BY MAYBELLINE #8 in Eyebrow Pencils, Gels & Powders

Micro-precision in every stroke! Fill and blend for full and natural-looking eyebrows.

• Synthetic Japan Wax

• So I'm looking for really cheap alternative versions of the Anast...1 Answers
Julie D.
Louisville
Review for: Soft Brown
This is probably my favorite product that I have.  I bought this on clearance for half price to give it a try and found myself pleasantly surprised!  As the name says, the pencil is micro and precise.  I normally find eyebrow products too red for my hair, even when called brown, but this color matches perfectly.  When applied, it looks indistinguishable from actual hair, and the applying part is easy thanks to the small tip!  The brush on the other end is very useful for feathering down edges.

The only issue I had at the beginning was that I would extend too much of the pencil and it would break off, so you only need a minimal amount at a time.  No other issues, I don't see myself ever needing another eyebrow product!
Saowda F.
Review for: Deep Brown
PROS:
-Easy to use.
-Accessible.
-Inexpensive, but that does depend on where you purchase the product.
-The pencil or tip is thin so that it gives precise and soft strokes.
-You can the pencil for a dramatic or natural brow. I prefer natural brows.
-Versatile

CONS:
-The tip is quite delicate and mine ended up breaking off. Basically, don't apply too much pressure on the pencil or it will break.
-I did not like the brush/spoolie end of the pencil because it was little too stiff and harsh on my brows.
-There needs to be more color selections and undertones. The one I had was little too brown or warm for my liking. I usually like a soft black or grey-black color for my brows such as the NYX Micro Brow or the ColourPop's Brow Boss Pencil.

Overall, I had high hopes for this product, but it ended up disappointing me.
Justina V.
Wappingers Fl, NY
Review for: Soft Brown
This was the 1st brow pencil I purchased at an extremely affordable price when I realized I had sparse shorter brows that needed I use this product almost everyday because your eyebrows shape your face and symmetry equates to beauty in the human eye! This pencil works great but sometimes if I push too far it can look less authentic but when I use perfect pressure my eyebrows come out perfect& all in all I love the product plus the fact that it has a spooly really seals the deal for me. It comes with a lot of product so I only have had to repurchase it one time!!
Carolyn B.
Carrollton , TX
Review for: Deep Brown
I really like this brow pencil, it's quick and easy to apply and lasts all day. It also doesn't make my brows itchy like some pencils do. I have dark brows that aren't quite black so the deep brown is perfect for me. It is decently priced, though I'm pretty sure I used a cartwheel deal at Target when I got mine. If you like the NYX or Anastasia micro brow pencils check this one out too.
Kimberly Y.
Mt Prospect, IL
Review for: Auburn
This brow pencil just did not do it for me.  I purchased it from Walgreens.  Whenever I would use it, the tip would break.  Even if I rolled it up very low, it would still break off with each use.    After only a few uses, the product was gone due to all of the breaks.  The formula went on ok and if not for the breaking, I would purchase again.
Jessica S.
Egg Hbr Twp, NJ
Review for: Deep Brown
I go through micro brow pencils like crazy! I have tried pretty much every brand (Anastasia Beverly Hills, L'Oreal, NYX). To be honest, they all seem to work the same for me and I go through them all just as fast. I like this Maybelline one because it does the job for the smallest price. I have fairly dark eyebrows and usually purchase a darker brown color, however, for the past two purchases, I have gone with the "soft brown" shade. It is the perfect brown! Not too warm, a neutral slightly cool undertone and the has the perfect depth. This range does not have a large variety of colors but I think the soft brown would probably suit a lot of brunettes. If you have a trickier eyebrow color to match, it might be best to go with a range that has more variety.
Hilary W.
Havana
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is a great brow pencil! I love how tiny it is- this makes it easy to actually make realistic hair strokes. It's affordable and easy to find at any local drugstore. The only setback is it didn't last very long for me. However, the price is low- so I don't mind purchasing it a little more often than I would other brow products. Highly recommend
Sara S.
Review for: Soft Brown
Before this product, I was afraid to put makeup on my eyebrows. I always thought it looked so obvious on everyone else and as someone who doesn't wear a lot of makeup, I didn't want that to happen to me. On a whim I bought this product and I am so glad I did. I use it every single day. Even on days I have no other makeup on. The pencil is so thin that it doesn't make the lines you create look obvious. It is natural and blends right in with your other hair. I don't have thin eyebrows, but I don't have thick eyebrows either. I'm somewhere in the middle. I don't shape my eyebrows either. I just use this product to fill in the sparse areas and it works perfectly.
Mandy C.
Elk Grove, CA
Review for: Soft Brown
This product just didn't work out for the way I do my brows. I usually line with a pencil, fill in with a powder, and sculpt out with concealer. So, really, I don't go for the fluffy natural look. Only because I don't have enough real hairs to go for that look. This pencil *might* be good for someone with already full brows looking to clean up a little. My issue with this was that the tip broke off every other stroke. I don't think I have too heavy of a hand, but they really mean micro when they say micro pencil! The product itself is so skinny and fragile once you twist it out of the tube! There are a lot of better pencils out there for drugstore prices.
Sab L.
Tampa, FL
Review for: Soft Brown
Solid brow pencil! I would say this pencil is a good dupe for ABH's brow wiz. The pencil has a very fine tip and wonderful pigmentation which leaves my brows looking full and on fleek throughout the day. I do set my brows with setting powder to make sure nothing's sliding around during the day because I did have that happen when I didn't set my makeup. The brush is nice and has good texture. The main problem with it is if you dispense too much and try to apply it on your brows, then it can easily just break and you'll waste product. For the price though, definitely a dupe to the $20 brow wiz!
Angela S.
Oxford, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have been looking for a brow pencil to help add some thickness to my brows. I have heard great things about all of the Anastasia brow products and Nyx brow products. Does anyone know if this is comparable? Also how does it do when thickening up brows and not just filling them in?
reagan H.
Blue Ridge, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is this something that can be used for people just starting to do their eyebrows?
Katelyn O.
E Stroudsburg, PA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Has this brow pencil worked for you?
Shalana F.
Beauty Junkie Expert
How do you make this product last? I can only get a perfect use out of this one 2 times. It breaks off so easily and before you know it its no more product left
Ana C.
Green Bay, WI
So I'm looking for really cheap alternative versions of the Anastasia brown wiz and the NYX micro brow pencil, but those are both high prices for me considering I use those products every day and I run out of them very quickly. I love them but I can't stand spending 20-10$ on them every few weeks. Just wanted to know if I can compare this product to them considering the fact they look very similar?