BY MARY KAY #24 in Finishing & Translucent Powders

Translucent. Sheer. It’s every woman’s perfect shade. All-new formula contains light-scattering properties designed to help soften the appearance of imperfections for a skin-perfecting finish. One universal powder eliminates the need for shade matching. Feels weightless, natural and velvety soft on skin. Learn more!

• I usually use Mary Kay mineral powder foundation. Could I use this...5 Answers
  • I've been using an ELF spray that keeps my make up in place..would ...1 Answers
  • Is this a good setting powder for foundation? Does it settle? Does ...1 Answers
Mary Kay® Translucent Loose Powder
  • "I use this to blot my oily skin I get oily all the time and I don't even wear foundation or anything like that I still get oily on my tzone due to the face moisturizer I would definitely recommend this product" in 33 reviews
  • "I received this product complimentary from Influenster in my MK voxbox and I've been using it everyday since, i like the fact that it's colorless for the days I don't feel like wearing a skin colored powder, most of the time I'll still wear my regular revlon almost naked powder and just use this on top to sort of set everything but definitely not necessity." in 21 reviews
  • "i received this complimentary from influenster for testing purposes, i really enjoyed this it sets my make up and it helps lasts allll day!!!" in 19 reviews
  • "So before I received my Mary Kay VoxBox I had never used translucent loose powder, and didn't really know what it was for." in 15 reviews
  • "This translucent powder reduces shine and helps a little with evening skin tone however does not provide enough coverage for me." in 12 reviews
Paloma R.
Paloma R.
Doral, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
This stuff is great. I generally wear powder foundation. Sometimes Mary Kay, but not always. I like to mix it up. I know that's not everyone's preference. And, I don't generally put this on after eyeshadow and all. I put it on before. I use it primarily to set my foundation. If I have a good foundation the other stuff looks better. And, if I put powder over the other stuff, I feel like it dilutes the overall effect. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I have something to learn. But, anyway, when I have worn this stuff, people have commented on my skin looking gorgeous. That is a change! I'm telling you! This stuff seemed to make me glow but not in that glittery, sparkly way, just in a gee aren't you unusually healthy and lovely today way. I generally aim for matte because my skin leans toward oily and acne even at my advanced age of 52, but, this stuff is great. It just enhances matte foundation. I imagine it would enhance any foundation or just skin, for that matter. And, I've tried tons of powders. I started wearing makeup at 13. You can imagine how many things I've tried. This stuff is good. I highly recommend it.
Kaari G.
Kaari G.
I wish I could be writing a review about the cream to powder foundation! But that isn't an option available to me. The loose powder comes in a nice round clear plastic container with stainless steel lid. There are holes in the divider so you can dump the container upside down with the lid on, and some of the powder goes through the holes into the lid. Remove the lid, swirl your brush into the powder, and tap off any excess. Glide the brush over your face. I like the powder because it's light and I can't feel it on my face. Sometimes I think it is too noticeable, though. That's why I gave it 4 stars.
Kelly C.
Kelly C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is one of my absolute favorite products in my makeup bag!!! I use it on days I'm more oily to tone done the shine. If my contouring gets too streaky, I use my translucent powder to blend it. I also keep it on hand to help with oily strands when I'm out of dry shampoo. If my settings spray dries too shiny, I top everything off with the translucent powder. It goes on sheer and does not make you ghostly. It's very light weight and doesn't clog pores. I use a fluffy powder brush to set and a flat powder brush for blending.
Kelsey B.
Kelsey B.
Duvall, WA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I LOVE this product! I have oily skin so I have a huge routine I have to go through and this product does wonders for my skin! I use it pretty much almost every day and use it under my eyes too when I need to. I only have to apply it to my trouble t zone spots to keep that area from getting the mid day shine. I highly recommend this product to anyone who's trying to get rid of that mid day shine!
Kristin R.
Kristin R.
Cherry Hill, NJ
I had bought this from a friend who was selling Mary Kay and completely forgot about it. I was organizing my makeup and pulled it out to use and I actually really like it. I mainly use it for under my eyes after my concealer. It makes it so my concealer doesn't break up or turn cakey. I will say, that there are better loose powders on the market and that's why I took off one star.
Jacklyn H.
Jacklyn H.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is absolutely my favorite translucent powder. It goes and blends so well with the Mary Kay Foundation that lasts all day if you do a baking it's just an amazing loose powder to work with. I feel like it doesn't last very long I feel like I go through it quick especially when I do the baking but I definitely do recommend it and I keep buying it I absolutely love it
Joanna F.
Joanna F.
Goshen, CA
This is good for "baking the face" and it works but its to white on me i dont know if its because i have a concealer thats to white for my skin or because the powder only comes out a little when you wipe it of. It doesnt come off easily when you take ot off and you have to make sure your not wiping it on your contour because you will have to do it again.
Alyssa R.
Alyssa R.
Bakersfield, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is my first setting powder I've purchased since I didn't want to go all out and buy an expensive one first. But I'm pretty disappointed with it actually. I tried using it to bake, but that's not working out at all, and my face still gets Creasy and just how it is if I don't use it .I don't see any positive changes when using this product.
Esmeralda P.
Esmeralda P.
Escondido, CA
Love this product it gives a great finish to my skin and what I love the most is that it sticks to my finger, I use it on top of my lipstick and it gives me a beautiful matte finish which I love with certain lipsticks. I highly recommend this product, this product also works if you want to bake because it sticks to beauty blenders and brushes
Sally M.
Sally M.
I use this product when I am hoping to look extra fancy and fresh for an event, party, or when I have a big meeting at work. This product gives me that lovely photoshop finish when I am getting ready to take on the day. I don't use it daily, but for the big moments of ife, it's that extra punch that make me feel awesome!
Alysa M.
Alysa M.
Terre Haute, IN
Has anyone tried using this as a touchup powder throughout the day? Does it get cakey if you reapply it?
Monica P.
Monica P.
Any reviews on this ? I've been wanting to try , but I'm not sure about it .
Melissa K.
Melissa K.
Burton, MI
Beauty Junkie Expert
I usually use Mary Kay mineral powder foundation. Could I use this in place of that, or would I still need to use my mineral powder foundation?
Bryana G.
Bryana G.
Somerset, KY
I left the inside unsnapped, now powder flys everywhere! Can anyone give me tips on how to get the powder back in? I've tried tappin it back in but no help.
Brandy H.
Brandy H.
Piedmont, SC
Is this a good product for oily skin?