Jennifer W.
Beauty Junkie Expert

I see that the cleanser has some of the micro beads in them so you think work the ban on them that the it will be reformulated soon?

Kelly C.
Kelly C.
1 year, 6 months ago
The beads on the cleanser are safe! The only Mary Kay exfoliating product being reformulated is the Satin Hands set.
Alise S.
Alise S.
1 year, 7 months ago
I am not sure if the beads in the cleanser are biodegradable or not. I haven't been able to locate that information online. I can ask my director (I am a Mary Kay consultant). However, they do have a "Pink Doing Green" campaign in which they are striving to be environmentally friendly (and keep making environmentally friendly changes) with recyclable and biodegradable materials, lessened energy use, as well as tree planting campaigns. They have been recognized by the EPA and other health agencies. If the beads are not biodegradable, they will definitely reformulate the beads since it's one of their main (if not the #1 seller).
Brittany L.
Brittany L.
Austin, TX
1 year, 7 months ago
The cleanser does have micro beads, however, micro beads were not banned completely. Micro beads that are not biodegradable are the ones that are illegal. However, I am not sure whether or not Mary Kay already uses biodegradable micro beads or not.
Amber V.
Amber V.
Fall Creek , WI
1 year, 10 months ago
I would think that they have to, and I also wonder about pulling items currently in use?