Add a Photo

By MARY KAY
#6 in Finishing & Translucent Powders

Translucent. Sheer. It’s every woman’s perfect shade. All-new formula contains light-scattering properties designed to help soften the appearance of imperfections for a skin-perfecting finish. One universal powder eliminates the need for shade matching. Feels weightless, natural and velvety soft on skin. Learn more!

Photos (33)
Paloma R.
Paloma R.
Doral, FL

This stuff is great. I generally wear powder foundation. Sometimes Mary Kay, but not always. I like to mix it up. I know that's not everyone's preference. And, I don't generally put this on after eyeshadow and all. I put it on before. I use it primarily to set my foundation. If I have a good foundation the other stuff looks better. And, if I put powder over the other stuff, I feel like it dilutes the overall effect. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I have something to learn. But, anyway, when I have worn this stuff, people have commented on my skin looking gorgeous. That is a change! I'm telling you! This stuff seemed to make me glow but not in that glittery, sparkly way, just in a gee aren't you unusually healthy and lovely today way. I generally aim for matte because my skin leans toward oily and acne even at my advanced age of 52, but, this stuff is great. It just enhances matte foundation. I imagine it would enhance any foundation or just skin, for that matter. And, I've tried tons of powders. I started wearing makeup at 13. You can imagine how many things I've tried. This stuff is good. I highly recommend it.
Accacia H.
Accacia H.

This powder is really nice. I only use it when I want to make my lipsticks matte, and it works great for that purpose! I have very oily skin, and so I tried it on my skin to see if it would help reduce shine and oil. My purpose for it was everyday wear without makeup since I don't wear much foundation or concealer. First I used it over my moisturizer and I must say that it served it's purpose, but it made it seem as if I never applied moisturizer in the first place and my skin looked and felt way too dry for my liking, but what I found is that after a few hours my skin would be oily once more meaning I would have to reapply the powder (which I'm not always capable of doing in certain settings). So currently my only use for this powder is on my lips.
Kaari G.
Kaari G.

I wish I could be writing a review about the cream to powder foundation! But that isn't an option available to me. The loose powder comes in a nice round clear plastic container with stainless steel lid. There are holes in the divider so you can dump the container upside down with the lid on, and some of the powder goes through the holes into the lid. Remove the lid, swirl your brush into the powder, and tap off any excess. Glide the brush over your face. I like the powder because it's light and I can't feel it on my face. Sometimes I think it is too noticeable, though. That's why I gave it 4 stars.
Kelly C.
Kelly C.

This is one of my absolute favorite products in my makeup bag!!! I use it on days I'm more oily to tone done the shine. If my contouring gets too streaky, I use my translucent powder to blend it. I also keep it on hand to help with oily strands when I'm out of dry shampoo. If my settings spray dries too shiny, I top everything off with the translucent powder. It goes on sheer and does not make you ghostly. It's very light weight and doesn't clog pores. I use a fluffy powder brush to set and a flat powder brush for blending.
Sarah F.
Sarah F.

This is an ok product for me. I find that it does help with setting my whole face and helping keep some oil at bay or taming down a dewy finish. However I absolutely hate this for baking my under eye area. It looks very dry and crepey and honestly makes me look older. And this is saying a lot considering I am a very oily person. I'd say it's good if you're looking for an all over quick setting powder to dust on with a fluffy powder brush, but not if you're going to be using it in small concentrated areas or baking.
Heidy M.
Heidy M.
Irving, TX

I enjoy using Mary Kay's translucent powder. I use it primarily to set my makeup. It is very fine, it does not look powdery even when used with my bare minerals. However, I feel that it makes my face greasy later during the day when I combine it with my bare minerals powder foundation lately and that is why I am taking out one star. The other thing I don't quite like is that you must find a MK consultant to be able to buy it.
Mahria b.
Mahria b.
Skiatook, OK

I love this product. I use it for an all over setting powder and to highlight under my eyes. The product has lasted me a long time because it comes with so much. It has a really light silk finish that I love. It makes my face feel so soft. I press it into my skin which completely covers all my pores and makes my makeup last all day. Although it is a little pricey, I have nothing to complain about. Totally worth it!
Kelsey B.
Kelsey B.
Duvall, WA

I LOVE this product! I have oily skin so I have a huge routine I have to go through and this product does wonders for my skin! I use it pretty much almost every day and use it under my eyes too when I need to. I only have to apply it to my trouble t zone spots to keep that area from getting the mid day shine. I highly recommend this product to anyone who's trying to get rid of that mid day shine!
Sonja L.
Sonja L.
Norfolk, VA

Although I've never used any other type of translucent powder I love this one! At first I thought what really is the need for this product but after I tried it I noticed it helped a lot with my oily appearing skin. It also sets and blends all my makeup perfectly after I've done contouring, put on my foundation, blush, and everything else. It kind of gives you that perfect photo finish.
Kristin R.
Kristin R.
Cherry Hill, NJ

I had bought this from a friend who was selling Mary Kay and completely forgot about it. I was organizing my makeup and pulled it out to use and I actually really like it. I mainly use it for under my eyes after my concealer. It makes it so my concealer doesn't break up or turn cakey. I will say, that there are better loose powders on the market and that's why I took off one star.
Alysa M.
Alysa M.
Terre Haute, IN

Has anyone tried using this as a touchup powder throughout the day? Does it get cakey if you reapply it?
Monica P.
Monica P.

Any reviews on this ? I've been wanting to try , but I'm not sure about it .
Brandy H.
Brandy H.
Piedmont, SC

Is this a good product for oily skin?
Bryana G.
Bryana G.
Somerset, KY

I left the inside unsnapped, now powder flys everywhere! Can anyone give me tips on how to get the powder back in? I've tried tappin it back in but no help.
Sarah B.
Sarah B.
Lebanon, OH

Is this a good powder to bake my face with?

Join Now