BY MAYBELLINE NEW YORK #13 in Lip Gloss

Saturated vivid color meets strong lacquered shine for your most sensational high-shine lip.

• Does this leave a sticky feel after application5 Answers
  • What type of lip gloss do you guys have? Maybelline Color Sensation...3 Answers
  • Are the glosses sticky at all? Or comfortable?2 Answers
Nita F.
Nita F.
Review for: Classic
The Maybelline New York Vivid Hot Lacquer Colorsensational in shade Classic 72 just wasn't for me. I guess I'm more of a matte lippie kinda girl and this formula had a tad bit too much shine for me. Although, I must have it applied very effortlessly. I loved how silky smooth it felt as it glided on. It had somewhat of a sticky finish like a gloss. I like that a little goes a long way. After the initial application I dapped my lips with a tissue don't reduce the gloss effect and it was instantly better. Then I realized it was all over my teeth and I had to really rub to get it off. The wear isn't very long. I went out for celebratory drinks and wings and it was gone after about 5 wings (maybe I licked it all off 🤣). I prefer a longer wear and a more matte look. I appreciate Influenster sending me this lippie free for review.
Stephanie L.
Stephanie L.
Review for: Classic
I'm not a big fan of lip glosses and lacquers that come in different shades like this because I find them to be tacky/sticky, thick/heavy, some are too sheer, etc. I actually really like this one. It went on smooth, didn't tug at my lips, didn't feel very tacky. I was even impressed by how pigmented it was (wasn't sheer at all). Definitely gave me a very high shine look which was nice. Like with all of these products, you have to reapply after eating or drinking because it does come off (which is the only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5). For those of you that prefer glosses/lacquers over mattes, this is the product for you! Personally, I'd rather apply a long lasting matte liquid lipstick that I don't have to keep reapplying throughout the day as many times as I would this lacquer. If you don't mind doing that then go ahead and buy this lacquer! I think it's very much worth it for those that like the look of high shine lips, AND you have a bunch of colors to choose from (great for switching between day and night looks while on the go).
I received this product for free from Influenster in exchange for for my honest opinion.
Marissa V.
Marissa V.
san antonio tx
Review for: Charmer
OH MY GOODNESS YALL! This is lip gloss on steroids! I love it! This summer I'm all about a femme gloss lip this summer 17' and Maybelline Color Sensational® Vivid Hot Lacquer Lip Gloss in the color 62 CHARMER did just that and more ! This gloss applied a highly pigmented dose of saturated color and shine that last me about 7-8 hours. What really impressed me was how evenly and easily this applied and how shiney it stayed throughout the day. This gloss retails for about $7.99 and is well worth it in my opinion. My tip is before applying this product exfoliate and moisturize your lips then Apply lacquer in the center of your upper lip and follow the contours of your mouth. Follow with a second coat!
I received quite a few compliments on my new lip Lacquer. I can't wait to purchase this product in more colors and recommend to all my family and friends!
WAS NOT COMPENSATED FOR MY POST; HOWEVER, I DID RECEIVE A SAMPLE FOR MY REVIEW. ALL OPINIONS ARE MY OWN AND NOT INFLUENCED IN ANY WAY.
Leslie W.
Leslie W.
Rochester, NY
Review for: Classic
I received this from Influenster for free for testing purposes, and test it I did!  This is a tough one because there was so much I loved about this product, but there were also definitely a few drawbacks.

When I received the beautiful lacquer in the color, Classic, I was super excited...I love a classic red on a night out or for an important meeting, and this super glossy look would be a different one for me.  Super special.  I put it on for a five year anniversary date with my hubby, for a night out on the town.  I loved the shape of the wand and found it to be super easy to apply; it really allowed for precision, which is important for such a saturated lip color.

It looked gorgeous.  Def took a classic red and brought it to an even more sultry level.  The look was beautiful.

Now for cons.  The product is very sticky, and especially gobbed up in the corners of my mouth.  It definitely gets all over anything you get near your mouth - wine glass, your man's lips....lol.  Very transferable.  It did not really impact the color on my lips, but created quite a mess elsewhere.  That being said, I would still use it, as long as I don't have to do the dishes.  The color and the shine is quite breathtaking.
Kitty B.
Kitty B.
Review for: Charmer
I received this product in my Vox Box from Influenster, in exchange for my honest opinion. So that is what you'll get, pure honesty. I wasn't really impressed with this product as a gloss. Calling it a gloss is a misnomer. This is really more of a sticky, satin lipstick.

The gloss is super pigmented and goes on comfortably. However, its super opaque, with the color payoff of a lipstick. If you were just looking for a little shine and color, this gloss is NOT for you.

As I mentioned above, the gloss was also sticky and thick. Again, when I reach for a gloss, its because I want a lightweight, splash of color. If I wanted a thick, opaque lip color, I would use a full on lipstick like a normal person.

You can't really layer this product over a lipstick either, like you would a normal gloss. This product will just eat up and cover your lipstick color underneath.

The color itself, Charmer, isn't bad. Its that universally flattering neutral color. Still, that wasn't enough to save this product for me. Again, this is really a lipstick in lipgloss packaging. I definitely will not be buying this, and had I bought it, I would immediately return it to the store.
Sydney C.
Sydney C.
Review for: Charmer
I received this product complimentary in an Influenster Vox Box for testing purposes. I always explain that I am skeptical about drug store makeup, especially lipsticks and glosses. The Maybelline Color Sensational Vivid Hot Lacquer is a pretty decent lip gloss for being so cheap. This product is a high impact gloss with a very shiny satin finish. The color is extremely vivid and does not go on streaky or dry. I actually really loved the Charmer shade, it was the perfect pale nude pink for me and is something I would actually pick out for myself. Application was smooth and the color was opaque and stood out. I also love applying this over a matte liquid lipstick to give it a little satin finish. My only complaint is that this product is VERY sticky and thick. It did not clump up visibly but it did transfer on to anything my lips touched, especially all over my wine glass. I suggest dabbing your lips with a tissue after applying. All in all for a cheap gloss, this does the job.
Lois F.
Lois F.
Bridgeport, OH
Review for: Classic
I received Classic (72) At first i was a little concerned with the color however learn that it actually looks good on me. I love the tubing it comes in. Its slick and simple. The dip stick is pretty nice and size not small and not big. Like perfect lip stick size. It has like a cupcake smell Lol which I mean who can be mad at that? Anyway The pigment is amazing! I was actually shocked it goes on smooth and thick however it is very sticky feeling, it transfers very fast and quick especially on my teeth like something crazy! Its a nice shine gloss like which I like. The only issue was the quick transfer and all over my teeth. The last thing a lady needs is lipstick on her teeth. Also since it transfers on everything you have to be careful and carry it with you to reapply. I even tried to blotch it to slow the transfer because sometimes that helps however it didn't in this case. It would be amazing if they kept the pigment and everything with less transfer and stickiness. I enjoy the color so I will wear it casually however it won't be my top go too.
Varsha S.
Varsha S.
San Ramon, CA
Review for: Classic
Disclaimer: The product was given to me FREE by @influenster and @maybelline in return for my honest opinion

Review:
The *color* is gorgeous and since I love the red color this gets some extra love.. the *packaging* is okay nothing extra ordinary. The *application wand* is different from other wands. The tip of this applicator is shaped as a tear drop with a small dent in the center and you can easily contour around the lips... the color glides on smoothly on the lips and the pigmentation and consistency is very good, this lacquer has a glazed finish. One thing I am not loving about this product is that it feels very sticky on the lips. Imagine on the windy day your hair getting stuck on your lips. Another con is that it is transferable (as shown in the pic).

In all I am generally not a fan of lacquers because they have a glossy finish and I am into mattes and it def feels like you have something on your lips only because of the stickiness .. apart from that the color is “Classic” and would love it in matte. This gets 3/5
maricella m.
maricella m.
Pageland, SC
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received this product free and my Vox box from influencer. The Vivid hot liqueur color Sensational lip was and okay product. This is me giving my honest review of this product. That's pretty much the whole point of the voxbox. Firstly I don't really wear the color red which is okay because the product was free. Secondly I go from matte lipsticks rather than one with a glass-like complexion. And thoroughly you can definitely tell there's something on your lips because it feels very sticky and it's transferable which is what I expect it from a lip gloss. Imagine rolling down the windows going down the road in your hair sticking to your lips. I hate that feeling. The only reason why I think I don't like this product is because I don't go for the color red and I prefer Matt non-transferable lipsticks. If none of these things bother you then I would 100% trying this lip gloss because other than those reasons it's pretty good.
Riya B.
Riya B.
Review for: Charmer
I love applying lip gloss, as they tend to keep my lips more moisturized than lipsticks. When I got to try the Maybelline Vivid hot lacquer I loved the color (Charmer) and how it was easy to apply but I was disappointed that it did not stay on for a long time. The application was very smooth, the wand that came with the gloss was very easy to use and the application was of the gloss only tok one swipe. It left my lips very moisturized for a long time but at the same time my lips felt a little sticky. After 1 to 2 hours the color was no longer visible on my lips though I could still feel the lips were a little sticky.
My tip would be that to have a lip color for a long time put the lacquer on top of lipstick of similar color, to get an extra shine at the same time the color will be on you lips longer.

I received the product for free from influenster and Maybelline to try it in exchange for my unbiased and honest opinion.
Jessica K.
Jessica K.
High Ridge, MO
Beauty Junkie Expert
What color do you LOVE using on your lips?
Kaelah B.
Kaelah B.
Hampton, VA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does this leave a sticky feel after application
sav s.
sav s.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Will this dry out my lips?
Micaela R.
Micaela R.
Morristown, TN
Beauty Junkie Expert
Are these good? Any complaints? Wear time? What's there finish?
Ashley E.