BY MATCH.COM #67 in Websites

Match.com is one of the most popular online dating sites in the world, serving 25 countries in more than 8 languages. The site matches members based on personality, preferences and profile information.

Jessica F.
Bloomington, MN
Used this for about 6 months and really wasn't finding much went on two dates but just not what I was looking for. I am a busy single mother so I think my whole attention wasn't into it and it just got expensive to be paying 30.00 a month to browse people. But both my brothers met their others from this site and things are going great for them. Maybe when I really want to put my heart into it I will join again!
Katie S.
New Richmond, WI
Match.com is OK at best. I've been on it twice now. Found a relationship the first time around, things didn't work out, and I'm back on there currently. For the price you pay, I'd think there would be more people who are seriously interested in getting to know people. However from my experience, there's very little follow through and you have to spend a lot of time "weeding through" matches. Meh.
Patricia x.
I met my husband through this site so I'm a happy customer. the downside is that you get a lot of traffic and people just looking to hook up for a one night stand compared to another dating site (which I found to be more serious, the people that is). But you will meet a lot of people, you just have to meet safely and be smart. I am now happily married after being single w/kids for 38 years. :)
Gauri K.
Raleigh, NC
A close friend of mine uses match.com and she loves it. She felt like it matched her with people that were truly similar to her and provided a decent amount of perspective on what type of person you were looking at through the computer screen (of course it doesn't make up for actually meeting someone). She felt it was easier to see who has shown interest in her than other online dating sites.
Jenny N.
Appleton, WI
You have to go in to this wanting to date and meet someone... Will every date be awesome? No... You can't give up after the first bad date but also you need to make sure your profile is fully filled out and your being realistic in your expectations... Give it some time and you will meet some great people... And some slime balls but really it makes for a great story.
Ashley C.
Philadelphia, PA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I know match.com is the most popular online dating site, so I signed my co-worker up. She got dozens of hits within the first week. Most were creeps, but if you narrow down to the "some-what" normal, you actually have a chance at a few dates.
Anisa N.
West Palm Bch, FL
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I tried it signed up saw some attractive people but couldn't build up the nerve to actually use it and meet people so i just deactivated the account and decided to see if i can meet someone by just going to a coffee shop very cliche i know but the site does work a girlfriend of mine is engaged to someone she met on match .
Rhonda T.
Walla Walla, WA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I have NOTHING good to say about Match.com. I do not think there is any room for improvement unless they revamp the entire website! I tried this years ago, and checked in to it here and there and it is nothing but people on there wanting a sexual encounter even though they don't say so! That is what they expect!
Jeanine M.
Riverview, FL
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
Call me old fashion but I still believe in meeting men at work,bars,and church but I'm already married so what do I know!!! To each their own!! I just did NOT enjoy taking a mini S.A.T test to find love. Did not have a positive experience but to everyone else GOOD LUCK!!!!
Tara C.
Bossier City, LA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
this is a really good dating site. it is a little time consuming with all the questions but Def worth it that's how they match you so be honest and open and let the match makers work their magic. this site is one you should check out of your looking for that special someone
Isis B.