BY MAUI BABE #52 in Sunscreen

Amazing - All Natural - Fast Dark Tan "A local Secret" Old Family Formula of Natural Hawaiian Ingredients for a Fast, Dark, Accelerated Tan.  Only Tanning Lotion that is Brown, and is called "Browning Lotion," Because Brown is what you want to be.  Natural skin Protection and Moisturizing Benefits.  Aloe Prevents Burning while Blended Ingredients Promote a Deep, Dark, Lasting Tan with just a short time in the sun.  Made on Maui, Water resistant. An amazing tanning accelerant Not a stain or self tanner. "Best Suntan Lotion on the Planet!" Everyone who has tried it loves it and comes back for more! 24 Hours Toll Free International Calls

• How does this work? Is it an actual lotion? For indoor or outside...8 Answers
  • This is probably a silly question, but I've never tried to tan be...4 Answers
  • I'm sure a lot of people have already asked and I've done some se...1 Answers
Nikki L.
Nikki L.
San Leandro, CA
Maui Babe Browning lotion is the ULTIMATE product for tanning in the sun! I first heard about this product from a friend of my parents when I was young, and I always remembered how pretty and tan her skin got when we were out in the sun. It's funny because as soon as I was old enough and actually cared about being tan, this was immediately the product that came to mind! I have been exclusively using Maui Babe Browning Lotion for 10+ years! That should tell you how strongly I feel about how amazing this product is! It smells like coffee (yum!) and it's incredibly oily so it can make a little mess, but it works after even a short period in the sun. Be careful about tanning with this for too long, because it can really soak up the sun and cause bad burning and peeling. My advice is that if you know you'll be ALL day in the sun, apply a layer of a light sunblock, and then put this browning lotion on top of that.. that's how great it works!
Keli M.
Keli M.
Mobile, AL
Wellness Guru Expert
This lotion is great but smells pretty bad. Do not use for more then an hour on your first time using it outside in the sun because it will cause you to burn. Your color will look great and natural but you have to slowly build up your time with it outside. You will want to layer sunscreen on it if you plan to exceed an hour of use. I ordered it from Amazon and it was affordable and arrived quickly.

Update: I used it for a second time this weekend and spent more time in the sun about 5 hours and got an amazing tan. I simply applied a coat of it and then in areas that are more sensitive like shoulders and back I sprayed a layer of Hawaiian tropic spf 30. No burns just an amazing glow as if you had gone to the beach for a week.
Morgan T.
Morgan T.
Just bought this today! I used it to tan in a bed, I know, I shouldn't. Normally, I use the expensive tanning lotions that cost upwards of $60. I definitely get tan using those, but even just the first time I used this, I noticed straight away how much better it worked. Immediately after getting out of the bed, I checked my tan lines. I got so much more color than I normally do, and MAN is it brown.
The scent isn't bad, it starts to smell better and more like coffee/cookies as you rub it on. While in the bottle, it's definitely not the best, but absolutely manageable. In case you don't like the smell at all, it's not strong at all, and doesn't last long.
I did feel rather oily even a while after I applied it. I I had to keep rubbing it in.
Lastly, I spot tested a little bit on an old white shirt to test the staining. I took a small bit of the lotion and applied it straight to the shirt. I just washed it, brown spot is gone!
Brittney C.
Brittney C.
Wellness Guru Expert
Alright so I found out about the Maui Babe products from a friend recently and I'm sad I didn't know about it sooner. Say goodbye to sitting out in the sun ALL day only to get a minor tan and maybe a sunburn. With this I was outside for about 45 minutes and got a great golden tan. I probably got as tan as I would have sitting out in the sun all day. This product is awesome! It does have a smell kind of like teriyaki sauce so if you are sensitive to that, be aware before purchasing. I didn't mind the smell and could barely smell it when I was outside tanning. Make sure to put on sunscreen before putting on the tanning lotion or else you will get burned since the tanning lotion does not have spf!! Please take care of your skin! Also, the product is quite oily so be careful with towels, swimsuits, etc as it may stain but probably not. Overall this product is awesome since it uses natural ingredients and works like a charm!
Tara A.
Tara A.
QUAKERTOWN, PA
Wellness Guru Expert
I feel like I had an entirely different product than anyone else. I read reviews before buying this and got it because it sounded great. I'm just not on the same page. This tints your skin when you put it on which is fine because you look tan but it washes off immediately so I feel like it's just a false sense of being tan. The big flaw with this for me is that it sweats off immediately .. like within ten minutes of being outside. Then you're covered in this nasty brown liquid and sweat. You look disgusting. I felt so dirty and disgusting after using this and I don't think it made me anymore tan. I also don't see how it could when you sweat it off immediately. To be clear I'm not a big sweater and I haven't had this issue with any other product.
Leidy Z.
Leidy Z.
Woodhaven, NY
Wellness Guru Expert
MUST HAVE !!! Well , i have a problem i don't get tan at all , the only way for me to get color is like spending 30 days under the sun .
Im super pale , so i find out about this product, and i bought it in ulta and OMG !! For first time in my lifee i was tan , everyone was so impressed that they started asking me about the product i couldn't believe.
I heard complaints about the smell but for me is like brown sugar , is cheap easy to find and super recommend to everyone. I lovee it
Liliya D.
Liliya D.
Vancouver, WA
Wellness Guru Expert
This is the best tanning lotion I have found. I used to buy all other drug store brands before but none on them come close. You get the most intense brown tan with this baby. It does make you feel greasy but I can get past that for nice brown tan. You can usually find it at the drug store which is awesome and the price isn't too much either. Maui Babe Browning Lotion
Elizabeth C.
Elizabeth C.
East Haven, CT
Absolutely obsessed with this tanning lotion. I have used other products for years! All kinds of sprays pretty much everything you can think of and nothing has done a better job than this little slice of heaven. I have truly never seen a product that actually does what it tells you it will do. It has the effect of a tanning bed without the tanning bed. i worked in a tanning salon for years and am well versed in Tanning lotions and this lotion is nothing like i have ever seen before! I will never use anything else. For anyone that tans in a tanning bed they make a lotion for indoors as well!
Alex M.
Alex M.
Aiken, SC
This product is absolutely incredible. I am pale and rarely tan actually usually I burn but I took a chance and bought this before my beach trip. I put on their SPF then I applied this lotion I was outside on the beach for four hours and did not burn. I actually tanned! Maui Babe Browning LotionMaui Babe After Browning Lotion - 4ozMaui Babe SPF 30 Sunscreen Lotion 8 Ounces - Water Resistant UVA/UVB Sunblock
Katie E.
Katie E.
Pinon Hills, CA
This stuff!! I first discovered Maui Babe Tanning Lotion when my family and I were actually vacationing in Maui. We kept seeing it in the gift shops and Walmart and then this SUPER tan man at the pool sold us on it. We bought some the day before we left and literally within a day got a full summer times worth of a tan!! I couldn't believe it lol. If your fair skinned like me, the product will go on with a bit of a tinge but it doesn't stain. I loved this stuff. I get overwhelmed with the smell but it's not bad. Definitely glad they started to sell it here on the "main-land"
Patricia C.
Patricia C.
Pinckney, Mi
Where can you buy this stuff?
alanie o.
alanie o.
Does this stain swim suits if you get it on them?
Bernadine B.
Bernadine B.
Does this self tanner have a funky scent to it like most self tanners?
Maddie A.
Maddie A.
Cedar Park, TX
How does this work? Is it an actual lotion? For indoor or outside tanning? If I'm dark will it make me darker? This is the first time I've seen this product
Ariel V.
Ariel V.
Will this stain a white bathing suit?