BY MAYBELLINE

Saturated vivid color meets strong lacquered shine for your most sensational high-shine lip.

• Does this leave a sticky feel after application7 Answers
  • They make these look extremely opaque in all the commerci...2 Answers
  • Was this an easy applicatin for you?6 Answers
Maybelline Color Sensational® Vivid Hot Lacquer Lip Gloss
  • "For lip glosses, I always stick to NARS and most drugstore brands. I love this specific one because it's just so creamy and glossy!" in 161 reviews
  • "LOVE THIS PRODUCT!! The coverage this lip gloss provides is way above expectations and is very long lasting which is something I always look for. The product is definitely worth its price and I would highly recommend this." in 98 reviews
Vennessa G.
El Paso, TX
Purchased at: ULTA
I got this product the other day while shopping and was really liking the color, 80 Major. It looks like a very deep teal blue in the bottle and I was so excited to use it. Well I forget since I use foundation on my lips to make the lipgloss last it lightens the color a bit. I do still love it though as it transforms it to a beautiful metal teal😁 I think I will use it without foundation from now on though to get a deep grungy look I was hoping for today. It doesn't last all day but is highly pigmented and is super glossy.
Krista N.
I tried the shades 'Major' and 'Royal' as I was on the hunt for a decent blue and purple lip product but I was disappointed. I wore these a lot to try to make them work and figure out my final decision (I wanted to like them), and ultimately decided to declutter both.

Major is a pretty bright blue color (not navy unless you layer) as it's not fully opaque. Royal is decent if you apply a light layer and it fades to a decent color. The cons: patchy/doesn't apply evenly, very sticky/uncomfortable to wear which leads to horrible transfer to teeth, hair, and anything else it can stick to.

2 stars because I like the color of Major, Royal fades okay, and they have a good applicator. Maybe the other colors are better but I can't speak to them.
Cece P.
Raleigh, NC
To start off, I didn’t buy this to use as a lip gloss. I bought it to use as a lip stain, and it works phenomenally this way! I haven’t tested this all over the lips since bright glossy lips aren’t really my thing, but I like to place a tiny dab (it’s all I need, this stuff is pigmented!!) in the inner part of my lower lip after I’ve put on some lip balm. Then I press my lips together and use my finger to dab the gloss outward. The result is that coveted popsicle-stain look that is super summery and fresh! The gloss itself is kind of tacky, but I find that it helps the product cling to my lips, and using a balm underneath helps with blending the product around, as well as making sure that my lips look and feel hydrated and smooth, since I’m not using the gloss all over.

**Update**
I tried wearing this gloss all over and holy moly. The formula is so long wearing and the applicator is so nice and precise that this is basically a glossy longwearing liquid lip. It did, however transfer off onto my coffee mug, but the color remained super vivid. I wore it in the shade Sassy, and I think it's gonna be my go-to this summer if I want a bright, juicy, comfortable, long-lasting lip look! Just be sure to exfoliate your lips beforehand! Also, not sure if this helped with the longevity, but I applied it to bare lips, no balm or anything.
Rachael S.
Carson city , NV
These lip glosses would be getting five stars for me if they weren't so sticky. The stickiness does not go away it lasts. However once you put this on you have hours of color on your lips some of the gloss effect goes away but the color the pigment is still on your lips hours and hours and hours later. Food doesn't phase it drinking out of a straw or cup doesn't phase it the color stays there the best part is the color doesn't fade patchy these are some crazy lip glosses with some beautiful shades I have a really light grayish red shade that I like to use in the center to create an ombre lip with then I did just go out and purchase this beautiful bright pink shade that I think has become my favorite. It's weird I usually don't like anything sticky on my lips but because the colors are so beautiful and the fact that it is not a matte lipstick that still lasts for so long they are gorgeous if you can get past the fact that they are sticky amazing lip gloss.
Alexa J.
I have the shade Slay It (82) and I think it works best over a dark lip liner or lipstick since by itself it is a bit uneven. The finish is really beautiful though and it feels comfortable on the lips. However this is definitely not a longwear product - would not recommend wearing this if you plan to be eating or drinking a lot because it does transfer/come off easily. If you want to wear it out I'd recommend bringing the tube with you to touch up. Otherwise it does create a nice dark look overall.
Taylor S.
Scranton, PA
Review for: Other more...
I have a hard time finding a glossy, neutral colored lipstick to use that lasts. When I bought this product on a whim, I wasn’t hopeful. I found that the product is easy to apply and a little goes a long way! The gloss stays wet so not to dry you out. I have to say that it’s a little sticky when you first put it on, but that goes away. I’ve gotten a lot of compliments on the color and find that a lot of people I know use the product themselves! I will definitely be buying again. It’s a great product for the price and gets the job done. I’d say it’s the best drugstore brand liquid lipstick/ floss out there right now.
Joanita Y.
Haverhill, MA
Purchased at: CVS
I love this product. The shade is very vampy and I only wear it occasionally. It stays on well enough. If you eat or drink, you will need to touch it up. It doesn't dry out your lips. The smell is pleasant. And of course, affordable.
lindsey b.
Palmdale, CA
I really like this, it’s a cross between a gloss and a liquid lip. I got the color tease and even on my fair skin it looks pretty light. It kind of resembles Mac’s shade Myth but in a gloss form. I can only really wear this shade with lip liner but it still is cute. It doesn’t look gloopy on my lips or feel that heavy. It stays a little tacky but I think thats the reason it is able to last so long. A few hours for a gloss is great! My main problem is that it got all over my teeth. I’m going to try different methods to prevent this, so I’m hoping it doesn’t happen again.
Lindsey M.
Wichita Falls
Decided to give this a shot in the color 60 Tease, which is their lightest nude shade in the lacquer. I love this by its self and know I will love this on top of some liquid matte lipsticks. The only thing I may be weird about Is the consistency. Something about it makes the color of the lacquer goes on pretty uneven. I had to basically put it on little by little, covering any spots that might seem patchy here and there. But once I did get it set it was beautiful! I do recommend it!
Jennifer F.
Fort Belvoir, VA
Vivid Hot Laquer in Tease is my all time ride or die fav nude gloss right now. I wear it over a soft brown lip liner and have gotten sooo many compliments every time I wear it. Even in the MAC Store and Sephora and I laugh when I tell them it’s drugstore lol. This gloss is not sticky and goes on super smooth and lasts through my workouts etc. The color Tease is super flattering and I will be buying again. The applicator is my favorite of all my lip glosses right now and you don’t need that much product to get the look you want.
Kaelah B.
Chula Vista, CA
Does this leave a sticky feel after application
Jessica K.
High Ridge, MO
What color do you LOVE using on your lips?
Phebean C.
Columbus , OH
1,320 reviews
Was this an easy applicatin for you?
Najah E.
Garden Grove , CA
Oh my goodness has anyone else tried the Maybelline Vivid hot lacquer and fell in love?!! The color “unreal” is exactly that lol it’s THEE perfect nude for all skin tones and makes your lips look full and amazing!! Maybelline Color Sensational® Vivid Hot Lacquer Lip Gloss
sav s.
Will this dry out my lips?