10 colors available

BY MAYBELLINE NEW YORK #74 in Lipstick

Mattes go metallic. Sophisticated brushed metal texture in lavish metallic hues for your most sensationally gilt-y lip look.

• How do these compare to other metallic lipsticks?1 Answers
Brittany O.
Brittany O.
Tavares, FL
Review for: Smoked Silver
This review is for the Maybelline New York Color Sensational Metallic Matte lipstick in Smoked Silver.
The component is a lightweight plastic with no noteworthy characteristics. I love the color. It's a cool-toned purple which translates to a metallic heather grey-purple on my lips. The application was smooth and it didn't tug or pull on my lips like many matte lipsticks tend to do. However, it took FIVE coats to achieve semi-opacity. I believe this shade may work best as a topper. If you want to wear it alone, you'll definitely need a primer or liner underneath. You will need dry lips in order for the pigment to adhere -- and I mean DRY! You'll likely need to blot all excess moisture with a paper towel prior to application. I also wouldn't call this a true matte as it has more of a standard lipstick, satin finish. The formula feels very heavy and waxy, especially when built up. It wore well for about three to four hours before really needing a touch-up. I didn't find that it was particularly hydrating nor drying. Personally, I really don't like the heavy, tacky, greasy feeling and probably wouldn't repurchase. That's unfortunate because I really love the shade Serpentine (a beautiful metallic, reptile green). The Color Sensational Metallic Mattes retail for approximately $8 USD at most drugstore and retail chains in the US.
*I give my 100% honest opinion, never anything less.
***I received this product for free, compliments of Influenster and Maybelline, for testing purposes in the Maybelline New York VoxBox.
Ashley C.
Ashley C.
Corona, CA
Review for: Copper Rose
This review is based off the Maybelline Color Sensational Matte Metallics lipstick in the color Copper Rose.

First things first, look at my pictures below to checkout the gorgeous color of this lipstick! I'm a huge fan of the dark purple vampy lip, so this is clearly right up my alley. Color payoff is great once you build it up. I did have to do about 2-3 layers to get full coverage. So be patient with the product.

As for the finish- this product lives up to its name of metallic. It has a shimmery and glittery finish without feeling chunky or grainy. I do like the metallic aspect. As for the claim of being matte, its the furthest thing from that! the lipstick is ultra creamy and definitely has a satin finish. With that being said- this lipstick will transfer while eating or drinking. Definitely not kiss proof!

All in all it is a good product, you will also need a lip liner to help define the edges! I used MAC lip liner in plum and it was a great match!

*I received this complimentary product from Influenster & Maybelline for my own testing purposes and review. This review is courtesy of Influenster's Maybelline New York Vox Box. All opinions are 100% my own honest review.
Lexi T.
Lexi T.
Review for: Copper Rose
I am so excited to get my hands on this new lipcolor! I love a fresh lipstick that has a new top to easily apply to the Cupid's bow of the upper lip. I received Maybelline Color Sensational® Matte Metallics Lipstick complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes. I tried #966CopperRose and I initially thought it was a deep plum shade. It's a cross between “vamp” and “steampunk” which I find totally awesome! Depending on the lighting, you can see the copper-almost-glitter tones. I love the multi-dimensional metallic finish without a glossy look. Originally I thought I might need a lip balm underneath, but as I'm wearing it, my lips feel softer. 4/5 stars because it doesn't pass the drinking glass test but after blotting my lips, it passes the kiss test. Will need to reapply for all day pigment.
Allie C.
Allie C.
Cookeville, TN
Review for: Copper Rose
I received this product free for review in the Maybelline VoxBox. I was interested in giving this a shot as I know metallic lipsticks are really starting to pop out from everyone and I am still new to this trend. I found the deep red to be a color that I would have picked on my own, so that was a nice surprise. While I do like lipsticks, I tend to prefer liquid lipsticks over the regular bullet lipsticks, though I have enjoyed the Maybelline lipsticks in the past. The color payoff is nice, though the color did appear to be a lighter color on the lips - more of the copper color than it appears in the tube. The lipstick applies nice and one swipe is enough. The texture is creamy and comfortable, however, the creamy-ness is something that I tend to avoid with lipsticks personally. I did wear this for work and was able to adjust to the feeling on my lips easily. While not transfer proof, the lipstick did last for the most part throughout my lunch. I did decide to wipe it off completely before reapplying, as I am not a fan of the creamy texture, I did not want to add to it feeling heavy. I did do a touch up test later in the day and the color does well with touch ups. While not my favorite, I would be interested in trying a different color. I think the formula is fine and the color is fine, but a more bold color may make me like this even more.
Emily A.
Emily A.
Review for: Copper Rose
I received Copper Rose in my first #voxbox from Influenster. The lipstick swatched beautifully so I was super excited to try it out on my lips!

While the color is gorgeous, it applied pretty patchy and needed a couple of coats to achieve opaqueness, which was a little disappointing. With a color this dark and rich I feel one coat should be enough. However, the formula is super creamy and non-drying, which is very important to me in a matte lipstick.

Copper Rose is a great shade for fall and winter and is metallic without being overtly metallic. It would be a great choice for those wanting to try the metallic lip trend without diving in head first.

I got about 5 hours of wear before needing to reapply. This formula is definitely not eat/drink/kiss proof, so you would need to reapply after any of those activities :)

I would likely not purchase this on my own, as I am not crazy about metallic lips and I don't like having to layer on multiple coats of lipstick, especially a matte formula.

*** I received this product complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes ***
Denise H.
Denise H.
LAS VEGAS, NV
Review for: Copper Rose
I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes. I'm typically a liquid lipstick girl so I didn't expect much from this. I received the color Copper Rose and can I honestly I was blown away! Woah...the color is STUNNING!! It's a cool berry tone with a slight pearlescent finish. I have to admit though, I didn't like it at first. I initially swatched it on my lips and didn't think much of it. Fortunately I had a lip liner that matched the shade so I decided to give it another try. I lined my lips and added another coat and suddenly it just popped. It went from "meh" to "wow"! It's a bit opaque so you will need a couple of coats to build it up. I was also pleasantly surprise to find that once it dried it didn't transfer. I had a snack, gave my husband a smooch and it stayed put! Because the formula is so creamy I honestly expected it smear over everything, that's not the case, it wore beautifully. I'm not certain what wizardry went into creating this lipstick but I absolutely love it!
Brittney E.
Brittney E.
Salida, CA
Review for: Copper Rose
I was given this product for #free from @Influenster for #testing purposes and a chance to win a #contest, in exchange my #honest opinion of the product.

This was a very okay product. As far as texture the lipstick feel great. It is not gritty at all and more of a satin texture making it very smooth on my lips. But the color is not at all anywhere near as dark as what it looks. I applied several layers possibly 6-8 and still I feel that the color is very sheer. I do have a metallic and matte finish as promised but I am afraid that after one straw or snack, I'll be reapplying. Also because there is a metallic finish I feel that there are chunks in the lipstick which I found to be unpleasant.

In conclusion I probably would not buy this lipstick for I do not feel that it meets an all day wear or pigmentation that I would want a product to have.
Gabrielle N.
Gabrielle N.
Mastic Beach, NY
Maybelline Color Sensational® Matte Metallics Lipstick
I had high hopes for the Maybelline color sensational metallic matte lipstick, but unfortunately it did not meet those expectations. While the formula was decent, it was light on the lips, creamy, and felt very moisturizing, unfortunately the color payoff was very, very disappointing. I tried the shade Copper Rose, and the color during application was patchy and very sheer. It took several, if not more, coats of lipstick to get decent coverage. Also, the lipstick did not dry down matte, it had more of a satin metallic finish. The wear time on this was decent, about two to three hours with eating, talking, in summer temperatures. The color did stain my lips, leaving a rosy color behind.
If basing my opinion of this lipstick line solely on this one lipstick, I would say this line is a pass for me. I will not be recommending this to anyone in the future.
I received this product for free for review purposes. The opinions expressed are my own.
Ashley R.
Ashley R.
San Diego, CA
Review for: Copper Rose
This review is for the Maybelline Color Sensational Matte Metallic lip color in Copper Rose.

I wore it for a couple days to get a good feel on the lipstick and it's texture. When I first applied it it was nice and creamy but I didn't feel the pigmentation was as good as when I swatched it on my hand BUT with this color I was ok with that. I'm not a purplish lipstick kinda of girl so it was a bit intimidating. The staying power was ok it stayed on me for a good 1 1/2 hrs before coming completely off (I was eating and drinking of course). I would of liked for it to last longer since I wear my makeup about 9-10 hours out of the day. The thing I really like about this product is it didn't dry my lips out or make them feel dried out which is a huge plus and when the lipstick came off it stained my lips a pretty berry color so I still had color to my lips instead of them being bare. I think I would try this lipstick out again but maybe a color that I'm more comfortable with.

** I received this product complementary from @Influenster to test and give my honest review on. #MaybellineVoxbox
Bethany H.
Bethany H.
Pineville, KY
Review for: Copper Rose
I absolutely love the way this lipstick looks and feels! I have used a few of Maybelline's Color Sensational Creamy Matte lipsticks and absolutely adore them. I love that they are matte lipsticks, but don't leave your lips feeling dry and flaky after wearing it for a long period of time (which is an issue I have with many matte lip products). This one is great, and it stayed on for SO LONG! It's such a pretty color, this Copper Rose! It's not an everyday kind of shade, but perfect for a night out with a cute outfit! And the packaging is super cute, very similar to their other lipsticks. I'm excited to see what the other shades are like. I definitely want to try more of these out! I got this one free for reviewing purposes, thanks to you, @Influenster! #gotitfree #contest #maybelline #influenster #complimentary
K'Lynn M.
K'Lynn M.
Arlington, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
How do these compare to other metallic lipsticks?