BY BOOKS ALL PUBLISHER TITLES

Matilda, a brilliant, sensitive little girl, uses her talents and ingenuity seek revenge on her crooked father, lazy mother, and the terrifying Miss Trunchbull, her wicked headmistress, and save her beloved teacher, Miss Honey see more...

• I haven't read the book or watched the movie. Is this movie good?1 Answers
  • Don't you agree they should have made a movie out of all the books?2 Answers
  • Good book for primary school children ?2 Answers
Buy on Target*
Daphne W.
Pop Culture Expert
So, my daughters elementary school is having the whole school read this book. She is in Kindegarten and I must say that this book is highly inappropriate for young children with all the negativity and horrible situations that this little girl incounters. The kids and I also find this book extremely boring - it was sooo bad, we stopped at the first chapter. Do not recommend!!!
Anndria T.
I just love and adore all of Dahl's books. This, like his other books is fantastic and I highly recommend reading this prior to watching the theatrical piece. I truly enjoy this book and have read it many many times. I believe this can be purchased at Barnes and Noble.
Paige B.
Macedonia, OH
Pop Culture Expert
When I read this book as a kid it took me on an adventure that I had never been on before. I loved how resilient Matilda was and how she stood up for herself and for her friends. I loved how the hero was a teacher who saved her from the evil principal. Its underlying messages are bullying and children that aren't brought up in the best of households. It gives those kids some hope.
Darlene M.
This was my favorite book as a child. I remember having 3 copies...one in my room, one in my backpack and one in the car. It's such a fun and creative story. When the movie came out when I was an adult, I was thrilled. It wasn't exactly like the book (of course) but they did it justice. I still watch it all when it comes on. ❤
Erin J.
Pearcy, AR
Pop Culture Expert
So cute and goes so well with the movie.  I read the book as a child and of course watched the movie and loved them both.  Such a cute story line.  My daughter likes to read it and watch the movie too.  She thinks the book is great and we actually own the hardcover and soft.
Kelsey L.
Rncho Cordova, CA
I originally read this book when I was a kid and loved it! The storyline is cute and very interesting. Roald Dahl is definitely a fun author and has written a lot of books. Whimsical story. I would recommend reading this, it's a quick read and a cute book.
Emily P.
A classic 'fairy tale of sorts' that leaves much to the imagination from a kids point of view. The story makes you feel good about life and about being a kid
Jessica G.
Canton, OH
Pop Culture Expert
Matilda is a classic favorite and the movie is even better!! I loved the book as a kid and as an adult - I would watch reruns of the movie
Mallory H.
Belfast, ME
Pop Culture Expert
A must-read for children in the early chapter book years! Life lessons, humor, joy all rolled into one compellling novel.
Sabra G.
Anything by roald Dahl is nothing short of great! Such a good books, a staple in any class :)
Tanita C.
Springfield, MA
Don't you agree they should have made a movie out of all the books?
Katie T.
sydney
Pop Culture Expert
Good book for primary school children ?
Jessica G.
Is the book the same as the movie?
Brae B.
Winnipeg, MB
Pop Culture Expert
I cant really remember the book, but is this same one they made the movie out of???
Victoria F.