Matched (Matched Trilogy Series #1) uploaded by Angel G.

BY PENGUIN GROUP

Cassia has always trusted the Society to make the right choices for her: what to read, what to watch, what to believe. So when Xander's face appears on-screen at her Matching ceremony, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is her ideal mate. until she sees Ky Markham's face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black. The Society tells her it's a glitch, a rare malfunction, and that she should focus on the happy life she's destined to lead with Xander. But Cassia can't stop thinking about Ky, and as they slowly fall in love, Cassia begins to doubt the Society's infallibility and is faced with an impossible choice: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she's known and a path that no one else has dared to follow. Biography: Ally Condie received a degree in English Teaching from Brigham Young University and spent a number of years teaching high school English in Utah and in upstate New York. She lives with her husband and three sons outside of Salt Lake City, Utah. see more...

Buy on Target*
Angel G.
Angel G.
So far I've completed book 1 and I am in the middle of book two which is called Crossed. I would have to say that this first book was great. It caught my attention and kept it and I finished it in only one day. I couldn't seem to put it down
Krista T.
Krista T.
W Lafayette, IN
I really enjoyed reading Matched in the beginning of the book. The world building was nice but I felt like it wasn’t very unique as it reminded very much of The Giver. The entire book held a very melancholy tone for me with high tones of desperation that I feel outshone determination. I didn’t really like Cassia as a main character, over all. I did like the poetry aspect of the book and the soft call for rebellion (I really love rebellion, okay?). Love triangles feel so over done to me by now. Around 75 percent of the way through Matched I felt like the story being to majorly drag and it never really picked back up for me after that. I had to fight myself to not DNF this book. I’m glad I made it though and I am hoping that book two, Crossed, has more action than this one otherwise I wont be finishing out the series.
Leyla S.
Leyla S.
Staten island , NY
This series seemed very promising to me and I actually got through the first book. But the author took too long to get to the point and to get to the interesting stuff that I never managed to finish the series as I got bored. It's a dystopian series though, similar to Hunger Games and Divergent.
M X.
M X.
Before reading the trilogy I had heard many different opinions on each of the books alone. I decided it was time to read the trilogy myself and see which side I stood on. at first I thought of it as just another kind of a rip off cliche futuristic world novel, but I gradually started to fall in love with it. I was actually able to finish all three books in one sitting, and it left me in awe. ally condie has become one of my favorite authors, and i would definitely recommend reading this :)