BY MAUI BABE #88 in Sunscreen

Amazing - All Natural - Fast Dark Tan "A local Secret" Old Family Formula of Natural Hawaiian Ingredients for a Fast, Dark, Accelerated Tan.  Only Tanning Lotion that is Brown, and is called "Browning Lotion," Because Brown is what you want to be.  Natural skin Protection and Moisturizing Benefits.  Aloe Prevents Burning while Blended Ingredients Promote a Deep, Dark, Lasting Tan with just a short time in the sun.  Made on Maui, Water resistant. An amazing tanning accelerant Not a stain or self tanner. "Best Suntan Lotion on the Planet!" Everyone who has tried it loves it and comes back for more! 24 Hours Toll Free International Calls

• How does this work? Is it an actual lotion? For indoor or outside...8 Answers
  • This is probably a silly question, but I've never tried to tan be...4 Answers
  • I'm sure a lot of people have already asked and I've done some se...1 Answers
Erika D.
Bloomington, IN
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love this browning lotion! I tan pretty easily, but I hate sitting out in the sun all day. I just use this with some sunscreen on the more delicate parts of my skin (like my face, neck and shoulders) and I only need to be outside for 2-3 hours to have a nice tan going! I do recommend not wearing a light colored bathing suit when using the tanning lotion, but the product so far has washed out of my bikinis. The price isn't super cheap, but with the ULTA coupons every month it makes it worth buying and the bottle lasts forever.
Kristen C.
Fullerton, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I can't believe I didn't find this sooner. I found this because of youtubers. It's amazing. It's $14 at Ulta and a little goes a long way. It comes out very think and very dark. It looks like you're putting chocolate sauce all over your body and it smells like soy sauce and molasses, but you get over it. Guys, this stuff works. You don't have to lay in he sun for 5hrs to get a crazy tan. One hour and the back of my legs were brown. Make sure you wear sunscreen under this because there's no SPF. Go buy it!
Bailey D.
Woodbridge , VA
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is my #1 tanning lotion because I'm not a huge fan of tanning oils. You have to be careful because it is a pigmented lotion and will stain but smells SO good, like coffee. I highly recommend, it's my go-to every summer.
Jasmine T.
Louisville
Honestly this is the best stuff to tan with fast! A heaven sent and great find. First tried it on my vacation in Hawaii with amazing results and have continued to used and buy this product.
Christi H.
Camden, OH
This tanning lotion is the bomb dot com! I have to say that I got a late start in tanning this summer, so I was on the hunt for a product that would boost my sun exposure and give me that golden glow that I was looking for. This is it Folks! Once applied, you immediately look like you are a shade or two darker. The smell takes some getting used it- coffee smell. The best part is that you can apply your sunscreen underneath, so you aren't risking a burn or doing damage to your skin. Once con is that you do need to rub this in evenly or you'll have streaks. I never wear my white bikini when I am planning on using this because I don't want it staining my suit. If it's unbelievably hot out and you find yourself sweating, you will notice that this will begin to come off, and you'll see buildup in your sweat lines on your stomach and creases. Just wipe and go on with your bad self! I am telling you, my tan never looked so good and I've only used it about 3 times this summer (3 total days in the sun and I look like I've been tanning all summer!
Nikki L.
San Leandro, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Maui Babe Browning lotion is the ULTIMATE product for tanning in the sun! I first heard about this product from a friend of my parents when I was young, and I always remembered how pretty and tan her skin got when we were out in the sun. It's funny because as soon as I was old enough and actually cared about being tan, this was immediately the product that came to mind! I have been exclusively using Maui Babe Browning Lotion for 10+ years! That should tell you how strongly I feel about how amazing this product is! It smells like coffee (yum!) and it's incredibly oily so it can make a little mess, but it works after even a short period in the sun. Be careful about tanning with this for too long, because it can really soak up the sun and cause bad burning and peeling. My advice is that if you know you'll be ALL day in the sun, apply a layer of a light sunblock, and then put this browning lotion on top of that.. that's how great it works!
Keli M.
Mobile, AL
Review for: Maui Babe Browning Lotion, 8 fl oz
This lotion is great but smells pretty bad. Do not use for more then an hour on your first time using it outside in the sun because it will cause you to burn. Your color will look great and natural but you have to slowly build up your time with it outside. You will want to layer sunscreen on it if you plan to exceed an hour of use. I ordered it from Amazon and it was affordable and arrived quickly.

Update: I used it for a second time this weekend and spent more time in the sun about 5 hours and got an amazing tan. I simply applied a coat of it and then in areas that are more sensitive like shoulders and back I sprayed a layer of Hawaiian tropic spf 30. No burns just an amazing glow as if you had gone to the beach for a week.
Morgan T.
Just bought this today! I used it to tan in a bed, I know, I shouldn't. Normally, I use the expensive tanning lotions that cost upwards of $60. I definitely get tan using those, but even just the first time I used this, I noticed straight away how much better it worked. Immediately after getting out of the bed, I checked my tan lines. I got so much more color than I normally do, and MAN is it brown.
The scent isn't bad, it starts to smell better and more like coffee/cookies as you rub it on. While in the bottle, it's definitely not the best, but absolutely manageable. In case you don't like the smell at all, it's not strong at all, and doesn't last long.
I did feel rather oily even a while after I applied it. I I had to keep rubbing it in.
Lastly, I spot tested a little bit on an old white shirt to test the staining. I took a small bit of the lotion and applied it straight to the shirt. I just washed it, brown spot is gone!
Brittney C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Alright so I found out about the Maui Babe products from a friend recently and I'm sad I didn't know about it sooner. Say goodbye to sitting out in the sun ALL day only to get a minor tan and maybe a sunburn. With this I was outside for about 45 minutes and got a great golden tan. I probably got as tan as I would have sitting out in the sun all day. This product is awesome! It does have a smell kind of like teriyaki sauce so if you are sensitive to that, be aware before purchasing. I didn't mind the smell and could barely smell it when I was outside tanning. Make sure to put on sunscreen before putting on the tanning lotion or else you will get burned since the tanning lotion does not have spf!! Please take care of your skin! Also, the product is quite oily so be careful with towels, swimsuits, etc as it may stain but probably not. Overall this product is awesome since it uses natural ingredients and works like a charm!
Leidy Z.
Woodhaven, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
MUST HAVE !!! Well , i have a problem i don't get tan at all , the only way for me to get color is like spending 30 days under the sun .
Im super pale , so i find out about this product, and i bought it in ulta and OMG !! For first time in my lifee i was tan , everyone was so impressed that they started asking me about the product i couldn't believe.
I heard complaints about the smell but for me is like brown sugar , is cheap easy to find and super recommend to everyone. I lovee it
Patricia C.
Pinckney, MI
Where can you buy this stuff?
alanie o.
Wellness Guru Expert
Does this stain swim suits if you get it on them?
Bernadine B.
Does this self tanner have a funky scent to it like most self tanners?
Maddie A.
Cedar Park, TX
How does this work? Is it an actual lotion? For indoor or outside tanning? If I'm dark will it make me darker? This is the first time I've seen this product
Megan B.
What does this smell like?