super dry right now .
Jennifer M.
Jennifer M.
Milton, FL
I have been hearing a lot about this Maybelline Dream Cushion, but I'm worried about how thick it might apply. Has anyone tried this yet? Does it apply full coverage? Does it weigh your face down?
Beauty Junkie Expert
Just got this in the VoxBox and my first impression is I really do not like the applicator it comes with. Has anyone tried it with the RT sponge or brush?
Lindsay S.
Lindsay S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
So I would like to try this but have not liked other cushion foundations I have used in the past because they don't have alot of coverage so my question is does this one have coverage?
Gabriela O.
Gabriela O.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is this suitable for people with oily to combo skin?