BY MAX FACTOR

Features and Benefits:

• Clinically tested; suitable for sensitive eyes.

• In a scale of one to ten how good is this product?4 Answers
  • How do you use this to get the best results?? 2 Answers
  • How hard was it to transition from a pointed tip liner to this flat...1 Answers
Cheyanne T.
Cheyanne T.
Midland, TX
So the first time I used it, I was like "ehhhh"... the tip was a little odd shaped and it took a few tries to get a perfect line, but I would say for the price point, the formula is not that bad! I just wish the applicator was different. I am not the biggest fan of drugstore liquid liners anyway, but I have tried a few, and this one was one of the better formulas that I have tried in my opinion. It did bleed a little bit, but I felt like it lasted a good while. Also, I have very watery eyes, and I didn't find that it was smearing on my outer corners like most drugstore liners do. The only thing that would make me not grab this liner was the applicator tip... it was just too difficult to use in my opinion, but I have always preferred a very fine tip like my favorite liner pens...which are the "Charlotte Tilbury Feline Flick" and the "Ardency Inn supercharged liner". I would grab this if I was running low on my two favorites, but not just because it is amazing or anything. Mascaras and liners are always my favorite products to try, so overall I was happy when I got to try this one in my box!!
mahnoosh m.
mahnoosh m.
I received this in my #ESVoxBox and I was pretty disappointed considering I use a pretty great eyeliner pen, but I wasn't closed off from trying a new one. First of all I have to agree with previous reviewers- the pen is paddle shaped! How are you supposed to get the perfect cat-eye with no defined tip? This was a definite no-no for someone who wants that perfect winged-tip. I decided to still try it. I put two lines on my hand: one was my Stila all-day waterproof liner and the other was the Max Factor. What I noticed was the Max Factor bled into my skin creases (almost like drawing on your hand with a crayola marker...) compared to the Stila which dried in a straight solid line. It isn't as opaque and it wiped away a lot more product when I rubbed both of them. This product is also not listed as waterproof and for a contact-wearer like me who rubs her eyes periodically this was not the one to drag me from my holy-grail liner. I can't complain too much considering I got to try it for free- Thanks Influenster!
Breana P.
Breana P.
I received this eyeliner in my #ESVoxBox and it was actually the product I was the most excited to get. Unfortunately, I was very let down. At first swatch, I was expecting the eyeliner to be a new favorite. It looked very opaque and applied to my hand very easily. The same goes for the application on my first eye. My second eye was no as lucky. The thin tip of the applicator dried out and was applying very very light gray. After multiple tries and recapping the product and coming back to it another day, the tip was still dry and no llonger giving me opaque product. I decided to mess around a little. I cut the tip of my eyeliner at a diagnol so that the felt tip consists of the thicker part of the original tip. I'm attatching a photo of the tip now. With a swatch to the hand the eyeliner applied opaque. I'm able to actually use the product now. It's just very annoying that the unique tip I was so excited about trying completely flopped. Loved the Max Factor mascara though!
Alyx D.
Alyx D.
Tinley Park, IL
I think this is an average eyeliner pen. Like many other reviewers have said, the paddle shape is strange to use and hard to create a fine wing. For everyday lining, it's fine. What I found to be the most difficult thing was how hard the tip was. I had to press into my eyelid quite firmly to transfer the eyeliner. The line was thicker than I would have liked and the liquid bleeds if you're not wearing eyeshadow underneath. It's also not very dark on a first pass and requires several traces to get a bold, deep look. Again, not impossible, but a little more difficult to work with than I'd like. My favorite liquid eyeliners are actually brushes like Nicka K (and not some felt tip).

I also found that the lid does not click into pen. This means it doesn't close tightly and will dry out faster than other options. I'd still recommend trying this out as it may work better for others who are looking for a quick application as opposed to thin, precise lines.
Nikki P.
Nikki P.
Lynchburg , VA
This was one of the items I received with a recent VoxBox. I had never heard of Max Factor until that point, and now I'm very glad that I have! I was very pleased with this eyeliner pen. The pigment is great and it has no transfer from touch or smudging once it's dry and it does so quickly. It applies well and stays intact. I admit it is something you'll need to work with if you're used to only fine tipped liquid liner brushes or felt tip pens. The shape of this pen tip is very unique in my opinion. Its shape allows you to more easily go from a thin line to a dramatic and bold one. If you're not rushing through applying it, it shouldn't be a problem to work with. Plus the shape and texture means the tip is going to last a bit longer than that of the usual eyeliner pen. I would definitely recommend giving this product a try. I think it's versatile enough for most eye looks that you could work some kind of liquid liner into.
Lisa G.
Lisa G.
I'm so conflicted on how I feel about this liner. On the one hand I love and on the other not so much. A lot of the reasons I love it are also reasons I dont. Let me explain. When I first took off the cap I immediately thought I would hate it. It had a felt tip applicator but it is shaped strangely so that you can rotate it for either a thin or thick line. For someone like me with hooded lids I need as thin a line as I can get. I was surprised at how thin I could make the line by tapping the very edge into my lash line. I decided to take it a step further and try a wing. It was surprisingly easy! The multidimensional applicator practically fills the wing in for you!

This liner is matte and JET BLACK. It is no joke. I absolutely LOVE that. However, it also makes it difficult to correct if you make a mistake.

I like this liner but it's probably not best for a beginner.

*received this from Influenster for testing purposes
Kinana C.
Kinana C.
Honestly, I don't wear eyeliner a lot at all! But sometimes I like to change up my makeup look. So it was great when I got this in my #esvoxbox because I was able to try out a new liner for free. Since I don't always practice my liner, the tip in this pen was a little bit difficult at first but it glided on so easily and was such a pigmented black that after a few seconds I got the hang of it.

Best things about this eyeliner: so black, dries matte which I prefer, VERY long lasting (worked for 8 hours and did my makeup 2 hours before that), did not transfer on my eyelids even though that is a problem area for me because I have oily eyelids and it was smudge proof after it dried.

One thing I will say is if you make a mistake, wipe that baby up quickly because it will dry and then it's very hard to remove!

I also had my sister try it because she wears eyeliner every single day and she told me she LOVED it.
Leah B.
Leah B.
Madison, Wisconsin
I'd like to start by saying that I received these products free for testing purposes, but all opinions are my own. I also don't think I'm very good at putting on makeup to begin with, so my hopes were that this product would make the application process a lot easier. I'm used to trying to use a pencil eyeliner on my upper lid, as the liquid liners i've tried in the past always ran and turned into a huge mess. The overall application was much more simple than trying to use a pencil. The liner just glides right on since it is a liquid, but is in an applicator that makes this process easier. I will admit it still was a bit awkward to draw a perfect line, but i'm sure with practice, this will become easier and easier. Overall, this product did last the entire day/night, so I would recommend it to someone who was looking for a long-lasting, rather simple to apply eyeliner, within this price point.
Celia B.
Celia B.
Walton, KY
It takes me a while before I fall in love with a product, but that is not true for this eyeliner. The first time I put it on, I knew I needed it in my life all the time. It goes on so easily, and the felt tip doesn't seem to get 'clogged' up by my eye shadow like other liquid liners do. I have not mastered the cat eye the way that the tip intends for you to use it, but I can still create my own cat eye the way I always have. That's more of user error on my part. :) The bad thing is...if you come in contact with water...whether tears, rain, the shower, etc....this WILL run down your face in huge black streams. It also will not wash off with just water. If you try to rub it off, it just smears. I learned this the hard way. But that doesn't mean that I'll stop using it, because it's my favorite weekend eyeliner!
Holly K.
Holly K.
In full disclosure I am new to wearing liquid liner. I find this pretty easy to use to line the lash line. I'm not into wearing winged liner but did attempt to test it out- I had to clean up the edge with a Q tip in makeup remover so when using this liner I'd suggest doing your eyes before foundation. It is SO BLACK!!!! Incredibly beautifully pigmented! My husband commented that my eyes looked very dark (a compliment lol). It is much darker than the NYC high definition felt tip liner that I have been using. I can't say how long it lasts as I've only worn around the house. The shape of the tip is different but I didn't find it that hard to use. It may be harder to get a perfect wing since the tip isn't flexible at all. Overall very nice product that is a MATTE black!
Megan R.
Yulee, FL
BLanca C.
BLanca C.
Medley, FL
This eyeliner has good pigmentation, can last for many hours without watering?
Brina H.