Maybelline Color Sensational® Vivid Matte Liquid™ Lipstick
Drench your lips in vivid color with a velvety matte finish. Liquid matte lipstick designed with 2X the pigments for intense color.
- Bis-diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2
- Diisostearyl Malate
- Dimethicone Crosspolymer
- Hydrogenated Polyisobutene
- Phenyl Trimethicone
- Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer
- Isostearyl Isostearate
- Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer
- Pentylene Glycol
- Caprylyl Glycol
- Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate
- Aluminum Hydroxide
- Synthetic Fluorphlogopite
- Calcium Sodium Borosilicate
- Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate
- Tin Oxide
- Parfum / Fragrance
- CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake
- CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide
- CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides
- CI 45380 / Red 22 Lake
- CI 15850 / Red 7
- CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake
- CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake
- CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake
- CI 75470 / Carmine
Top Questions See all 887 Q&A
- "After reading some reviews which were down the middle, I decided to try these new line of lip colors. I got the last one on the shelf, which is this bright orange red. Vivid Matte Liquid Lip Gloss. It applies with a gloss consistency yet it's not sticky. It has the same consistency as their Creamy Mattes, only it feels lighter. Apply in thin layers and blot to achieve the best results. It's a plush and comfortable matte product to wear. Excellent color payoff. The taste and scent don't bother me. I'm used to their formula. Most of my drugstore lipsticks are Maybelline Creamy Mattes. I'll definitely be getting more Vivid Matte Liquid colors!" in 532 reviews
- "Love love love these lip colours! VERY vivid and long lasting, cheap in price and comes in great colours!" in 226 reviews
The second issue is that the color goes on very patchy. I have to apply many layers which just makes the lipstick thicker and even sticker than the initial application and it still doesn’t even out completely.
The third issue is the smell. It’s extremely perfumey, to the point where you can taste it. It either goes away, or maybe I just got used to it, but then when you rub your lips together you get some of that perfume taste and it all comes rushing back.
Sinful Stone itself is a gorgeous color and exactly the shade I was looking for, which makes the entire experience even more disheartening because I never use this.
40 Berry Boost is the color I wear most because Im obsessed with pink lips. Light pink, bright pink, dark pink... I LIVE FOR IT! The color goes on evenly and isn't patchy or runny. Very good consistency.
37 Coffee Buzz is my #2! It's a great dark lip and isn't toooooo dark for my skin tone. My friend gave me this color and I am so glad she did. It's something I wouldn't have picked out on my own.
55 Sinful Stone, I have mixed feelings with this one. I am still figuring out how to find my look with it, but I really like the color. I have to apply multiple layers and it's a bit watery/runny so it can be difficult to apply. I'm not giving up on it!
Overall, I would recommend this brand if you're looking for an affordable liquid matte lip color.
EDIT: I’ve tried using this product again a few times and every time I use it, it makes my lips tingly and numb, and then when I take it off my lips burn. Not sure what ingredients are causing this reaction or if this is an allergic reaction on my end or what, but I am not a fan at all.
First of all, it is supposed to be matte. It is not. It never dries and feels sticky and slippery.
Second, the application is hell. It goes on watery, uneven and thin. No matter how many layers you put on, it is still opaque in some places and just doesn't look right.
The pigment is also a miss for me. If you want a dark plummy color, I vouch for nyx liquid suede.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos