BY MAUI BABE #60 in Sunscreen

Amazing - All Natural - Fast Dark Tan "A local Secret" Old Family Formula of Natural Hawaiian Ingredients for a Fast, Dark, Accelerated Tan.  Only Tanning Lotion that is Brown, and is called "Browning Lotion," Because Brown is what you want to be.  Natural skin Protection and Moisturizing Benefits.  Aloe Prevents Burning while Blended Ingredients Promote a Deep, Dark, Lasting Tan with just a short time in the sun.  Made on Maui, Water resistant. An amazing tanning accelerant Not a stain or self tanner. "Best Suntan Lotion on the Planet!" Everyone who has tried it loves it and comes back for more! 24 Hours Toll Free International Calls

• How does this work? Is it an actual lotion? For indoor or outside...8 Answers
  • This is probably a silly question, but I've never tried to tan be...4 Answers
  • I'm sure a lot of people have already asked and I've done some se...1 Answers
Lynsey C.
Lynsey C.
Oviedo, FL
Wellness Guru Expert
I've been using the Maui Babe Browning lotion since about 2000 so obviously I love it. The tan you get from this is definitely Island ready. I buy from the Maui Babe website and the price is comparable to most other tanning lotions. Sign up for their e-mail list to get discounts! I use this at the beach, in my backyard, and even when I use tanning beds. I always end up with an even tan. I love the smell (coffee beans since that's a main ingredient), the mostly natural ingredients, and the way it protects your skin (note this does NOT contain SPF). The only drawback I've ever found is the brown stain it leaves behind. I would not recommend using anything white/light colored while this is on your body. Also, if you have someone apply it to your back, they may complain of the brown on their hands but it washes off easily.
Cece A.
Cece A.
I love this tanning lotion. I used it for the first time at my sisters. She told me that it could cause be to burn or tan pretty fast. I told her that I never burn so I wasn't too worried about being in the sun for a long time. We laid out for about an hour and I was so burned! Lol This product will help you tan very fast and the tan it gives you, looks like you spent the day at the beach. I would recommend it if you can't spend too much time in the sun but you want a nice tan. I have Lupus and really can't be in the sun too long so this helped me tan pretty fast and I don't have to spend hours in the sun to get a good tan.
Megan F.
Megan F.
Burke, VA
BEST tanning lotion EVER!!!! Goes on brown, but doesn't stain your skin or do weird things like bronzer. It does have a bit of a strange smell but once you see how well it works, you'll love that smell!! No spf but can be used over sunscreen and you will still achieve the dark brown look. I love how my skin feels so soft and smooth after using. I can not say enough good things about this stuff!! I've been using it for years now and just can't imagine not having it! Your skin will be beautifully brown in no time; I personally don't experience any burn with this either. LOVE LOVE LoVE
Angela D.
Angela D.
Brooklyn, NY
I love this browning lotion! I was looking for a great tanning lotion that will actually work and came across it through Youtube. This product has been raved about for years. I finally got my hands on it. Let me first just say that this browning lotion is super messy. Be extra careful evening switching the top on because it will squirt. It smells like coca cola and coffee in my opinion. When the browning lotion is on your skin in the sun, your skin is visually darker and oily which makes it attracted to the sun. I've seen some great results!
Miranda D.
Miranda D.
Austin, TX
This is by far the best browning lotion I have ever used and to top it off it is not ridiculously expensive. Whether you are outside for 5 minutes or 5 hours in the sun it does its job before you even leave the house with it on. It definitely gives you colors that lasts and looks absolutely gorgeous! Because remember ladies we want to be brown not orange! I have used the product for years and have no complains. The smell doesn't stick around all day like most tanning products and it doesn't come off it the water. No streaks or smearing.
Shayla C.
Shayla C.
Gastonia, NC
Before buying Maui Babe I read a lot of reviews. I was going to Mexico in April and wanted to really boost my color. I am irish and indian I do tan easy once I get my base color in the colder months I get very pale. I used it for 1 week before my trip in the tanning bed and now use it every chance I get. I do prefer to use it outdoors over a tanning bed. You do have yo be careful though because it can stain your clothes. Lots of reviews talked about the bad smell but I actually don't think its that bad. Smells like a cup of coffee.
Melece M.
Melece M.
Blacksburg, VA
Wellness Guru Expert
Pros: this lotion goes on soft and silky - you will not feel greasy or heavy which is so wonderful. You will also bronze like a Hawaiian goddess which, if you're like me, is your every dream.

Cons: I am definitely not one who enjoys the scent of this product, but now that I have used it for so many years, smelling it feels comforting and warm.
If you are using this with no base tan at all, apply HEAVY sunscreen. You WILL burn otherwise. This will also stain your suit if you aren't careful.
Carolyn M.
Carolyn M.
riverside, CA
Love, love, love this product. I first discovered this product in Hawaii, and I'm thankful I can find it in California. I've been using this product for more than 10 years. I am already naturally tan (Pacific Islander descent), but Maui babe still gives me the deep, rich, tan color I love during the summer. The only caveat is that it drains your swimsuits and towels. So I don't recommend wearing anything light or super expensive when using it.
Katie W.
Katie W.
THIS. I've never been so impressed with a product before. A friend let me try it at the beach and I loved it so much I bought it from her on the spot! Beautiful, healthy tan- the smell reminds me of coffee brewing. If you burn at all, you probably need a sunscreen because this is going to do its job and do it well. It's also inexpensive and can be found on Amazon, along with some after- sun products that I've ordered and can't wait to try.
Breana I.
Breana I.
Loami, IL
The absolute BEST tanning accelerator I have ever used. It works great both outside laying out or even in the tanning bed. I thought the smell was slightly unpleasant but not unbearable. I am only able to find this lotion at Ulta and it is very reasonably priced at $15.99. A little goes a long way. A bottle lasted me an entire summer. You do have to reapply if you get in the water or sweat a lot because it washes off very easily.
Patricia C.
Patricia C.
Pinckney, Mi
Where can you buy this stuff?
alanie o.
alanie o.
Does this stain swim suits if you get it on them?
Bernadine B.
Bernadine B.
Does this self tanner have a funky scent to it like most self tanners?
Maddie A.
Maddie A.
Cedar Park, TX
How does this work? Is it an actual lotion? For indoor or outside tanning? If I'm dark will it make me darker? This is the first time I've seen this product
Ariel V.
Ariel V.
Will this stain a white bathing suit?