Maybelline Baby Lips® Moisturizing Lip Balm
No more basic lip balm! Achieve intense lip repair + eight-hour hydration.
Polybutene, Octyldodecanol, Isopropyl Myristate, Petrolatum, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Polyethylene, Ozokerite, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter/Shea Butter, Diisostearyl Malate, Candelilla Cera/Candelilla Wax/Cire De Candelilla, Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Parfum/Fragrance, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Aroma/Flavor, Silica, Isopropyl Palmitate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Limonene, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Benzyl Benzoate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Aluminum Hydroxide, Citral, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Tin Oxide, Geraniol, Eugenol, Aloe Barbadensis Extract/Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Mel/Honey/Miel, Calcium Pantothenate, Ascorbic Acid, Dimethicone, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen
CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Mica, CI 45410/Red 28 Lake, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 15850/Red 7, CI 45380/Red 22 Lake, CI 19140/Yellow 5 Lake. CI 42090/Blue 1 Lake, CI 15985/Yellow 6 Lake, CI 75470/Carminesee more...
Top Questions See all 9,649 Q&A
- "I saw tons of adds and such for this product so afeter a few weeks i stopped by and picked up the bright pink one , it worked wonder! i have dark lips so putting to much on would overload because these lip balms are supper pigmented! i now have the clear one in peppermint! these balms are soo moisturizing and with the sun block it was soo handy for the summer! i used it probly everyday of the summer and i still have soo much left " in 4534 reviews
- "I can't get enough of Maybelline Baby Lips! They are moisturizing, tinted, and smell amazing! The packaging is adorable, and I really love the caps on these. They're easy to slide on and off, and also easy to slide up and down. The scent is slight and not overpowering at all. The tint usually lasts me all day. When you firt apply these, you'll notice that they give off a lot of shine, but that wears off quickly, leaving a matte tint, without drying out the lips! There are 6 main flavors: Quenched (clear/fruity scent), Peppermint (clear/minty scent), Cherry Me (red tint/cherry candy scent), Grape Vine (purple tint/grape candy scent) , Pink Punch (pink tint/pink lemonade scent), and Peach Kiss (nude tint/peach candy scent) There are three new, limited edition Baby Lips out and are currently being sold at Walgreens: Coral Crush, Twinkle, and Pink Wink. I've used up so many of the Cherry and Quenched, those are the best in my opinion! I love how baby lips leaves my lips feeling soft and looking gorgeous!" in 3402 reviews
- "This makes my lips sooo soft! And unlike other chapsticks it doesn't leave my lips dry after only half an hour, it's great for any season, and it comes in pretty colors, " in 3175 reviews
- "This makes my lips sooo soft! And unlike other chapsticks it doesn't leave my lips dry after only half an hour, it's great for any season, and it comes in pretty colors, " in 3174 reviews
- "This makes my lips sooo soft! And unlike other chapsticks it doesn't leave my lips dry after only half an hour, it's great for any season, and it comes in pretty colors, " in 3132 reviews
I originally purchased one several years ago (5+) and everything about it was great. Apparently it still is (I found out tonight my sister has my old one and still loves and uses it lol). Here's the problem...I'm absolutely certain since then the formula has changed. I've purchased a few tubes since then; the original, a tinted, and a medicated one. They were all awful. The medicated one made my lips worse, the tinted one felt like children's makeup, and the original one seemed to make my lips worse and had a bad flavor.
I understand when a lip product is flavored, because you're likely to get some in your mouth at some point. What I don't understand is why this new formula is so heavily perfumed that's all I taste. It literally makes me sick to my stomach, it's so bad. I didn't even make it a half an hour before my lips dried out and I couldn't even stomach putting on another coat. I got some in an emergency pinch and almost immediately regretted it. Even though it was only $3, it still made me cringe to think I waisted money on this product.
Formula— Quenched and Peach Kiss were most effective in providing moisture. The product actually absorbed into my chapped and cracked lips and smoothed them out within a week of use. Coral Crush and Strike a Rose were moisturizing but only slightly; it seemed like the moisture was a little greasy and surface-level and refused to truly sink into my skin.
Color— Peach Kiss is a sheer universally flattering nude. Coral Crush adds a great brightening effect to your lips. Strike a Rose was a little to neon for me.
Packaging— I think the packaging is just okay. I don't really care how product packaging looks; only how well it works for utilitarian purposes. For these, the caps seem to come a little loose (but not enough for the product to fall out) after a few months of removing and replacing. If you drop them, the caps may break (happened to my Peach Kiss), causing the product to fall out in your purse or backpack. Be careful not to drop it and you'll be fine!
I have chronically dry lips, so I'm always looking for a moisturizing balm. I picked this up at Walmart after hearing good things from my little sister and I was extremely disappointed. The formula of this balm sits on top of your lips, it never sinks in and deeply moisturizes. Not only that, but it almost seems like my lips are in worse shape after wearing this balm than when I put it on in the first place!
Maybelline has some great, affordable products...but this isn't one of them. The packaging is cute, but that's about it. It's a hard pass from me.
Only to discover over time that they made my lips even MORE dry and chapped,... The color selection is pretty, and as a teenager, these balms were an affordable way for me to start my makeup collection,... But I’ve thrown them all out over the years, without even finishing them. I’ve discovered lip products that actually HELP my lips, and I’ve happily upgraded to using products such as fresh Sugar Tinted Lip Treatment Sunscreen SPF 15 and Clinique Chubby Stick™ Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm...
Baby Lips served its purpose for me when i was young and naive, but I’m no longer a fan. I wouldn’t recommend these lip balms,...
First of all, I think these lip balms make your lips worse. For me, these products dried out my lips more than anything, and I had to apply the balm every hour. This isn't a good sign, don't fall for the trick people. It could be the lip balm NOT your lips. Other lip balms work fine, but this one just seems to try my lips out more.
Secondly, the lip balm literally just sits on top of your lips and does not moisturize them, at all. Like I said it dries them out more than anything. It's dry and just sits on the top layer of you lip & eventually gets clumpy.
Lastly, there is not enough lip balm for the price. When I tried these I would go through one of them in like a week. Seriously, so not worth it!! I probably went through them so fast because it dried out my lips so bad.
If you have sensitive skin or laps & they dry easily, I would NOT recommend Baby Lips. The packaging is super cute and I like how it can fit in your pocket, other than, these are a no for me.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos