BY MARSHALL PET PRODUCTS #4 in Dog Grooming Supplies

Aids in the prevention of hairballs. Great tasting, safe and easy to use. Approved and recommended by leading ferret veterinarians and breeders. Ferret Lax is a great-tasting internal lubricant that aids in the prevention and elimination of hairballs in ferrets. Use Ferret Lax to help remove unintentionally ingested items that may not pass through their system. Frequent brushing will remove loose hair from the pet's coat and keep it from being ingested, minimizing hairball problems. Symptoms: If your ferret has ribbon-like stool and has a loss of appetite, dry coughs and gags, these are common symptoms of hairballs or obstructions in a ferret's stomach and /or intestine. Directions for use: Do not administer to ferrets less than 6 months of age. Active ingredients: Each 3 grams contains 1.8 grams Petrolatum. Other active ingredients: Cod liver oil, malt extract, methylparaben, molasses, natural and artificial flavors, polysorbate 20, potassium. see more...

• I was going to buy it untill i read up online for hours. its bad fo...2 Answers
  • I'm hesitant to buy this product, does it work good? Has anyone had...3 Answers
Buy on PetSmart
Klaudia T.
Klaudia T.
I have two ferrets and they love to clean each other and always get hair in their throats and nose and this works great. I bought it at my local petco. I highly suggest this product.
Felicia c.
Felicia c.
Good to have on hand and does help in a pinch but there is too much sugar in here for my liking. I don't use it daily and only use on occasion. It does work and is reasonably priced but I wish a place that sells ferrets would make their ingredients healthier for ferrets
port townsend, WA
Pet Lover Expert
This is a bad product to use on any ferret. do your homework. Use pumkin that is 100% pure in a can,. its safer for them. this has too much sugar and can cause major life threatning problems for your little furries. .
Katie P.
Katie P.
Gloversville, NY
We purcahsed this product when one of my ferrets seemed to have a blockage, He was eating or pooping. We gave him some of this and he eventually passed a piece of fabric he had eaten. This helped save my boy.
Christine G.
Christine G.
Good but not great. Our ferrets prefer another brand's laxative, but what I like about this product is that it is easier to find in-store. The good news is they will eat the hairball remedy, but it is just not a favorite. Recommended, but not highly.
Casey N.
Casey N.
E Stroudsburg, PA
With my last ferret, this product has to have saved me hundreds in potential vet bills. My ferret Daisy, who recently passed, loved this product. She'd run around excitedly because it was that much of a treat for her. The first time she had hairballs I had ran her straight away to the vet just to be safe. From that point on, I was giving her this treatment every other day for maintenance during her hairball seasons. She never hacked or coughed or suffered with hairballs again. Trust me, the ten or so dollars is worth every dime when it came to my furbaby's happiness. If I ever decide to get another ferret, Ferret Lax will be on the shopping list.
Michelle G.
Michelle G.
Somerset, NJ
When I had my beloved Theodore he really enjoyed this, I used it as a treat almost weekly to prevent any blockages from occurring.
Rachel M.
Rachel M.
Ferret lax worked great for my little fuzzy. Anytime I could tell she was gettin a hairball I'd give her some and it took care of it right away.
Katie W.
Katie W.
Lock Haven, PA
While this product can work for hairballs and other small foreign object (for the ferret that just LOVES to eat bits of rubber), I've found that there are much healthier options available.

This product is a petroleum based flavored with malt/molasses. The fact that it contains sweetener is concerning to be due to the overwhelming evidence that ties sugar to the disease insulinoma. I would prefer that this product use a natural meat flavoring, or none at all.
Kaylee L.
Kaylee L.
Green Bay, WI
Got this off of Amazon for my two ferrets. Both love this stuff. As it helps clean out their system from hairballs as well as it is a nice tasting treat for them as well. I would highly recommend.
Crystal S.
Crystal S.
Clinton, Ohio
Pet Lover Expert
I'm hesitant to buy this product, does it work good? Has anyone had any problems with it?
port townsend, WA
Pet Lover Expert
I was going to buy it untill i read up online for hours. its bad for them and can lead to major life threatening problems, just use 100% pure canned pumpkin. use half teaspoon every day, for a couple days. its a natural diuretic that will not harm them. the other stuff is loaded with sugar and stuff that can cause them to get adrenal disease.