BY MAYBELLINE #36 in Eyebrow Pencils, Gels & Powders

Raise eyebrows with this pomade crayon. Sculpts and tames as it colors.

• Isononyl Isononanoate

Rebecca T.
Rebecca T.
San Diego, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
If you try to use this product based on how Maybelline marketed it ("Apply in one sweep", you're going to hate this product. The tip is very blunt, becomes even more flat as you use it, and gives NO precision. However, if you have a brow brush (Anastasia #12 or #14 works great) and pick up the product on your brush and apply, it's actually a pretty good formula. It has some waxiness in it so it holds down your brow hairs while providing pigment to fill in your brows.

The product is creamy and similar to Anastasia Brow Pomade, though slightly less heavy so you can use a bit of a heavier hand when applying. There actually isn't a lot of product in the stick even though it looks like it is. You can maybe twist up an additional 1/2 inch and that's all you get.... Interesting idea, but poor execution, though the formula of the product isn't bad if you use a brow brush.
Emily C.
Emily C.
I got this from the Influenster box. Anyways I really liked it to begin with, however as I used more of it and it got duller, it was super messy. The arch and tail of my brows get fairly thin so the product went over the skin surrounding my brows as well. This meant that I had to go back in with a makeup wipe and clean up a lot! I think this is a nice, pigmented product that is easy to work with when you first get it but the design of it is terrible. After only a few uses you have to switch to using a brush to apply it rather than using it as intended because of how large of a crayon it becomes. I absolutely adore this product as it fills my brows in and keeps them in place with minimal effort. I just wish the crayon was slimmer
Michelle R.
Michelle R.
I received this product free from Influenster. My own opinion is that this pomade crayon is good for going the smooth feeling to your brows and taming them. I have thick, curly eyebrow hairs that sometimes have a mind of their own and need to be controlled. This crayon does that. But, I only give it 3 stars because it really doesn't help in giving shape because it gets worn down and the crayon becomes thick, making it hard to sculpt a shape. It gives natural coloring, but in order to get a natural look, I have to sculpt and shape with an eyebrow pencil first and then swipe over with this pomade crayon for the taming.
I was unable to register to write a review on Maybelline's website due to problems with their website.
Ronda C.
Ronda C.
Winston Salem, NC
Bought Two on Re-Purchase
The 1st time I bought this, all my other brow products got left behind. The Lonelies. When it was time for a new one, I bought two; so one could stay in my makeup bag in my purse. So I've use three of these (almost) and I'm still loving these.
This product works best on ladies with sparse brows. It's a waxy crayon. If you've seen products with dual pans -- one for color and one for "sticky" -- the crayon combines both of those. A pencil sketches individual hairs, but for a smoother, more dramatic look that keeps your natural brows under control and adds the illusion of fuller brows, this brow crayon is the best.
Marie F.
Marie F.
I was fortunate enough to try out this product thanks to Influenster. Unfortunately these eye crayons did not exceed my expectations. I thought I chose the two darkest colors, but the two that I received just didn't work with my natural hair color. As I was applying the crayon to my eyebrows, it became difficult towards the end portion because the crayon tip is too bulky. The formula applied on like a wax but due to the light, creamy texture, it smeared and came off easily. Overall, it was a great concept of making a pomade crayon, but the execution isn't quite there for me. Maybe I'll give it another try in the future.
Chelsea W.
Chelsea W.
Pierce City, MO
Beauty Junkie Expert
I tried this product out because I thought it would be a quick and easy brow solution when I'm in a hurry. The formula is creamy and applies smoothly, however, once the tip becomes dull (which happened in about 2 uses), the product applies very thick and does not look natural at all. While I do enjoy the ease of application as opposed to using a basic brow gel and brush, I prefer the look of my go-to brow solution over this product. The lack of color selection was also a bummer. I prefer a very light brown shade and the lightest color was just a bit too dark for my skin tone. I would not recommend this product.
Ashlynne A.
Ashlynne A.
I received these items from influenster for free, however all opinions are my own.

I did not like these crayons at all. I found that they had a nice color for my brows, but the texture was off. I felt like they were too creamy for the brows and made me look like I had caterpillars on my face. It felt nice, and it's a nice idea for a product, but they just did not work for my brows. I prefer more waxy brow products and this just glided on like I would want an eyeliner to glide on. 2 stars for the color since they didn't pull red, but still a low rating due to the texture. I'm really sad these didn't work for me!
Anna K.
Anna K.
SAVANNAH, GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I purchased this tonight for the first time due to many Influenster recommendations. I am very, very impressed. It looks completely natural and was so very easy to use! filled in my sparse brows expertly! If you're like me, and a beginner to filling in your brows, then this is the perfect start!

Edit: while promising in the beginning, it just doesn't provide the results of other browsers products out there. There's no setting wax and the product would be better if it were double ended with a setting wax. I was new to makeup when writing this, and now that I have more experience, I'd go with something else.
Elise L.
Elise L.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is my first item from Influenster and I have to admit, I am rather impressed! I was initially pleasantly surprised when I found that I received two products, not just one! This is the first eyebrow crayon I had ever used, and was thoroughly impressed with them. Both shades blended in nice on my eyebrows and looked natural. The crayons were easy to blend in, and lasted all day. They leave your eyebrows almost chalky looking, but I find that more suitable. They shouldn't look damp or messed with. I personally would recommend these to any beginner eyebrow shaper!
Bella C.
Bella C.
Huntington , WV
I normally use eyeshadow to fill in my eyebrows, I like a natural look and my eyebrows are very light so I have to shade them in daily, all the brow pencils I've tried have rubbed off throughout the day or just wasn't my shade, until I got this product from Influenster to test. I received the colors 255 Soft Brown and 260 Deep Brown, the Soft Brown is the perfect match for me and I'm sure the Deep Brown will come in handy when I dye my hair. I recommend this product if you're using it for a nice natural look, its sticks great to my eyebrow hairs and lasts all day.
Aida M.