BY MAYBELLINE #40 in Lip Gloss

Saturated vivid color meets strong lacquered shine for your most sensational high-shine lip.

• Does this leave a sticky feel after application7 Answers
  • They make these look extremely opaque in all the commerci...2 Answers
  • Was this an easy applicatin for you?6 Answers
Maybelline Color Sensational® Vivid Hot Lacquer Lip Gloss
  • "For lip glosses, I always stick to NARS and most drugstore brands. I love this specific one because it's just so creamy and glossy!" in 161 reviews
  • "LOVE THIS PRODUCT!! The coverage this lip gloss provides is way above expectations and is very long lasting which is something I always look for. The product is definitely worth its price and I would highly recommend this." in 98 reviews
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
I'm really not sure how I feel about this. I only buy high end makeup and am a stickler for quality like how it feels, how it applies and how long it wears and of course how it looks. I only wear the best of the best and even the high end brands don't hit my standard of quality half the time.
So my sister in law is 22 (I think?) And just now getting really into makeup. She has a little collection going of mostly drugstore makeup. I use this from time to time when I'm over there and need a touch up since carrying my makeup around with me hasn't ended so well in the past. So I tried this and wore it as long as it would wear without messing with it and here's my review.
So the applicator is fine. It allows for precise application and can cover the fullness of the lip as well. Your basic doe foot velvet applicator. The formula is where the problems lie. Now, there are good things about it. It's not so horrible I could not wear it by any means. For example, it is exactly what it claims to be. It's a super pigmented and vivid colored lip gloss with a super shiny lacquer like finish. That's great. Lot's of mostly drugstore brands don't even stay honest with what their product does and doesn't do.
My issue with this product is the thickness of it. I understand it has to be thicker to hold this type of pigmentation in a gloss but it's almost to thick to wear and it is to thick to be comfortable. It's so thick that it applies way to much even with a light hand so I had to blend out with my finger to remove the excess and then press toilet paper between my lips to remove the rest of the excess. The thickness also caused the line not to be straight and precise despite the applicator being able to provide that because it was so thick it almost pulled on itself. After doing this to it I took the picture above.
The lasting power was decent for a gloss. I got a good 1.5 hours out of it before it was completely gone. It of course faded throughout that entire time but that's what gloss does so I don't blame it.
It did get on my teeth easily so make sure to put your finger in your mouth like your sucking on it and then pull your finger out with your lips around it. Any excess on the inside of your lips will be left on your finger and that took care of the problem.
It is a bit spendy for a drugstore item of not so great quality but the color selection is decent. I'd say just find it on sale.
It's super easy to find at places like ulta and Wal-Mart. That's a definite plus.
It is sticky and thick and patchy and its impossible to get a precise line with the applicator but if you're willing to work at your lipstick you can make it look half way decent like in my pic here. I prefer my lip products and makeup products to look great at application which is why I pay more for them, but on a budget you can look just as good with a little more effort and this is one of those things that requires a bit more effort.
Overall its not mind blowing or a must have item but I'd probably use it if i owned it or could find it for cheap maybe.
Breanna H.
My friend recently gave me this and I LOVE it!! I have been on a huge gloss kick lately. I was so shocked how pigmented these are! I really think they are a dupe for the ABH ones but half the price! These make my lips look so glossy and plump. I like to wear a lip liner with them to give it a fuller more even look. This is not a gloss I would wear if I know I’m going to be eating something messy like a burger because it will go everywhere lol this is definitely not a long lasted liquid lipstick or anything and because of the high pigment it can get a little messy. But if you’re looking for a full color gloss this is it!! I will definitely be buying more!
lindsey b.
Palmdale, CA
I really like this, it’s a cross between a gloss and a liquid lip. I got the color tease and even on my fair skin it looks pretty light. It kind of resembles Mac’s shade Myth but in a gloss form. I can only really wear this shade with lip liner but it still is cute. It doesn’t look gloopy on my lips or feel that heavy. It stays a little tacky but I think thats the reason it is able to last so long. A few hours for a gloss is great! My main problem is that it got all over my teeth. I’m going to try different methods to prevent this, so I’m hoping it doesn’t happen again.
Lindsey M.
Wichita Falls
Decided to give this a shot in the color 60 Tease, which is their lightest nude shade in the lacquer. I love this by its self and know I will love this on top of some liquid matte lipsticks. The only thing I may be weird about Is the consistency. Something about it makes the color of the lacquer goes on pretty uneven. I had to basically put it on little by little, covering any spots that might seem patchy here and there. But once I did get it set it was beautiful! I do recommend it!
Jennifer F.
Fort Belvoir, VA
Vivid Hot Laquer in Tease is my all time ride or die fav nude gloss right now. I wear it over a soft brown lip liner and have gotten sooo many compliments every time I wear it. Even in the MAC Store and Sephora and I laugh when I tell them it’s drugstore lol. This gloss is not sticky and goes on super smooth and lasts through my workouts etc. The color Tease is super flattering and I will be buying again. The applicator is my favorite of all my lip glosses right now and you don’t need that much product to get the look you want.
Hope B.
I really hate lip glosses but I decided to try this out. It surprised me! It's actually very good! I just don't like the way lip gloss feels on my lips but if you love lipgloss this is perfect! It is very pigmented but can be patchy at times so you have to even it out with the lipstick wand. I think this color is so unique and beautiful. I probably wouldn't buy again just because I don't like lip glosses but if there is a matte version of this I would love to buy it! I'm impressed Maybelline ❤️
sarah a.
houston
These are amazing. They’re so opaque, so pigmented, so long lasting. I’m legit obsessed with these. They’re one of those glosses you can wear on its own and the color that’s in the translates exactly what you get on your lips. The price is right too. They’re so affordable how can you not love these. These are one of the hidden gems of the drugstore I think. I love the color tease the most. It’s the perfect baby pink brown nude
Janeigne N.
I truly love these lipglosses I have three super creamy and easy to apply and they are super pigmented when I say pigmented they are pigmented and I love the applicator they are super long lasting and I will re-purchased them over and over again! From left to right( too cute , unreal and tease) ! I purchased mines at Walmart!
amber n.
This item i got in the shade charmer, i do really like the color of it. It looks nice on my pale skin, its a bit hard to find good pinks for me. However it is a bit sticky. [that doesn't bother me perosnally]. Also, it does cling to dry spots on the lips as shown in picture so exfoliating before applying is ideal. As for lasting time its the same as any average lip gloss product.
Sarah B.
I didn’t get it in the color that’s depicted, but I got it in a deeper red tone. I like it a lot, but wish they had more mauve tones or nude tones. It has lots of pigment and shine in it. My main issue other than the limited color range is that it does bleed and is not meant to last through eating/drinking. Other than that, I like a very pigmented lipgloss.
Kaelah B.
Hampton, VA
Does this leave a sticky feel after application
Jessica K.
High Ridge, MO
What color do you LOVE using on your lips?
Phebean C.
Columbus, OH
Was this an easy applicatin for you?
sav s.
Will this dry out my lips?
Micaela R.
Morristown, TN
Are these good? Any complaints? Wear time? What's there finish?