Mass Effect 3  uploaded by Sara L.

BY MASS EFFECT 3

• Do you play as a male Shepard or femshep?8 Answers
  • Who is your favorite character? 15 Answers
  • My coworker told me I should play 2 first because it's be...6 Answers
Mass Effect 3
  • "I will now say that I have greatly enjoyed this series, through out the series the design and game play has changed but not totally, instead if has become more integrated through out the series." in 5 reviews
  • "Overall, I still find this to be a great game to play, with gameplay that's not too difficult to figure out and a story that grabs the player's interest." in 5 reviews
Jess W.
College Place
This game....omg. This marks the end of the Mass Effect trilogy and wow. I loved it sooo much, but given the general opinion of this game I feel like I must preface the rest of my review with a couple things.

First: I’m a fan of a non-traditional ending, something that maybe isn’t just ‘happily ever after’....as heartbreaking as it can be, it’s just more realistic. That’s life (video game, I know).

Second: while I love the ending of this game, I am referring to the extended cut, which I’ll mention again in a bit.

So, this game is masterful to me (yes, I’m getting a little long winded. Sorry, if you’re tired of reading, just know I give this 5 stars (10 if I could).

The music first of all, it’s perfect. Right away it sets the tone, and kind of punched me in the gut. Composers, i heart you guys!!
This game is clearly going to be ending a lot of things, a point which is acknowledged throughout the story. As a result I feel like you get a lot of these really wonderful, raw moments with the characters (yes I know there are cheesy moments. Come on, most movies and tv do that as well).
The combat gameplay is really great here as well. Everything moves smoothly, and the in general way that combat operates in ME2. There are more customization options added, but it’s pretty similar. This third game really wonderfully blended in almost as many cinematics as actual gameplay (if you’re like me and LOVE that, high 5).
I feel like by the time you have finished this game, you’ve gotten that closure that you were looking for...but I am referring to the ending with the extended cut. This should have been part of the main game from the very beginning in my opinion. The extended cut and all the DLC make for a very complete experience.
The story can (if you were at all attached to these characters) be heartbreaking. It was for me. But with the extended cut...there’s a slight ‘what if’ moment. I love that. I love the story ending on that moment.

And lastly let me just say....multiplayer mode!!!! Multiplayer kept me playing this game daily for a good 3 years.....my boyfriend and I played and chatted daily for the longest time in this game (and then we got married:). The combat is excellent, tons to unlock and progress towards....and in its heyday, there would be weekly and monthly events from Bioware to participate in. Those are sadly over, but the gameplay itself is still available, I highly recommend!!
Heather L.
Gameplay and fighting is so addicting! You also build relationships and can choose what to say to other characters (even your romantic interest ;)). The story is sentimental yet badass. The ending is controversial but after thinking about it, I loved it. Very powerful.
Caleb S.
Haskell, NJ
I've replayed this game I don't know how many times. As a stand-alone, not to mention my introduction to the series, this game was interesting plot-wise and had enough action and mundane tasks to keep me coming back. While I have my minor complaints about love interests, that was far from the focus of ME3. After playing this for the first time, I played the first two in order to gain the full experience of this series as an RPG. That only made my dissatisfaction in the ending that much more prominent. It was rightfully emotional since after three games, I had grown attached to the characters, but I do find it rather annoying that it was impossible to achieve full readiness as an offline player. The ending itself did seem like a rushed attempt to tie everything together, but I brushed that off rather easily despite none of the choices having any relation to the decisions I made throughout the games. Overall, I still find this to be a great game to play, with gameplay that's not too difficult to figure out and a story that grabs the player's interest. For a sci-fi shooter RPG, this can be engaging to any videogamer. There is not too much focus on any one genre, which makes it a decently well-rounded game.
Jason N.
We all know why this is not an A because of the terrible ending. I downloaded the updated endings but it was still so lackluster that I no longer cared what I did in the end of the game. If it weren't for the underwhelming ending, I would have given this at least an A-. But what about the rest of the game then? I really did not like that my character's face did not transfer well to the game. I wasn't happy with it and had to create a different looking Shepard and it didn't even look like it in the actual game. Sad face. But there are improvements in the game that it can still brag about such as better graphics, and its gameplay is still as top notch (its all up to your preference) than the other ME games. It might take a while since they tweaked the classes and the actual gameplay is a little bit different but it wont fail you for sure...its still a great shooting game. But what about the story outside its pathetic ending? It's actually good but clearly not as great and engaging as ME2. It shifted from the ME2 adventurous Avengers-like story, which was to gather the best badasses in the universe to destroy the baddies, to a more stripped and bare story line of ME3. There's less characters and it attempts to be more somber in a gloomier setting. It doesn't quite deliver its objective as well as ME2's attempt, but it still did its job to keep me well interested and invested in the game.
Benazir H.
Norcross, GA
I am an avid rpg gamer that love games with a good story. The mass effect trilogy was just a great franchise and 20 years from now, it will still be one of the most memorable games ever. It totally revolutionized the RPG gaming franchise to the next generation. I know many have complained about the ending but there is a new patch that improves upon it. SPOILER ALERT: It was heartbreaking to see Commander Shepard pass away but even though it is not the ending you didn't want in such a compelling story, I think it was the best choice. Shepard died a hero and a legend.

Game-play: Not much improvement from mass effect two but still as entertaining. The new multiplayer mode is quite fun but I eventually got bored so story mode still trumps everything. There is a lot of going around and talking to people in this game but that's the norm for most RPGs. You can expect story mode to last around 30 hours if you do all the sidequests and missions. I recommend that you do them because it will make your experience that much greater.

Thank you Bioware for making such an amazing game.
Natalie Y.
The Mass Effect trilogy is my favorite. I loved the first two games of the series and the only reason this receives a B grade is due to the ending and the overall product seemed to be rushed. Regardless of the 'detour' the ending took, the rest of the storytelling of the game was suburb. I felt the game play was even a little improved by the already really good game play of Mass Effect 2. I did not like that the character look/code transfer did not work on day one (I think it took a week for them to correct it). And when it was corrected, transfer did not look that great in my opinion. Loading screens looked like playing an alpha or beta version and there were some motion and sound glitches that should not have been present. The soundtrack was fantastic, beautiful, and poignant. I surprisingly really enjoyed (and still do) the multiplayer, even though I was not originally keen on its first announcement. I've played the game to the end twice (once with the original ending and once after the extended cut ending). However, I have played it through to right before going to TIM's at least 8 times (with all my previous ME/ME2 saves). I always end my playthroughs with the Citadel DLC. :) Definitely play the other two games first and you'll get the most out of this one.
Jasmine W.
Philadelphia , PA
Gamer Expert Level 1
The mass effect series happens to be one of the best game series that I have played (right up there with assassin's creed)! For as long as I live I will always remember my Shepard! This game is inspiring and innovative. I never thought I would be into space exploration but this game made me interested. By the third game you have grown to love the people on your team and you even feel a real connection with them. The game centers around your choices. Choices from the first and second games carry over into the third game. Please play the first 2 before trying this. You will get a true sense in how the game has evolved over the years. Now the ending....well you will see for yourself why there was so much hype about it but I digress. This is a fun game and has so much replay value!
Mass Effect 3 was a great game, with an enjoyable cast of characters. It's the conclusion to the Mass Effect series featuring

Commander Shepard and his crew. The story was great. I was on the edge of my seat digging it, that is, until the last hour minutes or so when, in my view, the totality of the trilogy came crashing to the ground. There is a huge, heated debate about the ending of the game where both sides are calling names like rather ill-behaved children.
Gameplay is good and refined. Ending sucks and ruins the trilogy.

Even if the ending is bad (I would have preferred a bittersweet ending as mentioned earlier), character resolution is still a part of story telling!
Leah O.
Caledonia, MI
I've played through these games multiple times. Each time you can play it a little bit differently, and this makes the entire series so much fun. You can play through the whole series as an evil or good character, and each of your decisions in each game effects how other characters or events take place.
Obviously, the end of the series wasn't the greatest, but if you read up on the Indoctrination Theory or just do a little bit of research about how the writers wanted to portray things, it's really not so bad. Besides, the 3rd game has an online feature, which is really fun if you can get a group of friends to play it with you.
Sara L.
seabrook, nh
Incredible story set in the 22 hundereds , 30 years after man's discovery that we were not alone in the universe. bioware usually are the masters of story telling and they delivered with this. You can play how ever you want, good , evil, ruthless, whatever you want, there are so many classes to choose from, and best of all they released this DLC called Citadel, where after the initial mission, you get to use your personal apartment and develop relationships with your squad mates and love interest.
Ryla B.
Who is your favorite character?
Ashley Y.
How would you have wanted the game to end?
Jessica E.
Mount Laurel, NJ
Do you play as a male Shepard or femshep?
Emily F.
Brookhaven, GA
My coworker told me I should play 2 first because it's better, but other friends have said start with 3. Which of the three would you say is the best to start with?