Match.com

by Match.com

The Match app is the best place to date, and it just got even better. Now, it’s easier to use and gives you brand new ways to meet new people.

How many successful dates have you been on?
If you've tried the site, do you feel like it does a good job of finding people that match what you are looking for?
Start your review of Match.com!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
I highly recommend Match.com for finding that true someone.in reviews
Dana R.
Bryan, TX
Match.com uploaded by Dana R.
My husband and I met on Match. We were both out of college and in situations that made it difficult for us to meet dates in real life. I felt safe using Match, and even though I noticed some crossover between the matches available here and on Tinder, I felt like people were more serious on Match. To me, I like that it is a paid service, and really felt like everyone I talked to and went on dates with was serious about meeting their life partner, not a hookup. Met in May 2014, Married in September 2016
Emily B.
Fairfax, VA
Match.com uploaded by Emily B.
I am very picky, don't go to bars, and dating guys from church and then breaking up is never easy. (This is going to get long, so skip to the bottom of you don't want the story.) So I've used dating apps a few times. I met a good guy on Match.com back in 2010 and it didn't work out, but I had a really good experience. But I can't emphasize this enough - with online dating, or any time you meet a stranger for a first date, you have to be so careful.¹ (I have gone on dates with many basically normal guys, but I have stories! ) Fast forward to 2018 when I was 36 and the singles group at church had about one eligible guy over the age of 30. I had tried eHarmony a couple years before and had a few dates from Coffee Meets Bagel, but all ended with a pleasant "eh, not the right fit." And Match had a special deal for a 6 month plan starting in mid-July, so I signed up². The app had grown and changed, but the basics are still the same. Fill out who you are and who you are looking for. Match will make suggestions, but unlike eHarmony, you can look at anyone's profile you want. My suggestion is to figure out your non-negotiables and avoid anyone who doesn't have those. I had two non-negotiables. I wanted someone who shared my faith and who was not currently married. Seems like at least the latter would be simple, but way too many guys tried to convince me that "it was over, for real, the papers just haven't been signed."³ I stayed away from them but was exhausted by all of their drama. Eventually I went back on again and met a guy who matched everything, even the things I didn't know I wanted. Notes: ¹ If you are going to try online dating, have a system. Choose a location you know well for the first date. Tell a friend or family member where you'll be and have a designated time to text "he's not a serial killer". You can even take a picture of him and text it at the begins of the date. ² I took a star off mainly because the special deal I got was set to renew Valentine's Day, and while I understand the marketing strategy, it's also cruel to play into people's insecurities about being alone. ³ You don't owe any of these guys (or gals) anything. A little kindness is fine, but ignoring messages from someone who isn't right for you is totally ok. If they are creepy, block them. If they are just out of a relationship or still in one, I would say avoid, but I know YMMV.
Daphenie B.
I have been using this site and got many positive response from "REAL PEOPLE". I truly recommend this site.
Wai Y.
Bronx, NY
Never really gone on this it is mainly a paid site. But a friend of my cousin met her husband on this site
Liesl E.
- Overall, I think it is a great dating site since you have some control, but it can get overwhelming with the number of e-mails, likes, etc. it becomes a bit of a job and takes a lot of time, etc. Sone good people, but few pan out and often a great score on paper, so to speak, doesn't reflect a great match. That said, I'd sign up again...they do say 3rd times a charm! 😊
Danielle L.
Sandston, VA
I loved match. I met several really good guys, even if we didn't click romantically. Even met my now husband on there, after just a couple months. Highly recommend match!
Meredith P.
Clemmons, NC
Gave match a try for 2 months and was somewhat disappointed. There seemed to be a lack of a good selection of guys.
Brenda S.
Yonkers, NY
I last used match in 2012. I met a man on there who in January of 2016 became my husband. We both joke around about free dating sites and the idea we were meeting people who "you get what you pay for." Needless to say match was a great investment for us both.
Devon S.
Royal Oak, MI
I met my fiance on match.com in December 2013. I think match.com is well worth the investment. I initially joined when they were offering a free weekend or some other promotional tool. The profile takes a while to fill out, but asks the essential questions to help you find a great match.
Tresa H.
Jacksonville, FL
MAtch.com is an ok service, I didn't find anyone on that site but maybe it works for others. I wouldn't try it again.