BY ROBERT STEVENSON #89 in Movies

Join the "practically perfect" Mary Poppins (Julie Andrews) for a "Jolly Holiday" as she magically turns every chore into a game and every day into a whimsical adventure. Along the way, you'll be enchanted by unforgettable characters such as the multitalented chimney sweep Bert (Dick Van Dyke). You won't need a "Spoonful Of Sugar" to love every moment of this timeless Disney classic!

• Never seen this movie, is it worth it?17 Answers
  • Anyone seen Saving Mr. Banks? If you haven't: it's a good movie t...1 Answers
  • How do you imagine a 21st Mary Poppins would look like? 1 Answers
Mary Poppins
  • "This is by far one of my favorite Disney movies; the songs are so catchy, Julie Andrews and Dick van Dyke are perfectly cast, and it's not your typical Disney plot line." in 3 reviews
Ness D.
Temecula, CA
Mary Poppins is wonderful. The morals therein and the songs leaving a everlasting impact. It reminds me of my blissful childhood and of days bygone. The actors are meaningful as well. The father, for example, initially was constantly at work and away from home. Mary taught him the importance of being with his children and realizing what's truly important in our lives.
I recommend this film for all.
Kerry T.
I just introduced this movie of my youth to my nine year old who was hesitant to watch it because she didn't see any animation on the cover!! She now watches it over and over and jumps around the house singing songs from the movie! It's classic!
Maddie F.
Anyone seen Saving Mr. Banks? If you haven't: it's a good movie to watch if you plan on watching this. Like, you should watch Saving Mr. Banks, THEN you can watch Mary Poppins. It brings SO MUCH MEANING to the movie!!
Phebean C.
['columbus', ''], OH
This is one of my favorite movie that came out in disney channel it funny magical and interesting i love this movie its amazing and this is one of my favorite movies.
Carissa P.
Dushore , PA
Mary Poppins is a classic. I could watch it over and over. All the songs are catchy and cute. The directors were very creative when making this. I would recommend everyone at least once. I guarantee you'll watch it again.
Janet E.
Montclair, CA
Mary Poppins always lifts my spirits when I am stressed, bummed out or frazzled! I often find myself humming one of her famous tunes while working or cleaning the house. This movie gives you something special to believe in and it also makes you count your blessings, especially your children! My favorite scene is the Merry go Round scene where the children, Mary & Bert are racing each other. I still feel like a "kid" every time I I watch Mary Poppins, who's practically perfect in every way! (My boss once told me that I remind him of Mary Poppins, practically perfect in every way) which is why I love this phrase, to my daughters annoyance. lol
Sarah M.
My cousin recently told me she had never seen this and I was astounded. If you have not yet experienced the wonderful world of Mary Poppins then you have not yet lived
Glenda G.
Orlando, FL
Mary Poppins is one of the most enjoyable children films of all times. The soundtrack and visual effects are spectacular and the acting is amazing. I consider it between my favorite movies and still watch it as a growup. Every person should watch this movie.
Andleeb C.
Piscataway, NJ
I felt like I watched this movie a 1000 times in school when I was younger lol. I went to catholic school in a different country and they played this and harry potter every other day for us. Such an old time classic, I feel like when I watch it again I am going to remember every single scene because its probably built in my memory lol.
Elizabeth K.
Centerville, MN
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Mary Poppins is such a fun and cute movie. At times it can be a little drawn out, but there are such catchy songs and a great story line that you kind of forget about those drawn out scenes. Plus I don't know anyone that hasn't said that one long word starting with Supercala (it won't let me submit the whole word) at some point.
Elda G.
Corsicana, TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
What do you like about this movie
lizeth c.
san jose, CA
Do they sell in blue ray
Juliana T.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Never seen this movie, is it worth it?
Tammy F.
Williamsburg, IA
Who is your favorite character
Katana S.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Who wishes that she was real? lol I do!!