BY MARTHA STEWART #22 in Dog Nail Clippers

Cutting guard for safety Ergonomic, secure-grip handle High-grade stainless steel Made exclusively for PetSmart. Care Instructions: Spot clean with a pet-safe detergent. see more...

• I need new clippers for my basset hound. Do these stay sh...1 Answers
crystal B.
I brought these these clippers to groom my little shorkie because I was tired of the money it took to groom him and it didn't turn out well! My pet couldn't get comfortable and didn't enjoy it! I decided to put them up and just continue going to the groomer so that my pet would feel less discomfort from my less experienced hands!!
Megan M.
Mesa, AZ
I would prefer to get my dogs nails clipped by a groomer but she won't let them under any circumstances. So I bought these clippers hoping to keep her nails from getting too unruly. They work better than some other cheap clippers that I've bought but if your dog has thick black nails like mine, you might have trouble.
Lindsey T.
Norfolk, VA
I love the style of these clippers. They are the easiest for me to use and offer a good angle for clipping. The reason I didn't rate them higher is that they do not maintain their sharpness for very long. That is a bummer because I don't think you're supposed to sharpen them yourself.
Kristin C.
Rancho Mission Viejo, CA
Pet Lover Expert Level 2
Just no. These look nice and big, but they aren't strong or sharp enough to cut your dogs nails quickly. Way too flimsy! Save your money on this and take your dog into Petsmart grooming for a quick nail cut foe $5-$7. No scratches or angry dog for you.
Barbara F.
I did not like these at all. First of they are way to hard to use. The snipping noise of the clippers terrified my dog. Now she refuses to go anywhere near the clippers.
Jamie M.
Manhattan, Ks
Still searching for a pair of clippers that my dog isn't terrified of and that I'm not terrified to use. These are just a little too difficult.
Ciarra M.
Columbus, GA
These clippers are good, but you have to make sure you know what you are doing, if you try to cut the nails to short you can hurt your dog.
Gabby D.
Hudsonville, MI
Pet Lover Expert Level 3
Not thrilled at all with this product line. Trendy but cheaply made. Did I mention the items are over priced as well?
Kim P.
Murphysboro, IL
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
They make my dog's nails split.. They're not very sharp and are hard to use. Seems like the cheaper ones work better.
Brittany S.
Clarkesville, GA
I am not a fan of clippers. I think only Certified Groomers and Veterinarians should clip an animals nails.
Courtney B.
Olathe, KS
I need new clippers for my basset hound. Do these stay sharp very long? Lots of clippers dull quickly and I need some that stay sharper longer. Thanks!