Add a Photo

By MARY KAY
#14 in Eyeliner

The precision of a pencil meets the intensity of a liquid in one smooth gel eyeliner formula. Foolproof and easy-to-apply, this versatile eyeliner lets you create beautiful fine lines for a daytime look or intensify with ease for a more dramatic look. Dries quickly, delivering an intense color payoff. Learn more!

Photos (45)
Sarah F.
Sarah F.
Plant City, FL

Let me start off with saying that I am not a huge fan of gel liner period, but I thought would give this one a try since the pigmentation was so good... that was a mistake. First issue: the brush that it comes with is pretty bad, not soft at all and isn't precise enough for my liking. Second issue: this stuff takes FOREVER to dry why is part of the reason that I hate it so much, it applies fine (when I'm not using the brush it comes with) but then if I just look up it will smudge all over my eyelid even if I wait almost two minutes. Third issue: This stuff gets everywhere, it's like the herpes of the makeup world, one day my friend pointed out to me that I some how got it on my ear... I don't even know how! Fourth and final issue: it gets so dry in the pot, I would have to stir it around just so that it wouldn't get crunchy (which is not a good texture for eyeliner to be). Over all I would not recommend this product and the only reason I'm giving it two stars instead of one is because the pigmentation is really nice and once it finally dries, it's actually pretty smudge proof.
April G.
April G.

This stuff is practically waterproof! I just used it while at a waterpark and had no smudging all afternoon. And wow, it is jet black. You can create some awesome looks with this liner and even use it as a dramatic eyeshadow base. I personally do not use the included brush unless I am travelling since it's easier to apply with a full size liner brush. But the inlcuded brush gets the job done. I feel like I never run out of liner and the only reason I purchase a new one is if my old one dries out. You have to shut the lid tightly closed to keep your gel formula smooth and prevent it from drying out. Although it takes a little more effort than a pencil or felt tip liner, the results can be totally worth it!
Daiana u.
Daiana u.

Me encanta este mucho. Me gustaría decir que no he jugado con demasiados delineadores en gel de maceta, pero hace unos años, tuve uno de la farmacia (no 100% seguro de la marca, lo siento) y definitivamente no estaba a la altura con este . Estoy derribando una estrella porque siento el aplicador no es suficientemente precisa si usted está buscando un ala más nítida. Desde mi colección cepillo no es demasiado grande, normalmente aplico la mayor parte de mi delineador de ojos con esto y alcanzo un delineador líquido para el ala. Pero encuentro este producto muy eficaz y fácil de usar y manipular.
Tiffany R.
Tiffany R.
Fort Valley, VA

My mom originally bought this from her distributor. As someone who typically used liquid eyeliner, I found this liner very difficult to evenly apply. It was hard the get on the brush in the first place, and it was even harder to get on my eyelid. The color is very prominent and does not smudge at first, but it clumped on the brush and as a result was hard to apply. When I did manage to put it on, it was thick and uneven. This product is maybe for someone who knows how to use it, but personally it was hard to apply and singed after a while. In the end, I think the cost outweighs the benefits.
Wendy E.
Wendy E.
West Covina, CA

I purchased this eyeliner about 3 years ago when I was putting my kit together to begin makeup artistry classes. I was very skeptical about it because I was already in love with another brand. When I used it for the first time I fell completely in love with it. I loved the creme texture and smooth way it glided. Not only was it very pigmented it was also very long lasting and smudge proof. The best thing was when I put it on my waterline. It didn't wear off, smudge, or irritate my eyes. Now I carry 3 in my kit and have 2 for my personal use. This is a product I highly recommend.
Jess U.
Jess U.
Palmetto Bay, FL

The packaging is quite nice on this, and it seals very tightly. Unfortunately, that is where the pros end. I find the texture of the gel very difficult to work with. It does not go on very smooth and can get chunky at times. The brush is definitely the wrong kind, it is difficult to control, and creates a thick, clumped line. I tried the gel liner with a different brush of mine (a thin slant brush) and it seemed to work much better. Overall, I would not recommend this product to anyone, especially someone who is not skilled at putting on winged eyeliner - not user friendly!
Stephanie I.
Stephanie I.
Riverside, CA

I love this sooooo much. I will say that I haven't played around with too many gel pot eyeliners, but a few years back, I had one from the drugstore (not 100% sure on the brand, sorry) and it was definitely not up to par with this. I am knocking down a star because I feel the applicator isn't precise enough if you're looking for a sharper wing. Since my brush collection isn't too large, I normally apply the bulk of my eyeliner with this and reach for a liquid liner for the wing. BUT I find this product extremely effective and easy to use and manipulate.
Lauren  L.
Lauren L.
Lewisport, KY

This product is a must for my daily makeup routine! I honestly do not go a day without using the Mary Kay Gel Eyeliner in Jet Black. The expandable brush applicator makes it so easy to apply the gel and the angle of the brush makes for a great cat eye. There are so many different looks you can have with this eyeliner; a thin subtle look or a bold and dramatic look. For me I have very sensitive eyes so being able to use a gel liner that also has a flawless finish was very exciting. I would highly recommend this product.
Nicole M.
Nicole M.
Carlsbad, NM

I tried this product because the distributor said it would last all day...heck yeah! I tend to have my eyeliner smudge on the top of my eyelid...so if it lasted all day at the base of my eyelashes I would be sold. Well day one it went on smooth and extra black like I like. After about 4 hours of wear I peaked in the mirror to notice the smudge beginning. By day end, I had a dark smudge of eyeline on the top of my eyelid...not what I was expecting. The price was not bad, and the initial application was perfect.
Kaitlyn P.
Kaitlyn P.

I'm fairly new to make up. For about a year now, I've been trying to get my sister to try and teach me how to do my eyeliner like my all time favorite, Taylor Swift. My mom is a Mary Kay consultant, and so she bought this for me to practice. It's not too pricey, and it's easy to use. The consistency is smooth and makes application easy if you have a steady hand. And since the product comes with a brush, you only have to worry about buying this one thing and not having to agonize over getting the right brush.
Kristen B.
Kristen B.
Seekonk, MA

Does everyone use this provided brush with the eyeliner, or their own? Can you get a thin line with it?
Ana B.
Ana B.
Elkridge, MD

I'm not good with eyeliner, so is that easy to apply?
Liz W.
Liz W.
Fremont, CA

What is your favorite product by Mary Kay
Cassandra R.
Cassandra R.
Bradenton, FL

I have been searching for a eyeliner that is easy to use but last long , one that dosent crack will this be a good one to try?
Briana C.
Briana C.

Whats the difference between the gel and liquid eyeliners? Which do you prefer?

Join Now