BY MARS FISHCARE

This all-natural salt is made from evaporated sea water and offers an array of benefits to your aquarium, including helping to promote healthy gill function, improving the efficiency of medications and reducing the harmful effects of nitrite. Witness the wonder that salt can have on your aquarium with this API Aquarium Salt that's derived from evaporated sea water for an all-natural conditioning solution. The salt works to help promote healthy gill function in your fish, while also improving the effectiveness of medications. By reducing the loss of electrolytes in your aquarium, the salt also helps reduce stress on your aquatic pets, and reduces the harmful effects of nitrites. All-natural salt made from evaporated sea water helps promote healthy gill function and helps reduce stress and loss of electrolytes in your fish by reducing the harmful effects of nitrite Improves the efficiency of medications Available in 65-fl. oz. containers *See menu selections above for sizes and styles in stock and available online. see more...

Buy on PetSmart
Darian M.
Darian M.
Lynn Haven, FL
Only good for thank without any kind of crustaceans, or temperamental fish will definitely kill you crayfish/snails/ and other fish be careful.
Halle R.
Halle R.
this product is definitely a must when you have fish. it helps heal torn fins and other diseases.
Monica G.
Monica G.
Good product to use to keep your fish healthy and prevent sickness. I used this for my betta fish and a little goes a long way. You get a lot of product for the price and it lasts a long time. I would recommend to put some when cleaning the tank and letting it dissolve so that the fish does not eat it. I would recommend these to betta fish owners.
Aly F.
Aly F.
Lewes
Pet Lover Expert
I use aquarium salt when I do water changes every 3 weeks and it seems to help keep bacteria away. I have a 5 gallon tank, so I put a table spoon in with the water conditioner. I have had no major problems with this, so I would recommend any fish owner use this, but make sure you don't over salt!
shiffa i.
shiffa i.
Los Angeles, CA
I've been using API aquarium salt for 4 years now. I had problems with water quality in the beginning, but since then I keep a cylindrical container about two inches long and 1 inch in diameter filled with aquarium salt in my 60 gal. tank and I fill it up every two weeks when I change the water. Haven't had any major water problems since I started using it!
masooma s.
masooma s.
I don't own a fish tank however my aunt doesn't and she has this sitting my her tank and says it is very important
christal Y.
christal Y.
Osterburg, PA
Purchased this product for my fish tank... Helps to balance the chemicals in the tank. Was recommended by an employee at pet smart when I was having problems with my tank. It really helps and my fish are not in distress any longer. I use this when I change out the water every other month.
Renée S.
Renée S.
Calgary, Alberta
Aquarium salt is a must for anyone keeping fish. I use it to clean new aquarium decorations. I add a little pinch when adding replacing water after a cleaning as it helps ease stress.
Lindsay C.
Lindsay C.
Foxboro, Ontario
I use API aquarium salts for cleaning my tank and it works wonders. I also used it when my fish were stressed (after one had passed) and it seemed to help with that as well.
Aubrey K.
Aubrey K.
Knoxville, TN
How much salt should I add and how often to a small tank with one betta fish and one snail?