10 colors available

BY MAYBELLINE NEW YORK #58 in Lip Stain

!Sorry, this product has been discontinued.

Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstain -Sheer wash of color from water-based pigments -Fresh, barely-there feel from vitamin-enriched berry nectar

Reviews (2049)
Buy on Walmart*
Jennifer S.
Jennifer S.
Mercer, PA
Review for: Color Sensational In The Buff
I originally bought this lip stain with the hopes of never having to reapply lipstick. It's the main reason why I won't wear makeup. So i saw this lip stain and figured to give it a try. Oh i hated this one when I got it. It didn't go on evenly and it came off as soon as I did anything. But being persistant, I finally realized what I was doing wrong.

1. This is a felt tip marker. People complain that the color won't come out. Well it didn't when I first tried it but as soon as I pushed a bit too hard there was a click and the color started flowing. Also, since it is a marker, you might want to store this standing with the pen tip downwards, that way it never gets dry.

2. Did you ever get a manicure that was smooth? I bet you did and it was because your nails were buffed. So with that in mind, ever so gently take your toothbrush and brush your lips. Weird? Well it's the one of the reasons your lips feel chapped. Not because they are, but because the skin cells aren't sloughed off like the rest of your body. Once I had this smooth surface I applied the stain.

3. Let it dry! Crazy concept, I know. Now maybe it's not like that with the $30 brands, maybe you can just apply and go. But I can't always go for an expensive brand. So if you have other makeup to apply, just do this step first. (side note: people complained about the color. it deepens as you wait and I applied 2 coats. Also remember, lip colors are not perfect and this one doesn't cover your lips but works with the color you have. Not even lipsticks look the same on 2 people.)

4. Once completely dry,, with a very light touch apply chapstick or lip balm (try to use your finger, again, very lightly).
Anastasiia T.
Anastasiia T.
Evanston, IL
I love this lipstain. I could never use lipstick, just lip balm, because I could easily forget to re-apply it during the day and till evening it looked awful. However this lipstain is just perfect for me because I can wear it the whole day, i can eat, drink, talk and so on - and it still be on my lips. It is a little dry and I have to make sure, that I use balm at night - but overall I am very-very satisfied. I can easily put balm on top of this lipstain and it feels comfortable. In addition - it looks very-very natural! I even bought one for my mother!
Lauren K.
Lauren K.
Saint Charles
So I'm usually a lipstick go to person. I tried this and was skeptical about it at first. But the more I use it the more I love it! It goes on really well and lasts through most of my work day. I tend to reapply just to have the coverage and to prevent fade but that's mostly out of habit with my lipsticks. I want to branch out with more colors just to see if I can fully switch. But I think I will have a hard time getting rid of my matte lipsticks. Haha! This stuff is great tho. It doesn't dry out and looks great on!
Jane W.
Jane W.
Cheswick, PA
This is a great lip stain for the everyday woman who can't afford all those expensive high end brands. I use it all the time and love all the many colors they offer. It goes on so easy with the perfect precise application tip. It is not gooey or runny at all and last for a long time. I was able to put it on in the morning and drink my coffee and eat without it rubbing off. I do have to re-apply later in the day but to only have to do it once compared to normal lip stick is amazing.
Melissa C.
Melissa C.
Rochester, NY
Review for: Lipcolor Wink Of Pink
This was the first lip stain I ever tried. It does stay on your lips for such a long time, which I was very impressed with. But a down fall of this product is it dries out fast I had it for about a month and a half and had to throw it away because the tip dried out and I no longer could get product out. I wasn't too upset with that because it is an inexpensive product that is widely available. So when it came time to by another one I knew I could just run to Walmart and find one.
Samantha H.
Samantha H.
Pico Rivera, CA
I honestly got this because I thought that it would be a little bit better than it was, i got this when it launched, the idea was so perfect since I am not able to wear such bright colors to work but I got a light pink color, i cant remember the name but it really complemented my skin tone but the consistency was really patchy and i kept building product but I didn't get anywhere. I wouldn't really recommend it if you're going for a full coverage look.
Maria B.
Maria B.
East Wenatchee
I did not like the packaging of this product, I am so use to liquid lip stains. I usually buy mine through korean brands, wanted to try an american lip stain. I bought mine at target. The product its self is a pen like product. The application is easy to use but I don't like the smell or the taste of these, they are really bitter and the smell is nasty. I don't recommend this at all, i would be a bad friend if i did. Nope tossed it in the trash.
Nyctyloyd z.
Nyctyloyd z.
Compton, CA
I love the Sensational Lip Stain by Maybelline Color not only does it not leave any yucky residue on my lips when applied but it is long lasting. Forget about applying lipstick every 20 mins. With this Lip Stain you will be set until you clock out. I love that their is no stick feeling on my lips. So this Lipstain is one of my top 3 favorites. I owned around 4 colors and they are all great. I would definitely recommend this product.
donna B.
donna B.
Middleburg, FL
Review for: Color Sensational Bit Of Brown
I love lip this lip stain . The only down side is it doesn't last as long as I would like but it does hold a good 3-4 hours . Which is just great . Bit of brown is like a light/dark nude if that makes any since . I find that exfoliating the lips once a week helps from your lips looking dry with these , I learned the hard way not to wear chap stick over top of this to keep lips moist , it will make your lasting time shorter .
Kira O.
Kira O.
Melbourne, FL
Review for: Lipcolor Plum Flushed
These are just....Okay. they don't last very long and I don't find that it really stains my lips the color that's on the tube. and while that's okay, it also doesn't make my lips feel any softer or more hydrated after using them...so that's why I gave it such a low score. I know some products work well for others and then don't work well for me, so if you want I say give them a try and don't just base it off this one review.
Aspen E.
Aspen E.
Atlanta, GA
How would you compare a lip stain to a tinted lip balm?
Asucena L.
Asucena L.
Phoenix, AZ
Is this longlasting? If yes, approximately how many hours can i wear before reapplying?
Chelsea M.
Chelsea M.
Reading, Berkshire
Does this have a drying effect? and how easy is it to remove?
Brittany R.
Brittany R.
I've tired lip stain before and it would burn my lip sometimes. does it burn peoples lip too?
Maggie R.
Maggie R.
Lakewood, OH
Does this have any shine to it?