BY MAYBELLINE

Saturated vivid color meets strong lacquered shine for your most sensational high-shine lip.

• Does this leave a sticky feel after application7 Answers
  • They make these look extremely opaque in all the commerci...2 Answers
  • Was this an easy applicatin for you?6 Answers
Maybelline Color Sensational® Vivid Hot Lacquer Lip Gloss
  • "For lip glosses, I always stick to NARS and most drugstore brands. I love this specific one because it's just so creamy and glossy!" in 161 reviews
  • "LOVE THIS PRODUCT!! The coverage this lip gloss provides is way above expectations and is very long lasting which is something I always look for. The product is definitely worth its price and I would highly recommend this." in 98 reviews
Jenny B.
I like this product but not necessarily the color I was sent for review. I received the shade classic and it's a bit to bam in your face red for me. The lip gloss does go on quite heavy with the applicator so I just patted some off with a tissue and topped it with a nude shimmer shade to tone it down and it lasted quite a while. Maybelline Color Sensational® Vivid Hot Lacquer Lip Gloss
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
I'm really not sure how I feel about this. I only buy high end makeup and am a stickler for quality like how it feels, how it applies and how long it wears and of course how it looks. I only wear the best of the best and even the high end brands don't hit my standard of quality half the time.
So my sister in law is 22 (I think?) And just now getting really into makeup. She has a little collection going of mostly drugstore makeup. I use this from time to time when I'm over there and need a touch up since carrying my makeup around with me hasn't ended so well in the past. So I tried this and wore it as long as it would wear without messing with it and here's my review.
So the applicator is fine. It allows for precise application and can cover the fullness of the lip as well. Your basic doe foot velvet applicator. The formula is where the problems lie. Now, there are good things about it. It's not so horrible I could not wear it by any means. For example, it is exactly what it claims to be. It's a super pigmented and vivid colored lip gloss with a super shiny lacquer like finish. That's great. Lot's of mostly drugstore brands don't even stay honest with what their product does and doesn't do.
My issue with this product is the thickness of it. I understand it has to be thicker to hold this type of pigmentation in a gloss but it's almost to thick to wear and it is to thick to be comfortable. It's so thick that it applies way to much even with a light hand so I had to blend out with my finger to remove the excess and then press toilet paper between my lips to remove the rest of the excess. The thickness also caused the line not to be straight and precise despite the applicator being able to provide that because it was so thick it almost pulled on itself. After doing this to it I took the picture above.
The lasting power was decent for a gloss. I got a good 1.5 hours out of it before it was completely gone. It of course faded throughout that entire time but that's what gloss does so I don't blame it.
It did get on my teeth easily so make sure to put your finger in your mouth like your sucking on it and then pull your finger out with your lips around it. Any excess on the inside of your lips will be left on your finger and that took care of the problem.
It is a bit spendy for a drugstore item of not so great quality but the color selection is decent. I'd say just find it on sale.
It's super easy to find at places like ulta and Wal-Mart. That's a definite plus.
It is sticky and thick and patchy and its impossible to get a precise line with the applicator but if you're willing to work at your lipstick you can make it look half way decent like in my pic here. I prefer my lip products and makeup products to look great at application which is why I pay more for them, but on a budget you can look just as good with a little more effort and this is one of those things that requires a bit more effort.
Overall its not mind blowing or a must have item but I'd probably use it if i owned it or could find it for cheap maybe.
Leslie T.
Johnson City, TN
Review for: Charmer more...
I was so excited to finally try this product! As soon as I got the box I started applying it to my lips. It's really easy to apply and it has a very pleasant smell! At first it made my lips stick together a bit but that faded very soon. It feels very light and comfortable on the lips. I also really like the way it makes my lips look! It has an ultra shiny finish and is very pigmented. I only needed one coat! I received this product for free for testing purposes in my maybelline voxbox!
Kristen M.
Wichita , KS
Review for: Classic more...
I received this lippie from Influenster for free for review. Right off I noticed the beautiful color. I received the color classic which is just that a blue based classic red tone. The formula feels really nice as you apply the product as well as throughout the day. This lasted a long time with minimal bleeding around the lips. It did start to wear off after about 4 hours but that was with eating and drinking. Overall I think that this is an awesome product and I'm excited to try more colors.
Katie M.
Washington, DC
Review for: Charmer more...
This is the perfect nude color for me. It's *just* noticeable but it easily blends with my natural color. I love the feel of it, its velvety smooth. It stays on long but doesn't feel dry the way a matte lipstick would. I would definitely buy this in the future. I would also love to add to the collection with different shades. I received this product for free in exchange for my honest review.
Lonna R.
Depew, NY
Review for: Tease more...
I am a lipwear addict and was very excited to try this product. The color is gorgeous and seems like it would look beautiful and many skin types. Easy to apply, no liner needed. It stayed on a long time, I just wish it was a little less sticky and a little more matte but that's a personal preference. I received this product as a free promotion in my VoxBox but would definitely purchase.
Stacy A.
Gloster, LA
Review for: Charmer more...
Holy cow this is amazing I got it for free in my VoxBox so I didn't know if it would be good or not considering it cost like 7.99 and ulta has it buy one get one half off all the time I wasn't thinking it would be like a high end lipgloss it is so awesome it's opaque and not sticky the color I got was charmer it was so pretty it is a my lips but better color it even has some staying power I didn't have to keep applying like some glosses really love it and recommend it to everyone
amber n.
This item i got in the shade charmer, i do really like the color of it. It looks nice on my pale skin, its a bit hard to find good pinks for me. However it is a bit sticky. [that doesn't bother me perosnally]. Also, it does cling to dry spots on the lips as shown in picture so exfoliating before applying is ideal. As for lasting time its the same as any average lip gloss product.
Rebecca L.
Pinellas Park, FL
Review for: Charmer more...
Maybelline vivid hot lacquer lip stick is very thick when you apply it but the color didn't last long once I drank something. It's not matte and it was very creamy and even after the color came off my lips still felt creamy. I have the color charmer which is like a nude pink and I loved the color. I am glad I received this to test for free.
lady_sassicorn🦄💁🏽 t.
I didn't think that I would like this product but was pleasantly surprised. I recieved this in a randomized beauty subscription. The color was in a pinkish nude tone by the name "charmer". In the past I'd recieved nude tones lip color that absolutely did not work with my complexion. This one was the perfect fit. Smooth and not sticky very cute glossy gloss. And I use it all the time. The applicator is nice too, it's in a triangular shape which I find makes it easier to apply
Kaelah B.
Chula Vista, CA
Does this leave a sticky feel after application
Phebean C.
Columbus , OH
Was this an easy applicatin for you?
Jessica K.
High Ridge, MO
What color do you LOVE using on your lips?
Najah E.
Garden Grove , CA
Oh my goodness has anyone else tried the Maybelline Vivid hot lacquer and fell in love?!! The color “unreal” is exactly that lol it’s THEE perfect nude for all skin tones and makes your lips look full and amazing!! Maybelline Color Sensational® Vivid Hot Lacquer Lip Gloss
sav s.
Will this dry out my lips?