MAURICE SPORTING GOODS Hoppes Deluxe Wooden Gun Cleaning Kit

An extremely versatile kit packed in a heavy-duty presentation box featuring dark stain and strong finger joints. Includes: no. 9 solvent; lubricating oil; patches; 3-piece brass rod; four slotted ends; five phosphor bronze brushes; rifle/shotgun/pistol adapter; silicone cleaning cloth and hoppes guide to gun care. Fits .22 to .30 caliber rifles; .38 caliber pistols and 20/12 gauge shotguns. see more...

• Have you ever had the brass threads strip out?1 Answers
Cory H.
Greenville, NC
This is. Pretty good gun cleaning kit. Cones with everything you need and will last you a good while pair this with a gun cleaning instruction video and you are good to go
Amanda L.
Hanover, PA
I love this kit. I have used it all my life and when I met my husband he used the same thing. It is a good brand and really cleans the guns really good. It doesn't make the guns clean and looking good and makes them shoot and not jam up. This kit is a must have for anyone that has guns and actually cares about them. Anyone who owns a gun should know how to disassemble and clean your guns. This is great for that. I highly recommend this product!!!
Angelea S.
Bardstown, KY
Hoppes is the most bang for your buck, its not the cheapest gun cleaning product you can buy but its not the most expensive either. Hoppes has been used in my family for years, my grandfather got my dad started on Hoppes, and my Dad passed that knowledge down to me and my fiance -- in turn, we will pass it on to our children. This stuff cleans, restores and protects better than any product we've used; we bought some expensive MP7 or something to that extent and it left residue on the barrel and inside the action, etc. We had to get Hoppes to get the residue off! This kit is a great Universal kit, the Hoppes solvent is great, Hoppes lubricants are great -- what more do I need to say? Try it and you'll love it, its good stuff!
Byron M.
Maricopa, AZ
The kit is quite adequate for the average user. However, the threaded cleaning tips (that hold the patches) are made of plastic. Due care must be taken when screwing the tips on the brass rods. Otherwise, the brass will prove unforgiving to the plastic threads. The brass shotgun brushes seem fine and provide metal to metal thread contact when attaching/removing them. I am disappointed with the quality of the (plastic)cleaning rod tips in a "Deluxe" kit.
Charles T.
Fletcher, NC
I have multiple cleaning kids for my assortment of weapons. However, this one has lasted the longest as well as cleaned the barrels much more than others. I also like the affordability of the product.

The kit includes all kinds of gadgets to allow me to reach all different parts of the gun. I also like to use the kit to polish knives and swords as well.
Thomas G.
Denton, TX
This is a good, basic cleaning kit. You get all the essentials for regular cleaning. The patches that come with it are too few. You'll run out of them quickly. The brushes that come with the kit cover the typical rifle, pistol and shotgun calibers and gauges. I've since upgraded my cleaning kit with a one-piece cleaning rod and also enjoy the Otis system.
Jessica C.
Cohoes, NY
Got this for my brother and he absolutely loves it. It covers all the sizes he needs, and keeps everything together in a neat and orderly fashion, something he needs help in. Great product.
shawn r.
Growing up my dad taught me how to clean all the rifles and pistol and now I'm teaching my won the same thing. All those yewrs this product has been in the fwkiy for years the whole time.
Jeremy H.
Science Hill, KY
When it comes to cleaning your firearm, Hoppes sets the standard. Their solution and brushes provide an excellent clean and protection. There's nothing safe about a dirty firearm.
Jason W.
Manhattan, KS
I have 16 guns and i have used this to clean them all. it is an amazing little cleaning set. if you're looking to buy one i would say to get this one you will like it.
Thomas G.
Denton, TX
Have you ever had the brass threads strip out?