BY MAYBELLINE NEW YORK #7 in Face Primer

Instant Pore Eraser® leaves skin with a smooth matte finish and moisturizes all day.

• Dimethicone

• CI 73360 / Red 30
  • CI 77492 / Iron Oxides

• Is this really worth all the hype?86 Answers
  • Witch is best Maybelline baby skin pore or NYX pore eraser? 7 Answers
  • I have been looking for a primer to use for my eye lids to keep the...5 Answers
Abigail A.
Abigail A.
Review for: Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Primer
Updated dec 2016 - I originally gave this 3 out of 5 stars. I was thinking that it got me super oil and enhanced some kind of texture in my skin that I didn't even know I had because I used it during the summer time. It's winter season now and I decided to give this another try. I tried this with a Laura Mercier foundation and a Japanese BB cream from the brand Kanebo. While it definitely blurred out my pores, it just sits on top of my skin and causes my foundation to slip and slide around. In the two hour mark, I definitely felt very oily and true enough when I looked in the mirror I was a giant grease ball. The worst thing about this product is that it brought out a very rough looking texture type of look in my skin, and that never happens with my other primers even with the water based ones. When I initially tried it, i already didn't like it but now, I hate it. I don't know why it worked for so many people and why it didn't work out for me.
Michelle T.
Michelle T.
Deming, NM
We've all had those days, we get up feeling fabulous and completely motivated to look extra glamorous AND our mirrors ate just screaming, "your slaying!" We have an extra strut to our walk, we are loving our jobs and the world is just extra beautiful UNTIL we stop by the bathroom at work and holy makeup gods....the mirror at home lied!!!!! I tend to get carried away with my undereye concealer, and I've learned that Maybelline Pore Eraser will fix that ugly, thick mess easily!!!! I'll dab a small amount (yes over foundation, concealer, and powders) onto my disaster areas, I keep a couple of cheap makeup wedges in my makeup bag and just gently dab over my problems and it fixes it, and it gives you a gorgeous blur! It works amazing to fix dark fallout after you've applied your foundation! This primer has so many uses, besides just as a primer!
angelina f.
angelina f.
This product is great as a primer, it makes my skin very smooth and soft and my foundation goes on very well with it. This is my go-to product when it comes to priming under my eyes before I put on my concealer. If I put on concealer without this, it will cake and crease, but whenever I use baby'skin my concealer blends amazingly and goes on smoothly without any problems. I did break out a little when I first used this, but that's probably because my skin wasn't use to it. I don't ~really~ see much of a difference on my pores though, and it claims to be a pore eraser. I also don't think it makes your makeup last any longer than usual. If you just want your makeup to go on smoothr and blend better then I recommend this, otherwise it's a product you can totally skip on buying.
Breyonna S.
Breyonna S.
I tried this primer out on a whim and honestly I just don't really see that it does anything. I really wanted to love this because I have been looking for a nice drugstore option for a primer that is relatively cheaper than my Too Faced Primed and Poreless primer. When I use it it just feels like its an added step in my routine that could just be cut out or replaced with a different product. It feels like silicone and just feels weird on the skin. Its very thin but also doesn't feel like it sets, its very hard to explain. I have tried it a few times and just really didnt see that it smoothed my skin or lessened the appearance of my pores. It smelled like silicone and I could smell it until I applied my foundation over it. Wouldn't repurchase this.
Ashlyn A.
Ashlyn A.
I used to LOVE this primer, so much that at one point I might even had called it a dupe for very known and loved, Benefit Porefessional Primer. I don't know what happened, but my opinion changed overnight. For the price, I suppose it's great if you're not oily but also not too dry, then you may love this product! I have an oily t-zone and found recently that maybe I was not paying close enough attention in the past, but this moves my foundation around ALL DAY. It separates, it leaves me feeling greasy, and I've been scared to try it since then. It's possible that I've not found a foundation that plays well with this product, yet. I will say it does wonders for smoothing the skin, but as far as "staying power" for my foundation, it's a no from me.
Pamela S.
Pamela S.
Review for: Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Primer
I bought this when it first came out and I liked it but wasn't that impressed. Since then tons and tons of new primers have Coke out by every brand on the market and I have tried each one from the highest priced to the lowest price. Right now in my drawer I have over 20 different pore minimizers yet every single time I wind up using something else under my makeup I always seem to go back and reach for this! I pat a little bit on my biggest pores OVER my makeup and WOW! Flawless .. It really makes it smooth and your pores are invisible . I don't know why I keep trying anything else at this point . I guess it's because they just keep coming and coming out with new ones :) I think it's time to just dump them in the trash and keep only this
Katie B.
Katie B.
New Orleans, LA
This product is great if you have large pores for I definitely notice a difference in my pores after using it. The texture of the product itself is slippery and feels like most silicone primers. To apply it, I feel like it is better to pat in with a beauty blender than rubbing it in with your hands. It's also important to note a little goes a long way with this product because if you put too much on your face your make up is going to slide around everywhere due to this products slippery texture. Personally, I like to apply this only on the parts of my face with the largest pores- my nose and cheek area. I also like to use this after I have already used my Nivea men's shave balm to prevent my foundation from slipping throughout the day.
Whitney W.
Whitney W.
So I was trying to find cheaper options for make up and this one is VERY similar to others than I have used that are more expensive. I found online that someone suggested this as a replacement for pore no more by benefit. While I really love both, they're pretty different. This is clear and does make your skin feel pretty much the same as pore no more does, but it feels a bit less like lotion/foundation than the benefit product does. I have been using this for a short time now and so far it's great. I do use makeup setting spray, so that may help as well, but this seems to keep my makeup REALLY fresh and makes it last quite a while. I tend to get dry skin sometimes, too, and this keeps it at bay while not making it oily either.
Linsey G.
Linsey G.
Mckinney, TX
Review for: Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Primer
I only used this once but I wasn't that fond of it. I heard it was great to use as a primer aside from blurring large pores. I didn't like the way it felt on my face; it was kind of slippery. I have oily/combination skin and I prefer a matte finish. I know it's silicone based but I like the Rimmel Stay Matte Primer which also has some silicone in it and it doesn't have that slippery feel. This kept me more semi matte than the full matte I like (or that could just be because the texture) and as far as the pore blurring technology it claims to have, I can't comment on that since I only used it the one time. Everyone prefers different things and this just happened not to work for me. I didn't think it was terrible, just okay.
Erin M.
Erin M.
Bellingham, MA
I bought this product a little over a year ago,and struggled with it for a while. I don't have huge pores, but they're still noticeable especially in the summer. When i squeezed the product out onto my finger for the first time I was horrified, It felt so greasy and slippery, I was convinced it wouldn't work. After playing with it for a few months I wasn't really sold on the product. If you apply even slightly too much makeup tends to just slip around. I prefer no thought products, I get out of bed wash my face and slap on makeup in the morning. This product takes me too much time in the morning thinking through how much to squeeze out and I stress too much throughout the day because I find it to be unreliable.
Andrea C.
Andrea C.
Cottondale, AL
Is this really worth all the hype?
Influenster M.
Influenster M.
How well does this work as a primer on oily or acne covered skin?
Taylor S.
Taylor S.
Is this really a good dupe for the benefit porefessional primer?
Katie H.
Katie H.
Kansas City, MO
I've read in a few review it makes your skin oily after a few hours, is that true?
Kyra S.
Kyra S.
Does this feel greasy on the skin? I'm trying to figure out how it erases pores. Does it fill them in? Because my makeup seems to slide around when I use a silicone based primer