BY MAYBELLINE #56 in Lip Gloss

Saturated vivid color meets strong lacquered shine for your most sensational high-shine lip.

• Does this leave a sticky feel after application7 Answers
  • They make these look extremely opaque in all the commerci...2 Answers
  • Was this an easy applicatin for you?6 Answers
Maybelline Color Sensational® Vivid Hot Lacquer Lip Gloss
  • "For lip glosses, I always stick to NARS and most drugstore brands. I love this specific one because it's just so creamy and glossy!" in 161 reviews
  • "LOVE THIS PRODUCT!! The coverage this lip gloss provides is way above expectations and is very long lasting which is something I always look for. The product is definitely worth its price and I would highly recommend this." in 98 reviews
Cece P.
Raleigh, NC
To start off, I didn’t buy this to use as a lip gloss. I bought it to use as a lip stain, and it works phenomenally this way! I haven’t tested this all over the lips since bright glossy lips aren’t really my thing, but I like to place a tiny dab (it’s all I need, this stuff is pigmented!!) in the inner part of my lower lip after I’ve put on some lip balm. Then I press my lips together and use my finger to dab the gloss outward. The result is that coveted popsicle-stain look that is super summery and fresh! The gloss itself is kind of tacky, but I find that it helps the product cling to my lips, and using a balm underneath helps with blending the product around, as well as making sure that my lips look and feel hydrated and smooth, since I’m not using the gloss all over.

**Update**
I tried wearing this gloss all over and holy moly. The formula is so long wearing and the applicator is so nice and precise that this is basically a glossy longwearing liquid lip. It did, however transfer off onto my coffee mug, but the color remained super vivid. I wore it in the shade Sassy, and I think it's gonna be my go-to this summer if I want a bright, juicy, comfortable, long-lasting lip look! Just be sure to exfoliate your lips beforehand! Also, not sure if this helped with the longevity, but I applied it to bare lips, no balm or anything.
Rachael S.
Carson city, NV
These lip glosses would be getting five stars for me if they weren't so sticky. The stickiness does not go away it lasts. However once you put this on you have hours of color on your lips some of the gloss effect goes away but the color the pigment is still on your lips hours and hours and hours later. Food doesn't phase it drinking out of a straw or cup doesn't phase it the color stays there the best part is the color doesn't fade patchy these are some crazy lip glosses with some beautiful shades I have a really light grayish red shade that I like to use in the center to create an ombre lip with then I did just go out and purchase this beautiful bright pink shade that I think has become my favorite. It's weird I usually don't like anything sticky on my lips but because the colors are so beautiful and the fact that it is not a matte lipstick that still lasts for so long they are gorgeous if you can get past the fact that they are sticky amazing lip gloss.
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
I'm really not sure how I feel about this. I only buy high end makeup and am a stickler for quality like how it feels, how it applies and how long it wears and of course how it looks. I only wear the best of the best and even the high end brands don't hit my standard of quality half the time.
So my sister in law is 22 (I think?) And just now getting really into makeup. She has a little collection going of mostly drugstore makeup. I use this from time to time when I'm over there and need a touch up since carrying my makeup around with me hasn't ended so well in the past. So I tried this and wore it as long as it would wear without messing with it and here's my review.
So the applicator is fine. It allows for precise application and can cover the fullness of the lip as well. Your basic doe foot velvet applicator. The formula is where the problems lie. Now, there are good things about it. It's not so horrible I could not wear it by any means. For example, it is exactly what it claims to be. It's a super pigmented and vivid colored lip gloss with a super shiny lacquer like finish. That's great. Lot's of mostly drugstore brands don't even stay honest with what their product does and doesn't do.
My issue with this product is the thickness of it. I understand it has to be thicker to hold this type of pigmentation in a gloss but it's almost to thick to wear and it is to thick to be comfortable. It's so thick that it applies way to much even with a light hand so I had to blend out with my finger to remove the excess and then press toilet paper between my lips to remove the rest of the excess. The thickness also caused the line not to be straight and precise despite the applicator being able to provide that because it was so thick it almost pulled on itself. After doing this to it I took the picture above.
The lasting power was decent for a gloss. I got a good 1.5 hours out of it before it was completely gone. It of course faded throughout that entire time but that's what gloss does so I don't blame it.
It did get on my teeth easily so make sure to put your finger in your mouth like your sucking on it and then pull your finger out with your lips around it. Any excess on the inside of your lips will be left on your finger and that took care of the problem.
It is a bit spendy for a drugstore item of not so great quality but the color selection is decent. I'd say just find it on sale.
It's super easy to find at places like ulta and Wal-Mart. That's a definite plus.
It is sticky and thick and patchy and its impossible to get a precise line with the applicator but if you're willing to work at your lipstick you can make it look half way decent like in my pic here. I prefer my lip products and makeup products to look great at application which is why I pay more for them, but on a budget you can look just as good with a little more effort and this is one of those things that requires a bit more effort.
Overall its not mind blowing or a must have item but I'd probably use it if i owned it or could find it for cheap maybe.
Taylor S.
I have a hard time finding a glossy, neutral colored lipstick to use that lasts. When I bought this product on a whim, I wasn’t hopeful. I found that the product is easy to apply and a little goes a long way! The gloss stays wet so not to dry you out. I have to say that it’s a little sticky when you first put it on, but that goes away. I’ve gotten a lot of compliments on the color and find that a lot of people I know use the product themselves! I will definitely be buying again. It’s a great product for the price and gets the job done. I’d say it’s the best drugstore brand liquid lipstick/ floss out there right now.
Ashley💄🖤 F.
Maybelline Color Sensational® Vivid Hot Lacquer Lip Gloss : I purchased this awhile ago from my local drugstore and I was first shocked by the pigmentation and how nice the shade was. After wearing it a bit longer it started to feel slightly tacky however its not the most horrible lip product to have on your lips. I think that the color range is very nice and the longevity of it is decent for a more glossy finish. I bought mine in the shade charmer 💓💞💋💄
lindsey b.
Palmdale, CA
I really like this, it’s a cross between a gloss and a liquid lip. I got the color tease and even on my fair skin it looks pretty light. It kind of resembles Mac’s shade Myth but in a gloss form. I can only really wear this shade with lip liner but it still is cute. It doesn’t look gloopy on my lips or feel that heavy. It stays a little tacky but I think thats the reason it is able to last so long. A few hours for a gloss is great! My main problem is that it got all over my teeth. I’m going to try different methods to prevent this, so I’m hoping it doesn’t happen again.
Lindsey M.
Wichita Falls
Decided to give this a shot in the color 60 Tease, which is their lightest nude shade in the lacquer. I love this by its self and know I will love this on top of some liquid matte lipsticks. The only thing I may be weird about Is the consistency. Something about it makes the color of the lacquer goes on pretty uneven. I had to basically put it on little by little, covering any spots that might seem patchy here and there. But once I did get it set it was beautiful! I do recommend it!
Jennifer F.
Fort Belvoir, VA
Vivid Hot Laquer in Tease is my all time ride or die fav nude gloss right now. I wear it over a soft brown lip liner and have gotten sooo many compliments every time I wear it. Even in the MAC Store and Sephora and I laugh when I tell them it’s drugstore lol. This gloss is not sticky and goes on super smooth and lasts through my workouts etc. The color Tease is super flattering and I will be buying again. The applicator is my favorite of all my lip glosses right now and you don’t need that much product to get the look you want.
Hope B.
I really hate lip glosses but I decided to try this out. It surprised me! It's actually very good! I just don't like the way lip gloss feels on my lips but if you love lipgloss this is perfect! It is very pigmented but can be patchy at times so you have to even it out with the lipstick wand. I think this color is so unique and beautiful. I probably wouldn't buy again just because I don't like lip glosses but if there is a matte version of this I would love to buy it! I'm impressed Maybelline ❤️
sarah a.
houston
These are amazing. They’re so opaque, so pigmented, so long lasting. I’m legit obsessed with these. They’re one of those glosses you can wear on its own and the color that’s in the translates exactly what you get on your lips. The price is right too. They’re so affordable how can you not love these. These are one of the hidden gems of the drugstore I think. I love the color tease the most. It’s the perfect baby pink brown nude
Kaelah B.
Chula Vista, CA
Does this leave a sticky feel after application
Jessica K.
High Ridge, MO
What color do you LOVE using on your lips?
Phebean C.
columbus, OH
Was this an easy applicatin for you?
sav s.
Will this dry out my lips?
Micaela R.
Morristown, TN
Are these good? Any complaints? Wear time? What's there finish?