BY MAYBELLINE

Drench your lips in vivid color with a velvety matte finish. Liquid matte lipstick designed with 2X the pigments for intense color.

• Dimethicone

• I love Maybelline but I’m scared to use Matte, is it bad ...5 Answers
  • The color are so perfect1 Answers
  • I'm kinda picky on matte lipsticks, because every time I ...8 Answers
Maybelline Color Sensational® Vivid Matte Liquid™ Lipstick
  • "After reading some reviews which were down the middle, I decided to try these new line of lip colors. I got the last one on the shelf, which is this bright orange red. Vivid Matte Liquid Lip Gloss. It applies with a gloss consistency yet it's not sticky. It has the same consistency as their Creamy Mattes, only it feels lighter. Apply in thin layers and blot to achieve the best results. It's a plush and comfortable matte product to wear. Excellent color payoff. The taste and scent don't bother me. I'm used to their formula. Most of my drugstore lipsticks are Maybelline Creamy Mattes. I'll definitely be getting more Vivid Matte Liquid colors!" in 532 reviews
  • "Love love love these lip colours! VERY vivid and long lasting, cheap in price and comes in great colours!" in 226 reviews
Gina C.
Encinitas, CA
I'm not super big on this liquid lipstick at all, which is a bummer because it was so cheap and the colors are so beautiful. I got it in a light pink, nudish shade that is so so beautiful especially for spring and summer. The pros of this product is that the packaging is really neat and nice, the applicator makes it easy to apply the product to your lips, the color is super pigmented and pretty, the product smells really good, and it does last for a good amount of time. Butttt, the cons of this product definitely outweigh the pros for me sadly :/ I found it super hard to get the lipstick to no be streaky and sheer because the formula is not good at all. You have to put a couple coats on to get the pigment that you want without it being streaky. It also says it is a MATTE liquid lipstick, but it does not dry matte at all or even really dry for that matter. It acts more like a lip gloss, which is not what I wanted when buying this product because it claimed it was matte. If you want a pretty lip gloss, then this would be the product for you but it is definitely not matte at all. I will not be repurchasing, which is a shame :/
Sonja A.
Maine
Review for: Sinful Stone more...
I’ve been searching for a grey lipstick and picked this up in Sinful Stone this summer. I haven’t used it more than a few times because I really am not keen on it. My first issue is that it claims to be matte but it certainly isn’t. It’s has a thick, mousse-like texture; reminiscent of a thick gloss. It isn’t uncomfortable but it also isn’t what they advertised. The lasting time was ok. A couple of hours, but I found myself constantly checking because my lips get very slippery and I thought I was getting product all over my face.

The second issue is that the color goes on very patchy. I have to apply many layers which just makes the lipstick thicker and even sticker than the initial application and it still doesn’t even out completely.

The third issue is the smell. It’s extremely perfumey, to the point where you can taste it. It either goes away, or maybe I just got used to it, but then when you rub your lips together you get some of that perfume taste and it all comes rushing back.

Sinful Stone itself is a gorgeous color and exactly the shade I was looking for, which makes the entire experience even more disheartening because I never use this.
Amanda C.
Trabuco Cyn, CA
Review for: 40 Berry Boost, Coffee Buzz, Sinful Stone more...
One of my favorite liquid lipsticks! I love liquid lipsticks and matte so this product is one of my favorites. It isn't drying or flaky which is a big plus.

40 Berry Boost is the color I wear most because Im obsessed with pink lips. Light pink, bright pink, dark pink... I LIVE FOR IT! The color goes on evenly and isn't patchy or runny. Very good consistency.

37 Coffee Buzz is my #2! It's a great dark lip and isn't toooooo dark for my skin tone. My friend gave me this color and I am so glad she did. It's something I wouldn't have picked out on my own.

55 Sinful Stone, I have mixed feelings with this one. I am still figuring out how to find my look with it, but I really like the color. I have to apply multiple layers and it's a bit watery/runny so it can be difficult to apply. I'm not giving up on it!

Overall, I would recommend this brand if you're looking for an affordable liquid matte lip color.
Jessika A.
Review for: Sinful Stone more...
This product missed the mark for me. I am a huge fan of liquid lipsticks, especially ones that dry down to a matte finish. I picked this up at Target for $5.99. For the price, I didn't mind picking up something just to try it out. I usually gravitate towards cool toned brown shades, so like a greige color. I've been wanting to try a gray lipstick for awhile, so I got this in the shade Sinful Stone. I love the shade, but this formula is a huge miss. It does not dry matte at all. As others have said, it is more glossy, which I don't mind, I just don't think it should be labeled as matte. It applies very streaky to the point where you have to apply so many coats that it doesn't dry down and stays so tacky that it's uncomfortable. Maybelline got the shades perfect, but really missed with the formula.

EDIT: I’ve tried using this product again a few times and every time I use it, it makes my lips tingly and numb, and then when I take it off my lips burn. Not sure what ingredients are causing this reaction or if this is an allergic reaction on my end or what, but I am not a fan at all.
Deanna D.
Electra, TX
Review for: Coffee Buzz more...
I bought this in hopes of finding a nice drugstore matte liquid lip that wasn't splotchy or drying, but my hopes were let down when I discovered it did exactly those two things. This formula is VERY hard to work with, it dries too quickly in areas that have lots of contact with the area, but doesn't dry down quickly enough to keep it from getting on your teeth or transferring to other areas on your face. I also found that the pigment isn't good until the second or third layer, but if you apply more than one coat, it gets cakey. Overall, it's a good idea and something for them to work on, but with the current formula its not worth the hype or the money.
Jordan D.
Review for: 50 Possessed Plum more...
I picked this up because I was looking for a dark purpley close to black color. I regret it very much. This product actually makes me sad. I can only speak for this shade and not the others, as I have only tried Possessed Plum.
First of all, it is supposed to be matte. It is not. It never dries and feels sticky and slippery.
Second, the application is hell. It goes on watery, uneven and thin. No matter how many layers you put on, it is still opaque in some places and just doesn't look right.
The pigment is also a miss for me. If you want a dark plummy color, I vouch for nyx liquid suede.
Jennifer V.
Denmark, WI
Review for: 20 Electric Pink, 10 Nude Flush, Red Punch more...
First of all, this product is suppose to be Matte and it is not at all. It never dries and its a thick glossy texture.  It smudges and smears and ends up looking really messy. Really disappointed because I thought it would be a nice matte lipstick so I bought three different colors. Also, some of the colors are NOT true to their bottle. I bought the red thinking it would be a red but it's more like a maroon.  The pink looked less bright in the bottle and it's way more bright when you apply it.  The Nude Flush was pretty close to how it looks in the bottle however.
Kaitlyn N.
Colorado Springs
Review for: 10 Nude Flush more...
Maybelline Color Sensational® Vivid Matte Liquid™ Lipstick Beautiful lipstick! One of the best drugstore liquid lipsticks I have tried! The color pigmentation is beautiful and once the lipstick dries down, it doesn’t transfer. I would love to buy more colors! Smells sweet but he fragrance isn’t too strong. Got four stars because it is a little drying, but it’s not too bad.
Amanda J.
Review for: 15 Pink Charge more...
I really wanted to love this product! The packaging is nice but the lipstick just isn’t very good at all. The pros are that it smells nice and that they come in beautiful colors. The cons definitely outweigh the pros. This product is matte but does not dry to the lips at all. It honestly looks more like a gloss than a matte. This product is not transfer proof and it does not stay very long on the lips. I had a hard time applying this lipstick. The applicator is nice but no matter how I tried to apply it, it always looked streaky. I do not recommend this product!
Tori M.
fort huachuca
Review for: Orchid Shock, Coffee Buzz more...
I was SHOCKED by the performance of these drugstore lipsticks. Not because they are drugstore but just their price point. $5 at target and they are SO pigment. The shade range is beautiful and after just one layer I am ready to go. No re applying. I don’t know how long they hold up throughout the day because I havnt worn them for so long yet. Also I know the product is suppose to be matte but I personally don’t see that. It feels amazing on the lips but it’s definitely more of a satin kind of finish. None the less I am not disappointed!
Olivia E.
Bigelow, AR
Is this a very drying matte to were to flakes? and is the color pretty pigmented?
Alicia G.
Newbury, OH
I thought the smell was not bad! Why is everyone freaking out about the smell?
Brehanna B.
Humboldt, Sk
Is this long lasting? Does it stay matte? Does it leave your lips smooth or does your lips crack? Is it expensive?
Brendan E.
Forest city , NC
Does the liquid lipstick ever dry matte? How long did it take to finally get that finish?
linda n.
Fountain Vly, CA
How long does this last? Is it long lasting?