Marvelous Usa, Inc. Nintendo 3DS - Story of Seasons

by Marvelous Usa, Inc.

No description available.

Is this game similar to harvest moon?
What would you compare this game to? I loved the harvest moon games, is it anything like that?
I think this is a great game, I am told it is taking place of the Harvest Moon games. I LOVED those so I had to give this one a try. Let me say I was not disappointed.
Start your review of Marvelous Usa, Inc. Nintendo 3DS - Story of Seasons!
2 years agoPortland
I've never been more satisfied to see a company branch away from another as I have been with Marvelous and Natsume.
I have played Harvest Moon games since the beginning, and have recently been very underwhelmed with the new HM games.
When Story of Seasons was released under the original company who created the genre, I took a chance, hoping against hope that I could return to the farming glory of past memory.
I am not disappointed. After a long introduction sequence, I got into the rhythm of tending my garden, managing friendships, caring for animals and pursuing love and glory with little difficulty.
While many of the Harvest Moon games I've played in the recent past lost my attention after year 2, this one has continued to engage me due to the excellent pacing and continual challenges and ability to unlock new animals, crops, shops 3, 4 and sometimes even 5 years in!
Great improvements, wonderful graphics and lots of reason to keep playing.
Great improvements, wonderful graphics and lots of reason to keep playing.
3 years agoUpper Lake, CA
Marvelous Usa, Inc. Nintendo 3DS - Story of Seasons uploaded by Ashley W.
Marvelous Usa, Inc. Nintendo 3DS - Story of Seasons uploaded by Ashley W.
Such a cute game ! It did remind me a lot of Harvest Moon (which is why I bought and loved it!!) You can play as a guy or girl, & once you become friends and close to others you can also obtain a girlfriend / boyfriend, get a larger house and have a baby! There's also so much more to the story line as well!
4 years ago
Overall this is a good game, if you aren't aware it's the 'actual' Harvest Moon game. Instead of going into more detail about that I suggest you research the subject on your own, I only mention it since it follows similar games in the series. As far as game play go, there is a week long tutorial. For people who have played the series before it's a little tedious, but easy enough to skip. I would say that this requires a guide, either a physical copy or one online. This is simply to prevent frustration as EVERYTHING is something that should be kept, even weeds. The game doesn't tell you this of course, but it makes your life easier if you keep a certain number of items in your storage box for items that you can make. Various guides list out what you should keep from each season, what those items are for, and how many you should have. The game play is the same as most Harvest Moon games. I find it a bit harder to determine friendship levels with characters that aren't love interests, though you can push the left trigger to make a short animation appear above a character's head and judge it from there. To me this felt like the slowest Harvest Moon game. By this I mean it takes one full month before you're able to 'earn' more land, it takes at least three seasons to unlock certain merchants, there's a general lack of direction that feels a bit weird but not to the point where it distracts from game play. If you play as a male character there is one bachelorette that will take more than a year before you are even able to start wooing her, which is another negative. This is a game of patience, moreso than other titles in the series, but that doesn't make it any less enjoyable. I feel that if they were to incorporate elements from the Rune Factory series it might be even better, but as it stands now it is still an entertaining game that should have you playing for many hours, just maybe not all at once since it can get a little repetitive.
3 years agoSusanville, CA
I really enjoyed this game just I did jump on the ban wagon a little late but I have still invested a ton of hours into this game. I like how there's just so many different things you can focus on. Which can actually be a little bit over whelming at times. Lol but it was still a great game I can't wait till the next one comes out very soon!
a year agoBrimley , MI
This game is great, sighs the adventure and smooth gameplay. It is so similar to harvest moon I can’t imagine it being better. Both games are great but they have thier own style. I love them both. I have a large verity and quests.
a year agoACWORTH, GA
Marvelous Usa, Inc. Nintendo 3DS - Story of Seasons uploaded by Amanda B.
Very cute game with cute characters and graphics. Great for the beginner game of the story of seasons series. Great for anyone who collects the Harvest Moon series as well. Also, cute animals, can’t forget that.
4 years ago
Marvelous Usa, Inc. Nintendo 3DS - Story of Seasons uploaded by Laura B.
Such a great game. If you were ever a fan of any of the Harvest Moon games, you will love this. There is so much to do! Harvesting crops, raising your animals, falling in love and starting a family, running your own cart where you can sell things, achievements, fishing... I mean the list goes on and on. You're able to customize your character so much more in this game. Hair color, eye color, gender, facial expressions and you can even eventually change your outfits. You must have a lot of patience to play a game like this. It can get very repeatative, but just stick with it and it gets better and better!
3 years ago
Marvelous Usa, Inc. Nintendo 3DS - Story of Seasons uploaded by Sarah G.
Marvelous Usa, Inc. Nintendo 3DS - Story of Seasons uploaded by Sarah G.
I started playing farming games back when Harvest Moon was available for N64. I love this for the 3DS. My character is a girl with blue hair and purple eyes. I love how you can customize your house and farm area. I also like how you can compete for different farming plots in the town. I'm not a huge fan of going all the way to town to turn in my produce, but I understand the necessity. I also like the graphics overall.
4 years agoIndianapolis, IN
Marvelous Usa, Inc. Nintendo 3DS - Story of Seasons uploaded by Katy M.
I've been a Harvest Moon fan since SNES. Despite the name change, this game is the sequel to Harvest Moon a New Beginning. (Natsume kept the name rights, but SoS is from the original creator). I have always loved the stories and characters of this series. I love the progression of working hard with barely anything to having a million animals, fields of crops and sheds to produce products.
4 years agoAstoria, NY
Great game! They've added a lot of new features. I've been playing harvest moon since the Gameboy and they've really evolved. Farming is easier and relationships are easier to track too. The whole map is easy to learn and it's relaxing. It does get kind of stale after a while because it becomes repetitive however, just out it down and when you don't play it for a bit you begin to miss it and wanna start playing again!