Master of None

by Netflix

Comic Aziz Ansari and writer Alan Yang are the creators of this Netflix-original comedy, which is loosely based on Ansari's real-life experiences. Ansari plays the role of Dev, a New York-based actor who is struggling to identify what he really wants, both personally and professionally. The series reveals glimpses of Dev's younger years, and explores current aspects of his life, including modern etiquette (regarding texting and social media), and being young and single in the city. Other important people in Dev's life are featured, including Dev's parents, played by Ansari's real-life mother and father, Fatima and Shoukath.

Will this show be renewed for another season or is it finished?
I only got a few episodes into this show ebbs use I was starting to lose interest. Should I continue watching?
What did you enjoy more, this show or his book?
Start your review of Master of None!
How would you rate this product?
Bunker Hill, WV
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Master of None is somewhat hit or miss. Some episodes are dramatically better than others, and some will bore you to tears. All in all I wasn't terribly impressed with the series as a whole.
Bryant, AR
1,267 reviews
Such a great show that I’m glad my boyfriend recommended for us to watch. I love Aziz Ansari and his story in this show is one to remember. Love the story he tells.
Thoughtful and funny. I have watched this series many times. It covers a wide range of emotions and always leaves me with something to think about. I think it accurately reflects a lot of emotions regarding love and longing.
San Ysidro , CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Ever since Parks and Rec I've been a big Aziz Ansari fan. This show is absolutely great because it focuses on real life situations and how people in this country actually handle it. A-lot if not most of the themes from the episodes are very relatable. I 100% recommend this show!
Cleveland, OH
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This had a slow start, but I ended up really enjoying the plot and how the characters evolved. Loved that his actual parents played in the show and the love story woes were great. The women he dates and his experience with online dating is hysterical. I recommend as a great binge watch!
San Antonio, TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I love Aziz Ansari and watched this series the second it was available on Netflix. Being a child of an foreign immigrant, I really felt a connection to a lot of the themes in the first season. But I think its great for all generations. It really shows a lot of relatable perspectives and it's hilarious!
Cornelius, NC
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Master of None is a a gem of a show. It is somewhat quirky, but it you will be pleasantly surprised from all of the laughs that it will give you. One of my favorite scenes is when two of the main characters are overseas and trying to maneuver a car down a very narrow street, it’s hilarious. This is a must see series.
Tucson, AZ
I watched some episodes and seems like agood show but not exactly in my genre taste. It depends in if you personally like shows with similar storylines
Baltimore, MD
Aziz never disappoints. The show falls into the category of a show about nothing but it is hilarious. His encounters are relatable; probably because they are based on his actual encounters. The show even features his parents playing themselves. If you're a fan of Seinfeld or Curb Your Enthusiasm, you'll appreciate the style of Master of None as well.
San Antonio, TX
Aziz Ansari is so funny in this show. It does not really resemble any other shows that I have seen before. Kinda liked that it is original like that. Good hearty laughs and relevant to the times. Enjoyed it while I watched it for sure!