BY MAYBELLINE #12 in Face Primer

Instant Pore Eraser® leaves skin with a smooth matte finish and moisturizes all day.

• Dimethicone

• First Attempt at Halloween Makeup Maybelline Baby Skin® Instant P...1 Answers
  • Is this really worth all the hype?87 Answers
Reviews (11970)
Abigail A.
Updated dec 2016 - I originally gave this 3 out of 5 stars. I was thinking that it got me super oil and enhanced some kind of texture in my skin that I didn't even know I had because I used it during the summer time. It's winter season now and I decided to give this another try. I tried this with a Laura Mercier foundation and a Japanese BB cream from the brand Kanebo. While it definitely blurred out my pores, it just sits on top of my skin and causes my foundation to slip and slide around. In the two hour mark, I definitely felt very oily and true enough when I looked in the mirror I was a giant grease ball. The worst thing about this product is that it brought out a very rough looking texture type of look in my skin, and that never happens with my other primers even with the water based ones. When I initially tried it, i already didn't like it but now, I hate it. I don't know why it worked for so many people and why it didn't work out for me.
Michelle T.
Deming, NM
We've all had those days, we get up feeling fabulous and completely motivated to look extra glamorous AND our mirrors ate just screaming, "your slaying!" We have an extra strut to our walk, we are loving our jobs and the world is just extra beautiful UNTIL we stop by the bathroom at work and holy makeup gods....the mirror at home lied!!!!! I tend to get carried away with my undereye concealer, and I've learned that Maybelline Pore Eraser will fix that ugly, thick mess easily!!!! I'll dab a small amount (yes over foundation, concealer, and powders) onto my disaster areas, I keep a couple of cheap makeup wedges in my makeup bag and just gently dab over my problems and it fixes it, and it gives you a gorgeous blur! It works amazing to fix dark fallout after you've applied your foundation! This primer has so many uses, besides just as a primer!
Ashlyn A.
I used to LOVE this primer, so much that at one point I might even had called it a dupe for very known and loved, Benefit Porefessional Primer. I don't know what happened, but my opinion changed overnight. For the price, I suppose it's great if you're not oily but also not too dry, then you may love this product! I have an oily t-zone and found recently that maybe I was not paying close enough attention in the past, but this moves my foundation around ALL DAY. It separates, it leaves me feeling greasy, and I've been scared to try it since then. It's possible that I've not found a foundation that plays well with this product, yet. I will say it does wonders for smoothing the skin, but as far as "staying power" for my foundation, it's a no from me.
Whitney W.
So I was trying to find cheaper options for make up and this one is VERY similar to others than I have used that are more expensive. I found online that someone suggested this as a replacement for pore no more by benefit. While I really love both, they're pretty different. This is clear and does make your skin feel pretty much the same as pore no more does, but it feels a bit less like lotion/foundation than the benefit product does. I have been using this for a short time now and so far it's great. I do use makeup setting spray, so that may help as well, but this seems to keep my makeup REALLY fresh and makes it last quite a while. I tend to get dry skin sometimes, too, and this keeps it at bay while not making it oily either.
Erin M.
Bellingham, MA
I bought this product a little over a year ago,and struggled with it for a while. I don't have huge pores, but they're still noticeable especially in the summer. When i squeezed the product out onto my finger for the first time I was horrified, It felt so greasy and slippery, I was convinced it wouldn't work. After playing with it for a few months I wasn't really sold on the product. If you apply even slightly too much makeup tends to just slip around. I prefer no thought products, I get out of bed wash my face and slap on makeup in the morning. This product takes me too much time in the morning thinking through how much to squeeze out and I stress too much throughout the day because I find it to be unreliable.
Ashley C.
Sterling Hts, MI
I really love this product, this is my third time purchasing it. My mom first found it and got me hooked. It's perfect when you have dry skin, especially in winter, and it gives your face a little added moisture and softness. What's great about this is you can use it by itself, or under your concealer. When I put it on by itself, I notice right away that my pores are less defined so it gives me the confidence to go without concealer. But when I go out to an event, putting concealer over it just makes it that much better. I do find that a matte concealer works best over this product because it takes away the shininess so that your face doesn't look, shall we say, greasy? Overall, GREAT product!
Baylee M.
Denver, CO
I purchased this after seeing good reviews on-line. I've been using Smash box primer for months and while I love the product I just don't really have the money for it (being a poor college student). This is definitely budget-friendly and is adorably packaged. Texture-wise it is similar to Smash box's primer. When I put this on my skin, my skin is left feeling smooth but there is definitely some residue left behind (nothing too major). This product definitely blurs my pores but they don't disappear or anything. I haven't really noticed a huge difference in the way my make up looks over top of this. If you are on a budget this definitely works, it's no miracle worker but it gets the job done.
Crystal K.
East Haven , CT
I had high hopes for this primer.I remember when it first came out,I went all over looking for it as it was sold out everywhere.I'm a big,big fan of Baby Lips,and I thought this would be another great find...
While it's not terrible,it really is very oily but leaves a strange,powder-like finish.
Like a lot of primers,it has silicone in it,which can be problematic for some skin types.
I find it makes makes makeup application only slightly easier,and it also pills if you apply too much pressure,for me.
Sadly,I wouldn't recommend this primer,like I would the rest of the "Baby" like.I do like the amount of product you get and love the packaging.
Rachel R.
Tecumseh, OK
I really love this primer, and I am not a big fan of drugstore makeup! It really does fill in your pores and looks like it's blurring out your skin. I use this on clients all the time because it's just as amazing as other high end primers I own, like Dr. Brandt, Urban Decay, MUFE. I like to really push it into the pores and then sweep down onto the cheeks to make the skin look really smooth. Make sure to only use it in areas where you really need it, because it will just make other areas greasy. 4 stars because I don't feel it lasts as long as other primers, but it's on par for a drugstore brand.
Leska B.
en mi caso me ayudo a disminuir los poros en mi piel... luego de la aplicacion senti mi piel suave y tersa... me ayudo a eliminar los excesos de brillo ya q mi piel es grasosa... lo recomiendo a quienes deseen reducir poros y eliminar el brillo de la piel con un solo producto...

In my case helped me to reduce the pores in my skin ... after the application felt my skin smooth and smooth ... helped me to eliminate the excesses of brightness and my skin is greasy ... I recommend it to those who wish Reduce pores and eliminate the shine of the skin with a single product ... kisses from vzla
Andrea C.
Cottondale , AL
Is this really worth all the hype?
Nur A.
How well does this work as a primer on oily or acne covered skin?
Taylor S.
Is this really a good dupe for the benefit porefessional primer?
Katie H.
Kansas City, MO
I've read in a few review it makes your skin oily after a few hours, is that true?
Kyra S.
Does this feel greasy on the skin? I'm trying to figure out how it erases pores. Does it fill them in? Because my makeup seems to slide around when I use a silicone based primer