BY MATRIX

Mackenzie S.
Plymouth
I LOVE this hair color. I have been dying my hair (at home) red for about a year now and I just recently found out about this product. I am so happy I did! I purchased the colors 6rv, 5vr, and SORED RV. I used the 6rv with 20 volume developer on my roots and about 3 inches down. Then I mixed the 5vr with the SORED and 30 volume developer on the midlengths and ends. I let it sit for about 30 minutes and rinsed out. I am extremely happy with the results. I read that the SORED can be used as a color booster to intensify the colors. It can also be used by itself to highlight. I found that it is best used alone. Then again, I didn't mix a ton of it with my initial formula (I used 1 oz of the 5vr and 1/4 oz SORED). I wanted there to be a bit more contrast on my ends so I mixed it by itself with 30 volume developer and the color on my ends looks fantastic. It is a very deep violet red and it looks beautiful with the other colors.

I am a natural level 4 or 5 with some gray hairs and this stuff worked wonders for me. So far, it has lasted and still looks fresh and beautiful! I will update my review if it fades quickly but I don't see that happening. My hair has a very healthy radiance to it and I am so in love with the colors. The only "not so good" thing about this product is the availability of it. I purchased on Ebay because it is difficult to find elsewhere and I don't have a cosmetology license. But I can't really take a star off for that because I am not a licensed hairdresser a it was made for professional use.

Overall a very good product for red color. I know they have various color lines and I am hoping to try more of them! I recommend this product if you typically dye your hair at home and have a basic understanding of the process. :)
Jeni W.
Houston
I actually use matrix socolor brunette intense vr.26. I love it wish it wouldn’t wash out so quick. But other than that it’s beautiful. Oh and wish it wasn’t discontinued. That was upsetting finding a color you love and it’s discontinued.
Abigail M.
Morgantown, WV
The color of this dye turned out lighter than what I had anticipated, with no V in the RV. It also faded rather quickly, more on one side of my head than the other because my hair was lighter on one side to begin with, but all around the color faded very fast into a light auburn.
Chelsea B.
I use this product a lot. All the colors of socolor. It covers amazing especially if you have grey. My colors always look shiny and healthy after I get done with a client
Sable A.
Intense color and a great value because of the amazing 3 oz size of the tube! I am a professional and Matrix never fails. I used Matrix for years in the salon and attended several Matrix color classes! Its my go to! Thank you Matrix for never failing me thank you for spoiling me no other color line does color like you!
shay m.
Mooreville, MS
I use matrix in my shop matrix is one of the most pigmented color line!! Always get beautiful results with socolor and colorsync!
Raychel M.
Mercedes, TX
I.honestly don't.mind Matrix products the hair color is right to the core of.tour roots its long lasting g setting check it out
MeaganAshlynn 🍯.
Houston
I love this brand. Have been using it for 10 years. The bleach also. I love it and it is good
ariana g.
Roseville , CA
Matrix Socolor is my go to for reds! This will give the longest lasting, most vibrant red.