Maybelline Color Sensational® Matte Metallics Lipstick

Mattes go metallic. Sophisticated brushed metal texture in lavish metallic hues for your most sensationally gilt-y lip look.

• What are your thoughts on these metallics from maybelline ?6 Answers
  • does it stay for a long time of period ?2 Answers
  • Would you recommend this color has anybody tried it6 Answers
Gina C.
Long Beach, CA
Review for: Serpentine more...
  Maybelline Color Sensational® Matte Metallics Lipstick I bought this lipstick in the color, Serpentine, which is a very metallic shimmery dark green shade. I bought this for my Halloween costume because I dressed up as Medusa. It was a very inexpensive product that can be bought and found at any drugstore.
To start, I really did enjoy how pigmented the green color was. It goes on very metallic too, so it shimmers in the light and overall looks very metallic and pretty. It was also really easy to apply with on your lips, and does have a somewhat matte finish. The product itself is a very smooth and creamy consistency. These are my pros for this product. If you are looking for a somewhat matte finish metallic lipstick that is affordable and easy to find at any drugstores, this is the lipstick you should get. It also comes in a lot of cool colors that are daring and bold.
Next, I did have some cons for this product. My first con is that this product does not wear well throughout the day. First of all, it is matte but it is EXTREMELY drying. I prepped my lips with liner and lip balm before applying the product, and as I wore it throughout the day it left my lips extremely dry and the lipstick was cracking on my lips. It also starts out with a very matte look, and then as you wear it it becomes more opaque and less pigmented. It almost starts to look like a matte lip tint, which wasn't what I was expecting when buying this "matte" product. This lipstick just isn't a full matte product, so when going to buy this, make sure you know that this acts more like a lip stain or tint then it does a matte lipstick.
All in all, I probably would not buy this product again because I do have dry lips and this product did not work at all with me. I also did not think it was very matte, but the metallic part is definitely there. It is very shimmery and metallic, as well as being very affordable. It is not a product for me, but maybe you will find that you like the way it looks and works on your lips!  Maybelline Color Sensational® Matte Metallics Lipstick

Lish N.
Eastpointe, MI
Review for: Molten Bronze, Smoked Silver more...
Conceptually, they are beautiful and have some real potential. The colors are quite unique.

I got the colors Molten Bronze and Smoked Silver. Molten Bronze is very unique in that it is a purply bronze base with a green gold micro Shimmer. Super unique! Smoked Silver, on the other hand, looks purple in the bullet with a silver micro shimmer but does indeed apply on the lips like a "smoky silver" so it is aptly named. It's basically a smokey eye but for your lips, if that makes any sense. They are both gorgeously Moody and perfect for fall.

They do indeed have a matte finish, but they are not drying. In fact, they are actually quite hydrating, especially for a matte lipstick. They have an ever-so-slight metallic Shimmer. So they are definitely matte metallic. True to advertising there.

Now for the cons. When I swatched these on my hands and bare lips, they were patchy. The micro glitter would clump together leaving patches of skin still visible through the pigment as well as an uneven distribution of metallic finish. Coverage can be built up to an adequate opacity, but it takes some work and a concealer base (yes I prepped my lips properly).

This isn't really like their color Sensational formulas in the past. I swatched several of my other color Sensational lipsticks of varying finishes just to be sure that I wasn't being too hard on these. All of the others, except for one swatched a lot smoother than these. So I think the matte metallic formula still needs a little bit of work.

But like I said, they have a lot of potential! They are very comfortable on the lips, like all color Sensational lipsticks are. They are neither to dry nor too slippery. They are long lasting and wear down gracefully. No funny tastes or smells. The color options are absolutely gorgeous! I feel like there's something for everybody in terms of Shade range. The only thing I'd say is just to fix the patchiness and hopefully go cruelty free! And these would be gosh D cool!

My favorite is definitely Smoked Silver, though, because it's so sultry and also a little less patchy. The biggest tip I can give with these is to wear concealer on your lips and avoiding rubbing your lips together until you have coated them both in product. Otherwise you'll create a patchy finish. Even if these weren't a COMPLETE win for me, I still want to thank Influenster for sending these to me for free to try. I was very excited and honored to receive my voxbox and it was a lot of fun to try these, especially since I don't know if these were colors that I would have picked myself!
Lisa L.
Morehead, KY
Review for: Molten Bronze, Smoked Silver more...
I am new to this so please bear with me (this is my 1st ever voxbox) but that being said, i am extremely happy with my new products as well as very (very) pleased with the quick shipment and delivery once approved!!! that was such a welcome surprise today in my mailbox! :) I must say that I am partial to the molten bronze shade! it was nice looking in the tube but when i put it on it was just absolutely gorgeous with my brown hair and eye palette. I don't have any pictures yet but perhaps I will post some soon with this on. very pretty. looks way better ON than you would expect just "looking at it" in the store etc. ok. so the other shade i received was the smokey silver. it totally appears purple and i agree 100% with whoever stated something about it looking like an eye shade but for your lips!?! i was like omg, i was JUST thinking that with my first application! in fact, i would go so far as to say it is also a cute beauty hack if you wanted to use it for both ;) I know i have in the past... just swipe a thin layer on the lid and pop! there ya go! ;) beautiful color and true to it's name. definitely a #mattemetallic. Also on another note dealing with this company I recently realized something totally weird as well. ***in all the hundreds of products i use and have used over the years when i got to examining them all i saw that although i use several types on different occasions; every single product I use daily (makeup) is actually maybelline!!! well. so i guess this WAS in fact the right campaign for me! <3 <3 <3 these #mattemetallics  lipsticks are the perfect addition to my maybelline collection. very happy to have been chosen and will look for more awesome products in the future! thanks #Influenster. . . i will be using these a LOT this upcoming holiday season! :)
*I received this complimentary product from Influenster & Maybelline for my own testing purposes and review. This review is courtesy of Influenster's Maybelline Metallics New York Vox Box. All opinions are 100% my own honest review. thank you.

Danielle K.
Brooklyn, NY
Review for: Molten Bronze, Smoked Silver more...
First thought? Call me weird but I most definitely have a thing for packaging! Loved the appearance of the tube. Has a dark mysterious vampire-esque vibe to it. When you think of matte you think dark and mysterious. So the packaging definitely fits the brand and the name. When I went to open the tube I fell in love with the color and the sparkles! It just automatically makes you say "ooooh!" out loud (or maybe that's just me haha). I loved the shimmery dazzling color effects. I also liked the smell! It didn't have a cheap play doh smell to it like a lot of lipsticks. It actually has a nice cocoa Shea butter like smell to it which made me realize not only is it gonna look pretty,its also most likely going to be moisturizing. Oh Maybelline how you never let me down!

So at first glance I thought it would be a little too much for everyday use but I was pleasantly surprised. The first shade I tried was Smoked Silver. At first glance it looks purple but when you put it on it looks like a darkened silver color. Hence smoked silver haha . I didn't really like this color on me. It was a little too opaque for me. Too frosty. But I think it would look good on a more fairer complexion. Second shade I tried was Molten Bronze. This color to me was definitely something I would wear on a regular basis. It was a nice coffee cocoa brown shade that seemed to blend into my skin really well. It was cute and subtle but still made a statement. Definitely great for fall. I loved how smoothly the lipstick just glided on. Very effortless. However, I didn't like the fact that you have to keep reapplying to get the effect that you want. It was a bit too sheer. I literally had to put on like three coats of lipstick to see some action lol. To see some color.It made your lips super moist but didn't turn out matte.least not for me.

Overall: great packaging, great smell great fall colors just wish they were a little more pigmented. But I haven't tried every color so I might find more that I will fall in love with or identify better with. I would definitely try more out though! I'm absolutely excited and so happy that I got my first voxbox! I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.
maximillian s.
Smyrna, GA
Review for: Molten Bronze, Smoked Silver more...
I received the colors "Molten Bronze" and "Smoked Silver" for testing purposes. The colors are far outside my lips' comfort zone, so I was excited to try something new.

The tube is not something I'd want displayed front and center, but it's not tacky either. The contour of the lipstick itself is well designed and makes for uncomplicated application. I also found both colors I received to be rather fascinating, impressive tones. However, my positive experience ends about there. Though the lipstick applies smoothly, with a creamy, rich texture, it has the issue of collecting in certain places, effecting patches of pigment while the rest of the lip sits nearly bald. No matter how many swipes over the lip I gave it, I could not get it to either mask my lip or work with its natural pink. I even used an applicator from a different lip product to attempt to help spread coverage, but to no avail. Perhaps a lip primer or concealer would elicit a different result, but as someone who likes to keep a simple makeup routine, that's not realistic for me personally.

Lately I am very into metallics (though this presents as more of a shimmery semi-matte type) so I was disappointed to not be able to put these exciting colors to use on my lips. However, since I do like them so much, I may just use them as eye tint!

Thank you to Influenster!
Jada B.
Sevierville, TN
Review for: Copper Rose more...
I bought this lipstick at the drugstore on a whim because the color caught my eye, and I'm mostly impressed! I wasn't sure how I felt about metallic lipstick coming back around, so my hopes weren't very high, but this particular color has a nice balance of sheen and pigment. A lot of metallic lip products in the past tend to go on too sheer, but this color was rich and the application was nice. When I tried the blotting/drinking/eating test, I was happy that hardly any color transferred to my napkin or glass, however, the color was almost completely gone by the time I finished eating. Otherwise, I received a lot of compliments on the color, and I didn't feel that the metallic sheen was too over-the-top. As far as the other colors go, I'm not sure if I'll have the same success, but I'm eager to try them! All in all, the quality of product is acceptable for the drugstore price.
Jessica T.
Bend, OR
Review for: Molten Bronze, Smoked Silver more...
I received the colors Molten Bronze and Smoked Silver for testing purposes.

When I swatched the two colors on my hand, I fell in love with the Smoked Silver color. The Molten Bronze is simply too brown for my skin tone. The Smoked Silver is a nice smokey silver with some purple undertones while the Molten Bronze is like a reddish-brown with some deep purple undertones. What makes them part of the metallics line is the slight shimmer in them. Normally, I am not a fan of glitter or shimmer in lipsticks and opt for matte lipsticks when possible, but I think this is a perfect amount of shimmer for an bold lip that can be worn with an every day look. I stick with more neutral looks and typically don' wear lipsticks, and when I do, they are normally nudes or subtle pinks so these metallic colors are not ones I would purchase on my own. For Halloween, I layered the Smoked Silver over a matte black lipstick and it was gorgeous. If I were to ever purchase any of these lipsticks on my own, I would use it to layer over another matte color, but wouldn't wear it on its own.

When I wore the lipstick, I was disappointed with how patchy it was, even after two or three coats, and with how dry it made my lips look despite not having dry lips. The formula is very creamy and smooth which is great because I have a hard time finding lipsticks that don't feel stiff or dry my lips out. If the product had better application, I would given it four or five stars because I think that they have some great colors, but I would rather spend my money on something with better application.

Twofaced H.
Review for: Molten Bronze more...
Maybelline Color Sensational® Matte Metallics Lipstick I love #MatteMettalics lipstick, but I have nothing in my lipstick collection that compares to these metallic shade shifters from @maybelline! The creamy formulation glides over the lips for a smooth application. The sheer creamy matte finish is buildable, so you can wear just a hint of metallic shimmer or go all ham for maximum shine! I received both Molten Bronze and Smoked Silver #free from @influenster to review. The Molten Bronze has a plum undertone that shifts to a bronze/green iridescent metallic finish, while the Smoked Silver has a lavender undertone that has a silvery iridescent metallic finish. They do dry to a creamy matte finish and are comfortable on the lips, but they will transfer during everyday wear, eating, drinking, etc. These lipsticks aren't for everyone, but if you are a matte metallic lover, like me, you will love these. They are #brieapproved. PRO TIP: (Darker Skin Tones) conceal and set the lips and line with a lip liner in order to get maximum wearability and pigmentation on these metallic shade shifters!
Sana K.
Little Elm, TX
Review for: Molten Bronze, Smoked Silver more...
Although I am a big fan of matte lipsticks yet I have to say that due to my dry lips, it's always hard for me not to end up having extremely chapped lips after wearing a matte for a long time.
With maybelline matellic lipsticks, I found it to be smooth and moisturizing it kept my lips moisturized for a long time. The colors are very unique ( a little too unique for my taste) there are mostly earthy tones. I was gotten a chance to try out molten bronze and silver smoke and if I have to choose a color between the two, I would go for the molten bronze just because it has a beautiful matellic as well as green sheen to it and it legit changes colors when light hits it :) although the lipstick quality is very nice and the one star off is just because I want to see more wearable colors in it.Also one little thing that might change your mind while swatching on your hands is the fact that it might be a little patchy if you are testing on your hands and might throw you off but Please take my words it goes really smooth on the lips and has a very nice buildable quality. So if you like a color that you really want, buy it or if possible try it on your lips instead of a hand swatch!
Another tip is to pleaaaaase apply a nude lip liner first, no the lipstick doesn't bleed, it's just that the liner will keep it in place and will be easy for you to apply :)
I am definitely buying more colors and I hope #maybellinematellics come out in many other versatile colors soon :)
I received this product on exchange of an honest review
Allison M.
Kissimmee, FL
Review for: Molten Bronze, Smoked Silver more...
Just in time for fall and Halloween, I received the Maybelline Color Sensational Matte Metallics lipsticks from @Influenster free for testing. The colors that were sent were Molten Bronze and Smoked Silver. Having tried metallic lips in the past, I was excited to see how these lips stacked up against the others.

I was excited to try Molten Bronze first since I tend to gravitate more towards that type of color. For this lip I prepped my lips as I usually do with a lip primer and a neutral lip pencil. I found that when I mixed the lipstick with it, it lost a bit of the metallic aspect. It created a nice look overall, but looked a little sloppy and wasn’t anything really special.

For the second lip, I tried Smoked Silver. I wanted to see if it would look better without the prep. While it definitely was more metallic, it was much harder to apply. It looked extremely splotchy, unveven and easily feathered outside the lips. It was a cool color and I can definitely see it for if you wanted to create a unique look, but it wasn’t for me.

Bottom line, both lips were ok considering the retail price. However, I do think there are better on the market. If you’re wanting a cheap metallic look to try, maybe for a Halloween costume, the cost makes it low risk. Although, I don’t think I would be purchasing this lip for myself.
Valentina B.
How is the pigmentation?
marisela m.
Oklahoma City, OK
Would you recommend this color has anybody tried it
Linda M.
San bernardino
What are your thoughts on these metallics from maybelline ?
K'Lynn M.
Arlington, TX
How do these compare to other metallic lipsticks?
Shi-Leka B.
Maybelline Color Sensational® Matte Metallics Lipstick do y’all loves these colors as much as I do?